+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

neways international

does any know if neways international is a legite business.

Re: neways international

Not any different than many other MLM companies you may look at. Depends what attracts you to it. The message of informing people of the cancer causing ingredients to avoid, or another way to market a product and make money doing so ? If both, then look into it. Personally, I think all chemicals should be avoided if we are to stay healthy. My opinion though.

I joined Neways this year but never promoted them due to some "questionable" ingredients that I couldn't lower myself to promoting, no matter how much money a person could offer me.

The owners have been convicted for everything from fraud and tax evasion to promoting highly dangerous products. They are also being sued by their top distributor (Ray Spotts) who claims to have been unfairly terminated.

Do a search on HGH (Human Growth Hormone) at www.worldwidescam.com

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,600119681,00.html (re: court case)

The Pay Plan is not what it appears to be. I know a Diamond who is in over $100,000 of debt! He is now promoting mainstream products to make ends meet.

What does all this tell you?

krypt Guest

I am in neways International and I don't see anything unethical or wrong with them. To me they are fully legit and real. I have been ordering their products (their shampoo, toothpaste, bodywash, etc.) for about 5 months now and they seem to work great. I haven't promoted it or anything yet, as I don't have the funds right now. But I have no doubt they are a real company in wich you can create a fortune with.

You are naive! Please, for your own sake, do some homework before you comment!!

Quote Originally Posted by krypt
    I am in neways International and I don't see anything unethical or wrong with them. To me they are fully legit and real. I have been ordering their products (their shampoo, toothpaste, bodywash, etc.) for about 5 months now and they seem to work great. I haven't promoted it or anything yet, as I don't have the funds right now. But I have no doubt they are a real company in wich you can create a fortune with.
    Until I saw that they had all chemical names on their bottles and especially what stood out to me was their use of sorbitol and sucralose in their toothpaste. I believe that they also use xylitol as well. For myself, I chose to continue to search for products that are chemical free. I truly believe that ALL chemicals we see being used in our products need to be avoided. Most of them are derived from petroleum anyway.

Right now, the chemicals that Neways utilizes are classified as "safe". But since they are indeed still "chemicals", I bet we will see in the future that new research will find them to be unsafe.

Another thing I believe is that most of the chemicals that are supposedly safe today, are only safe due to the lack of research to approve them. Right now, they are not testing chemicals for safety for a long enough time period. In the mainstream, most chemicals are not even tested for safety. These things cannot be assumed or rushed to be approved for human use. We are paying the penalty of these assumptions with our very lives today.

Cancer has skyrocketed in the last 50 years due to the increase in use of petrochemicals. A lot of these health and wellness companies are still using chemicals which should not be touched. At least Neways is making changes. But until they get rid of all chemicals, they will not have my approval.

We need to get back to the most natural as possible. Give chemicals the boot. Since companies will never change, we need to find the companies that stand for truth and use truly natural ingredients that one can know for certain, will not cause any harm.
    Last edited by Rawb; 12-31-2005 at 11:42 PM.

it is a legitamate company that has been around for 14 years.

Re: NEWAYS & THEIR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY!!!

Legitimate Company. Then why have they been taken to court by the Government on not one but several occasions for everything from distributing illegal products to tax evasion and fraud?

Your idea of legitimate is either naive or twisted!

Please read the folowing and then check the archives of www.worldwidescam.com and www.mlmwatchdog.com for further study.

In the Multitude of Councellors there is WISDOM!!

Neways Review

Neways, incorporated in 1992, is a multi-level network marketing company. Neways has its corporate headquarters in Springville, Utah, and was founded by Tom and Dee Mower. Since April 2002, Neways is headed by CEO, Michael Cunningham. Neways� product line includes health & wellness products, personal care products, and household products.
    Neways being a network marketing company that distributes its products through a network of independent distributors, its products are not available in retail stores. In order to become a Neways distributor, you will need to be assigned to a sponsoring organization. Your upline distributor will assist you with the sales support and training you need to get started with your Neways business. Sadly, there is no online sign-up facility for prospective distributors � how archaic, more so when the web technology is growing in leaps and bounds.
    As a Neways International distributor, you can make money through two primary avenues. One is through Direct Selling, that is, you purchase at wholesale, and make profit by selling at retail. You are also entitled to a percentage of the product volume purchased throughout your organization, or downline. Neways offers a hybrid compensation plan, which provides two sources of commissions for distributors, namely Multiplex Profit Center and Affinity Profit Center. The Multiplex Profit Center pays out commissions quickly, as soon as you have recruited your first distributor who purchases products. Affinity will provide income once you've built up your organization.
    Neways pledges to manufacture and distribute safe, effective and innovative products that address common health concerns. Conversely, Neways has been at the center of a multitude of legal accusations. In October 2003, Neways International pleaded guilty to illegally distributing a product containing human growth hormone (HGH). Since, HGH is a prescription drug; its sale for human consumption is illegal without a doctor�s prescription. Neways boasted of its HGH product, named BioGevity, that it had a rejuvenating effect along with many other benefits � most of which were unsubstantiated claims. In January 2004, Neways International had to dole out scads of money, in way of a criminal fine and forfeiture of the profit made on HGH-laden BioGevity sale.
    Neways has been known to sell prescription drugs in the guise of dietary supplements. In 1993, the label on a Neways� weight management product, named �Quickly�, stated that it contained only papaya, kelp, garlic, and lactose. However, the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) found that it contained a full medical dose of furosemide, a prescription-only diuretic.
    You talk of legal charges, forgery, tax evasions, and Neways has topped on all counts. In 2002, Neways founders and owners Thomas and Leslie DeeAnn Mower surrendered executive control of the company after being charged with tax evasion and conspiracy for allegedly failing to report $3 million in commissions on overseas sales of cosmetics and health supplements. Most recently, in March 2005, a jury found the Mowers guilty of income tax evasion.
    My recommendation is: After conducting a profound research of Neways and its products, I would surely NOT recommend it. The company has been in the midst of one too many legal charges. Who knows if a Neways distributor is convicted some day of selling a Neways� product containing some proscribed ingredient?

Verticalincrease.com Score out of 5 possible points for
    Neways Score 1.5/5
    Total score of 1 =Very Bad
    Total score of 5 =Very Good

1. Does the cost for Neways program justify the return you can make on the investment?
    You could purchase a single product at wholesale, and sell it at retail. You don't need to purchase huge and costly packages, and hence the investment is low. However, you need to get in touch with an upline member to have a complete understanding of the price listing and different Neways' products, 0.5 point

2. Can you make money with Neways materials?
    Neways offers a nice compensation plan, where you can earn through retail sales and commissions from purchases made in your downline. However, selling Neways products won't be easy with the company suffering recent legal charges because of tax evasion, 0.5 point

3. Is there a short learning curve with Neways program?
    The only way you can get to know the details of Neways business is from upline members. The website does not even feature any price listing, 0.5 point

4. Is there an opportunity for success with Neways?
    Selling products of a company guilty of tax evasion, unsubstantiated claims, and other legal charges, won't be easy at all, 0 point

5. Is there Support for Neways system?
    Nothing commendable, Neways website has no sign-up facility, the product catalog is not that great either. I guess you are on your own with this business opportunity, 0 point

You Don't Need To Give The History Of Neways I KNOW THE HISTORY My Husband Works For The Company.
    The Ones That Started The Program No Longer Run It. There Is a new CEO In Charge.

"What's the DIFFERENCE between MLM and Pyramid scam

A legitimate MLM biz includes products or services that reach the end consumers in exchange for their money.

A pyramid scam involves no products or services and it only involves the consumers' money, i.e., "The Gifting Program." If one or more consumers withdraw from the pyramid, the pyramid collapses."

They didn't have to have it get things FDA approved unless they sell in stores. BUT THEY DID. but guess what that isn't they only product they sell.
    to be legitimate you have to provide a product and GUESS WHAT THEY DO.

THEY ARE TALKED ABOUT THE COUPLE AT WORK.

AND I AM NOT NAIVE OR TWISTED

YOU HOWEVER ARE TO PUT IN NICELY A JERK FOR SAYING I AM.
    Last edited by piglet; 01-29-2006 at 08:35 AM.

My friend, you are letting your emotions get the better of you; missing the point and sidetracking the main issue.

To be legitimate you have to have products that are legitimate! Neways have been in trouble because they sold products that were both illegal and highly dangerous which is contrary to the foundational philosophy upon which the Mowers were supposed to build the company.

They have also been in trouble because they conspired to defraud the IRS!

They have been charged, found guilty and fined heavily and there is still stuff going on that has not been concluded by the courts yet.

Furthermore, your post proves you are naive because you think a pyramid scheme does not involve companies with products whilst in fact, some of the biggest pyramid schemes in history were product based for example NSA Water Filters, Quarum Alarms.

Do you realise that more people lose money in product-based opportunities than non-product based opportunities and GAMBLING? That's right! Gambling is a safer bet than hundreds of MLM deals that promise the little guy he will get rich when in fact up-to 99.9% can and do lose money!

The percentages vary with the likes of Amway being amongst the very worst!!

Go to www.mlm-thetruth.com for further information and study.

By the way, Neways biggest distributor Ray Spotts is suing them for "Tens-of-Millions." Since you are in the know, perhaps you can provide updates on the case?

As for the idea of selling products that are free of toxins, I like the idea. It's just a shame that the company has lost so much credibility by behaving like criminals. The new CEO and Board of Directors face an uphill struggle in trying to regain that credibility however, I hope they will succeed because the world certainly does need safe and effective products - that's for sure!!!

Finally, no one is saying that Neways is a pyramid per se at least not in the original sense of the term. We are simply pointing out that the company has been greatly discredited by behaviour that is both Unethical and Criminal in nature so don't go getting your knickers-in-a-twist by picking up the wrong notion.

I had ran across Neways international and was tempted myself some time back. But I did happen to hear some discouraging things about them that turned me away. I wasn't familiar with any lawsuits, but it wouldn't surprise me. There are very few MLM's with a strong enough product(s) to have marketed with success.

btw, I have compiled a list of work at home jobs/strategies, if anybody is interested. It includes the ones I'm involved with and how much you can make if you put in the initial work - - and also some to avoid. Anybody can PM me or send me an email at [email protected] or [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by jerseylamb
    My friend, you are letting your emotions get the better of you; missing the point and sidetracking the main issue.

To be legitimate you have to have products that are legitimate! Neways have been in trouble because they sold products that were both illegal and highly dangerous which is contrary to the foundational philosophy upon which the Mowers were supposed to build the company.

They have also been in trouble because they conspired to defraud the IRS!

They have been charged, found guilty and fined heavily and there is still stuff going on that has not been concluded by the courts yet.

Furthermore, your post proves you are naive because you think a pyramid scheme does not involve companies with products whilst in fact, some of the biggest pyramid schemes in history were product based for example NSA Water Filters, Quarum Alarms.

Do you realise that more people lose money in product-based opportunities than non-product based opportunities and GAMBLING? That's right! Gambling is a safer bet than hundreds of MLM deals that promise the little guy he will get rich when in fact up-to 99.9% can and do lose money!

The percentages vary with the likes of Amway being amongst the very worst!!

Go to www.mlm-thetruth.com for further information and study.

By the way, Neways biggest distributor Ray Spotts is suing them for "Tens-of-Millions." Since you are in the know, perhaps you can provide updates on the case?

As for the idea of selling products that are free of toxins, I like the idea. It's just a shame that the company has lost so much credibility by behaving like criminals. The new CEO and Board of Directors face an uphill struggle in trying to regain that credibility however, I hope they will succeed because the world certainly does need safe and effective products - that's for sure!!!

Finally, no one is saying that Neways is a pyramid per se at least not in the original sense of the term. We are simply pointing out that the company has been greatly discredited by behaviour that is both Unethical and Criminal in nature so don't go getting your knickers-in-a-twist by picking up the wrong notion.
    First off I will NEVER BEEN A FRIEND TO A JACKA**

And yes I know about other MLM's i was with Isagenix. It does work but I am not someone who likes to push people into buying products. So I let my membership with them expire.

Do You really believe that the people that owned the company made that product. They have people do that for them. And up until they made that ONE product there was no problem with them THE COMPANY STARTED in 1992 and didn't have any problems until YEARS LATER with ONE product. AS for the Taxes it was the owners they didn't claim THEIR earnings.

AND as for their Products I as well as others have used them and don't have any problems with them (except for their toothpaste it tastes nasty.)

AND JUST BECAUSE I DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR POINT OF VIEW DOES NOT MAKE ME NAIVE.
    BUT CONTINUALY CALLING ME THAT MAKES YOU A JACKA**

HOW ABOUT WE AGREE TO JUST KEEP DISAGREEING, BECAUSE I DON'T THINK WE WILL EVER AGREE.

You don't have to sell the products or use them.

But if people decide to. It is their choice not yours and not mine. I am sure we can agree on that.
    Last edited by piglet; 01-29-2006 at 09:23 PM.

On a lighter note, one of my favorite MLM moments happened at a Neways presentation in PA somewhere. Some alleged "heavy hitter" slimball (and he was slimy, believe me) who was in Neways was doing the presentation, and at one point, he was going to demonstrate how good the toothpaste was by swabbing a bit on his finger and tasting it. Well, the guy almost GAGGED when he tasted it!! Needless to say, I almost split my sides trying to hold in the laughter so I wouldn't be rude to all there. But it was a CLASSIC moment. Disclaimer: this is not a slam on Neways, because I don't know anything about the company other than what I learned that night. But is sure was funneee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    On a lighter note, one of my favorite MLM moments happened at a Neways presentation in PA somewhere. Some alleged "heavy hitter" slimball (and he was slimy, believe me) who was in Neways was doing the presentation, and at one point, he was going to demonstrate how good the toothpaste was by swabbing a bit on his finger and tasting it. Well, the guy almost GAGGED when he tasted it!! Needless to say, I almost split my sides trying to hold in the laughter so I wouldn't be rude to all there. But it was a CLASSIC moment. Disclaimer: this is not a slam on Neways, because I don't know anything about the company other than what I learned that night. But is sure was funneee!!!

Thats a good story yeah I had to spit it out pretty quick too. So we just stick to store bought toothpaste. guess I am used to what those taste like.

If anyone would like to know what products I am using now that are non toxic and use no chemicals whatsoever, they can PM me.

I kept searching for a different company after I found that Neways still used chemicals in their formulas. I would encourage anyone to avoid chemicals in their personal care products. There are other companies out there that make toxic free personal care products as well. But very few and far between. I know of a couple others, and they are not MLM.

Piglet, the store bought toothpaste you wrote about, is it the basic colgate, or crest type stuff ? Or do you buy close to natural, fluoride free toothpaste ? There are a couple of brands available in the stores which are a lesser evil but still contain some chemicals which need not be used. We used to buy Tom's of Maine, but found Sodium lauryl sulfate or propylene glycol in their toothpaste and deodorants. I know of people who try to say they are natural sources, but if that were true, why are other (close to) natural product companies like J.A.S.O.N promoting the fact that none of their deodorants contain propylene glycol ? Maybe Tom's isn't admitting something ?

Anyhow, Neways is a legitimate business in the sense of the meaning "business". Lot's of companies are legitimate and people call them scams. They have been working on removing the harmful chemicals they used to use years ago. Samuel Epstein has made evaluations on their ingredients, and recommended which ones to get rid of. The nastiest ones were to be finally disposed of by March 2005. Although, I am aware of other ingredients which they weren't getting rid of which should be. Their use of sucralose in the toothpaste is a bad one. They also have sorbitol and xylitol in it, which appears, still doesn't do much for the taste :p
    Last edited by Rawb; 02-02-2006 at 07:25 AM.

the toothpaste we but is your basic colgate or crest stuff. just whatever we grab.

just so everyone knows I am not saying neways is perfect, NO company is. I just found it completly annoying that jersylamb believes it is a scam becuase it has or has had lawsuits against them. Alot of companies or the owners have had lawsuits against them at one point or another that doesn't make them a scam.