+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike is back!

Re: Mike is back!

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Your astounding lack of interest in learning anything about our world is somewhat depressing...are you representative of the next generation of leaders? When the fat bastard indignantly claims that he owns no stock he conveniently doesn't include his company which owns stock in Haliburton, among others. This is so easily researched that I fear you simply do not care. If I woke up every day thinking that my causes were being championed by moore, I would consider never getting out of bed. Good God.
    Okay, I'll tell you what. All rudeness aside, why don't I give you a chance to lay out exactly where you get this insane notion that Moore owns Halliburton stock. Because this would be like finding out Hitler was frequently found worshipping at a local synagogue.

Wait a second. You're twisting words. "His" company. What company does Michael Moore own?

Or are you refering to a company that he WORKS WITH. Because Moore often criticizes the people he works with, and then explains why he does so anyway. He's worked with some big names like Miramax and such, so finding dirt on his associates doesn't count as dirt on him. Often his associates fight to censor him, and it's hard to find anyone who'll get his work out.

I want to see exactly where this leads.

- Ronald
    Last edited by Ronald; 12-24-2005 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Okay, I'll tell you what. All rudeness aside, why don't I give you a chance to lay out exactly where you get this insane notion that Moore owns Halliburton stock. Because this would be like finding out Hitler was frequently found worshipping at a local synagogue.

Wait a second. You're twisting words. "His" company. What company does Michael Moore own?

Or are you refering to a company that he WORKS WITH. Because Moore often criticizes the people he works with, and then explains why he does so anyway. He's worked with some big names like Miramax and such, so finding dirt on his associates doesn't count as dirt on him. Often his associates fight to censor him, and it's hard to find anyone who'll get his work out.

I want to see exactly where this leads.

- Ronald

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michael Moore
    owns Halliburton!
    New book debunks claims of celebrity activists

Posted: November 1, 2005
    10:23 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Michael Moore

"I don't own a single share of stock!" filmmaker Michael Moore proudly proclaimed.

He's right. He doesn't own a single share. He owns tens of thousands of shares – including nearly 2,000 shares of Boeing, nearly 1,000 of Sonoco, more than 4,000 of Best Foods, more than 3,000 of Eli Lilly, more than 8,000 of Bank One and more than 2,000 of Halliburton, the company most vilified by Moore in "Fahrenheit 9/11."

If you want to see Moore's own signed Schedule D declaring his capital gains and losses where his stock ownership is listed, it's emblazoned on the cover of Peter Schweizer's new book, "Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy."

And it's just one of the startling revelations by Schweizer, famous for his previous works, "Reagan's War" and "The Bushes."

Other examples:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who proclaims her support for unions, yet the luxury resort, the vineyard and the restaurants she partly owns are strictly non-union. While she advocates tough new laws enforcing environmental regulations on the private sector, the exclusive country club she partly owns failed to comply with existing environmental regulations for the past eight years – including a failure to protect endangered species.

Noam Chomsky has made a reputation for calling America a police state and branding the Pentagon "the most hideous institution on earth," yet his entire academic career, writes Schweizer, has been subsidized by the U.S. military.

Barbra Streisand is another proponent of environmentalism, yet she drives an SUV, lives in a mansion and has a $22,000 annual water bill. In the past, she has driven to appointments in Beverly Hills in a motor home because of her aversion to using public bathrooms.

Ralph Nader plays the role of the citizen avenger – the populist uninterested in wealth and materialism, pretending to live in a modest apartment. In fact, he lives in fancy homes registered in the names of his siblings.
    This is not just a book of "gotcha" journalism, explains Schweizer. He says the dozens and dozens of examples of "liberal hypocrisy" he cites in his book "are of central importance in evaluating the validity and usefulness of liberal ideas."

"Using IRS records, court depositions, news reports, financial disclosures and their own statements, I sought to answer a particular question: Do these liberal leaders and activists practice what they preach?" he writes. "What I found was a stunning record of open and shameless hypocrisy. Those who champion the cause of organized labor had developed various methods to avoid paying union wages or shunned unions altogether.

"Those who believe that the rich need to pay more in taxes proved especially adept at avoiding taxes themselves. Critics of capitalism and corporate enterprise frequently invested in the very companies they denounced. Those who espouse strict environmental regulations worked vigorously to sidestep them when it came to their own businesses and properties. Those who advocate steep inheritance taxes to promote fairer income distribution hid their investments in trusts or exotic overseas locales to reduce their own tax liability. Those who are strong proponents of affirmative action rarely practiced it themselves, and some had abysmal records when it came to hiring minorities. Those who proclaim themselves champions of civil liberties when it comes to criminal or terrorist cases went to extraordinary lengths to curtail the civil liberties of others when they felt threatened or just inconvenienced. Advocates of gun control had no problem making sure that an arsenal of weapons was available to protect them from dangerous criminals."

Buy "Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy."

I already know that you will whine and complain about the source, so as a pre-emptive measure I suggest that you simply read the book and make up your own mind...these examples are referenced with all due diligence and the proofs are a matter of public record. When the fat bastard protests that "he" doesn't own it, it is because it is his corporate ownership, which he recieves the profits from and signs the tax return for, that he is hiding behind. There are many other unbelievably cold realities about your liberal heroes contained in this highly recommended read.

I already know that you will whine and complain about the source, so as a pre-emptive measure I suggest that you simply read the book and make up your own mind...these examples are referenced with all due diligence and the proofs are a matter of public record. When the fat bastard protests that "he" doesn't own it, it is because it is his corporate ownership, which he recieves the profits from and signs the tax return for, that he is hiding behind. There are many other unbelievably cold realities about your liberal heroes contained in this highly recommended read.
    Have you gone out and watched Farenheit 911 yet pwrone? If you watch the film, I'll read the book.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    Have you gone out and watched Farenheit 911 yet pwrone? If you watch the film, I'll read the book.
    I watched Farenheit 9/11 and I watched FarenHYPE 9/11 as well.

The later points out and documents the false representations made in the former. Again it is documented with Public records and personal interviews of the people portrayed in Farenheit 9/11 so you can decide after hearing their own words which is more credible.

For those who really beleive the rally cry form the left in Congress that the Rich are getting to much of a break, do you ever stop and ask yourselves why they focus on the INCOME tax when complaining? These people saying the rich are getting too much of a break on the income taxes are some of the wealthiest in the world and do not rely on INCOME as their source of wealth.

While the Right Wingers can be accused of only listening to the biased stories that support their claims, they tend to provide public record documentation for proof they are correct.

The Far Left really does a great job of claiming things, but a very poor job of documenting it with public records. Why is it that facts always seem to get in the way of their arguments? This is a serious question for those that seem to always believe the Far Lefts spin on things.

I have always said and will say again, I have no problem with the liberal thinking of the typical American provided that they can:

a) Support their beliefs with documented proof.
    b)Can argue their position without relying on talking points that have no basis.
    c) Understand the Hypocrisy of the Liberal Leaders and Outspoken Celebrities.
    d) Understand that the Right is not always wrong.
    e) Realize there is a HUGE difference between the Far Right/Far Left and the average American.

In short, I appreciate the discussions with liberals that can think for themselves. I also appreciate discussions with conservatives that can think for themselves.

Yes sometimes and possibly many times it will sound like they are simply repeating what they heard, that is why being able to document proof to back up the claims is so very important.

It is not liberals or conservatives that bother me.....it is fanatical extremists from either side that I have a problem with.

Michael Moore has a line by line factual backup on his website for Farenheit 911. In regards to my statement to pwrone, we've had this discussion before and while he freely discredited the film, he admitted he had never seen it.

I'd be interested in knowing you're reaction when you watched the film. No one can discredit the entire film and anyone who sees it has got to walk away with some questions in their mind about the motivations of the current administration.
    Last edited by bairdi; 12-25-2005 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE

For those who really beleive the rally cry form the left in Congress that the Rich are getting to much of a break, do you ever stop and ask yourselves why they focus on the INCOME tax when complaining? These people saying the rich are getting too much of a break on the income taxes are some of the wealthiest in the world and do not rely on INCOME as their source of wealth.
    Think about what you just said. If the rich have wealth coming in that doesn't qualify as INCOME, then I guess that would be considered pretty much a break wouldn't you agree?

INCOME-The amount of money or its equivalent received during a period of time in exchange for labor or services, from the sale of goods or property, or as profit from financial investments.

I watched about 30 minutes of it a year ago and couldn't go any further.

The thing about the movie is, most of it is not lies like people on my side of the fence like to say, but more of a collection of truths and actual events presented in a way to lead the viewer to a non truthful conclusion. He does this by taking things out of context, leaving certain things out, and asking questions in ways that the answers will lead to the conclusion he is looking for.

It is a movie that distorts the truth so severely, that it leads to a dishonest and incorrect conclusion. Call that what you like.

So....does the apparently irrefutable fact that he owns Haliburton and other defense stocks somehow fail to diminish him in your eyes? The lies in his propaganda film are also extremely well documented...I think only morons still regard it as a documentary. I promise I will watch the film as soon as I am able to look at that much greasy lying fat without becoming nauseous.

Pwrone....the movie is actually a good one to watch. It shows just haw far nuts like Moore will go to depict things as true that are not.

I promise I will watch the film as soon as I am able to look at that much greasy lying fat without becoming nauseous.
    LOL pwrone you just spoke more truth than you realize. I had the same feeling when I was watching the movie. "Greasy lying fat" just about sums up what the film was all about. However most of it occurs in front of the camera.

Michael Moore
    owns Halliburton!
    New book debunks claims of celebrity activists

Posted: November 1, 2005
    10:23 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Michael Moore

"I don't own a single share of stock!" filmmaker Michael Moore proudly proclaimed.

He's right. He doesn't own a single share. He owns tens of thousands of shares – including nearly 2,000 shares of Boeing, nearly 1,000 of Sonoco, more than 4,000 of Best Foods, more than 3,000 of Eli Lilly, more than 8,000 of Bank One and more than 2,000 of Halliburton, the company most vilified by Moore in "Fahrenheit 9/11." .
    So I checked out your source, which of course is reliable because you're a very credible guy (extreme sarcasm). Check out WorldNetDaily.com to see where pwrone gets his unbiased facts. The first words I saw in size 48 type were:

"Muslim grinches steal
    Bethlehem Christmas "

Hmm...

Not only did you not prove anything about Moore, but you also exposed where you get your "research". Thank you so much for your effort.

- Ronald

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    I watched about 30 minutes of it a year ago and couldn't go any further.

The thing about the movie is, most of it is not lies like people on my side of the fence like to say, but more of a collection of truths and actual events presented in a way to lead the viewer to a non truthful conclusion. He does this by taking things out of context, leaving certain things out, and asking questions in ways that the answers will lead to the conclusion he is looking for.

It is a movie that distorts the truth so severely, that it leads to a dishonest and incorrect conclusion. Call that what you like.

That had to be why - you never got passed the first 30 minutes. The footage of the Iraqi civilian casualties were in the middle of the film. I wish you did see it.

- Ronald