+ Reply to Thread

Regional Travel Services - Please adivise me

Please adivise me:

today morning a saleswoman called me telling that I got a $1000 shopping spree and a free travel certificate. All I need to do to sign up for a free tril of 3 of their offers. The total after the trial is about $200 a month but they say you can cancel the trial any time (before it expires) and you'll not be billed anything. their phone number is 1800 625 9202

After I hung up the phone I felt horrible and called them trying to cancel everything but they say I have to wait 48 hours to do it. I think they do this so that they have time to enroll me for all the offers.

I'll be leaving the country for 2 weeks and I'm affraid that by the time I'm back they clean up my bank account.

What should I do? I contacted the BBB.org and filed a claim asking them to cancel my agreement. I called the company that does the debiting of the Regional Travel Service offers and told them not to bill me because I wanted to cancel.

What else should I do? I'm leaving the country tomorrow and 12-20-2005 and I won't be able to call them to cancel it after that until I'm back :/

Does this looks like a scam to you?

Thank you, your thoughts are highly appreciated!

Re: Regional Travel Services - Please adivise me

Did you ever find out the truth to this? I just got the same call saying they wanted to give me $1000. plus a free trip. All I need to do is supply them with my Bank account or Bank routing to bill me for the $3.95 for S&H. I questioned them as to why if they want to give me $1000 plus a trip but they can pay for the shipping of the material. She said it is to confirm I gave them correct info. I convinced them I do not have my account number availble to me today. This whole this smells funny to me, but I would like to recieve a free $1000. for doing nothing.
    Sounds too good to be true. Do you agree??

I found what you're looking for, I think.

Visit this link:

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/post-12899.html

and you'll get the low-down on Regional Travel Services, from people who have actually dealt with them. The 800 phone number you mentioned in your post is also quoted in this forum.

I think it's clear that it's yet another of the many scams.

:(

they are a big time scam and very hard to stop because it seems they're operating from India. Or at least they're using a call center from India to do their dirty job of deceiving people here in the US.

It's a shame that US authorities are so blind to this type of business. Maybe that's one of the means Osama Bin Laden uses to finances his terror activities...

it's a shame...

I'VE LEARNED ONE THING THOUGH: DON'T EVER GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFO TO ANYBODY! THE CHANCE THAT YOU'RE BEING SCAMMED IS 10 IN 10.

**** SCAMMERS AND **** THE BLIND AGENCIES... FBI AND CIA **** YOU!