+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NIne Zero Marketing

I saw a post about GID promotions and saw that it was not a legitimate company.... thank you for this information. What about NIne Zero?? I am sick of going to shady interviews!!!

Re: NIne Zero Marketing

hey there,
    I saw tons of ads for that nine zero marketing company. should i bother applying for a job with them or is it really a scam? let me know

I have recently encountered Nine Zero marketing through a subsidiary "Signature Concepts" based out of South Plainfield, New Jersey. Nine Zero is a legitimate business but a shady one; the entire organization is run by The Summit Group. They claim to represent organizations such as Liz Claiborne, Disney and various professional sports teams but the products are provided my Innovage (an organization of which little information is available.

Check out www.signatureconceptsinc.com , the site would lead you to believe that it is a marketing agency for high-end fashion, this is where I was fooled. The actual position entailed going door to door selling 'liz claiborne make-up'...the product has her name on it, but no where on the Liz Claiborne corporate site is there any mention of a new cosmetics line; the product was produced by Innovage (who I'm assuming bought the rights to use the name, but is not actually affiliated with Claiborne). New employees (myself included) were trained to pitch the product as an employee of Macy's or Bloomingdale's making a delivery in the neighborhood (seriously, who delivers makeup??), or say that it was a product launch and it would be premiering in Sak's 5th Ave 'next month'...next month never came. This product was never going to be sold in stores. New employees were also lied to about the product; saying it had silk-tipped brushed and some of the cosmetics had crushed crystals in them. It wasn't until I was in a 'trusted' position that I was told that none of it was true.

This is one of those pryamid organizations where you make money based on your commissions and the commissions made from the persons below you. Don't be fooled my the promise of management opportunities, they are there, but you will be spending the next four to five months soliciting dollar store quality products door to door in a pre-determined territory.

Each candidate starts in a straight commisssion based position and after a period of time you begin to build your "team"...in which you make money off of their sales. This is nothing more than a solicitors paradise, even in a management postion. In all actuality you are just making more money for the man who created the organization.

I would not waste your time with this organization, unfortunately, I did. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by misinformed; 01-10-2006 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks for the help, I just got a call back from a resume I posted, I wont bother to call back.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

S.J.A.: I think this thread needs to be moved to the "Internet Scams" forum.

i have an interview with net zero this monday is it worth it and iam desprate for a job

so iguess they just send an interview to everyone who applys

Hey rajkokramar, don't even bother going to that Nine Zero company... It's crap!!! I went one time to this company that is the same thing. They called me for an interview, and I went, but I had a feeling what it was.... But I needed a job at the time. Once I went through the interview, I still had that feeling but the way the president present it to me, it was confusing, she made it seem like we were going to be going to company after company, to present the product and try to sell it in the store.

But ofcourse that wasn't the case, I was called back on a second interview, and when I was partnered up with these 2 employees (one was the trainer and 2nd was the trainee) they took me to Brooklyn and walk a lot just trying to sell the damn flash light he had in his car. When I figured out what I was getting into, I could believe how dumb I was to fall for it again..... But if you ever get anything that advertises like Nine Zero does, don't even bother.... I believe it was a scam, and also those flash lights were crap anyway.

i just found an AD for Nine Zero Marketing, and it seemed like the perfect job for me. but when i tried to find out more about the company, i wouldnt find a single thing on google or yahoo, or even a listing in a phonebook. i found that kind of shady so i googled the company once more, and this forum came up. is what everyone say true? is that job really a scam?

someone help me out here!

So I just got a phone call from Nine Zero. I posted my resume on hotjobs and they found it and called me for an interview TOMORROW. I put them into Yahoo just to see what I could find out and I came across this...now I'm worried! Any further advice from anyone??

11. 08-08-2006, 01:57 AM

Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Reason
    didn't come out right

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by cutebabe0218
    So I just got a phone call from Nine Zero. I posted my resume on hotjobs and they found it and called me for an interview TOMORROW. I put them into Yahoo just to see what I could find out and I came across this...now I'm worried! Any further advice from anyone??
    Are you serious honey? Just read the above. If that doesn't give you a

clue then you might be the right candidate for them. You know, there is

really NO compulsion for you to go through with contacting them

further! :rolleyes:

Its not even worth it.... trust me... i don't want to be a door to door sales man.... cause thats what you end up doing is going door to door trying to tell your products to the business in the area. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!! :mad:

Hey. i just wanted to say thank you, I had an interview tomorrow morning at 9:30... luckily I was referred here by two college friends and cancelled it via phone... thanks!

OMG I have an interview with them tomorrow, but I live in central Jersey and there is no way I'm going all the way to Flushing, New York for a scam :mad: I went yahoo to look for there website and couldn't find anything. I wanted to know there accreditations and/or a little bit of their history and found neither just this website stating they were scam artists. Thank you!!!!!! I wil be watching my "Madea's Family Reunion" and enjoying my day tomorrow.

DO NOT WASTE TIME WITH ANY INNOVAGE RELATED OFFICE!! THAT MEANS NINE ZERO, SIGNATURE CONCEPTS...ANY OF THEM!!! I started out in Queens at Nine Zero and then relocated to NJ to Signature Concepts. I dealt strictly with the supposed Liz Claiborne cosmetics and everything stated above is 100% true. I wasted almost 6 months with this company and it is a total scam. I was waiting and waiting for my own office and then was being told to relocate to Chicago and pay my own way?! It is a total scam that only benefits the owner of the company. It is very easy to get sucked in because the people that work for the company are young and fun to work with. The only thing I can say that I walked away from that job with that is positive is the friends that I made and the confidence I gained from being forced to talk to people in every type of environment. You will never be shy again after a job like this! This is a dishonest company though that lies to you and teaches you to lie to others. STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!!

You People just didn't have what it takes to get to the next level of this co.
    It's not for everyone, but at the end of the day the whole picture is to run your own company. 4% of the world has 96% of the world working for them, that is a very small percentage to make it into.. Educate yourself read business books like rich dad poor dad and that exclusiveley tells you to get involved in multilevel marketing. Bottom line successful people are willing to do what others wont do now to do what others can't do later, go get a Job(Just over Broke) and work for the next 45 years of your life.