+ Reply to Thread

Rewards Venue - do they speak English?

OMG - I've contacted RV to find out if DH could cancel South Beach & Zone Diet before they showed up as "in progress". He paid for both and now wants to cancel before they start autoshipping/billing the account. They are sooo stupid!

Both sites say that you have to stay on for 4 weeks minimum but the initial charge is for something like 12 weeks. If you cancel by week 4, you can get a refund on the remaining 8 weeks.

Now this is not too hard to understand but everytime I contact RV, they answer like they have no freakin clue. I get responses like, you can not try to become a member - duh, I'm not trying to become a member, I'm trying out the product, I'm already a member.

It's a case of who's on first, what's on second with them.

Anyone else have these problems with them?

Re: Rewards Venue - do they speak English?

Quote Originally Posted by carscheles
    OMG - I've contacted RV to find out if DH could cancel South Beach & Zone Diet before they showed up as "in progress". He paid for both and now wants to cancel before they start autoshipping/billing the account. They are sooo stupid!

Both sites say that you have to stay on for 4 weeks minimum but the initial charge is for something like 12 weeks. If you cancel by week 4, you can get a refund on the remaining 8 weeks.

Now this is not too hard to understand but everytime I contact RV, they answer like they have no freakin clue. I get responses like, you can not try to become a member - duh, I'm not trying to become a member, I'm trying out the product, I'm already a member.

It's a case of who's on first, what's on second with them.

Anyone else have these problems with them?
    No, but that is because I never thought to contact RV to ask them if it is "OK" to cancel my business with the company that hired them to get my business in the first place. Your question is better directed at SouthBeach, not at RV.

Gigante Guest

Yeah, contacting RV about something with SouthBeach is pointless.

I'm going to file this thread under "things not to do when getting free stuff." I'm pretty sure you're going to have a hard time completing the site now.

Quote Originally Posted by DethLOK
    I'm going to file this thread under "things not to do when getting free stuff." I'm pretty sure you're going to have a hard time completing the site now.
    LOL. My thoughts exactly

LMAOOOOOOO You Guys are so mean.. But she did have it coming why in the heck would you call RV and ask if you could cancel 2 offers now or do you HAVE to wait till they show in your account ... shadyness written all over it.. and you have to pay for a month anyway if you're that hard up for less than 90 bucks ..you should not have attempted the site.... if you would have searched the forum you would have found your answer "yes you can cancel them before they show in progress" they're are batched in at a particular time of the month, but you're getting charged for a month anyway so you might as well wait for them to go in progress.

Just stay until in progess you will have to pay a minimum of a month anyway, it is not like you are getting all your money back anyway

I am speechless.

Ouch - you all are rough!

I thought the purpose of these "freebie" sites was to get people to try the product. I know that they make money when people continue buying the product but on the marketing end, I gave it a try and it wasn't for me. There are actually some products I have tried for the first time (through these sites) and will keep. So they are making some money off of me.

Sorry if the question of whether I could cancel these has already been answered. Some of these threads have thousands of posts and it's pretty hard to read through/find all the info.

Anyway - for those of you who've delt with RV's customer service before, I'm sure you've seen the same thing - ask a question, get a response that wasn't even close to the information you were seeking.

Sorry if I offended anyone :confused:

it's just that asking the company who profits from your business when you can cancel yet still get your gift is kinda like... It's kinda like calling the cops to report that someone stole your cocaine and meth stash... I just don't think they're going to help you in the way you want help.

Quote Originally Posted by LucaBella
    it's just that asking the company who profits from your business when you can cancel yet still get your gift is kinda like... It's kinda like calling the cops to report that someone stole your cocaine and meth stash... I just don't think they're going to help you in the way you want help.
    Too funny...and too true. Carscheles: I don't think youv'e offended anyone, or should not have asked the question to this thread. I think the point is, you can't expect RV to guide you through the cheapest way to get your free gift. I am shocked that RV bothered at the attempt to answer your question at all. From now on, if you have a question...just ask this board. Stay away from email contact with RV....please....for your own sake.

So thats what happened when they got the picture on your name....

It's kinda like calling the cops to report that someone stole your cocaine and meth stash
    Oh, I don't plan on doing that again. ;)

Okay, I get it, if I have any more questions I'll come here before contacting the company. :)

Quote Originally Posted by tjwor
    So thats what happened when they got the picture on your name....

yeah, those cops are tricky... they never do what they say they'll do...

Operator: Would you like to report a crime? We can send someone to help you.
    Me: Well yes I would! come on over....

Quote Originally Posted by carscheles
    Oh, I don't plan on doing that again. ;)

Okay, I get it, if I have any more questions I'll come here before contacting the company. :)

Here's the general rules...

1. If you have a question about your gift... Ask RV.

2. If you have a question about service from an offer you tried... ask the service provider.

3. If you want to know about the cancelling offers or the best way to get your free gift through RV by signing up for service providers... Ask us.

Sorry if we seemed kinda harsh... I actually thought you were joking.