+ Reply to Thread

Did Rockefeller Leak this classified info?

Though many on the left won't care for the source, please consider the theory, it really makes you scratch your head.

Jay Rockefeller, and that famous letter that he released. A secret letter, a handwritten letter he wrote to himself, so troubled, he was, by this policy, he released a letter in which he complains about this NSA program, about which he had been briefed. He said that the letter, dated July 17th of '03, "had been sealed and secured in the offices of the Senate intelligence committee." So he goes to great lengths concealing his views because to voice them might reveal classified information. So he can't publicly release his views, so he hand writes the letter and puts it in a vault. In that letter he expresses frustration that he can't even consult with his staff or counsel, and he can't draw on independent legal or technical expertise. He complains that because of the severe restrictions, that he's on the intelligence committee, and he can't even talk to anybody about it, and Dianne Feinstein goes on television, says she hasn't discussed the matter with Rockefeller because she's not on the intelligence committee, and it's not right!

SNIP

Rockefeller writes the handwritten letter, puts it in a vault, then Feinstein goes out and says, "I wish I could have seen it. He can't tell me about it," they create the impression that this is deathly secret. Rockefeller is excellent at keeping secrets. Rockefeller doesn't leak anything, even to fellow Democrats, right? Well, if that's true, if he went to all these great lengths to keep this such secret, and even if a fellow senator, Di Fi, insists that she can't discuss it with him, then from where might the New York Times have reported the following little tidbit in its original story? Quote:

"According to those officials and others, reservations about aspects of the program have also been expressed by Senator John D. Rockefeller IV, the West Virginia Democrat who is the vice-chairman of the Senate intelligence committee..."

Wait a minute. If he can't tell anybody about this, if he can't even tell Di Fi, if he can't tell staff, if he can't tell Senate lawyers, then how in the name of God did the New York Times find out about his letter, hmm? I can't imagine this trail would be difficult for leak investigators to follow. Who knew that Rockefeller had reservations? He wasn't telling anybody. Uhhh, maybe he was. Maybe Rockefeller was the leaker? Something doesn't jibe her, folks...

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...e_3.guest.html

Whether the democrats want to admit it or not, the leaking of this information to the NY Times is a huge deal, that very well could have compromised national security and the war on terror.

Re: Did Rockefeller Leak this classified info?

Grim,

I really don't care for Rush because he grandstands way to much. The question is a valid one however.

Rush is good at trying to get people to form an opinion based on the part of the truth he wants to tell his audience, very much the way the lefties do things. Hypocritical in my opinion. But again, this is an interesting question that he poses.

Are there any articles or comments out there that ask similar questions? Anything at all? Or is this another hypothesis of Limbaugh's trying to stir things up?

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    Grim,

I really don't care for Rush because he grandstands way to much. The question is a valid one however.

Rush is good at trying to get people to form an opinion based on the part of the truth he wants to tell his audience, very much the way the lefties do things. Hypocritical in my opinion. But again, this is an interesting question that he poses.

Are there any articles or comments out there that ask similar questions? Anything at all? Or is this another hypothesis of Limbaugh's trying to stir things up?
    Well, it seems pretty cut and dry, thats why I posted it. The Times article did say that, and his feelings on this were supposed to be according to him, something he couldn't discuss.

Who knows.

Crockafeller had that staff memo that leaked too. Remember the one where he wanted to pull a "Rathergate" on Bush right before the election.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,102206,00.html

Rockafeller is a partisan hackster and kniver. If he did leak this new intel (legal btw: as set by precedent per: Carter/Reagan/Clinton), then he needs to be put on trial. It's his newest stunt to bashbush; unfortuneately, it's at the peril of a good tool we had in our arsenal to catch the bad guys.

Maybe all the libbies will shout out for the perpetrator of the outing of our surveillance procedures. Maybe? Wha___?

Welcome Back Raider.

Pwrone.....Yes it appears to be straight forward. Just hard for me even to take a lot of what Limbaugh says at face value.

I can see ol' Rockalib leaking it. Just wondered if it was a theory that got more then just Limbaugh play.