+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Republicans, support the war effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    The natives are never going to be happy. Lets face it, their population dropped by 90% since before we got to North America, and we claimed most of their land and left them a small piece. Of course, there's going to be challenges, as there are in the states.

- Ronald
    Actually I heard that General Custard killed off many of them in the US and ended up driving a lot of others into Canada. Whether that is true or not, I would have to look again. It has been many years since I read about that.

My newfie friend told me that in Newfoundland, in history, all but one native were killed outright to avoid problems in the future. Not that I would take that stance, but they don't have the same problem as many other provinces in Canada today because of it.

Some of the natives in BC were raised that, if they see something that they want, that a white man has, they can take it. This is why some cities have a high auto theft problem.
    "Whitey" is a nickname they have given the caucasian race. "Red power" is something I have seen written on bathroom stall walls and makes a person think of different groups like others who state "white power" etc...

There is resentment on the native side and on the whites side. For different reasons, but the government is ultimately to blame for allowing things to keep going as they do. In today's society, it isn't feasible to just give back the land that the ancestors took. We can't keep living in the past. I was told by others in BC that the natives in BC have basically claimed 104% of all the land in the province. How is that possible ? And it isn't realistic either. It will take a lot to work this issue out.

The Nisgaa tribe in BC was awarded a large chunk of land and a large sum of money. But I believe if my memory is correct, that once the $400 million is spent, they get no more. They are now totally self sufficient. Maybe it is a model to see how this tribe fares.

I truly believe that there are some bands that cannot be left to fare for themselves. A lot of the knowledge and ways of sustaining themselves have been lost. Factor in the Fetal alcohol syndrome, substance abuse, (like sniffing gasoline, drugs or alcohol), and incest which is rampant on some reserves, and it has really degenerated certain bands/tribes. They may forever be dependants of the government.
    It is a sad situation that needs to be taken care of. They shouldn't be left in the conditions that they are presently.

They aren't happy because they have been scammed, and they know it. These feelings have been passed down from generation to generation. If a person wants to debate that, one cannot debate how the natives perceive their situation or how they have been unjustly dealt with.

Canada is actually an Indian word for "village" which is how we got our name.

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    Ronald I am really trying to make sense of your post.

On one had you are glad that the Allied Forces defended the world against Hitler so we did not have to live under the Third Reich. Yet is it wrong to kill any person for the "benefit" of others.

On the other hand, you are saying the people of Iraq should continue to live under the reign of Saddam because it is wrong to kill people for the "benefit" of others.

To say 30,000 people would be alive today if Bush had simply stationed the US military inside Iraq is a HUGE assumption. That is exactly what we did in 2003, redeployed troops into Iraq to make sure no WMDs where ever produced. Crazy thing happened, Saddams Troops started shooting at the coalition forces.

I am not trying to argue with you here, but do you not see the hypocrisy in your comments about Hilter and Saddam? Ok to defeat the third Reich, that affects me, not ok to defeat Saddam it does not affect me?
    Absolutely. There is no hypocrisy once you acknowledge the huge differences between Hitler and Saddam.

Hitler was determined to exterminate all Jews. Saddam isn't anywhere near as determined. He is anti-semetic, and doesn't approve of Israel's existence, but he isn't rounding them up to Auchwitz. Yes, I'll admit, there is a similarity, but a HUGE DIFFERENCE in threat level. We had alternatives to dealing with Saddam that didn't involve any blood bath.

Hitler invaded all of Europe, and was determined to conquer THE ENTIRE WORLD! Saddam TRIED to invade Kuwait, and failed miserably. His military was reduced in power incredibly, and the U.S. has had them by the balls since then. The war against Saddam was already won, thank God, but not against Hitler.

Hitler had such an iron will, he took his own life. Saddam, being the pathetic rat he is, was found hiding in a hole. There is a big difference between these two men. Please do not compare them. Hitler had to be dealt with with the same determination he had in conquering the world.

Policing Iraq would have saved billions of dollars and thousands of lives. It was an unexplored, undiscussed option. There were no WMDs, and thousands of people are now dead and wounded because of that imcompetent, irresponsible claim or devious lie.

I don't want to hear any new stories. Bush said he had intelligences of WMDs, and there weren't any, and now all you have is excuses. "Well, he... killed his own people in the 1980s (now you suddenly care) and shot at coalition forces."

Okay, first of all, in order for them to shoot at the coalition, the coalition must have invaded their country by now. Wouldn't you shoot at anyone that invades your country, as would any soldier in any other country?

There are at least 30 000 people dead that could be alive today. There is no hypocrisy in holding Bush accountable for his intelligence mistake, a mistake that has killed these people, and if we can correct it, can save thousands of more casualties. It is just the right thing to do.

- Ronald
    Last edited by Ronald; 12-23-2005 at 10:11 AM.

Absolutely. There is no hypocrisy once you acknowledge the huge differences between Hitler and Saddam.
    Ronald you said and I quote "it is wrong to kill any person for the "benefit" of any number of others."

Yet you think it was ok for the world to kill people during WWII because it allowed YOU not to live under the Third Reich.

You lose ALL credibility with these kind of statements as well. "I don't want to hear any new stories." because if you do not want to hear any news stories you don't really want to understand anything about what is going on. But then you probably already know everything that needs to be known simply by "feel".

You said the US could have simply placed troops in Iraq. But in doing that, you called it an invasion and said that is why they got shot at.

It is simply a matter of you really hate the Iraqi people and do not want them tohave the same freedoms you enjoy. You do cover it up well, but that is what it boils down to. You hate them, you hate the US, and you do not want to learn anything that does not support your "feelings".

Ronald you said and I quote "it is wrong to kill any person for the "benefit" of any number of others."

Yet you think it was ok for the world to kill people during WWII because it allowed YOU not to live under the Third Reich.

You lose ALL credibility with these kind of statements as well. "I don't want to hear any new stories." because if you do not want to hear any news stories you don't really want to understand anything about what is going on. But then you probably already know everything that needs to be known simply by "feel".

You said the US could have simply placed troops in Iraq. But in doing that, you called it an invasion and said that is why they got shot at.

It is simply a matter of you really hate the Iraqi people and do not want them tohave the same freedoms you enjoy. You do cover it up well, but that is what it boils down to. You hate them, you hate the US, and you do not want to learn anything that does not support your "feelings".
    I feel the same about you. I think it is you who look at the Iraqi people as an expendible loss to gain you a false sense of security after 9/11. Like I said, democracy is always good when the people earn it and make the initial move towards it. But I am against creating one more democracy even if it means killing thousands of civilians. Their lives are not your bartering chips to trade in for it. These are stolen lives, without their consent, and it is immoral of you to lust after this.

The Iraqis didn't shoot at the U.N. inspectors. Have coalition forces occupy the country. Obviously, there will be friction since the U.S. did defeat Saddam in war. But that is a problem that is easier dealt with than the violent way.

I said I don't want to hear "new" stories to say that if there were others reasons to invade Iraq that were not mentioned before the invasion, I don't want to hear it. Bush said there were WMDs there, and that was the reason I supported the invasion initially. There weren't. I don't care about all your new ways to spin this war. It never should have happened. Either Bush lied, or is dangerously incompetent.

- Ronald

I feel the same about you. I think it is you who look at the Iraqi people as an expendible loss to gain you a false sense of security after 9/11. Like I said, democracy is always good when the people earn it and make the initial move towards it. But I am against creating one more democracy even if it means killing thousands of civilians. Their lives are not your bartering chips to trade in for it. These are stolen lives, without their consent, and it is immoral of you to lust after this.

The Iraqis didn't shoot at the U.N. inspectors. Have coalition forces occupy the country. Obviously, there will be friction since the U.S. did defeat Saddam in war. But that is a problem that is easier dealt with than the violent way.

I said I don't want to hear "new" stories to say that if there were others reasons to invade Iraq that were not mentioned before the invasion, I don't want to hear it. Bush said there were WMDs there, and that was the reason I supported the invasion initially. There weren't. I don't care about all your new ways to spin this war. It never should have happened. Either Bush lied, or is dangerously incompetent.

- Ronald

These right-wing whack jobs always have another dodge in their futile attempts to escape the glaring venality of their lies and hypocrisy.

It's as if nobody rememebers or noticed how the purported rationale and phony pretexts for Bush's War shifted from the BS about WMDs to, now, imposing on the Iraqis our special brand of "democracy" which is actually resulting in a Shiite theocracy in Iraq. In fact, Saddam's secular society was more similar to our own culture than the society which is evolving out of the ruins in Baghdad.

These people are not just liars. They are ignorant, immoral and stupid liars.

Using their perverse rationale, I could break into your house by falsely claiming I spotted some flames from the street. Then I could steal your belongings by claiming I intended to protect them from intruders.

These people are simply endemic of a virulent national disease. The Germans, Japanese and Russians suffered from it in the 20th Century. And now the virus has spread like wildfire here since the Bush Regime was installed. These people need treatment, not debate.
    Last edited by dante; 12-23-2005 at 09:10 PM.

I somewhat agree, but with all due respect, Nazi Germany, Nazi ally and Pearl Harbor attacker and China oppressor Japan, and the Communists of the Soviet, especially under Stalin, simply had it coming. However, I am very much against using atom bombs on any civilian target and the bombing of Dresden.

But eventually, all armies find their way to school history text books.

- Ronald

Okay, you sick SOB. Here's your lie. You are lying. It is sad for people who CARE that Iraqi civilians are dying. It isn't sad for you. You don't care. You don't want to hear about it, not when it's the U.S. military doing it. You just want to hear the good news, and block out as much as you can all the negatives.

There was a clip in Fahrenheit 9/11 of an Iraqi mother weeping for five of her relatives who were killed under U.S. bombs, crying out to God for justice and liberation. There was a clip of Iraqis digging up the bodies of children after an air strike among the rubble of buildings.
    - Ronald

Here is a shining example of the love and understanding that Jesus can bring to someone. Note the calm way in which his points are made, always cognizant of anothers feelings and beliefs. It is the teachings of Jesus that can lead us to this gentle place, and it is his teachings that have obviously had a profound affect on our young poster.

I wonder if Jesus would cut 'n' paste video and present it is a documentary to fool the less bright among us? I doubt it. He was against taking advantage of those without education, those unable to seperate fact from fantasy, an actual event from a put-on. However, I doubt very much that those who are too lazy to do a tiny bit of research would earn His respect or sympathy for their resultant stupidity .

Ronald....

Somewhere along the lines of posting/reading/insulting you seem to have gotten me confused with someone else. I think it started back during "Canada has racism issues/No it doesn't" debate.

It was around that time you began to call me racist and make comments that left me scratching my head. Now you say "I think it is you who look at the Iraqi people as an expendible loss to gain you a false sense of security after 9/11." which makes me beleive you do in fact have me slightly confused with someone else.

So you can better understand where I am coming from here or a few of my beliefs about the current events being discussed.

Saddam's Iraq was a terrible stain on humanity. His actions over the past 30 years are horrendous. He needed to be removed from power.

The US should have taken him out in the first Gulf War, we didn't and I think that was a mistake.

President Bush used the wrong reasons to base his build up to war with Iraq on, even though it was the intelligence (and investigations since agree) that said IRAQ had WMDs not Bush making something up.

There where many reasons stated and many more that should have been stated for taking Saddam out. I am sorry you supported it based only on the WMD claims. I can see why you feel you where tricked.

It would have been much easier and less bloody to send in a couple of special forces teams and put a bullet in the head of Saddam and his sons, then the Iraqis would have had an opportunity to rise up and take back their country. Much less blood shed at the hands of foriegn troops.

The War on Terror is a fight the world not only should engage, but MUST engage with military force. You can not reason with terrorist groups.

Sept 11, 2001 was NOT an event that was planned by nor carried out by Saddam's Iraq.

Saddam's Iraq did support Terrorist groups and should have been a target to combat terrorism in the world.

It is a great tragedy that 30,000 probably innocent civilians have lost their life in this conflict with Iraq. They are not meaningless people, it is a terrible tragedy that no words can ever express.

The hunt for Osama has not ended, he very well may be dead though.

President Bush is not an uneducated, unintelligent leader. He could use some new speech writers and grammer lessons. I do not agree with all his actions, but I do believe that unless there is proof, countless attacks with false stories is bad for this country and the world.

Liberals, the far left ones, are doing everything they can to destroy this country.

Congress needs to wise up and stop spending money we do not have.

Hillary, Kerry, Kennedy, and Dean are going to kill the Democratic Party and that is unforgivable.

Canada is a wonderful place, it has its problems just like every other country in the world.

North Korea needs to be addressed and dealt with.

Iran needs to be addressed and dealt with.

Democracy in Iraq can work, it will not likely resemble that of the US and should not be expected to. They have a different culture, but that is not grounds that democracy will fail.

Africa is in dire straights. Real support for the people of Africa should be a very big concern not only of the US and Canada, but the world. We (the world) are doing much to help Africa, but we can not fix the problem until the corrupt leaders there are either replaced or decide they are going to look out for their people.

Africa does not need our food charities as much as they need our technical assistance. Feeding them is not a long term solution. Teaching them to feed themselves is a much better alternative and that will require major changes in African Nations policies.

I think that about covers the recent debates. If you want to know what I think on a subject just ask. You don't need to reort to name calling or trying to tell me I am a scum, loser, hater, or whatever. Tht is not getting us anywhere.

Maybe Ronald needs to find something useful to do instead of resorting to name calling. I can resort back to childhood again and give him a suggestion...

Ronald....

Somewhere along the lines of posting/reading/insulting you seem to have gotten me confused with someone else. I think it started back during "Canada has racism issues/No it doesn't" debate.

It was around that time you began to call me racist and make comments that left me scratching my head. Now you say "I think it is you who look at the Iraqi people as an expendible loss to gain you a false sense of security after 9/11." which makes me beleive you do in fact have me slightly confused with someone else.

So you can better understand where I am coming from here or a few of my beliefs about the current events being discussed.

Saddam's Iraq was a terrible stain on humanity. His actions over the past 30 years are horrendous. He needed to be removed from power.

The US should have taken him out in the first Gulf War, we didn't and I think that was a mistake.

President Bush used the wrong reasons to base his build up to war with Iraq on, even though it was the intelligence (and investigations since agree) that said IRAQ had WMDs not Bush making something up.

There where many reasons stated and many more that should have been stated for taking Saddam out. I am sorry you supported it based only on the WMD claims. I can see why you feel you where tricked.

It would have been much easier and less bloody to send in a couple of special forces teams and put a bullet in the head of Saddam and his sons, then the Iraqis would have had an opportunity to rise up and take back their country. Much less blood shed at the hands of foriegn troops.

The War on Terror is a fight the world not only should engage, but MUST engage with military force. You can not reason with terrorist groups.

Sept 11, 2001 was NOT an event that was planned by nor carried out by Saddam's Iraq.

Saddam's Iraq did support Terrorist groups and should have been a target to combat terrorism in the world.

It is a great tragedy that 30,000 probably innocent civilians have lost their life in this conflict with Iraq. They are not meaningless people, it is a terrible tragedy that no words can ever express.

The hunt for Osama has not ended, he very well may be dead though.

President Bush is not an uneducated, unintelligent leader. He could use some new speech writers and grammer lessons. I do not agree with all his actions, but I do believe that unless there is proof, countless attacks with false stories is bad for this country and the world.

Liberals, the far left ones, are doing everything they can to destroy this country.

Congress needs to wise up and stop spending money we do not have.

Hillary, Kerry, Kennedy, and Dean are going to kill the Democratic Party and that is unforgivable.

Canada is a wonderful place, it has its problems just like every other country in the world.

North Korea needs to be addressed and dealt with.

Iran needs to be addressed and dealt with.

Democracy in Iraq can work, it will not likely resemble that of the US and should not be expected to. They have a different culture, but that is not grounds that democracy will fail.

Africa is in dire straights. Real support for the people of Africa should be a very big concern not only of the US and Canada, but the world. We (the world) are doing much to help Africa, but we can not fix the problem until the corrupt leaders there are either replaced or decide they are going to look out for their people.

Africa does not need our food charities as much as they need our technical assistance. Feeding them is not a long term solution. Teaching them to feed themselves is a much better alternative and that will require major changes in African Nations policies.

I think that about covers the recent debates. If you want to know what I think on a subject just ask. You don't need to reort to name calling or trying to tell me I am a scum, loser, hater, or whatever. Tht is not getting us anywhere.
    Reg, he is still young right ? He is probably one of those statistics that still lives at home with his mommy, using her credit cards, her computer, and staying at home doing nothing while she goes and works to support them.
    He must suffer from some repressed childhood anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    Reg, he is still young right ? He is probably one of those statistics that still lives at home with his mommy, using her credit cards, her computer, and staying at home doing nothing while she goes and works to support them.
    He must suffer from some repressed childhood anger.
    He is still young. Not sure if he lives with his mother.

He definitely has a very strong opinion of what the world should be doing and not doing. He is actually right in theory and wrong in practice in my opinion regarding Africa.

Wrong in regards to Iraq, and the hunt for Osama (he seems conviced that we have stopped looking).

Maybe that is assumed due to the attention the press and democrats are paying to the whole Iraq thing. Because everyone is focused on Iraq, the lack of a large presence in Afghanistan by the US military and lack of press covering anything over there, people are assuming nothing is progressing in the hunt for Osama.

testing 123