+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

US versus Everyone.

I can't stand listening to the US military advertisment. When they come to the Balcans, they say it's for freedom, when they bomb Iraq, it's for peace...
    Start missing the times when there was the USSR to withstand. When the americans had something to fear exept for maniaks, monsters, and "freedom fighters" - terrorists.

Re: US versus Everyone.

I understand. I have to wonder who appointed the U.S. as the police force of the world and when did someone decide that the American way was the only way?

Namaste'

Lady Mod

As usially, it is the will of the armed to lead those, anarmed. I mean, the US still holds the leadership in militaries, so if talking helps no more, they have an another choice...

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I understand. I have to wonder who appointed the U.S. as the police force of the world and when did someone decide that the American way was the only way?

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    ya i also wonder why this is. if i had my choice, i would bring home our troops from iraq & reduce our presence elsewhere.....

I have often thought it would be a great idea to bring our troops home 100% and also bring home our money 100%. Line the military around the border and use the foriegn aid funds to deal with the issues we face inside our borders.

That, I am sure, would make the world happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bin
    You mean, send your troops elsewhere?
    i mean send them home to us where they belong. i often wonder why we need such a military presence everywhere. i mean we have probably the largest nuclear arsenal in the world, so we have enough of deterrent against an attack i think, so that's why we don't need such a military presence. these soldiers would do more good at home guarding against terrorism..
    Last edited by saturnsc2; 12-19-2005 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    I have often thought it would be a great idea to bring our troops home 100% and also bring home our money 100%. Line the military around the border and use the foriegn aid funds to deal with the issues we face inside our borders.

EXACTLY! why do we need them all over the world? i would think they would be more needed here especially after that september attack...

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsc2
    EXACTLY! why do we need them all over the world? i would think they would be more needed here especially after that september attack...
    Our military is stationed around the world for quicker reponse to areas they are needed. Many countries want US military bases as a deterent to their enemies.

We have allies around the world who believe we should be there with them and able to react immediately if the need arises.

On average the US typically have 22% of our troops stationed abroad. I am not sure having them home would have done anything to stop 9/11 and may have done a lot to bring it along faster.

Our military is stationed around the world for quicker reponse to areas they are needed. Many countries want US military bases as a deterent to their enemies.

We have allies around the world who believe we should be there with them and able to react immediately if the need arises.

On average the US typically have 22% of our troops stationed abroad. I am not sure having them home would have done anything to stop 9/11 and may have done a lot to bring it along faster.
    ya, i understand, & i still think we should reduce our presence overseas. it would be a cost savings to us & put less of our men & women in harm's way...

I wonder, how an almost 1 million troops will be protecting your home from terrorists. The army is trained to fight a different army, attack cities, strategic sourses etc. I think, the terrorist have done a revolution in the art of war. Against them an army is useless. They've got no army, no recognised commanders( sometimes), no territory, nothing, almost nothing to bomb..
    ya, it's hard to guard against terrorists. were doing a lot of terrorist training now as far as what to look for & more imspections at the airport. little by little, were making it hard for terrorists to function & cutting off their financial support. ya got to start somewhere...

Read your history gentlemen - terrorists (in many forms) have been around a long time. If the U.S. doesn't have the expertise - no one does. The U.S. has taken criticism for ages. No matter what you do there is always someone whining. I may not always agree with the position or actions of the U.S. government, but I'm damn glad we are neighbors.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Read your history gentlemen - terrorists (in many forms) have been around a long time. If the U.S. doesn't have the expertise - no one does. The U.S. has taken criticism for ages. No matter what you do there is always someone whining. I may not always agree with the position or actions of the U.S. government, but I'm damn glad we are neighbors.
    Thanks, the feelings are mutual. We the people here just want to be left alone and live our life in peace... if others will allow this!
    The saying goes... don't mess with the U.S.A., if you do. you may run and
    you may hide, but sooner, or later, you will get careless... then...
    Anyhow, we appreciate Canada as our neighbor and as a staunch allie. :)

Hmmm..Maybe we have something in common after all.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    Thanks, the feelings are mutual. We the people here just want to be left alone and live our life in peace... if others will allow this!
    The saying goes... don't mess with the U.S.A., if you do. you may run and
    you may hide, but sooner, or later, you will get careless... then...
    Anyhow, we appreciate Canada as our neighbor and as a staunch allie. :)
    AGREED! :)

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    You'll probably rethink that if Bush decides your country is harboring 'terrists".

I wonder, how an almost 1 million troops will be protecting your home from terrorists. The army is trained to fight a different army, attack cities, strategic sourses etc. I think, the terrorist have done a revolution in the art of war. Against them an army is useless. They've got no army, no recognised commanders( sometimes), no territory, nothing, almost nothing to bomb..

It's ironic, but General Cornwallis considered Washington a "terrorist" because the Colonial Militia wouldn't march up to the front line of battle and exchange fire like "gentlemen".
    Last edited by dante; 12-21-2005 at 06:00 AM.