+ Reply to Thread

What's Going On Here?

Thank you Lenny for posting in support of my observation.

I managed to see it before LadyMod decided that any criticism of her, even when it is done respectively as you had done, would not be tolerated and she erased it completely from the board.

I find it puzzling that she responded to my pointing out what her and the other politically left of center here on this board wrote in response to Betamanmn's post, by locking it down and blaming me for it.

Not to mention that she demonstrated that the set of rules she came up with on this board only applies to the folks on the political right, and the folks on the left (namely, dchristie) are totally exempt from those guidelines.

Even though you are a democrat, I like you LadyMod. Now with that said, here lately you are showing everyone that you either cannot, or will not, govern this board with any measure of fairness or objectivity, and I am frankly surprised as well as disappointed by this.

Re: What's Going On Here?

I am not a Democrat, Grim. I've said that dozens of times now. You are so far off the mark on why or how people respond to a thread that I have to wonder what goes through your head most days. People respond to what they respond to, on all the threads. Most don't choose to make a criticism about how those responses are going, as if they must be strictly on topic. Yet, you chose to. I find that odd.

RegE got the thread back on track with a second thread. Let's see if that one can stay closer on topic and the pointless attacks off of it.

And I apologize for stooping to a level of humaness you find so repulsive from the left.

I forgot myself.

Lady Mod

Grim,

While I agree with your points here, it is also getting a bit old when about every other post of yours has something in it talking about how unfair Lady Mod is to the Right.

Do not assume that people reading this board can not see for themselves what is going on. No, this is not a knock on Lady Mod, it is simply pointing out that you seem to have a grudge against her and you are fighting a battle you have ZERO chance of winning. Right or wrong your position is not going to change what she does or does not do wiht regard to threads here.

It is obvious that once a thread gets to a point that the left is having a hard time defending their position the subject gets changed by them. Then, before long you are there talking about how Lady Mod is not applying the rules fairly. Next thing you know a good thread is lost in the argument about whether you are being treated unfairly, or the right is being treated unfairly, or that dchristie is getting special treatment.

Seriously....what does it matter? If you can not argue your position with out claiming foul by what you call a left wing moderator, you are in a bit of trouble.

Rarely does dchritise post something that is not from a site designed to anger and intice the right. You know that and so does everyone else. Go read the repsonse to my question to dchristie and maybe you will see that they do have some valid opinions of what should be done to calm the tensions between the Muslim World and the West. They make some very good points there.

While you post some very valid information that will likely never get agreement from the left on this forum, you also post some pretty extreme views yourself. Some of them I think you can back up and some I am not so sure about. But crying foul in every post is not helping your case any.

Just my thoughts....carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I am not a Democrat, Grim. I've said that dozens of times now. You are so far off the mark on why or how people respond to a thread that I have to wonder what goes through your head most days. People respond to what they respond to, on all the threads. Most don't choose to make a criticism about how those responses are going, as if they must be strictly on topic. Yet, you chose to. I find that odd.

RegE got the thread back on track with a second thread. Let's see if that one can stay closer on topic and the pointless attacks off of it.

And I apologize for stooping to a level of humaness you find so repulsive from the left.

I forgot myself.

Lady Mod
    My point wasn't that the responses were off topic. My point was that those of you on the left (since you refuse the "democrat" label) had chosen not to address the topic at all. The posters that lean to the left, instead chose to either criticize Bush over something not related to what was posted, or criticize conservatives members of this board.

You then ask that the rebirth of this thread try and stay closer to the topic than the first did, and I submit to you my response was a hell of a lot closer to the topic than any of the responses made by the people I mentioned in the original thread you locked down.

I would also like you to clarify something for me please.

What pointless attacks were you referring to?

Thank you.

It is obvious that once a thread gets to a point that the left is having a hard time defending their position the subject gets changed by them. Then, before long you are there talking about how Lady Mod is not applying the rules fairly. Next thing you know a good thread is lost in the argument about whether you are being treated unfairly, or the right is being treated unfairly, or that dchristie is getting special treatment.
    First, let me say I respect any rules that are laid out, and I am not asking for special treatment or any kind of exemption from the rules of this forum.

My post that inspired our moderator to lock that thread, simply stated, was a point that LadyMod disagreed with and her locking it down had nothing to do with my pointing out that dchristie launched yet another personal attack that was ignored. She said this:

Not to mention that no one appointed him "thread monitor" or sermonizer. And since that is what it has boiled down to, there's no need to keep the thread open any longer. WTG Grim.
    She made no mention what so ever of my pointing out dchristies personal attack

What I posted was an observation of how the left chose to respond to the facts that started this thread. I NEVER said or implied that being "Off topic" was wrong or should be adhered to. I simply stated in a non attacking way how those respondents chose to ignore the content and change the subject.

If that wasn't a case of our moderator stopping a discussion because she didn't agree with someones honest and supported viewpoint, then why in the hell was it locked??

...and btw reg, you didn't get to see lenny's thread where he said that what I wrote was the best synopses (or something to that effect) that he had seen about how the left chooses to (or chooses not to) deal with facts they can't dispute. He also chose to criticize in a non attacking manner how she quoted me and changed my content, among other things. That was responded to by the entire thread being removed.
    Last edited by Grim17; 12-08-2005 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    What I posted was an observation of how the left chose to respond to the facts that started this thread. I NEVER said or implied that being "Off topic" was wrong or should be adhered to. I simply stated in a non attacking way how those respondents chose to ignore the content and change the subject.
    Grim, think about this. You get under Lady Mods skin a little and honestly I don't blame her. Because of that, sometimes HUMANs do things, react to what they think the see or hear rather then what was said or shown.

If that wasn't a case of our moderator stopping a discussion because she didn't agree with someones honest and supported viewpoint, then why in the hell was it locked??
    Don't know for sure, and honestly don't care......I just reopened it so it could carry on. This is not the only forum where threas get locked and some of us don't understand why. I am a huge Green Bay Packer Fan, and threads on that forum get locked and sometimes simply go away and there was no appearant reason for it there either. There, as I did here, we simply give it a new life and carry on.

...and btw reg, you didn't get to see lenny's thread where he said that what I wrote was the best synopses (or something to that effect) that he had seen about how the left chooses to (or chooses not to) deal with facts they can't dispute. He also chose to criticize in a non attacking manner how she quoted me and changed my content, among other things. That was responded to by the entire thread being removed.
    Actually I did read that one. The removal of posts I was refer to in one of my posts did not include that one. Guess I didn't realize it had been removed.

Quoting someone and changing the content they wrote is not a major violation, expecially in the manner in which I see her changing your quotes, replacing Democrats/Liberals with Grim17. In fact I do it a lot when quoting libs here to make a point.

Now, if she where changing the content of your ORIGINAL post, you would have a valid arguement. But that would also indicate on the bottom of the post it had been modified by someone other then you. This is not something the moderator controls by the way.

Come on now, be a stand up guy and let's just drop this whole she is unfair biased crap and see how it works out. You have absolutely no chance of winning the argument and as they say; live to fight another day.

Stick to pointing out the flaws in the lefts politics (as in elected politicians). It is much more fun anyway.
    Last edited by RegulationE; 12-08-2005 at 07:04 PM.

My final word here... I hope...

I didn't have a problem with her changing the content of what I said, I was just saying that Lenny pointed that out to her.

And you seem to be giving your blessing to LadyMod not applying the rule in a fair and unbiased manner, and that is a bit puzzling.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong.

And you seem to be giving your blessing to LadyMod not applying the rule in a fair and unbiased manner, and that is a bit puzzling.
    Blessing? Hardly!

I do understand that some battles are not worth fighting, some need to be fought covertly, and some need to fought with guns blazing to the end.

Your fight (pointing out unfairness) with Lady Mod is one that needs to be fought covertly or not at all. And by covertly I mean behind the scenes and in PM. But realize you are not going to change her mind about how she does things.

Reg, you are probably one of the most sensible minded ones here. I appreciate how you look at all angles and are well informed.

Grim17; I put a note in the vent room just for you. Just in case it may be considered a "personal attack". It is in no way disrespectful, just an observation I have been seeing here in the last few weeks.

Dear Reg-E & Grim - If you feel this forum does not allow you the freedom to express your views, why stay? You seem to have the expertise to host your own forum (I humbly admit I do not) and moderate as you see fit. I just don't understand your position. If you go to visit your Aunt May's (she doesn't allow running in the living room)- you are stupid if you run in the living room. If your wife drags you to the in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner (they don't smoke)- and you light-up a cig at the dinner table between dinner and dessert you are an idiot. However, if you invite Aunt May and the in-laws over for dinner-running in your own living room and smokin' the place up is your choice -it's your house! ....just don't expect alot of return visits........

11. 12-09-2005, 09:23 AM

the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Dear Reg-E & Grim - If you feel this forum does not allow you the freedom to express your views, why stay?
    Linda49 don't get too confused by this thread. I am not saying at all that anyone is limited in expressing their views here. Personally I like the new rules just fine. Much easier to discuss opposing views when the vulgarity and personal attacks are limited. :)

I stay here because I like the fact that both sides can voice their opinions, if I wanted a cheer leader type site I am sure there are plenty out there, but then what you would learn from people who agree with you on everything?

And for the record, I am not the one complaining about the way the board is moderated, just so you know.

You seem to have the expertise to host your own forum (I humbly admit I do not) and moderate as you see fit.
    Yes I do and yes I could. Actually run an ISP based in Florida. I chose not to host or manage forums because a) it takes up tons of computer resources and b) I would need a lot of people exactly like LadyMod to keep them from becoming a war zone and I think she is quite busy here ;)

I just don't understand your position.
    My position is simple.

We know the rules, deal with them. If you don't like the way they are being enforced....leave. Just trying to get Grim to accept that. I think he is coming around.