+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

MARRYING YoUR OWN UNDER-AGE CLONE

MARRYING YOUR OWN UNDER-AGE CLONE

See, this is where it gets a bit dicey...the writer of the 'Brokeback Mountain' piece has a 'problem' with the Hollywood agenda, as do I. He understands, better than most, where the slippery slope leads. In fact, it was only six months or so ago that I mentioned that once we allowed gay marriage it would only be a matter of time before marriage meant absolutely nothing. I think my words were: "We'd be marrying our pets". I was ridiculed then, bit I wonder who thinks it is ridiculous today...they are marrying dolphins in Europe today. Not dolphins and other dolphins, mind you...people and dolphins. Just so we're clear.

The writer does, however, have an anti-gay bias. This is not just wrong, it clouds the issue. Someone mentioned civil unions, as if that has something to do with it. It does not. Most of the gay people that I know want civil unions to be legal, and I believe that polls show that most Americans are in favor of this. We could simply legalize the unions of gay folks and be done with it. However, as usual, this is not what liberals want...you see, they won't be happy unless they can IMPOSE their agenda on others. The gay-marriage issue is tailor-made for them, because it attacks the rest of the society on so many levels. It attacks religion, it attacks 'family' and it attacks tradition.

So lets be very clear about what is at stake here. If liberals have their way, gay marriage will become the law of the land. Next comes marrying inside one's own family. Then comes marrying more than one person. Then comes marrying into other species. Then, the 'holy grail' for real liberals...the reason they get up in the morning...you guessed it---marrying children. Not children and other children, mind you. Adults and children. Just so we're clear.

As liberals continuously erode the definition of 'child' by eroding the way that society protects and identifies them, eventually the argument will be made that 13 year olds are old enough to decide who they want to marry. Then 10 year olds, then 7 year olds.

With stem-cell cloning for replacement parts soon to be a reality, creating babies out of 'whole-cloth' cannot be far behind. At that point...who IS God? It should be quite easy to further discredit the notion of God with brand new just-add-water babies all over the place. So...will He let it happen?

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: MARRYING YoUR OWN UNDER-AGE CLONE

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone

See, this is where it gets a bit dicey...the writer of the 'Brokeback Mountain' piece has a 'problem' with the Hollywood agenda, as do I. He understands, better than most, where the slippery slope leads. In fact, it was only six months or so ago that I mentioned that once we allowed gay marriage it would only be a matter of time before marriage meant absolutely nothing. I think my words were: "We'd be marrying our pets". I was ridiculed then, bit I wonder who thinks it is ridiculous today...they are marrying dolphins in Europe today. Not dolphins and other dolphins, mind you...people and dolphins. Just so we're clear.

The writer does, however, have an anti-gay bias. This is not just wrong, it clouds the issue. Someone mentioned civil unions, as if that has something to do with it. It does not. Most of the gay people that I know want civil unions to be legal, and I believe that polls show that most Americans are in favor of this. We could simply legalize the unions of gay folks and be done with it. However, as usual, this is not what liberals want...you see, they won't be happy unless they can IMPOSE their agenda on others. The gay-marriage issue is tailor-made for them, because it attacks the rest of the society on so many levels. It attacks religion, it attacks 'family' and it attacks tradition.

So lets be very clear about what is at stake here. If liberals have their way, gay marriage will become the law of the land. Next comes marrying inside one's own family. Then comes marrying more than one person. Then comes marrying into other species. Then, the 'holy grail' for real liberals...the reason they get up in the morning...you guessed it---marrying children. Not children and other children, mind you. Adults and children. Just so we're clear.

As liberals continuously erode the definition of 'child' by eroding the way that society protects and identifies them, eventually the argument will be made that 13 year olds are old enough to decide who they want to marry. Then 10 year olds, then 7 year olds.

With stem-cell cloning for replacement parts soon to be a reality, creating babies out of 'whole-cloth' cannot be far behind. At that point...who IS God? It should be quite easy to further discredit the notion of God with brand new just-add-water babies all over the place. So...will He let it happen?

Hmmmm... not let me see, now; that all sounds kinda weird, I'd say! :eek:

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    Hmmmm... not let me see, now; that all sounds kinda weird, I'd say! :eek:

And more than a little paranoid. LOL. ;) He's sounding more and more like those "conspiracy" theorists.

I think I may start calling him chicken little.

LM
    Last edited by sojustask; 01-03-2006 at 05:55 AM.

Pwrone - Marriage doesn't mean a whole lot in North America today and hasn't for some time - I don't like it - but it is a fact. Adults marrying children is far from a new problem as well. As for the woman who married the dolphin (yeah, I heard the story, too) I think she is just trying to say that all the good men are taken. More important - Will there relationship withstand the long seperations? Will Flipper stray or prove himself worthy of her trust? Will he demand palimony if they seperate? What property would she be entitled to? What of there offspring - shared custody could be difficult for the little smelts! It is all so worrisome. About the clone thing - Wouldn't you really have to be in love with yourself to want to marry a clone of yourself? I think there's a name for that.......................
    Last edited by linda49; 01-03-2006 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Pwrone - Marriage doesn't mean a whole lot in North America today and hasn't for some time - I don't like it - but it is a fact. Adults marrying children is far from a new problem as well. As for the woman who married the dolphin (yeah, I heard the story, too) I think she is just trying to say that all the good men are taken. More important - Will there relationship withstand the long seperations? Will Flipper stray or prove himself worthy of her trust? Will he demand palimony if they seperate? What property would she be entitled to? What of there offspring - shared custody could be difficult for the little smelts! It is all so worrisome.

Hmmmm... a SEXIST no less! Oh me, Oh my... ANd it is said that only men... :eek:

Pwrone - Marriage doesn't mean a whole lot in North America today and hasn't for some time - I don't like it - but it is a fact. Adults marrying children is far from a new problem as well. As for the woman who married the dolphin (yeah, I heard the story, too) I think she is just trying to say that all the good men are taken. More important - Will there relationship withstand the long seperations? Will Flipper stray or prove himself worthy of her trust? Will he demand palimony if they seperate? What property would she be entitled to? What of there offspring - shared custody could be difficult for the little smelts! It is all so worrisome.
    ROFLMAO. What does one call the offspring of a dolphin and human, Dolmans?

:eek:

I don't get the "sexist" comment but the offspring of a human and a dolphin would be called "ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    ROFLMAO. What does one call the offspring of a dolphin and human, Dolmans?

:eek:

Germans call someone stupid: "Dumkoph". A Human-Dolphin hybrid maybe
    would be a Humn-Dolph! :D

I don't get the "sexist" comment but the offspring of a human and a dolphin would be called "ugly".
    I think that seaman of old might have thought mermaids were the offspring. But then didn't they think Manatees were mermaids too? I think I remember hearing that on the Discovery channel once.

So, seaman aren't that bright. After a year or two at sea, I imagine just about anything starts to look pretty good. LOL

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 01-03-2006 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    Germans call someone stupid: "Dumkoph". A Human-Dolphin hybrid maybe
    would be a Humn-Dolph! :D
    Huphin anyone?

LOL.

Excellent - Now what would you call your own clone? I guess if you married your own clone you could call it your better half? If it were in fact "under age" then "baby" could work. Calling it "Number 2" would just be rude. On the plus side there would be no offspring to worry about......unless pwrone has a new scenario for us...........
    Last edited by linda49; 01-03-2006 at 07:36 AM.

I am afraid we would run into many of the same problems we already have...who decides what the 'babies' should be called...and are they babies or, as suggested, smelt? Think of the social sensitivity issues raised by the prospect of water-dwelling smelt-babies...we would be required to have smelt-baby access to educational resources as well as smelt-baby-sensitive dietary considerations. Think of how costly it was to convert old structures for wheelchair access...the costs of providing smelt-baby access to all societal functions (under threat of lawsuit by the aclu) would be astronomical! If 'we' are to name the new species...WHO decides? Because by using words that seem favorable to one species or another, aren't we by definition specieists? And isn't that an entirely NEW can of worms? If you will pardon.............

Also, do you have any doubt that the most narcisistic among us would want to have sexual relations with a young clone of themselves? It would be as irresistable as it is inevitable...unless.....well...you know.

I am afraid we would run into many of the same problems we already have...who decides what the 'babies' should be called...and are they babies or, as suggested, smelt? Think of the social sensitivity issues raised by the prospect of water-dwelling smelt-babies...we would be required to have smelt-baby access to educational resources as well as smelt-baby-sensitive dietary considerations. Think of how costly it was to convert old structures for wheelchair access...the costs of providing smelt-baby access to all societal functions (under threat of lawsuit by the aclu) would be astronomical! If 'we' are to name the new species...WHO decides? Because by using words that seem favorable to one species or another, aren't we by definition specieists? And isn't that an entirely NEW can of worms? If you will pardon.............

Also, do you have any doubt that the most narcisistic among us would want to have sexual relations with a young clone of themselves? It would be as irresistable as it is inevitable...unless.....well...you know.
    Here's the post that shows the world that you are truly insane.

Quote of the century for this forum:

"Think of the social sensitivity issues raised by the prospect of water-dwelling smelt-babies." -pwrone

And Pwrone, how did you come to the conclusion that the left want to eventually marry children ? I suppose you think that most pedophiles are liberals then ?

I truly believe God won't allow us to get too close to cloning outright humans. Men before the flood had great knowledge in this regard, but they were stopped as well, before they got out of hand.

Remember this much; God is in control no matter what. Everything is happening for reasons we may never understand in this life.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Here's the post that shows the world that you are truly insane.

Quote of the century for this forum:

"Think of the social sensitivity issues raised by the prospect of water-dwelling smelt-babies." -pwrone
    Actually I think it's this quote that shows the world how in need of a mental hospital he is:

His is truly a very sick mind.

Lady Mod

It is thought by most that Mary gave birth to Jesus at age 14, that would likely make her 13 at the time God made her pregnant. Many countries allow and expect girls to marry at 12 and younger. The Aimer of Kuwait marries a 12-year-old girl every Thursday and divorcées her on Saturday and we helped him to keep this tradition alive.

In Africa 12 year old girls are forced to marry, most get pregnant, and die trying to give birth or are starved to death by their husbands because of birthing effects. Oprah recently did a story on this and tries to help by providing corrective surgery and $100 in cash to help these young women.

Why would anyone think we are not headed that way ourselves? Plural marriage is very secularist and will soon be done away with if the past is any indication. To say Pwrone is crazy is to not understand his sense of humor. People thought he was crazy when he suggested that marriage would one day be allowed with your pet, now it would seem he was smarter than all of us.