+ Reply to Thread

Pretty Junk via Ebay

Ya need to be very cautioous on buying any type of motorcycle on E-Bay. QUAD CITY SALVAGE AUCTION, aka(QCSA) based out of Dubuque or Davenport, IA. buys all of the bikes through State Farm & other ins Companies that they can. The buy the bikes & half-assidly repair them & put an Iowa title them in Iowa.You say wow check this ouyt & put a high bid on it, QCSA has their dummy bidder out bid you by a few dollars & you up it by a few more , & ya won a bike. Is the frame bent or craked???Will the half assed re-weld job hold up at 110mph??? You go pick the bike up & a young looking individual will say to you" yea, Ill sure miss the times Ive had on it" & in an hour laater the same speach again to someone else.

Re: Pretty Junk via Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by AmcJavelin
    Ya need to be very cautioous on buying any type of motorcycle on E-Bay. QUAD CITY SALVAGE AUCTION, aka(QCSA) based out of Dubuque or Davenport, IA. buys all of the bikes through State Farm & other ins Companies that they can. The buy the bikes & half-assidly repair them & put an Iowa title them in Iowa.You say wow check this ouyt & put a high bid on it, QCSA has their dummy bidder out bid you by a few dollars & you up it by a few more , & ya won a bike. Is the frame bent or craked???Will the half assed re-weld job hold up at 110mph??? You go pick the bike up & a young looking individual will say to you" yea, Ill sure miss the times Ive had on it" & in an hour laater the same speach again to someone else.
    Hey Javelin was that you I seen on side of road about 2 years ago in 3 pieces
    around Davenport, IA.Ebay give your money back I hope.

Why don't you check out the vehicle history on "CARFAX" or some other registry before you buy? Most insurance companies check to make sure the vehicle you are insuring was not a "write-off" on a previous claim - but that may just be the norm where I am. Salvage companies buy up the scrap for parts and metal - nothing more. Sorry to hear of your bad experience.
    Last edited by linda49; 01-08-2006 at 05:48 AM. Reason: k where the l should be

Im driving a vehicle that has a salvage title right now. The title was turned into clear after on of Indiana's finest did a inspection. If an Ins company sees that the car is a salvage, they will not insure the vehicle. I haven't seen it all yet but I know the basics. And Simon that car you saw in 3 peices was the Corvette I smoked!!
    HEATHER FOREVER!!!!!Heather O'Rourke,I Love you!!:D 1975 -1988