+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 39

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5

    US versus Everyone.

    I can't stand listening to the US military advertisment. When they come to the Balcans, they say it's for freedom, when they bomb Iraq, it's for peace...
    Start missing the times when there was the USSR to withstand. When the americans had something to fear exept for maniaks, monsters, and "freedom fighters" - terrorists.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    I understand. I have to wonder who appointed the U.S. as the police force of the world and when did someone decide that the American way was the only way?

    Namaste'

    Lady Mod

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    As usially, it is the will of the armed to lead those, anarmed. I mean, the US still holds the leadership in militaries, so if talking helps no more, they have an another choice...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    540

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I understand. I have to wonder who appointed the U.S. as the police force of the world and when did someone decide that the American way was the only way?

    Namaste'

    Lady Mod
    ya i also wonder why this is. if i had my choice, i would bring home our troops from iraq & reduce our presence elsewhere.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    633

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    I have often thought it would be a great idea to bring our troops home 100% and also bring home our money 100%. Line the military around the border and use the foriegn aid funds to deal with the issues we face inside our borders.

    That, I am sure, would make the world happy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    540

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bin
    You mean, send your troops elsewhere?
    i mean send them home to us where they belong. i often wonder why we need such a military presence everywhere. i mean we have probably the largest nuclear arsenal in the world, so we have enough of deterrent against an attack i think, so that's why we don't need such a military presence. these soldiers would do more good at home guarding against terrorism..
    Last edited by saturnsc2; 12-19-2005 at 09:33 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    540

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    I have often thought it would be a great idea to bring our troops home 100% and also bring home our money 100%. Line the military around the border and use the foriegn aid funds to deal with the issues we face inside our borders.

    That, I am sure, would make the world happy.
    EXACTLY! why do we need them all over the world? i would think they would be more needed here especially after that september attack...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    633

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by saturnsc2
    EXACTLY! why do we need them all over the world? i would think they would be more needed here especially after that september attack...
    Our military is stationed around the world for quicker reponse to areas they are needed. Many countries want US military bases as a deterent to their enemies.

    We have allies around the world who believe we should be there with them and able to react immediately if the need arises.

    On average the US typically have 22% of our troops stationed abroad. I am not sure having them home would have done anything to stop 9/11 and may have done a lot to bring it along faster.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    540

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    Our military is stationed around the world for quicker reponse to areas they are needed. Many countries want US military bases as a deterent to their enemies.

    We have allies around the world who believe we should be there with them and able to react immediately if the need arises.

    On average the US typically have 22% of our troops stationed abroad. I am not sure having them home would have done anything to stop 9/11 and may have done a lot to bring it along faster.
    ya, i understand, & i still think we should reduce our presence overseas. it would be a cost savings to us & put less of our men & women in harm's way...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    540

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bin
    I wonder, how an almost 1 million troops will be protecting your home from terrorists. The army is trained to fight a different army, attack cities, strategic sourses etc. I think, the terrorist have done a revolution in the art of war. Against them an army is useless. They've got no army, no recognised commanders( sometimes), no territory, nothing, almost nothing to bomb..
    ya, it's hard to guard against terrorists. were doing a lot of terrorist training now as far as what to look for & more imspections at the airport. little by little, were making it hard for terrorists to function & cutting off their financial support. ya got to start somewhere...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Read your history gentlemen - terrorists (in many forms) have been around a long time. If the U.S. doesn't have the expertise - no one does. The U.S. has taken criticism for ages. No matter what you do there is always someone whining. I may not always agree with the position or actions of the U.S. government, but I'm damn glad we are neighbors.

  12. #12
    coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Read your history gentlemen - terrorists (in many forms) have been around a long time. If the U.S. doesn't have the expertise - no one does. The U.S. has taken criticism for ages. No matter what you do there is always someone whining. I may not always agree with the position or actions of the U.S. government, but I'm damn glad we are neighbors.
    Thanks, the feelings are mutual. We the people here just want to be left alone and live our life in peace... if others will allow this!
    The saying goes... don't mess with the U.S.A., if you do. you may run and
    you may hide, but sooner, or later, you will get careless... then...
    Anyhow, we appreciate Canada as our neighbor and as a staunch allie. :)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    622

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    I have often thought it would be a great idea to bring our troops home 100% and also bring home our money 100%. Line the military around the border and use the foriegn aid funds to deal with the issues we face inside our borders.

    That, I am sure, would make the world happy.

    Hmmm..Maybe we have something in common after all.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    540

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    Thanks, the feelings are mutual. We the people here just want to be left alone and live our life in peace... if others will allow this!
    The saying goes... don't mess with the U.S.A., if you do. you may run and
    you may hide, but sooner, or later, you will get careless... then...
    Anyhow, we appreciate Canada as our neighbor and as a staunch allie. :)
    AGREED! :)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    622

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Read your history gentlemen - terrorists (in many forms) have been around a long time. If the U.S. doesn't have the expertise - no one does. The U.S. has taken criticism for ages. No matter what you do there is always someone whining. I may not always agree with the position or actions of the U.S. government, but I'm damn glad we are neighbors.
    You'll probably rethink that if Bush decides your country is harboring 'terrists".

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    622

    Re: US versus Everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bin
    I wonder, how an almost 1 million troops will be protecting your home from terrorists. The army is trained to fight a different army, attack cities, strategic sourses etc. I think, the terrorist have done a revolution in the art of war. Against them an army is useless. They've got no army, no recognised commanders( sometimes), no territory, nothing, almost nothing to bomb..

    It's ironic, but General Cornwallis considered Washington a "terrorist" because the Colonial Militia wouldn't march up to the front line of battle and exchange fire like "gentlemen".
    Last edited by dante; 12-21-2005 at 06:00 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. The God of the Bible versus the god of MLM
    By sojustask in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 06:14 PM
  2. King of Queens versus MLM
    By kegger430 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
  3. CV Versus YWFT
    By Old Timer in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 10:22 AM
  4. Cv Versus Ot
    By Old Timer in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 07:21 PM
  5. Miller versus Bud???
    By umdkook in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 09:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
9/11, abroad, accomplished, act, actions, admit, africa, age, ages, agreed, agreement, aid, airport, america, american, americas, another, anti, aries, army, arse, art, article, assistance, associate, ation, attack, attacked, attacking, attempts, attention, august, aus, authority, bad, banks, bat, belarus, benefits, bet, better, billions, bin, bit, bomb, bombs, border, borders, break, bring, british, bunch, bush, buy, call, called, calling, campaign, canada, care, catch, cell, central, cer, choose, church, close, coming, commit, common, complain, completely, con, continue, coo, correct, cost, costs, countries, country, cream, criminals, dam, damn, dan, deal, decision, dept, des, described, desert, destroyed, destruction, didn, difficult, disaster, doesn, don, dow, dreams, ear, earth, easily, east, employees, enemies, entry, european, expelled, extra, extreme, face, faced, fair, families, father, fear, fed, feel, financial, fired, fix, forces, fresh, front, fully, funds, future, gave, gen, general, girl, giving, glad, global, good, governors, gra, great, group, guess, guy, gym, had, haha, hand, hard, head, heads, heard, heart, hell, helps, hey, hide, hiding, high, his, holds, home, homeland, honey, honorable, huma, human, hunger, hurt, ial, idea, ill, image, imagine, ime, inter, ion, issues, jail, join, katrina, kidding, kind, las vegas, lead, leaving, line, lis, living, local, lol, long, longer, loose, los, lose, lot, lying, making, mass, matter, mea, mess, military, militia, million, mind, money, more, mother, move, nationali, nations, nature, need, needed, needy, ner, newspaper, nice, nigh, night, nuclear, oes, only, open, options, orders, pakistan, paying, peace, people, picture, place, play, point, poisoning, politically, poor, pos, position, positive, posted, posts, premier, presiden, prior, pro, protecting, protection, protects, pull, pulled, quote, rally, read, ready, reasonable, rebels, reminds, respond, rest, rich, rights, role, roll, roy, run, russians, safe, safety, salvation, satisfied, secure, security, sense, september, ship, shoo, shooting, showed, shows, side, signed, simply, sold, soldiers, solved, sometimes, soo, sooner, spend, spent, spring, star, start, state, states, stealing, stop, street, strength, supply, survive, sweet, system, taken, takes, taking, talk, talking, ted, terrible, terrorist, terrorists, the military, they, thought, threatens, throw, thugs, tie, time, times, today, tom, total, town, trade, troops, turning, tvs, u.s. government, usa, ussr, vacation, vegas, version, wait, water, ways, west, win, wing, winter, woma, world, worst, wrong, years

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •