+ Reply to Thread

Multiple signups for same offer...???

Quick question, I did a search and could not find any relevant information. I signed up for a few offers for PS3 (lowes giftcard, Linen'n Things and Complete Home) Everything went well and just recieved my check.
    Last week I signed up for Sony 42inch Plasma under Market Survey Group, and noticed the same three offers. I thought why not sign up again. I was using a differnt name and email, but the offer will not go through, kept giving me the same error, check credit card number.

At first I thought it was because I was using the same credit card, that I signed up for the PS3, so I changed the credit card number, still same problem. Then I used the person I signed up for credit card, and still same error. Is it because the address is the same from PS3 offer to this offer?? Confusing I know, check below, should be easier to understand.

PS3 under my name---my credit card (went through)

Plasma under my dads name---my card (same as PS3 offer) no go
    Plasma under my dads name---my card (differnt than PS3 offer) no go
    Plasma under my dads name---his credit card (no previous offer signup) no go

The only thing other then web error, is the same address for my dad, and me, could be causing this. Has anyone singedup for Complete Home, Lowes Card, and Linenen Things, multiple times??

UPDATE: Singed up for CompleteHome using "my" second credit card, no problem, just the Lowes and Linen'n Things offers, keep giving me "check credit card number" error, any suggestion appreciated.
    Last edited by faheem5; 12-27-2005 at 08:54 PM. Reason: UPDATE:

Re: Multiple signups for same offer...???

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but try deleting your cookies. Click on Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies. Try deleting your internet files and clearing your history also. It may or may not work, but it's easy enough it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by faheem5
    Quick question, I did a search and could not find any relevant information. I signed up for a few offers for PS3 (lowes giftcard, Linen'n Things and Complete Home) Everything went well and just recieved my check.
    Last week I signed up for Sony 42inch Plasma under Market Survey Group, and noticed the same three offers. I thought why not sign up again. I was using a differnt name and email, but the offer will not go through, kept giving me the same error, check credit card number.

At first I thought it was because I was using the same credit card, that I signed up for the PS3, so I changed the credit card number, still same problem. Then I used the person I signed up for credit card, and still same error. Is it because the address is the same from PS3 offer to this offer?? Confusing I know, check below, should be easier to understand.

PS3 under my name---my credit card (went through)

Plasma under my dads name---my card (same as PS3 offer) no go
    Plasma under my dads name---my card (differnt than PS3 offer) no go
    Plasma under my dads name---his credit card (no previous offer signup) no go

The only thing other then web error, is the same address for my dad, and me, could be causing this. Has anyone singedup for Complete Home, Lowes Card, and Linenen Things, multiple times??

UPDATE: Singed up for CompleteHome using "my" second credit card, no problem, just the Lowes and Linen'n Things offers, keep giving me "check credit card number" error, any suggestion appreciated.
    I know when I have signed up for the Linen & Things offer (I believe this is one of those dealpass mmbership offers) I sometimes had to alter things to get them to accept my trial membership such as giving a different phone number. This could help too if you aren't able to get it to work by varying your cc #.

DealPass is pretty good at filtering out people who try to sign up for the same offer. I've managed to do it, but I had to use a different address (I used my mother's address), phone number (I used work instead of home), and credit card number (this is easy, of course). I was able to sign up under my name as long as I changed the three fields mentioned above.

--Jay