+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why Won’t the Media Report What President Bush Actually SAYS?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy4887
    I do not even understand this topic. If Bush calls a press conference during primetime hours on all the main channels, how in the world can any media source change his words until after he is finished. For those who see his adress live, they can only hear and see what Bush is saying. The spin does not happen until after the adress is made from both sides. And if you are not fortunate enough to have a tv, then you have to read between the spin of the adress after it happens.

I will say it again... Not many people see the president when he speaks, or holds a press conference. Many switch the channel and instead rely on their after prime time or early evening newscasts, or a paragraph in the news paper to give them a summery of what was said. When that summery is skewed day after day, and night after night exactly what do you expect would be accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    I will say it again... Not many people see the president when he speaks, or holds a press conference. Many switch the channel and instead rely on their after prime time or early evening newscasts, or a paragraph in the news paper to give them a summery of what was said. When that summery is skewed day after day, and night after night exactly what do you expect would be accomplished?
    I truely doubt, with our country in Bushes war right now that the least politically intrested person would turn the channel from the president right now. All of us either have relatives ,friends or aquaintences involved in Bushes Iraqi war. With the defecit booming and tax cuts for the wealthy and heating prices unaffordable, those people who were not politically active have become so under this administration. This is one true bright spot I thank Bush for, getting people so annoyed by his policies and his war that he actually got more people politcally active, from junior high school kids to senior citizens. This is a very positive step of forming a government that caters to the people instead of corporations.

Hi Grim,

If the public will turn the channel, and wait for the summary from the newspapers, what makes you think they will read the newspapers if the press reported "everything" and was unbiased?

If their attention span is that short why, and how would they assimilate large amounts of information from the newspapers?

DeeDee1965

DeeDee1965 you are right on with your last post and again with so much going on politically right now the president will have everyones undivided attention at least in my own opinion.

Because the powerful Elite controls what the press can dish out. You will never hear the whole truth. They control so much in this world of ours. The ELITE decides what makes the news. If you want to know the truth about things you have to go outside of mainstream media. Do your searches online.

Finding a story that talked about the fact the Energy Department said the aluminum tubes weren't suited for nukes is easy, but find me a story that told you that in spite of saying that, the Energy Department's overall conclusion based on all the evidence, was that Iraq had in fact resumed their nuclear program.

Finding a story where the democrats said they didn't get to see all the intelligence that the president did and this supports their position that "Bush lied", is also easy. Now try and find one that talked about the bi-partisan Silverman Commission's findings, which looked at the PDB's and intel that congress and the senate didn't see and determined that it was even more critical of Iraq than the NIE which they did see.

Finding a story on the Duelfer report saying there were "No chemical, biological or nuclear weapons found in Iraq" is also an easy find. Now find me one where the Duelfer report concluded that Saddam fully intended to resume his nuclear program when sanctions were lifted. Or how about Duelfer himself saying that those allegations that the intelligence was manipulated to fit what the president wanted are completely false.

When people site the presidents approval ratings, all this is saying is how effective the main stream media has been at convincing the American people that Bush has acted inappropriately, even though he hasn't.

So DeeDee, this isn't a matter of people being lazy, this is a matter of our media not telling both sides of the story.

I guess it doesn't really matter about how things go for Bush. This is his last term. The Republicans need to find someone else that will fill his shoes. Hopefully it is someone good and will actually work on turning this country around instead of burying in China's a$$ even more.

Camel-a$$ Kerry and Hummer Hillary aren't really suitable replacements either. It is so far looking pretty bleak for the '08 election, especially if the left has two wingnuts to choose from rather than someone solid.

war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

You freaken kill me Rawb i swear,, thats funny...........
    war_on_scam

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    I guess it doesn't really matter about how things go for Bush. This is his last term. The Republicans need to find someone else that will fill his shoes. Hopefully it is someone good and will actually work on turning this country around instead of burying in China's a$$ even more.

Camel-a$$ Kerry and Hummer Hillary aren't really suitable replacements either. It is so far looking pretty bleak for the '08 election, especially if the left has two wingnuts to choose from rather than someone solid.

I tell you who I would want to see nominated by each party in 2008

Colin Powell vs. Joe Lieberman

I would be happy with either one of those two. They both seem to have their feet planted firmly on the ground and don't succumb to the kooks in their party's.