+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Never Lost Hope!

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Some of the worst people I have ever met are "born-again" Christians. Like convicts everywhere, they often "get religion" after wholly failing at everything else. It is a wonderful concept, coming to Jesus later in life, except that many of them like to believe that their beliefs are now more important or significant than anyone elses...that somehow because they have only recently found Christ, their relationship with Him is vastly more meaningful than yours. They often retain the destructive scumbaggery of their pre-reformation years, they simply try harder to hide it. When found out, as they always are, they will blame someone else and act as though they are exempt from such earthly concerns. Watch out for people who comment on the depth of the religious beliefs of others...not only can they not possibly know what is inside someone else, they are almost always projecting their own hatred or weakness on to that person, under the guise of 'educated religious concern'. It is a lie, like so much else in their lives.
    George W. Bush is a born-again Christian. He was a pot smoker, and an alcoholic. He was even caught drunk driving. He also has a history of being a frat boy.

- Ronald

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    George W. Bush is a born-again Christian. He was a pot smoker, and an alcoholic. He was even caught drunk driving. He also has a history of being a frat boy.

- Ronald
    Wow that sounds like Ted Kennedy! Well except Ted Kennedy Killed someone while driving drunk.

Ever wonder why you can simply replace the names of the people in question from one party with names of people in the other and it fits like a glove?

And you talk about morality as if it exists in politics!

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    Wow that sounds like Ted Kennedy! Well except Ted Kennedy Killed someone while driving drunk.

Ever wonder why you can simply replace the names of the people in question from one party with names of people in the other and it fits like a glove?

And you talk about morality as if it exists in politics!
    I only brought it up in response to pwrone's comments on born-again Christians. Read them.

- Ronald

I only brought it up in response to pwrone's comments on born-again Christians. Read them.

- Ronald
    I read them Ronald, and I know you where referring to them. I was simply adding a Democrat to the list because all you really have to do is replace the names.

While pwrone came off rather harsh, his comments about Christians (if you insert the word SOME before Christians) who recently "found Christ" are accurate. They do tend to have a "I am better then you" attitude for at least a few years after "finding religion". Not all of them mind you, but enough that it appears that it is all of them.

Okay, here's my view - I like Christianity. I admire and love Christians. But, truth be told, I am not very obedient. I consider myself closer to non believers than the true believers because I do not surrender completely, I don't give what I know I can give. Christianity is not meant to be used as a chess piece in an argument. It's like the "who loves the troops more" contest which I think is just transparent and meaningless by the people who start them, although well meaning people do join in.

But I always maintain that real Christians are better than us. I know this because I've met some of the rare few. They're something else. You have to see it to believe it, to understand it. But there are many part-timers that disillusion many. Go past the surface. Go deep and you'll find them, and if you're honest, they will humble you.

As for the Democrats, you want to hear a lousy Christian? Bill Clinton! I'm not defending the Dems. So often when these accusations are brought against them from the right-wing, I agree. Just show me the part where Democrats get 30 000 civilians killed, then you might have something I'll care to consider.

- Ronald

Ronald,

Ever wonder how many civilians where killed in Kosovo? In the 78 day war, 2500 civilians lost their lives. That would equate to over 35,000 for the same time frame as the US has been in Iraq. And Kosovo was only one city in Yugoslavia while the war was through out the country. A very good friend of mine who worked with me at the time was from Kosovo. It was a very hard time for her.

Here is something that sounds rather familiar:

"The United States launched a war against a European nation largely at Clinton’s behest. Clinton’s war against Serbia epitomized his moralism, his arrogance, his refusal to respect law, and his fixation on proving his virtue by using deadly force, regardless of how many innocent people died in the process."

I am glad you made the comment you did about Clinton before I posted this. Seriously. But Clinton is definitely a Democrat ;)

My harsh bias...? Simply stating known facts and voicing opinions has GOT to be better than your utterly pointless and nonsensical drivel. By the way, you may wish to note which political party is in favor of Jesus, and which does everything humanly possible to legislate him out of the public eye. This is perhaps the most humorous of all of the contradictions in your belief system, though by no means is it the only one that is truly bust-a-gut funny.
    OK.......would you explain to us ignorants how anyone can "LEGISLATE" the REAL life of jesus as PRACTICED out of existance!?or are you reeferrin to the PUBLIC DISPLAY OF THE WORDS as "gettin by".Or HYPE as it is advertizingly known!?and while i'm on the subject........is god a wimp!?does he need anyones help to carry out his will!?is he a respector of persons!?and is god behind the left!?are they useful to him!?if so what is their purpose!?hehe!!see you in paradise!?can you tell me how to get there!?hehe!!

Okay, here's my view - I like Christianity. I admire and love Christians. But, truth be told, I am not very obedient. I consider myself closer to non believers than the true believers because I do not surrender completely, I don't give what I know I can give. Christianity is not meant to be used as a chess piece in an argument. It's like the "who loves the troops more" contest which I think is just transparent and meaningless by the people who start them, although well meaning people do join in.

But I always maintain that real Christians are better than us. I know this because I've met some of the rare few. They're something else. You have to see it to believe it, to understand it. But there are many part-timers that disillusion many. Go past the surface. Go deep and you'll find them, and if you're honest, they will humble you.

As for the Democrats, you want to hear a lousy Christian? Bill Clinton! I'm not defending the Dems. So often when these accusations are brought against them from the right-wing, I agree. Just show me the part where Democrats get 30 000 civilians killed, then you might have something I'll care to consider.

- Ronald

Are "real Christians" better than us? Sure. In fact, those who closely follow the teachings of any of the major religions are probably "better" than most of us, if by "better" we mean more gentle, more understanding, kinder, etc. But even those of us who do not consciously base our decision-making on the teachings of a religion can still live a life of respect for other people. Just being exposed to ANY religion provides guidelines for a quality life--a life that does not take advantage of or seek to injure or diminish the lives of others. All religions teach respect for elders, respect for family, respect for life. They encourage the traditional family unit and list, point-by-point, those acts against others that must be avoided, that are sins. ANY exposure to any religious teaching will have an inevitable positive affect on the lives of children, and I think that those who come to it later in life can also reach a 'higher' plane in their treatment of others.

Incidentally, all of the people who know our President personally have NO doubt as to the authenticity, the genuine nature of his faith.

Are "real Christians" better than us? Sure. In fact, those who closely follow the teachings of any of the major religions are probably "better" than most of us, if by "better" we mean more gentle, more understanding, kinder, etc. But even those of us who do not consciously base our decision-making on the teachings of a religion can still live a life of respect for other people. Just being exposed to ANY religion provides guidelines for a quality life--a life that does not take advantage of or seek to injure or diminish the lives of others. All religions teach respect for elders, respect for family, respect for life. They encourage the traditional family unit and list, point-by-point, those acts against others that must be avoided, that are sins. ANY exposure to any religious teaching will have an inevitable positive affect on the lives of children, and I think that those who come to it later in life can also reach a 'higher' plane in their treatment of others.

Incidentally, all of the people who know our President personally have NO doubt as to the authenticity, the genuine nature of his faith.

this is TOTAL BULLCRAP!!all of the people who KNOW our president!?what the H E L L does that mean!?like anyone actually KNOWS!!only god!!hehe!!but as to the will of god.is he a follower!?WHO KNOWS!!only god.but as to scripture and the teachings of the christ...........well........i have a BONE TO PICK!!.DONT YOU!?just askin!?you da man!?DICTATE as USUAL!!......wait!!is that terrorism!is that what saddam is guilty of!?NAWWWWWWWW!!just kiddin!carry on patriot!!we are all BEHIND YOU!!(lead us into battle!!)hehe!!