+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PLANNED PARENTHOOD Protects RAPISTS

The scary part is that they had proudly posted the letter in the first place as an advertisement for their services...how out of touch must they really be? They are ACTIVELY protecting rapists every single day...

11-year-old's rape
    swept under rug?

Planned Parenthood removes revealing letter from website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 16, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

After drawing attention from pro-life groups, Planned Parenthood's San Francisco affiliate removed from its website a purported letter from a girl thanking the abortion provider for helping conceal from her parents a rape that occurred when she was 11.

The American Life League's STOPP International is calling on California Attorney General Bill Lockyer to investigate, asking whether Planned Parenthood is trying to hide evidence of a crime.

"Planned Parenthood acts as if it is exempt from the law," said STOPP International's executive director, Jim Sedlak. "The organization knows it is mandated to report suspected cases of sexual abuse involving minors, yet it seemingly fails to do so."

The letter appeared in the "Shared Stories" section of the Planned Parenthood Golden Gate website.

Neither the letter itself nor Planned Parenthood Golden Gate indicated whether the organization alerted authorities to the reported sexual abuse of an 11-year-old child, STOPP International said.

The letter indicates the girl now is 17.

Sedlak called Planned Parenthood a "dangerous organization," saying "we must ensure that it is held accountable for its actions."

Last month, Californians voted down a measure requiring parents to be notified before a minor has an abortion.

A backer of the proposition, Yes on 73, argued for its passage by pointing to a well-documented survey by Texas-based Life Dynamics revealing virtually all Planned Parenthood affiliates fail to report clear cases of statutory rape to authorities.

The Yes on 73 website site provides some of the audio tapes of a Life Dynamics researcher who telephoned 800 Planned Parenthood and National Abortion Federation facilities nationwide portraying a 13-year-old girl who had been made pregnant by a 22-year-old boyfriend.

The caller told the clinics she wanted an abortion "because she and her boyfriend did not want her parents to find out about the sexual relationship," a summary of the report stated.

Among the findings was that many clinic workers acknowledged the girl's situation was illegal and that they were required by law to report it, but an "overwhelming majority readily agreed" to keep secret the illegal sexual contact.

Life Dynamics said that in 91 percent of its calls, the person reached at the center agreed to conceal the statutory rape.

Girls under age 14 are presumed to be victims of rape, but Planned Parenthood argues compliance with the ******** reporting law would breach the doctor-patient confidentiality agreement.

Nevertheless, Life Dynamic President Mark Crutcher insists Planned Parenthood understands the law, noting his group has a tape recording of the abortion provider's top two national attorneys admitting that child-abuse reporting laws override confidentiality requirements in every state.

The Life Dynamics probe has led to a number of legal investigations across the nation. In addition to the Planned Parenthood investigation, the pro-life group brought about the 1999 congressional hearings on the sale of aborted baby parts.

Re: PLANNED PARENTHOOD Protects RAPISTS

Thanks, pwrone! I logged on to scam.com to post this same topic; one of my email newsletters captured the webpage. Here is the page.

Last edited by boone; 12-16-2005 at 04:56 PM.

LOL, way to go Boone! It's apparent that Planned Parenthood wasn't protecting the rapist but the girl's privacy. Although Pwrone would argue that the girl has no right to privacy.

Imagine that the girl was able to get counseling and help and not be forced to face what could have been a very nasty and traumatic court scene.

Oh, the boy was a minor as well. Statutory rape laws do not usually apply when both parties are minors. Furthermore, it would have been argued that the girl consented to the sex thereby making her look very loose. Secondly, the parents could have also been prosecuted for not better monitoring the 11 year old and the girl could have ended up in a foster home and possibly risked being raped there (there have been instances of that happening).

How all of that would have been helpful had Planned Parenthood NOT kept the girl's confidentiality I haven't a clue. When you look at it from a legal standpoint, it was a lose. lose situation if they gave her identity up.

But of course, Pwrone has never been an 11 year old with a boyfriend, nor has he ever been raped. He just wants to preach NO PRIVACY for anyone. He just wants to protect the innocent and young. Ya right. Maybe he needs to engage his brain first?

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 12-16-2005 at 05:24 PM.

Umm, Lady Mod, I respect your point of view on this, but I am APPALLED that an 11 yo CHILD was raped and the heinous crime was covered up! I believe that the ADULTS in that situation did not act in her best interest. If that happened to me at age 11, it would of been a challenge to be able to tell my parents, probably...but, as a CHILD I would wanted some help and guidance. That 17 yo guy should of been reprimanded and punished for violating her- I hope he was, but I am guessing that he got off the hook.

PP published this letter in which the young girl praises Planned Parenthood for not telling her parents that she was raped by her 17-year-old boyfriend when she was just 11 years old. Neither the letter itself nor Planned Parenthood made any mention of Planned Parenthood alerting law enforcement to this sexual abuse of an 11-year-old child.

No entity or organization should allow this type of "privacy" to a child. Yeah, where WERE the parents? They should of been reprimanded for child neglect, I believe. The 17 yo's parents should of been notified, as well, and he should of been punished at the time.

And then at 14 to go get birth control pills- that in my opinion is real sad. CHILDREN of 14 are not emotionally or mentally ready or able to cope with those type of lifestyle choices. I remember clearly the outcomes for some of my teen friends who were pressured into sex or "broken down" by their boyfriends to engage in sex when we were all 14, 15, 16...it was terrible. One of my friends, at 14, was bawling afterward and told me not to do it- to wait, as it was not worth it. She had depression and self-esteem issues- it changed her for the worse, and her childhood was taken away - she got pregnant our senior year, after a few years of multiple sex partners, and a partying lifestyle. Why can't kids just be allowed to be kids and taught about abstaining until adulthood? 16 and 17 yo's, for example, shouldn't be worried about std's and HIV, and pregnancy issues, not to mention the "weight" of this behavior, its implications, and their reputations- ok, maybe they shouldn't still be "playing with dolls," but an 11 yo should be - carefree and innocent, and child-like, protected and guided by responsible adults. An 11 yo with a 17 yo boyfriend, I feel, is innapropriate. He should of been tried as an adult, as an 11 yo shouldn't be subjected to that type of activity that he imposed on her. It changed her for life, I am certain.

Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Umm, Lady Mod, I respect your point of view on this, but I am APPALLED that an 11 yo CHILD was raped and the heinous crime was covered up! I believe that the ADULTS in that situation did not act in her best interest. If that happened to me at age 11, it would of been a challenge to be able to tell my parents, probably...but, as a CHILD I would wanted some help and guidance. That 17 yo guy should of been reprimanded and punished for violating her- I hope he was, but I am guessing that he got off the hook

PP published this letter in which the young girl praises Planned Parenthood for not telling her parents that she was raped by her 17-year-old boyfriend when she was just 11 years old. Neither the letter itself nor Planned Parenthood made any mention of Planned Parenthood alerting law enforcement to this sexual abuse of an 11-year-old child.

No entity or organization should allow this type of "privacy" to a child. Yeah, where WERE the parents? They should of been reprimanded for child neglect, I believe. The 17 yo's parents should of been notified, as well, and he should of been punished at the time.

And then at 14 to go get birth control pills- that in my opinion is real sad. CHILDREN of 14 are not emotionally or mentally ready or able to cope with those type of lifestyle choices. I remember clearly the outcomes for some of my teen friends who were pressured into sex or "broken down" by their boyfriends to engage in sex when we were all 14, 15, 16...it was terrible. One of my friends, at 14, was bawling afterward and told me not to do it- to wait, as it was not worth it. She had depression and self-esteem issues- it changed her for the worse, and her childhood was taken away - she got pregnant our senior year, after a few years of multiple sex partners, and a partying lifestyle. Why can't kids just be allowed to be kids and taught about abstaining until adulthood? 16 and 17 yo's, for example, shouldn't be worried about std's and HIV, and pregnancy issues, not to mention the "weight" of this behavior, its implications, and their reputations- ok, maybe they shouldn't still be "playing with dolls," but an 11 yo should be - carefree and innocent, and child-like, protected and guided by responsible adults. An 11 yo with a 17 yo boyfriend, I feel, is innapropriate. He should of been tried as an adult, as an 11 yo shouldn't be subjected to that type of activity that he imposed on her. It changed her for life, I am certain.

What you may have failed to note was that she was helped and guided. Had law enforcement been alerted there would have been a nasty court case that this little girl would have been further traumatized by.

What she claims as rape may have started out as heavy petting. Ever know a teenage boy who actually listened or an eleven year old girl who would demand she be heard? The boy probably never knew about this incident being viewed by the girl in this manner.

Children at 14 may not be emotionally ready for sexual relationships but they are a hell of a lot less ready for parenthood. I agree with you on the rest of your post about teens, however, until we gain back the control that parents have given up when it comes to raising their kids, let's not doom these kids to possible pregnancies. Whether or not abstinance is preached, these kids have been raised in a generation that advocates "time outs" instead of spankings, rampant lawsuits for everything under the sun, music that promotes killing, sex and abuse of women and general thumbing of one's nose at the authorities. They are going to find a way to do what they want to do until adults take control and eliminate these core problems first.

I feel that not enough emphasis is placed on the result of STD's and I really think that is where most of our effort should be put when educating these kids. If not at home (I haven't a clue why parents find it so embarrassing to talk honestly with their kids about sex) then in school.

Proving that boy raped this girl would have been a monumental task. It's possible that the parents didn't even KNOW the girl had a boyfriend, much less a 17 year old boyfriend. Furthermore, this could have been a latchkey kid, there is plenty of time from the time school lets out until a parent gets in from work for kids to engage in sexual activity and disappear. Until we become a society where households don't have to rely on two incomes to pay the bills, that will always be the case.

I speak unfortunately from experience. I know there isn't diddly squat that could have been done to that boy.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

>>What she claims as rape may have started out as heavy petting. Ever know a teenage boy who actually listened or an eleven year old girl who would demand she be heard? The boy probably never knew about this incident being viewed by the girl in this manner.<<

Wow! You sure seem to have the inside scoop on this incident. Certainly more than the parents of an 11 year old girl that was raped.

When will enough be enough?

How far with the liberal in this country go in an effort to allow criminals to get away with things such as this.

I have to sign a note explaining why my child was not in school, but I am not allowed to know my daughter is pregnant? Do you not see a problem here?

My son or daughter can not take an asprin at school without a doctors note and the parents consent. But my daughter can have an abortion or get birth control pills and I am not even notified?

I am sorry if this offends any of you, but that is insane! I, as the parent of a minor have every right to know that my daughter thinks she needs an abortion. I have every right to know she is going to have an abortion or that she wants birth control pills.

I have every right to see charges are pressed against the male violator of my daughter up and until the day she turns 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Slayer
    >>What she claims as rape may have started out as heavy petting. Ever know a teenage boy who actually listened or an eleven year old girl who would demand she be heard? The boy probably never knew about this incident being viewed by the girl in this manner.<<

Wow! You sure seem to have the inside scoop on this incident. Certainly more than the parents of an 11 year old girl that was raped.

Please play attention, I said "may have started out"?

I also have 3 daughters, and work with youths. I also know how the law will approach these kinds of cases that some people seem to think will benefit the kids. I haven't seen yet where the legal approach has ever helped the young victim. Though I have seen it let them down more than once.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE

I have to sign a note explaining why my child was not in school, but I am not allowed to know my daughter is pregnant? Do you not see a problem here?
    Yes, do you have a solution?

My son or daughter can not take an asprin at school without a doctors note and the parents consent. But my daughter can have an abortion or get birth control pills and I am not even notified?
    The girls letter never said she was ever pregnant or got an abortion. It only states that she was counseled.

I don't like it either, but what would you suggest we do to change things? And how many girls would be having unprotected sex if parents were notified?

I am sorry if this offends any of you, but that is insane! I, as the parent of a minor have every right to know that my daughter thinks she needs an abortion. I have every right to know she is going to have an abortion or that she wants birth control pills.

I have every right to see charges are pressed against the male violator of my daughter up and until the day she turns 18.
    You may have the rights, but they aren't going to give them to you. A lot of things will have to change before that happens.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

>Please play attention, I said "may have started out"?<<

Yes. I was paying attention and now confirm that the pointless speculation on your part does a disservice to the issue. There was a crime. There was a criminal. There was a victim. There was no justice.

May your daughters live free and safe and may justice stand between them and harm, in all of the empty places they must walk.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Yes, do you have a solution?
    The solution is to do one of two things.

1) require across the board that anyone has the right to privacy and no one is to be notified without thier consent no matter what age they are for any procedure or medication.

2) require that no matter what medical or pyscological help a child (under the age of 18) comes into any facility for, the parent is notified PRIOR to any treatment is provided unless their life is in immediate danger without treatment. This includes any and everything pretaining to a child under the age of 18.

It's that simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    The girls letter never said she was ever pregnant or got an abortion. It only states that she was counseled.
    My opinions are not based on this girls letter, or really anything posted on this thread. In fact I have avoided this thread up until it was the only one I had not read :)

I don't have any problem with Planned Parenthood counseling women (over 18). I don't mind they counsel children....as long as the parents are present at the time.

I believe these articles below are real relevant for this thread. It is a sick society we are in, I think. And, there is a fine line between the cognitive abilities between a 17 yo and an 18 yo "consenting adult."

It is probable that the little girl had circumstances whereby she fell prey to the older boy, i.e. her parents working 2 jobs, or caught up in priorities that did not include their kid(s) - child abuse and neglect. The boy should of been made an example of- that there are consequences in deciding to do this type of thing- in the courts, and if at all possible, the courts protecting the anominity of the little girl. That is do-able, is it not?

These type of things are just a few of many reasons as to why I am involved in helping others get job-free...(parents both out of the house working, parents having to work long hours, latch-key kids, etc.).

As for condomns, they do not protect against all STD's or pregnancy...that is just a myth...go ahead, ask for proof, I can provide that...as for now here are two articles...and, before I close this reply, I will add that I hope all your sons and daughters remain safe and in justice.

Hi VOR,

The thing that is disturbing, is that we are becoming a public that allows laws that are vigorously enforced to prevent our youth (Or anyone else) from downloading music, but at the same time send a message that if you rape our young daughters nothing will happen to you.

What have we become?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Slayer
    Hi VOR,

The thing that is disturbing, is that we are becoming a public that allows laws that are vigorously enforced to prevent our youth (Or anyone else) from downloading music, but at the same time send a message that if you rape our young daughters nothing will happen to you.

What have we become?
    It is interesting that you would point out the downloaded music issue.

It is the entertainment industry, filled with liberals, that promote the sex and violence to our youth. They are the ones campaigning for the criminals rights and then fight for the rights of the child not to inform their parents they are pregnant. Yet something as menial as downloading some music gets the entertainment industry all up in arms.

Go figure.

Well, I'll just cut and paste them as the pages didn't load on my previous post...

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/colu...14/178995.html

Adult-child relationships are wrong - always
    Dec 14, 2005
    by Kathleen Parker

Judging from the recent spate of high-profile teacher-student sex cases, you'd think America's teachers - especially females - are hopelessly lusting after their students.

As a mother of boys and witness to the animal kingdom in which they dwell, I confess to being baffled by the attraction, but that's a subject for another day. Meanwhile, what is going on?

And what does it mean in our sexualized culture that the lines seem to be increasingly blurred between what is appropriate and what is not. Forget "normal," not that anyone remembers.

Here's normal: Adults do not have sex with minors.

Well-adjusted grown-ups know this instinctively. Implicit in the job description of "adult" is that you take care of children and protect the innocent. Inarguably, a kid who has been roaming the Earth fewer than 18 years doesn't know diddly about the complicated consequences of romantic involvement with an adult.

We who know better are supposed to know better.

But lately our cultural understanding of what's acceptable is on shaky ground. After all, a consenting teenage boy is getting what he wants from a willing adult woman, right? And certainly a compliant 16-year-old girl can seem womanly enough to her twentysomething-year-old geography teacher. Who's to say they shouldn't enjoy each other's company?

Normal people at this point may notice a small trembling and rapid heartbeat. Do not be alarmed. The feeling that you are completely alone on Planet Earth should subside in a few more paragraphs.

Questions of the sort above keep coming up, especially since 1998, when a study published in the Psychological Bulletin concluded that people sexually abused as children did not always suffer terrible consequences. Defenders of the study said they weren't trying to excuse abuse, but were questioning the traditional way of treating all sexual relations with minors as "abuse."

Most people would agree that there's a difference between an 18-year-old "adult" involved with a 17-year-old "child" and an adult man ravaging an 8-year-old girl. But our nerves understandably get frayed in the context of the recent Catholic Church scandals, and when we realize that some groups, such as the North American Man/Boy Love Association, really do want societal approval of such clearly inappropriate relations.

Emotions also run high when some suggest changing the age of consent to accommodate today's more relaxed social norms, as was mentioned in a story in Sunday's New York Times that reviewed recent teacher-student cases. The story was accompanied by a photograph of teacher, Pamela Rogers Turner, 28, who was sentenced to nine months in jail for having sex with a 13-year-old boy.

Blond, beautiful and fetching in pinstripes (and handcuffs), she's an unfortunate poster girl for the cause against adults romancing minors. Most guys seeing her would say, "And the problem is?"

The problem, to be clear, is one of trust and power - even in consenting relationships. An adult, especially one in a position of authority such as a teacher, counselor or priest, is always in a superior position with a minor player. It doesn't matter that 16-year-old Johnny is built like a locomotive and has enough testosterone to power a Scud missile. He's still a kid emotionally and psychologically.

Thus the sexual act, even if consensual, is still coercive to some degree.

Same with Susie. Girls may look like Madonna en route to a pole-dancing contest, but most don't have a clue what they're doing to Mr. Smith as he's trying to stay focused on those parallelograms.

They may be adult-like physically, but they're minors otherwise - still dependents, still living at home, and still reliant upon adults to be mentors, not sex partners. Children romantically involved with an adult tend to have all sorts of problems: shame, anxiety, lowered self-esteem, depression, vulnerability to drug and alcohol abuse, and an impaired ability to judge the trustworthiness of others, according to David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire.

Victims of sex abuse also are at higher risk for suicide, and may become adult sexual abusers themselves as a way of trying to gain psychological control over their own experience. The fact that not all people suffer long-lasting emotional damage as a result of such early sexual experiences surely doesn't justify relaxing our standards.

Instead, adults attracted to minors might do the grownup thing and seek psychological help. Kids will find ways enough to complicate their lives without the help of adults lost in their own narcissism.

Kathleen Parker is a popular syndicated columnist and director of the School of Written Expression at the Buckley School of Public Speaking and Persuasion in Camden, South Carolina

----------------------------

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

Ga. Woman Says Teen Groom Wooed Her

ATLANTA (AP) -- A 37-year-old woman who is seven months pregnant by her 15-year-old groom says she prefers older men, but the teenager aggressively wooed her.

Lisa Clark, who is charged with child molestation, statutory rape and enticing a child for indecent purposes, said in television interviews Monday that she still hopes to make a life with him and their baby.

She said the morality of their relationship was open to debate, noting that in the past it was common for 13-year-old girls to be given in marriage.

"They're making a big deal out of a 15-year-old," she told WAGA-TV in Atlanta. "And I can assure you that he was no victim.

"It's not like they are making it out to be. Actually, I'd told him 'no' several times because I prefer someone older, but he was just so nice and so sweet," she said.

The boy, who had been on probation on an unrelated burglary charge, was ordered Monday to return to juvenile detention after relatives he was living with said they could not handle him.

Clark was arrested last month after the couple's Nov. 8 wedding. Georgia law allows children of any age to marry - without parental consent - if the bride-to-be is pregnant. The law dates to the early 1960s and was written to discourage out-of-wedlock births.

Clark denied marrying the teen to try to avoid prosecution.

"I told the detective that I got married because I wanted the baby to have his name. I wanted to be married when the baby came," she said.

Clark said the baby is a boy and would have the middle name of her new husband, who has not been identified by authorities because of his age.

Any 17 year-old who has sex with an 11 year-old must be arrested and prosecuted to the extent that the law allows. There is NO gray area here, even this child knows it was rape. That is why she uses the word RAPE. This is one of the best examples of the liberal mindset, though I must admit that only fanatical (or EXTRA fanatical)liberals would be in favor of what p.p. did in this case. The more disturbing point to me is that they posted this proudly on the website. Any person who protects a rapist of children should be arrested and imprisoned.