+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: neways international

For the record Miss Piggy I am not saying Neways is a Scam perce. I am pointing out that Neways have done some pretty scammy things over the years which have seriously damaged their reputation in the International Market Place.

It is not easy to reclaim lost ground however, for the sake of the Industry I hope the New Leadership will learn from the past mistakes and make whatever changes are necessary.

I would not put Neways in the same category as companies such as Amway who blatently allow the wholesale scamming of distributors particularly through the sale of books, Audio's and Seminars etc, etc.

No indeed, the Neways fundamental mission is a good and worthwhile one and whilst it is a pity that the Mowers did some stupid things the original mission is still worthwhile pursuing and like I said, that is now up to the current leadership so let's hope they stick to the fundamentals upon which the company was built.

RE: Neways -

Go to www.mlm-thetruth.com
    An evaluation of Newaysis posted on the "Evaluations" page, based on the "5 Red Flags" of a recruiting MLM, or product-based pyramid scheme. Read also the research that serves as the basis for the 200 or so evaluations.

JMT

lol, taylor, your thinly vieled papers make me laugh. I've read your thesis, and you;ve done about as good a job at backing up your work as a grammar school student. You claim to be one of those successful MLM'ers that see the truth, then in the same paper go on to say how you were unsucessful at MLM. You talk about how it seems that people in affluent areas do better than MLM than people in poorer areas, of course you idiot. People or more affluent areas make more money in general than people in poorer areas. Then you go on to show the 5 red flags of MLM. Is there compensation for recruiting people, YES, holy crap, you mean you actually get compensated for brining somebody into the business training them and helping them make sales. Wow, that's an amazing concept. I had to laugh when i read your work. If that was the thesis work of a PHD, then the CEO of 1800 Dentist was right when he said to me:

The Degrees you get from College:
    BS = Bull Sh*t Degree
    MS = More Sh*t Degree
    PHD = Piled, High and Deep Degree

Usually I when I meet a PHD i am impressed by the fact they had the tenacity to go through that many years of highly focused education. When I read you're work, I think to myself...That's what happens to the bottom of the class...

Quote Originally Posted by krypt
    I am in neways International and I don't see anything unethical or wrong with them. To me they are fully legit and real. I have been ordering their products (their shampoo, toothpaste, bodywash, etc.) for about 5 months now and they seem to work great. I haven't promoted it or anything yet, as I don't have the funds right now. But I have no doubt they are a real company in wich you can create a fortune with.
    Are you still Neways? If yes tell me your evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    Until I saw that they had all chemical names on their bottles and especially what stood out to me was their use of sorbitol and sucralose in their toothpaste. I believe that they also use xylitol as well. For myself, I chose to continue to search for products that are chemical free. I truly believe that ALL chemicals we see being used in our products need to be avoided. Most of them are derived from petroleum anyway.

Right now, the chemicals that Neways utilizes are classified as "safe". But since they are indeed still "chemicals", I bet we will see in the future that new research will find them to be unsafe.

Another thing I believe is that most of the chemicals that are supposedly safe today, are only safe due to the lack of research to approve them. Right now, they are not testing chemicals for safety for a long enough time period. In the mainstream, most chemicals are not even tested for safety. These things cannot be assumed or rushed to be approved for human use. We are paying the penalty of these assumptions with our very lives today.

Cancer has skyrocketed in the last 50 years due to the increase in use of petrochemicals. A lot of these health and wellness companies are still using chemicals which should not be touched. At least Neways is making changes. But until they get rid of all chemicals, they will not have my approval.

We need to get back to the most natural as possible. Give chemicals the boot. Since companies will never change, we need to find the companies that stand for truth and use truly natural ingredients that one can know for certain, will not cause any harm.
    I read with interest the posts on Neways.

Having been a Neways distributor in the UK, I felt that I had been conned by the hype about so-called "safe" chemicals used in their products. Granted, they had taken most of the known carcinogens out of their products, however, many questionable ingredients remained including parabens.

You certainly can't believe the hype that surrounds many of the network operations. Often because of the way the owners/directors present the business as a money making get rich quick opportunity, which in turn disseminates down through the network, an under current of get rich fast mentality pervades the operation. You know the old greed thing! Its the greed thing and fear of loss that drives pyramid and ponzi schemes so fast before they collapse.

Neways certainly seemed to live up to the reputation that many network organisations quite justifiably deserve. Strong on hype and downright lies with little of substance to back it all up.

Being an MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity) sufferer I found it very hard to swallow the lies I had been told about the "safe" products. I think the cruncher for me was when the Neways "safe" Sunscreen gave me heart arrhythmia within 30 seconds of applying it and put me in bed for a complete day before I recovered.

Thanks, but no thanks, if this is what "safe non toxic" chemicals do to my body.

Consequently I resigned from the company and gave up a reasonable income, to pursue something far more ethical and sustainable.

I found a business based on 100% synthetic chemical free completely natural products. In fact the network company I found was a fledgling but they were producing products that are Certified to Organic FOOD GRADE standards and they actually have the USDA Organic FOOD GRADE certification along with the Australian Certified Organic certification.

I notice quite a few contributors to this board believe all MLMs are scams. Well how does an MLM backed by Australian government grant money to develop on-going totally chemical free Certified Organic products sound? I guess the Aussie Govt wouldn't be backing a pyramid scheme would they? Of course not! There are lots of legitimate and legal MLM companies out there but you never hear of government funding for them do you?

It's just that this one is more than legit! Its unique and backed by Qld Govt funding! One of a kind in the world! They have the USDA and the ACO certification to prove that all their certified products are in fact 100% FREE of all synthetic chemicals. I can show you the Organic Certification if anyone disbelieves this post :)
    I can also point you to the link that proves they have government grant money paid to them.

So let's get some positive feedback for a legitimate and genuine network marketing company for a change.

Hey this is interesting. Just thought you may like to know this as it was research about Neways that led me to this page. The former CEO of Neways (back in the early/mid 90s when Neways were travelling pretty well) is one of the prime movers with this business. Turnover has trebled each year for the past three years and we are just entering the real growth phase now that the company is 3 years old. Debt free? Completely!

You want to be CHEMICAL FREE? Then look for the USDA Organic logo and the ACO logo on any products you buy. If products don't display these logos then they probably contain chemicals despite the fact they may call them organic.

You want to join perhaps the most ethical MLM on the planet then this is the one to be a Rep for. The organic market is absolutely huge and growing at an average rate of 22% per year in all the developed countries. In fact, in the UK, the organic market grew by 40% last year.

Talk about being at the right place at the right time.

Take a look at hallgold.net if you want to know more or contact me
    Last edited by hallgold; 04-25-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hallgold
    I notice quite a few contributors to this board believe all MLMs are scams. Well how does an MLM backed by Australian government grant money to develop on-going totally chemical free Certified Organic products sound? I guess the Aussie Govt wouldn't be backing a pyramid scheme would they? Of course not! There are lots of legitimate and legal MLM companies out there but you never hear of government funding for them do you?
    Speaking for myself, I NEVER said even ONE MLM was a "scam". Rather, I've said they are all part of an antiquated distribution system based in the 40s and 50s that is simply irrelevant and unnecessary here in the year 2006. They are NOT scams. They are just bad business...whether the Australian government supports them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    Speaking for myself, I NEVER said even ONE MLM was a "scam". Rather, I've said they are all part of an antiquated distribution system based in the 40s and 50s that is simply irrelevant and unnecessary here in the year 2006. They are NOT scams. They are just bad business...whether the Australian government supports them or not.
    Would be interested to know why network marketing is bad business? Is network marketing bad because it is ethical? Or is it bad because hardworking individuals can, and do, go on to make decent incomes from it? Or is it bad because you simply misunderstand it?

Also why do you think it network marketing is antiquated? Conventional business, that is, buying at wholesale and selling at retail, has been around for the last 10,000 years. To say a system that came into existence a mere 50 years ago is antiquated, borders on narrow mindedness, if the overall picture of business is looked at.

If a product is available on retail shop shelves at $10 and the shop owner pockets $5 of the value of that product when he sells it, would you call that bad business? I don't thinks so.

What about if that same $10 product was available to a customer who buys online and they qualify for a 10% discount by buying direct from the manufacturer as opposed to buying from the shop? Would that be classed as bad business? Of course not. The customer wins, the company has sold a product and rewarded the customer for buying direct by giving them a discount.

What if that customer was referred by a network marketing Rep to buy the product direct from the company? The customer gets 10% discount and the Rep earns 20% of the retail order. Is that bad business? Of course not. How could it be bad business? The customer still wins and so does the Rep! The Rep referred the customer to the company and is rewarded for the referral. This is standard business practice in all areas of business, not just network marketing.

Now what if the Rep refers other Reps who want to use the products and buy at discount rates and introduce customers? Well instead of the retailer pocketing the full 100% profit from the sale as happens in a conventional business, the network company will distribute the remaining profit, after any discounts are given to customers, back to those reps who have done the work of introducing other Reps to the business opportunity. How can that be bad business when the product is exactly the same price as what you pay in the shop and the Reps are making money?

The big difference is of course, that via network marketing, individuals who do not have the resources to own a shop can actually profit and earn decent money from this "antiquated distribution system" by eliminating entirely, the middleman that suck their own profits out before the product reaches the customer on the shop shelves.

In this day and age of instant communication, ordering online and delivery of products virtually anywhere in the world within days of ordering, it amazes me that someone could call such an efficient streamlined operation as this, as being antiquated.

So anyone who has read this far and wants to buy 100%-Synthetic-Chemical-FREE products Certified Organic to FOOD GRADE standards by USDA Organic and the highly respected Australian Certified Organic organisation (ACO) and the Biological Farmers of Australia (BFA), are more than welcome to purchase online and direct from the Certified Organic manufacturers of these products by visiting the company site. hallgold.com/ep.htm Shipping worldwide is free if the order is over $100. Antiquated? I doubt it!!!!

Anyone reading this post that has any idea of the business potential, would realise the vast worldwide market for these unique chemical free products. Awareness of synthetic chemicals in the diet, in the workplace, in the air and in the products we are exhorted to slather on our skins in the name of skin "care" by the marketing hype, is growing daily and will continue to grow unabated for the forseeable future.

We're at the start of a major groundswell of public opinion, a paradign shift in how people think about chemicals and also about how they think about business in general. The Internet has seen to that.

If you want to be part of the most ethical industry on the planet and to spread the anti-chemical message then you need to part of the organic movement with this company. What better and more ethical way could anyone find to spread the word than through a genuine and totally ethical network marketing operation dedicated to making this planet a better place to live for our children.

We're very happy to promote this unique opportunity to prospective Reps. No matter what your belief is or has been about network marketing in general in the past, you should enlighten yourself by visiting hallgold.com
    Last edited by hallgold; 05-03-2006 at 05:02 PM.

Would be interested to know why network marketing is bad business? Is network marketing bad because it is ethical? Or is it bad because hardworking individuals can, and do, go on to make decent incomes from it? Or is it bad because you simply misunderstand it?
    1) Bad because it is generally UNethical. 2) Most "hardworking individuals will NOT make decent incomes from it. 3) I understand it completely.
    Also why do you think it network marketing is antiquated? Conventional business, that is, buying at wholesale and selling at retail, has been around for the last 10,000 years. To say a system that came into existence a mere 50 years ago is antiquated, borders on narrow mindedness, if the overall picture of business is looked at.
    You see, there this new thing called "the internet". Maybe you've heard of it? It allows companies to cheaply and easily advertise and get their products directly to indivduals without having tons of salespeople (i.e., reps) and staff involved. I'm told it can actually save companies lots of money.
    If a product is available on retail shop shelves at $10 and the shop owner pockets $5 of the value of that product when he sells it, would you call that bad business? I don't thinks so.
    See last point. Same answer.
    What about if that same $10 product was available to a customer who buys online and they qualify for a 10% discount by buying direct from the manufacturer as opposed to buying from the shop? Would that be classed as bad business? Of course not. The customer wins, the company has sold a product and rewarded the customer for buying direct by giving them a discount.
    See the last point again. Why, oh why, would "reps" be needed in that scenario? Answer: they wouldn't. Just "getting the word out" is NOT enough to justify their existance.
    What if that customer was referred by a network marketing Rep to buy the product direct from the company? The customer gets 10% discount and the Rep earns 20% of the retail order. Is that bad business? Of course not. How could it be bad business? The customer still wins and so does the Rep! The Rep referred the customer to the company and is rewarded for the referral. This is standard business practice in all areas of business, not just network marketing.
    The constant cash outlay of commissions doesn't make sense, when cheap, easy advertising means can acquire the same customers -- and keep them if the product is all it's cracked up to be -- with a one-time expense. The economics of your plan just don't make sense.
    Now what if the Rep refers other Reps who want to use the products and buy at discount rates and introduce customers? Well instead of the retailer pocketing the full 100% profit from the sale as happens in a conventional business, the network company will distribute the remaining profit, after any discounts are given to customers, back to those reps who have done the work of introducing other Reps to the business opportunity. How can that be bad business when the product is exactly the same price as what you pay in the shop and the Reps are making money?
    But the product is generally NOT the same price as what you pay in shops, now is it? I can get vitamins, for example, at CVS for about 1/4 of what you'd pay the average MLM company (I know: yours are "better" like everyone else's). You people just LOVE to scream and yell about all the "savings" you get by eliminating the middle man, yet it's rare that I've even seen something priced less via MLM. Why is that? Because the companies need to constantly be paying commissions out. Again, no sense.
    The big difference is of course, that via network marketing, individuals who do not have the resources to own a shop can actually profit and earn decent money from this "antiquated distribution system" by eliminating entirely, the middleman that suck their own profits out before the product reaches the customer on the shop shelves.
    But we're not comparing MLM to shops. We're comparing MLM to internet distribution, which is inexpensive and involves no shop owners.
    In this day and age of instant communication, ordering online and delivery of products virtually anywhere in the world within days of ordering, it amazes me that someone could call such an efficient streamlined operation as this, as being antiquated.
    Well, that's because you are obviously biased. You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. Everything I've stated here makes perfect sense, whether you agree with it or not.
    So anyone who has read this far and wants to buy 100%-Synthetic-Chemical-FREE products Certified Organic to FOOD GRADE standards by USDA Organic and the highly respected Australian Certified Organic organisation (ACO) and the Biological Farmers of Australia (BFA), are more than welcome to purchase online and direct from the Certified Organic manufacturers of these products by visiting the company site. hallgold.com/ep.htm Shipping worldwide is free if the order is over $100. Antiquated? I doubt it!!!!
    Doubt away. You are simply wrong. But again, I would not bad-mouth a product I know nothing about, and am not picking on your company per se. My complaint is entirely with the method of distribution.
    Anyone reading this post that has any idea of the business potential, would realise the vast worldwide market for these unique chemical free products. Awareness of synthetic chemicals in the diet, in the workplace, in the air and in the products we are exhorted to slather on our skins in the name of skin "care" by the marketing hype, is growing daily and will continue to grow unabated for the forseeable future.
    Again, I say to you that if these products are truly that wonderful, they would be offered via much more efficient means of distribution. Period.
    We're at the start of a major groundswell of public opinion, a paradign shift in how people think about chemicals and also about how they think about business in general. The Internet has seen to that.
    And if that's true, the internet will see to a means of getting it to the public WITHOUT an MLM compensation plan attached to it. That would be superfluous.
    If you want to be part of the most ethical industry on the planet and to spread the anti-chemical message then you need to part of the organic movement with this company. What better and more ethical way could anyone find to spread the word than through a genuine and totally ethical network marketing operation dedicated to making this planet a better place to live for our children.
    Interesting marriage. The anti-chemical industry -- clearly a great thing -- combined with one of the most UNethical industries I've ever seen. Nice mix.
    We're very happy to promote this unique opportunity to prospective Reps. No matter what your belief is or has been about network marketing in general in the past, you should enlighten yourself by visiting hallgold.com
    No argument with the products. Just the means of distribution.

Miss Piggy since you are a part of the Neways family you are probably aware of the lack of old friends and family that don't talk to you any more.
    I have family who are deeply involved in Neways. The first people they target are family, so essentially they are trying to scam money out of me. They even go to the extent of MAKING my grandmother pay for health products, she is 98, plays sport lives by herself and is fully functional. She got to her age without Neways, and I think it is a bit rich making your mum pay anyway. Then theres all their old friends who they tried to sell to, they did not want Neways and as a result are now snubbed.
    My Uncle rang up after we announced my wife was having a baby, not to congratulate us but to ask if we wanted to go to a meeting in our local area. No mention of congratulations and when I asked if he had heard he said "Oh yes thats right,.........Neways have a great range of products for pregnant women and babies, you should really come along to the meeting!!!!!!"
    After that he does not ring anymore, nor does anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by piglet
    the toothpaste we but is your basic colgate or crest stuff. just whatever we grab.

just so everyone knows I am not saying neways is perfect, NO company is. I just found it completly annoying that jersylamb believes it is a scam becuase it has or has had lawsuits against them. Alot of companies or the owners have had lawsuits against them at one point or another that doesn't make them a scam.

First of it is piglet not miss piggy they are two different characters. (nothing big just thought I would point that out.)
    I still have contact with my friends and family that I had before my husband started working for Neways...He doesn't sell any products. He works for the company (you know an hourly wage, a paycheck every two weeks.) that sort of thing.
    If you don't want to buy any of the products don't. Nobody puts a gun to anyones head to force them to buy a product.
    If they do that has nothing to do with whatever company, that person just needs help. :)
    I personally won't sell neways or for any other MLM simply because I am not a sales person.
    However I do use alot of the products and I like them, except of course the toothpaste.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandedSteer
    Miss Piggy since you are a part of the Neways family you are probably aware of the lack of old friends and family that don't talk to you any more.
    I have family who are deeply involved in Neways. The first people they target are family, so essentially they are trying to scam money out of me. They even go to the extent of MAKING my grandmother pay for health products, she is 98, plays sport lives by herself and is fully functional. She got to her age without Neways, and I think it is a bit rich making your mum pay anyway. Then theres all their old friends who they tried to sell to, they did not want Neways and as a result are now snubbed.
    My Uncle rang up after we announced my wife was having a baby, not to congratulate us but to ask if we wanted to go to a meeting in our local area. No mention of congratulations and when I asked if he had heard he said "Oh yes thats right,.........Neways have a great range of products for pregnant women and babies, you should really come along to the meeting!!!!!!"
    After that he does not ring anymore, nor does anyone else.

UPDATE -TOM & DEE MOWER & LAWYER OFF TO PRISON!

UPDATE. Well, it has happened at last. Tom and Dee Mower and their lawyer James Thompson are off to prison on the 13th of November for 33-months.
    Tom and Dee were also fined heavily and ordered to pay back taxes.

Conspiracy nuts will appreciate the significance of 13 and 33 in relation to the sentence!

Or is it bad because it adds layer upon layer with no added value?

Or, is it bad, because it syphons money from those at the bottom to those at the top without actually delivering on its promise to those at the bottom?

Or is it bad because 99% of people who buy into it lose money?

Or is it bad because of all three?

well no. I would not say it is "antiquated" as a mode of doing "business" because it is not a way of doing business. It is a way of trying to exploit process under the guise of doing business.

Nope, sure wouldn't.

However I would call it bad business if, in order to buy the product I had to pay an enrollment fee, agree to buy a certain volume of like products per month, had to sign up friends and family to join in the same "opportunity", I would call it bad business if I also had to attend meetings, pay for web sites, enroll in lead buying and pay for promoting.

I am not sue that walmart would make much money if they did 'business" this way.

I just like the idea of picking up, taking it to the checkout counter and paying for it and walking out.

Its not a question of "rewarding" its a question of logistics. It is cheaper for the company if it does not have to move a product through the distirbution system therefore it can offer something cheaper if it does not have to hold it at its retail points. It is transferring the cost of delivery to the customer (usually called shipping and handling to those who run real businesses) while selling the product cheaper.

No its not - where did you get that strange idea from? You appear to have absolutely no idea how real wholesale and retail business function. Price, for example, is not a case of "well it costs us $4 to make it and we sell it for $10" - it is a complex function of initial cost, overhead (which includes warehousing, transport salaries etc) and how fast the product is expected to move. In companies like Walmart the ability to predict volumes and supply chain is a key to their success. I suggest you study it.

Nowhere does it have "reps" who refer business to it.

You ignore a couple of salient points

1) In order to pay a rep a percentage of the sales price - that percentage must be over and above the price to the original entity.

2) Paying the percentage of the price to the rep must not increase the price to the end consumer to a point where they are unwilling to pay it.

ah the power of magical thinking! How sweet and cute. And drivel.

Let's see - lets take a real company like Walmart. It buys products from manufacturers. It takes delivery of them and it takes the cost of buying them along with the cost of distributing them and then the cost of selling them at its markets and sets a price. So far, so good.

Now if they decide to add another layer of distribution - it has to be paid for or they reduce their profit. One of the two.

Now take a network "business" and its "reps" if they just work as a commissioned salesman (while of course being told they are 'business owners' lol) then they are part of the promotion cost of selling the product. They are not part of the distribution system. The price of paying them has to be included in the price the consumer pays for the product.

At this point it is simple - the rep is being paid directly for his work.

Now - you add another "salesman" under the first. The price the consumer pays is still the same but now there are two salesmen who need to be paid. The "compensation plans" of all MLMs try to obfuscate this very simple fact. The difference between the price paid at the start of this chain and the price paid at the end of it is the "profit" and it has to pay for everything in between. If you increase the "in between" then the share of the profits goes down.

The only way to evaluate the effectiveness would be to figure out how many reps there are and how many customers there are. It should be fairly easy from that to figure out how much of an "income" any avrage rep should be making.

Why don't you post those figures?? It is not a theoretical exercise, if this is a "business" then the figures should be easy to obtain,

roflmao!! Eliminating the middle men???? You are promoting a system which increases, exponentially, the number of middle men!!!!! Are you really so dumb that you don't see that?

As for a living - how about some numbers? You, presumably, are in a MLM so why not refer us to the documentation showing the average earnings of the reps in your line?

Holy owned and operated. You call adding endless layers of sales people "streamlined?

I guess you must think that a housebrick is aerodynamically shaped.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I would suggest that instead of regurgitating the same pap you were fed at some meeting that you actually learn.
    Last edited by Duck98; 10-03-2006 at 09:29 PM.

A close family member has been using and selling Neways for at least 13 years. She has been using all the soaps etc. When I've stayed at her house, the fresh towels she has given me stink, so the soap powder is completely ineffective. She has also been consuming the vitamin and herbal preparations saying that they prevent cancer and guess what, she has breast cancer. So there you have it.

My wife is now buying Neways products b/c of the chemical free claims and all the other great claims. I am skeptical. The past behavior by the executives should make one skeptical both w/the IRS and the FDA illegal ingredients. This does not prove that the products are based on pseudo-science or not. The posts above are all illuminating, but I think what is necessary is less-sales' pizazz & lone stories of recovering cancer patients and MORE rigorous findings using methods that can help make us all much more honest -- from the lady whose husband works for the company to the people calling it a scam. I think it is right to be suspicious. What we need to demand is honesty and rigorous government-sanctioned testing on specific products. When PhD's write nice books about the products but are also getting paid by the company, we lose 'honesty' (or move to thinking based on 'hope-that-they-really-care-in-a-way-detached-from-the money-they-receive'. I'm looking for more critical discussions in this forum about the specific products as sold in 2007. Would look forward to any feedback here on products such as Neways best sellers like 'MAXIMOL SOLUTIONS' or 'SECOND CHANCE SHAMPOO' or on any their extracts in pills, etc. as she is recommending them to family and friends against my caution. (She buys them on her account for no-profit fortunately --or unfortunately?)