+ Reply to Thread

Pay Pal Scam through e-mails

This is a serious one. Today i recieved an e-mail from what I thought was PAY PAL. It had my email address, a bogus payment of $395.XX to , and a name and address that the items were to be sent to-that wasn't mine. Then to top it all off-there was a 'click here to dispute or make a claim.' DO NOT DO THIS!!! This is a spoof. when you click to the site you will think you are logging into PAY PAL and you ARE NOT. This is how they get your personal information. NEVER click on an address from your e-mail and type in personal information. Sign out of your e-mail and go DIRECTLY to PAY PAL, they can tell you what is really going on. I'm not sure how these people knew of my PAY PAL account but I'm not THAT stupid! If it doesn't say [email protected]re.

Re: Pay Pal Scam through e-mails

Quote Originally Posted by dietcokejunky
    This is a serious one. Today i recieved an e-mail from what I thought was PAY PAL. It had my email address, a bogus payment of $395.XX to , and a name and address that the items were to be sent to-that wasn't mine. Then to top it all off-there was a 'click here to dispute or make a claim.' DO NOT DO THIS!!! This is a spoof. when you click to the site you will think you are logging into PAY PAL and you ARE NOT. This is how they get your personal information. NEVER click on an address from your e-mail and type in personal information. Sign out of your e-mail and go DIRECTLY to PAY PAL, they can tell you what is really going on. I'm not sure how these people knew of my PAY PAL account but I'm not THAT stupid! If it doesn't say [email protected]re.
    I'd say just don't use paypal anyways, its a crock of ****... www.paypalsucks.com

Quote Originally Posted by dietcokejunky

I get one or two emails a week from " pay pal " to "confirm" the addition of some friggin email address..... I do not log on thru the email I fire up my browser and log on to them to make sure it didnt happen, then I forward a copy of the email to the email police at pay pal, then I send a response boack to the JACK_ASS that sent me the email saying NICE TRY DICK HEAD, F*** A**, or what ever creative name i think of at the time.... another way to see if its acually paypal is place your cursor over the URL link then look in the lower left corner of the browser/email, it will bring up the ACTUAL URL link... if its not the same as the one your are hovering over ITS NOT PAYPAL !!!!!!!!!!

Thats funny, my husband did the same thing-except more graphic. I NEVER 'click here' thru e-mail. Too many overseas people trying to hack into my ****!

Quote Originally Posted by tjwor
    I'd say just don't use paypal anyways, its a crock of ****... www.paypalsucks.com
    paypalsucks.com are run by imcompetent, hidden agenda proprietors who got "dicked" over because they didn't not follow the policies as tated by paypal

I've been using paypal since its inception/ over 1000 transactions and only 3 times i've been wronged, all of which were corrected by MY credit card company, due diligence on my part and just plain common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizywyg
    paypalsucks.com are run by imcompetent, hidden agenda proprietors who got "dicked" over because they didn't not follow the policies as tated by paypal

I've been using paypal since its inception/ over 1000 transactions and only 3 times i've been wronged, all of which were corrected by MY credit card company, due diligence on my part and just plain common sense.
    My problem with thim Is I got "dicked over" because they don't make their buyers be verified and allow un-verified users to revert payments. i stood in line for 7 hours to get an Xbox 360 to sell on ebay, sold it with guaranteed shipping by noon if bought and paypal sent. I sold it through buy it now, sent the Xbox 360, as promised, and he reverted the payment. I had to go through all the hassles getting it back witht eh post office, calling his police department, and much more. i didn't get it back until 2 days ago. (sent on the 22'd of november) I origionally had it selling for $850 plus $50 for shipping, (my brother also got one and sold it for 900 BIN w/ $50 for shipping) Shipping ended up costing me $40, so I lost that 40, and then it only sold for $695 yesterday because it is not a hot item anymore. So i'm out $40 for shipping, and out another $155 because of the time period. So because of Paypal I lost $200, and tons of time talking to police and post office employees.

I would be great with paypal if they either required all of its users to be verified users or offer seller protection against un-verified users. But they don't, why? WHo knows! it seems fishy, i think they could even ben involved in some of it, because the error is so obvious, has been brought to their attention so many times, yet they do NOTHING AT ALL! about the matter.

So because of this, i don't have much faith/trust in paypal, if it wasn't a monopoly between it and ebay there is no way I would use it, and i'm sure that is the same with lots of other uesrs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tjwor
    My problem with thim Is I got "dicked over" because they don't make their buyers be verified
    So? dont do business with unverirfied sellers. Easy right?
    Common sense, if you question the person you are dealing with, then dont do business with them.

and allow un-verified users to revert payments.
    its your duty as a seller to make sure you are 100% backed by documentation if you are shipping out items.

i stood in line for 7 hours to get an Xbox 360 to sell on ebay, sold it with guaranteed shipping by noon if bought and paypal sent.
    Is that our fault? You wasted your time (not ours), when you could have simply pre-ordered it months ago, and didn't have to wait in line, and got it the first day. And "selling" it on ebay, only shows that you were greedy to begin with. When you are greedy, you become "blind" to scams.

I sold it through buy it now, sent the Xbox 360, as promised, and he reverted the payment.
    What was his complaint? notice how you leave (and many other paypal gripers ) this detail out.

I had to go through all the hassles getting it back witht eh post office, calling his police department, and much more.
    Why are you calling the police deparment? They have nothing to do with paypal.
    Your gripe is with the buyer.

i didn't get it back until 2 days ago.
    get what back? the system? Then what are you grping about?

(sent on the 22'd of november) I origionally had it selling for $850 plus $50 for shipping
    So you were a greedy little seller only looking out to make money; yup blinders were on.

(my brother also got one and sold it for 900 BIN w/ $50 for shipping) Shipping ended up costing me $40, so I lost that 40, and then it only sold for $695 yesterday because it is not a hot item anymore.
    No duh. greedy scum like you deserve it for something that only costed $400

So i'm out $40 for shipping, and out another $155 because of the time period. So because of Paypal I lost $200, and tons of time talking to police and post office employees.
    not our problem that you wanted to be greedy. and again, it shows that it wasn't paypal's fault, but your BUYERS.

I would be great with paypal if they either required all of its users to be verified users or offer seller protection against un-verified users. But they don't, why?
    They dont, but they do offer you to become verified. next time, put that stipulation in your auction.

WHo knows! it seems fishy, i think they could even ben involved in some of it, because the error is so obvious, has been brought to their attention so many times, yet they do NOTHING AT ALL! about the matter.
    because its not their problem. its yours

So because of this, i don't have much faith/trust in paypal, if it wasn't a monopoly between it and ebay there is no way I would use it, and i'm sure that is the same with lots of other uesrs as well.
    you dont have faith in paypal because of your mistakes?

So? dont do business with unverirfied sellers. Easy right?
    Common sense, if you question the person you are dealing with, then dont do business with them.
    Yes it is that easy, now that I am aware of this, but why should it take each user one time of getting fu©ked out of money to find out?

its your duty as a seller to make sure you are 100% backed by documentation if you are shipping out items.
    I HAD ALL OF THE DOCUMENTATION, I HAD EVERYTHING TO PROVE IT HAD BEEN SHIPPED, but how paypal's system is set up if it is an unverified user it doesn't matter whether you sent them 20 items, they can revert the payment just because they want their money back.

Is that our fault? You wasted your time (not ours), when you could have simply pre-ordered it months ago, and didn't have to wait in line, and got it the first day. And "selling" it on ebay, only shows that you were greedy to begin with. When you are greedy, you become "blind" to scams.
    No it is not your fault i "wasted my time" it is the paypals fault for allowing unverified users to revert their payment. It wouldn't have been a waste of time if I had made the money I had planed on it would it?

What was his complaint? notice how you leave (and many other paypal gripers ) this detail out.
    THIS IS WHERE YOU MADE ME MAD!!!

HE HAD NO COMPLAINT, HE NEVER CONTACTED ME, JUST PAID THROUGH PAYPAL, HE HAD NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT HIS CANCELING, HE WAS A SCAMMER, HE KNEW IT WOULD BE SHIPPED BY NOON SO CANCELED THE PAYMENT THAT NIGHT KNOWING THE 360 WAS ON THE WAY, SO HE COULD KEEP IT AND PAY NOTHING!

Why are you calling the police deparment? They have nothing to do with paypal.
    Your gripe is with the buyer.
    I reported him to his police department for fraud and theft. He was under a fake name and info, other than address and was trying to steal the system from me.

get what back? the system? Then what are you grping about?
    YES, i got the system back, but 20 days after the release date, when they are worth 25% less than the origional...

So you were a greedy little seller only looking out to make money; yup blinders were on.
    So making a business out of buying cheap and selling high means your greedy? So your saying nike shoe company should sell the shoes for no more than they purchase them????

I do not understand how i'm greedy because I buy something knowing it will be worth much more so I can sell it...

No duh. greedy scum like you deserve it for something that only costed $400
    How am i scum for doing this? I bought it and sold it. People are willing to pay $800 for it, do you want me to sell it for $400???

This is called business, buying it for less than selling it. I didn't force anyone to buy Xbox 360's for $1200, but they did, that makes the seller scum? because they are charging more than they paid???

not our problem that you wanted to be greedy. and again, it shows that it wasn't paypal's fault, but your BUYERS.
    Yes, it is the buyers fault that he canceled the payment, but a secure payment source would not allow a user to revert the payment.

They dont, but they do offer you to become verified. next time, put that stipulation in your auction.
    Yes, but why make it so easy for a scammer?? why not make everyone be verified? There is no reason to make it this easy to fu©k someone over.

because its not their problem. its yours
    NO, it is there problem, because it is their ****ty system they have set up. It would be very simple to change and would save millions of dollars worth of goods getting to scammers hands for nothing at all.

you dont have faith in paypal because of your mistakes?
    I don't have faith in paypal because of their system, and how it set up, not because of my mistake, I know there are ways around this now, but why doesn't paypal just take the easy step and fix it for everyone else out there? It would just force their system to be more secure, but it seems like they don't want their system more secure...

Damn TJ, that truly sucks. I sold two systems for over $1000 and I made both buyers wait until they were verified before I shipped. I also withdrew the money from the account right away, I purchase the buyers protection and insured both packages to the max. It is crappy that paypal let's unverified people do that... I just did whatever I could to protect myself.
    Deth is always approaching, live while you can...

Quote Originally Posted by DethLOK
    Damn TJ, that truly sucks. I sold two systems for over $1000 and I made both buyers wait until they were verified before I shipped. I also withdrew the money from the account right away, I purchase the buyers protection and insured both packages to the max. It is crappy that paypal let's unverified people do that... I just did whatever I could to protect myself.

yea, i didn't even think about that stuff, WHICH I WILL ADMIT IS MY MISTAKE!, but yea, i wish paypal would just force people to be verified or offer seller protection...

Hell... I got scammed by an unverified seller. I thought I was getting a PSP for $100 bucks but the guy scammed me. I had pretty much cut my losses then one day I log into paypal and BLAM! I had the money back into my account. This was about 3 months after I had gotten scammed.
    Deth is always approaching, live while you can...