+ Reply to Thread

dean and Murtha and kerry...oh, my!

dean and Murtha and kerry....

Each in his own way a political dupe every bit as pathetic as cindy sheehan. Each of them elevated to a position behind a microphone, each given round-the-clock coverage, each to be eventually discarded. But are they effective? Hard to say...sheehan was certainly a good operative at first, at least while she could garner sympathy from the death of her hero son. But then...

You see, liberals have a problem discussed before here on this forum(not by liberals, of course LOL)...when they sense an advantage, they are prone to 'end-zone celebrations'. This has caused them to immediately p!ss away any advantage they may have just gained by whatever tragedy befell Americans. They are not good at winning...after all, they haven't had much practice. They do not know how to act.

When does an obscure congressman from Pennsylvania become important to the democratic party? When he wants to cut and run away from Iraq? NO. You see, it is all about timing...Murtha's opinion is the same now as it was almost two years ago. It hasn't changed. But now, you see, the dems figure they can make him walk point for them and acquire some political leverage. Did it not seem a bit odd that no one else spoke for liberals at the "Murtha vote". After all, there were at least eight Republicans, most of them veterans, that stood and spoke for completing the mission. And there was Murtha, taking one for the team. Does he know that he will quickly be returned to obscurity when the war-effort nears completion? That is when dems will be jockeying for position, trying to analyze what they should 'believe' in. Imagine having no core beliefs and having to try to guess what a 'good person' would do. Or thinking about whether they can 'pull off' looking happy when the troops come home. Do you think they will let Murtha stand out in the cold until he is all alone? Like sheehan? Sure they will. They ALREADY forgot about him and he is still here.

When howard dean was made leader of the dnc, many pundits, on both sides of the aisle, were convinced that it was just a smokescreen. After all, what sense would it make to appoint the lunatic with the lampshade on his head the de facto leader of the party? Most figured that his far-left shrieking filtering in from far-left-field would make hillary seem grounded by comparison. And it does...in a way. But the reasons that he might have been useful to dems are going to start drying up in a hurry. When elections get closer, a rabid anti-defend-the-country stand from the dnc head ain't gonna play well in Peoria. Especially when troops are coming home and the Iraq mission is understood to have been a success(at least by those who hoped that it would be). Then this gibbering, giggling morons' Tourettes-like outbursts will start getting a bit more air-time, and America will (again) be aghast at the notion of this guy being in close proximity to any kind of power.

Right now, whenever he says something particularly hateful about his country or harmful to the war-effort, the press kind of slides it off to the side. Just like kerrys stuttering, nonsensical ramblings on TV the other day. If you were lucky enough to hear this hysterically funny interview, good for you. Because the media wasn't serving it up again , especially after it was spewed all over a decent-sized audience. The sound-bite is worth it's weight in gold. Two thumbs up! Of course, when kerry tells treasonous lies about our soldiers, we understand...it's just kerry. He does that during every war. It is why he is a war-hero in North Vietnam. But when you team the two of them up...whew! Talk about yer ho-ho-ho-chi-minh fest! MERRY (fill in the blank)-MAS!!

It will be quite entertaining watching liberals trying to pretend to be something they are not for next years election season. They practice all day long...every day of every year...to be able to turn it on and off on demand. How will they do? Will they finally be able to fool the Johnsons out in Missouri? The Joneses in Tennesee? What about the Smiths of anywhere but New York or L.A.? Guess what? Don't count on it.

Now, lets get on with losing this war! Right?

Re: dean and Murtha and kerry...oh, my!

Just to add to that pwrone, take for example the Dem's on capitol hill the other day going into that closed session meeting to discuss where they stand. That is a classic example of how full of bologna the democratic party has become.

When a political party has to have a closed door meeting to discuss "what they believe" it should send a red flag up to every American. There are only 2 reasons I can figure why such a meeting needed to take place, and neither one of them is very Noble. They either had to manufacture a line that they could sell the American people, which means it isn't a belief, but a political strategy... or, they had to figure out how they could state their actual beliefs without the American public truly understanding what those beliefs really are. In other words, hide what they truly believe because the American public would be outraged.

Republicans don't have to have secret meetings to discuss what they believe... We simply say it and stand behind it just as the majority of Americans do. No strategy necessary when you simply do what is right.

"The public turned against this war before I said it," Murtha said, speaking in his hometown of Johnstown, Pennsylvania.

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Just to add to that pwrone, take for example the Dem's on capitol hill the other day going into that closed session meeting to discuss where they stand. That is a classic example of how full of bologna the democratic party has become.

When a political party has to have a closed door meeting to discuss "what they believe" it should send a red flag up to every American. There are only 2 reasons I can figure why such a meeting needed to take place, and neither one of them is very Noble. They either had to manufacture a line that they could sell the American people, which means it isn't a belief, but a political strategy... or, they had to figure out how they could state their actual beliefs without the American public truly understanding what those beliefs really are. In other words, hide what they truly believe because the American public would be outraged.

Republicans don't have to have secret meetings to discuss what they believe... We simply say it and stand behind it just as the majority of Americans do. No strategy necessary when you simply do what is right.

I watched in rapt amazement pelosi's outrage about the GOP calling for a vote to determine where everyone stood on the issue(the nerve!)...and then she one-upped by organizing a 'boycott'. Whew! For a second there they almost had to decide what they believe! That was a close one!

Afterwards they said "Murtha said 'redeployment' not leaving". But no one was buying... So, then they said " He didn't mean now, he meant in six months...or...somethin'" But no one was buying...NOT EVEN MURTHA. Then Murtha said that the President did not lie about the intelligence, the intel was just wrong. THAT is when his shelf-life expired!

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the
    President save to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. To
    stand by the country, means to stand by the principles on which our great
    Republic was founded and honor everyone's rights to self-determination and
    individualism."

-President Theodore Roosevelt

No doubt that Murtha was hung out to dry by his party. He had been calling for "re-deployment" for over a year and only when the Democratic leaders thought they could use him did he get the national stage.

He should not have said the President did not lie but rather the intel was wrong....ooops....not good if you are a Democrat.

Hi Pwrone,

You are saying that politicians are acting like....uhmm....politicians. So what, are you surprised? And if you are, it is a sad waste of time. If you are not, it is a sad waste of time.

Sorry, but this kind of going on and on and on, about what the Democrats do, say, do not do, and do not say, does not teach, inform, help, anybody.

I thought a message board was supposed to at least inform, as well as debate. :confused:

DeeDee1965

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    I thought a message board was supposed to at least inform, as well as debate. :confused:
    Now what gave you such a crazy idea?
    :D

Just kidding of course!

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    "The public turned against this war before I said it," Murtha said, speaking in his hometown of Johnstown, Pennsylvania.

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Geez..You impeach others for cutting and pasting (whether or not it's true - just your own conjecture most of the time ) and you can't even type out 15 words yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Geez..You impeach others for cutting and pasting (whether or not it's true - just your own conjecture most of the time ) and you can't even type out 15 words yourself?
    Ahhh the softer side of dchristie ;)

Yes I am guilty of cutting and pasting two quotes here. Little different then entire articles, but guilty as charged. Guilt admitted...impeachment process not required.

BTW....I appreciate your response in my "what would you do" tread, very nice.