+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

Has Devine Inner vention Ever Happened To You?

I believe it has to me several times, Im currious if anyone else believes that its ever happened to them..
    Last edited by war_man; 12-11-2005 at 11:11 PM.
    war_on_scam

Re: Has Devine Inner vention Ever Happened To You?

Yes, it has...for me, divine intervention has happened, and I am thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Yes, it has...for me, divine intervention has happened, and I am thankful.
    I wonder boone did i spell it wrong or did you? Just wondering. I think people will understand what i mean by it anyway.. " So tell your Story"
    war_on_scam

This is where God intervines in your life taking away maybe something you think you should have, and replacing it with something you need much more in your life to help you on your long road towards completing it.
    war_on_scam

I think it is just two words, and I guess that is how I got used to spelling it. Yep, if it is the wrong spelling, peeps will still know what it means.

I can TRY to explain a fraction (maybe) of my story i.e. what/how it happens. I have a lot of respect for it, as yeah, I believe it comes from God. I am careful to not be fooled by the devil (as IT can be deceptive).

There are things I guess I personally just come to know, or feel I am told, not to be prideful or brag at all!

...I have to call them more than a gut feeling...it is also that I had a dream before me and my husband met...I had him clearly come to me in a dream (several months before we set eyes on each other) and he smiled, in the dream. I told people about it, because I "knew." He actually had me come to him also, in a dream, before we met...we each didn't want to tell each other at first, as we were both afraid that the other would think, "geez, what a weird-o" LOL

Gentle or forceful tuggings, like guiding hands, have kept me safe, or out of a potential, bad situation.

I.E. Once, during a period of my life that was real difficult and depressing, I was living by myself in my grandparent's house with permission (my grampa just went to the nursing home but still had a sound mind- my gram had been there for several mos. with Alzheimer's). I was getting divorced. Anyway, that wasn't the whole depressing/difficult part. The tough part was the false accusations that some of my family members had drummed up against me, making themselves look like fools to the police, social workers, some of the other relatives- I even went to a domestic abuse shelter as I was frightened. Anyway, one night as it was getting dark, I had to call a friend, and something told me to turn all the lights out in the house. Something told me to take the cordless outside, and though it was cold, I did- I went onto the back porch and talked to my friend, all the while looking...south...toward the street 1/2 a block away, through the houses, saw a truck with a snowmobile in the back...it was dark...but, I had the thought that that might be my uncle's truck - wasn't sure...too dark...I dashed in the back door, and locked it and I knew the front door was locked...thoughts "my own uncle, and another uncle, as well- how could they betray me...2 Judas's...after all these years being part of my life, and then turning on me." My heart started pounding and I sat in the dark on stairway facing the front door, knowing that it was them- could hear them coming up to the door...they pounded repeatedly and were out there spewing venom..."I wouldn't wish this on anybody...grandma and grampa if you were 'here' this would not be happening- I know you would be angry over this...you both have always been here for me, I go see you's in the nursing home, and it is hard...your one son (that's pounding on the door right now-won't even go see you, and wasn't around much as of late...mom has said bad things to me about both her brother's, but now she is against me too)...

WOW...(tears flowing) some of the pain relived...the county had sent me to counseling at the time, as one of the social workers knew my family situation for many years, from when I was little- she married into the family...so, her and another county worker knew that it was trying for me, and that my ma and uncles were grasping at straws. My own mother. I have not spoke to her in years. I've tried my best to forgive...forget? Try to do that, too.

Enough of that.

I will have to post more later, hope this helps in the mean-time.

Really Great of you to share that in my thread boone im honered, And really look foward to hearing more of this story, I believe Devine Inner vention happens in a small way to each and everyone of us everyday "God is everywhere" if you believe in him and allow him into your heart. I really look foward to reading more of your story boone, and thanks..
    war_on_scam

You are welcome- thanx for the kind words, war_man. I agree with you: divine intervention happens in a small way to each and everyone of us everyday and "God is everywhere" if you believe in him and allow him into your heart.

I could never in a million years disbelieve this.

It is more than just a coincidence, many times, when things work out well- how things just fall into place- all the way from small things to the other end of the spectrum. God always answers prayer, I think, whether it is "yes" or "no" or "not yet." Even in finances, I believe "to whom much is given much is required" and that if a person obeys and is responsible with their funds, and does good things with their $, the person will further be rewarded. That phrase also applies in other areas of life. I believe if a person has the desire to obey His rules, and does to the best of their ability (some camps would call this "a conscience") then His favor is granted.

I have had some real doozies in life- oh boy- some I didn't think I was going to make it through ("Footprints" come to mind for these), but the real GOOD doozies have been divine intervention, and that is all they could be, as they couldn't of happened without it.

Quote Originally Posted by boone
    You are welcome- thanx for the kind words, war_man. I agree with you: divine intervention happens in a small way to each and everyone of us everyday and "God is everywhere" if you believe in him and allow him into your heart.

I could never in a million years disbelieve this.

It is more than just a coincidence, many times, when things work out well- how things just fall into place- all the way from small things to the other end of the spectrum. God always answers prayer, I think, whether it is "yes" or "no" or "not yet." Even in finances, I believe "to whom much is given much is required" and that if a person obeys and is responsible with their funds, and does good things with their $, the person will further be rewarded. That phrase also applies in other areas of life. I believe if a person has the desire to obey His rules, and does to the best of their ability (some camps would call this "a conscience") then His favor is granted.

I have had some real doozies in life- oh boy- some I didn't think I was going to make it through ("Footprints" come to mind for these), but the real GOOD doozies have been divine intervention, and that is all they could be, as they couldn't of happened without it.
    I have really enjoyed your pesence on this thread bonne it has been an honer. And Good Luck with what ever life throws your way. :)
    war_on_scam

That's very nice of you, war_man; thanks for starting a great thread. Please do not hesitate to post some of what has happened to you in this department- would like to hear about your experiences.

Also, anybody else care to share? There must be others who feel that they have had divine intervention.

It's been an incredible journey to where I am now. And He's not through with me yet!
    One day on my way to work God spoke to my heart and asked me to pray for someone at work. I had no idea who! So I began praying in the direction I thought he wanted me to go - praying for the 2 women who were going through horrible divorces. I then asked Him to direct my prayers where He wanted me to go. My prayer then took a turn toward another gal who had migrane headaches ALL the time! ! ! So, I prayed about her HA's. But I felt that's not what he'd intended me to pray for. So, I just asked that whatever need she may be having, whatever hurt she may be experiencing, or whatever trouble she may being working through that He would take over and take control and bring her through. About 1/2 hour after I arrived at work, she was standing in front of the filing cabinet with tears in her eyes, reddened from crying. I touched her sholder and asked her how she was doing (forgetting about the prayer for the moment). She shook her head, began sobbing and ran back to her seat, laying her head down on her desk. I told her if she needed to talk, she knew where I was. I never found out what what troubling her. But, I knew God was taking care of it!

That's a great example! And you are right- He ain't through with you yet- what a blessing, eh? I guess He ain't through with me yet either; what a ride it has been...(LOL) made me think of that Grateful Dead song, but Jerry was singing about a different type of ride, I guess...hope he isn't regretting that now.

does sittin on the couch munchin on chips watchin the tube and suddenly remembering you put a beer in the freezer count!?DO YOU KNOW HOW TERRIBLE A FROZEN BEER IS!!but hey......i'm sure i'll work my way up to miracles anytime now!!hehe!!

Posted December 25, 2005

Do you believe in miracles?

Many central Wis. Christians say they do

By Deb Cleworth
    Central Wisconsin Sunday

Amy Meadows Gwidt of Plover believes she has seen Jesus bring a dead man to life.

It was the Saturday before Christmas in 2002, and she said she watched as a four-wheel-drive pickup crashed into a car driven by a dentist from La Crosse.

The dentist, she said, had no pulse when she helped the First Responders pull him from the wreckage. So she placed her hand on his forehead and prayed over him: "In the name of Jesus I pray you do this thing today, not because I am worthy, but because you are able, that they would know you are alive."

"In the name of Jesus Christ, I speak life to you," Meadows Gwidt said, recalling her words. "In the name of Jesus Christ, I speak breath to you."

The man's chest heaved as he took a breath, she said, "like he was jolted. And he opened his eyes and squeezed my hand, and said, 'What is this?'"

Meadows Gwidt had an answer: It was a miracle. And she's not alone among central Wisconsin Christians who believe in miracles, including the ultimate one they celebrate today on Christmas -- the birth of Jesus Christ.

Mention the word miracle to Georgianne Elsen of Nekoosa and her mind -- and faith -- go to her son, Craig.

"I'm looking at my miracle right now," she said in an interview Friday.

Craig, now 4, is the sixth child of seven pregnancies. Elsen, 42, and her husband, Kenneth, 39, consider him a miracle child because of how hard he fought for his life at birth.

He was born with a rare condition called persistent pulmonary hypertension. It occurs in some newborns when the blood vessels of the lung do not adjust normally during the transition to breathing air at birth.

Infants with the disorder usually have at least one of two heart valves shut at birth. Both of Craig's were open.

"That's why he is truly a miracle," she said. "I would say that God definitely intervened. It was God's miracle that healed him."

That is the definition of a miracle, as far as Betty Embke is concerned.

"Miracles to me are divine intervention by God, and no one else," said Embke, owner of Christian Books and Gifts in Marshfield.

She has owned the store for 16 years and said many customers share stories of miracles with her.

"They realize God is moving in their lives," she said.

"We don't believe anything is happening by luck or circumstance. Everything that happens is planned by God; he directs our lives."

Elsen believes that to be true, even though not everything in the family's life has had a happy ending.

The couple's fourth daughter, Clara Marie, was stillborn.

"Just being a Christian ... shows me that God is the ultimate giver and taker of life," she said. "God gave me four little girls, and took one home."

Elsen, an emergency medical technician, knew when things took a turn for the worse during her delivery by Cesarean with Craig. Her blood pressure had been high at the end of the pregnancy but sky-rocketed during the surgery.

"We were both basically fighting for our lives," Elsen said. "He was a little blue baby."

Craig was transferred to Marshfield by helicopter; Elsen was taken the next night by ambulance.

"I would say that all the odds and medical facts and diagnosis were against him," she said.

So she prayed.

"I prayed all the time about Craig, and the morning God healed his heart, I'll never forget it," she said.

"I cried out like a mother would, just to save him. I cried from my heart. I said, 'Please, Lord, don't let us lose another child.'"

Embke can relate to what she considers similar interventions.

"I can look back in my life and see things that have happened to me," she said. "It was a miracle to me, because God directed it."

Meadows Gwidt ageed all the healing comes from God.

"We're not above him," she said. "We're still people, and he does miraculous things."

The man's mother called Meadows Gwidt a couple of months after the crash to thank her, she said.

"I just kept telling her, 'It wasn't me,'" Meadows Gwidt said. "'It was God.'"

Much too funny.

i'm bettin boone snuck a post in between syniks and mine.hehe!

LOL--thanks for reminding me about that Lexx :)

And yer right.