+ Reply to Thread

my thoughts on libertyleague

I posted about possibly joining this company and have decided not to. I have spoken with as many people as I could and not a single person told me they were "making a six figure income". I do believe that they're are people who do make that, but it's a very small percentage. I don't understand, if this is such a duplicatable system, shouldn't everyone be making that? I understand you don't have to pluck down the $1500 for that beyond freedom, and the only required purchase is the website. But, if you get on a three way with another advisor, they ask "how will you be paying for your beyond freedom today". To me, that's just pushy! I honestly can't see this company being around much longer. There is not a product that people can buy each month, so you will run out of people eventually. What exactly does this beyond freedom teach that I can't find elsewhere for a fraction of the cost?

Re: my thoughts on libertyleague

I also looked into Liberty League and decided to pass. The fact that the distributor makes $1000 from each $1400 Beyond Freedom sale tells me that the product is WAY overpriced - I really doubt that anyone buys it that isn't doing it just to cut a few sales off what he has to give to his sponsor. (The deal, as it was told to me, is that you can join without purchasing it, but if you do, your first 5 sales go to your sponsor. If you purchase it, you start getting commissions after 2 sales) And who are you selling it to? Other people who are being told the same thing, and are buying it for the same reason. A classic pyramid scheme! To me, no set of books/CD's is worth $1400. I've bought some terrific, life-changing books at seminars I attended, for $30 or less. Another thing that really turned me off was when I called in to the conference call that my potential sponsor set me up for, I tried to ask a question and it didn't seem like they could hear me. I know my phone wasn't muted. It made me wonder if it was a live call at all, and then - I think somewhere on this site - another posted said that Liberty League used taped calls. My "sponsor" acted like she didn't even want to work with me unless I wanted to make at least $100,000. It's hype and deceit like this that gives network marketing a bad name.

I have decided to go with USANA. I have realistic expectations and a great product.

There a many people earning a six figure income with Liberty League. Most are getting the training sales from their new members they bring in. The Beyond Freedom Conference can help you and allow you to travel to exotic locations with othter Liberty League members. It's worth the $1500. As far as money making, the potential is great. That's the problem though. Most people look at the money instead of learning the actual systems and correct information on how to earn money in any business. I recommend you contact Tony Rush if you decide to join Liberty League. I never pressure anyone into buying our package with MIM. They listen and make an educated decision for themeselves. I work with a few Liberty League reps so I know about the company. This company will never fold.

Haywood DeJarnette

Quote Originally Posted by Triple7
    This company will never fold.
    I know not a single thing about your company, Haywood, but how can anyone listen to or follow a person who makes such a statement? If history has taught us anything, it has taught us that ANY company -- in any industry -- is certainly capable of folding. To believe otherwise is just being naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple7
    There a many people earning a six figure income with Liberty League. Most are getting the training sales from their new members they bring in. The Beyond Freedom Conference can help you and allow you to travel to exotic locations with othter Liberty League members. It's worth the $1500. As far as money making, the potential is great. Haywood DeJarnette
    I don't doubt that there are people making money, but if the product being sold is basically the opportunity itself (which it is, if the only people buying it are other Liberty League "members", who buy it in order to get started faster), then it is a classic pyramid scheme. Eventually you'll run out of suckers who will pay $1495 for a set of CD's and a book. (And you don't get to travel to exotic locations for the $1495 - the conferences cost much more than that! Be honest.) LLI is not selling a PRODUCT which is a good value to CUSTOMERS. They are selling an opportunity to people who will sell the opportunity to people who will sell the opportunity to people. On the conference call I listened in to, we were even told - what you are really selling is an OPPORTUNITY. With no real product that provides for ongoing sales, each member must continually recruit to keep making money. The pyramid will eventually collapse. Some people will have made a lot of money, but most will be losers.

Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    I know not a single thing about your company, Haywood, but how can anyone listen to or follow a person who makes such a statement? If history has taught us anything, it has taught us that ANY company -- in any industry -- is certainly capable of folding. To believe otherwise is just being naive.
    I don't expect anyone to follow me....we develop and train people to be leaders not followers. Leaders make the huge incomes not followers. Yes, any company can fold, but an MLM company is at far greater risk than any direct sales company....bottom line. If you need to find out more about what we offer, click my username and visit my home page.

Haywood DeJarnette

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom04
    I posted about possibly joining this company and have decided not to. I have spoken with as many people as I could and not a single person told me they were "making a six figure income". I do believe that they're are people who do make that, but it's a very small percentage. I don't understand, if this is such a duplicatable system, shouldn't everyone be making that? I understand you don't have to pluck down the $1500 for that beyond freedom, and the only required purchase is the website. But, if you get on a three way with another advisor, they ask "how will you be paying for your beyond freedom today". To me, that's just pushy! I honestly can't see this company being around much longer. There is not a product that people can buy each month, so you will run out of people eventually. What exactly does this beyond freedom teach that I can't find elsewhere for a fraction of the cost?
    The BASIC premise of Liberty League is to direct market Beyond Freedom Self Improvement courses, and the Conferences. Just like Mentors-in-Motion and other companies, MANY people purchase just the course, and have NO intention of joining as an associate or selling the product themselves.

I think that I pointed out (i don't recall if it was this LLI thread or another) that you get out of ANYTHING only what you are willing to put into it.

That applies to following the 90 day Beyond Freedom course to improve your life and control OVER your life, AND selling the product to others.

If you don't put 100% of yourself into either, then you CAN'T BENEFIT from either. It's that simple.

For those who want to find out the truth about Liberty League from the 'horse's mouth' (as opposed to the other end....oh, he's banned now, isn't he?) click on http://www.libertyleague.com/newlifestyle , navigate the site with the tabs at the top, and MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND.

Quote Originally Posted by newlifestyle
    The BASIC premise of Liberty League is to direct market Beyond Freedom Self Improvement courses, and the Conferences. Just like Mentors-in-Motion and other companies, MANY people purchase just the course, and have NO intention of joining as an associate or selling the product themselves.

I think that I pointed out (i don't recall if it was this LLI thread or another) that you get out of ANYTHING only what you are willing to put into it.

That applies to following the 90 day Beyond Freedom course to improve your life and control OVER your life, AND selling the product to others.

If you don't put 100% of yourself into either, then you CAN'T BENEFIT from either. It's that simple.

For those who want to find out the truth about Liberty League from the 'horse's mouth' (as opposed to the other end....oh, he's banned now, isn't he?) click on http://www.libertyleague.com/newlifestyle , navigate the site with the tabs at the top, and MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND.
    Or for those of you who are serious about a real self-improvement course without any of the MLM baggage, please go to the Landmark Education website. A reputable company with a terrific product, priced fairly, with offices in most major cities around the globe.

I would like to add that "yes, people do buy the BF product and attend the conferences without being associates." And because of that, the opportunity is NOT what is being SOLD.

Liberty League offers three PRODUCTS and anyone can become an associate to sell those products for $49.95 start up and $39.95 monthly thereafter for your website!

And yes, LL offers pre-recorded overviews of the business opportunity, however they also have 26 LIVE calls that can be attended if the scheduled times fit into your schedule.

During the presentation the phone lines are muted and are opened up only when they are ready to take questions. With people yelling out in no organized fashion it is very easy for your voice to be drowned out in the hub-bub.

Angelmom, you are asked how you will be paying for BF, so the advisor knows what to do. Because BF is not paid for through the website, each advisor has their own way of billing you for it. Whether it be through paypal or waiting for you to mail or fedex a cashiers check or money order. Not pushy at all unless you can be intimidated by a simple question!
    Also, there are billions of people on this planet, how could anyone possibly run out of people? That comment is about as stupid as you saying it's stupid to buy BF. Your opinion is merely that.....YOUR OPINION! Your opinion to BF's value means nothing to those who have used the program and dramatically changed their lives in doing so.

And yes, Robink LL does not work with people who desire to stay with mainstream America and be with the 97% who don't and never will earn more than $60-$70K. They only work with those who have huge dreams and goals and are highly motivated to reach those goals. Those who are happy living in the $40-$50K income range can stay there! LL associates aren't to invest their time and energy training someone who is happy to live just above poverty level! Why would they?

Triple 7, I agree with you. Liberty League will not fold and those who wish that it would are merely intimidated by those visionaries who know they deserve more than a meager existence and have no qualms with going after it! Tony Rush is not the only person who can educate people about Liberty League, although he is an excellent reference.

Anyone who would like more information is welcome to call (800) 680-8432!

Make it a great day,
    Rhonda
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams....live the life you've imagined!

Henry David Thoreau

Just happened to be reading the comments about LLI, and had a few comments. I have been in business for many years. I have also worked in the corporate world. And I have to give cudos to Ezhomeprofits. You are probably right Angelmom04. The high income earners in LLI are not any different than in ANY other company. The movers and shakers are all at the top. That is how they got there. By being dilligent non-stoppers. It is also the same in society in general. The highest money earners in the world only represent a small persentage of the population. EVERYONE CANNOT BE AT THE TOP. THERE WOULD BE NO TOP if that was the case. LLI and virtually ALL of the companies and opportunities are only reflections of society as a whole. So do fault LLI for having that appearance. The all look the same. The only way you can be part of that upper crust, is YOU have to find a way to rise to the top. I don't know a thing specifically about LLI, as I am not a part of thier program, but it appears the programs they sell are there to help teach and motivate you to do just exactly that. The value that has to someone has nothing to do with cost or markup ROBINK. In fact, there are many "reputable" companies today who sell goods and services on the open market every single day with far greater markups and margins. And would be willing to bet that you yourself are buying some of those things with a smile on your face as you walk out the door. As an example. Have you ever bought any jewelry? Typical markups in that industry run an average of 300% - 400%. What about a can of soda? Do you know that the cost to the bottlers to fill a can of soda is about 10 -12 cents? Who is collecting the upwards of 1000% - 1200% markups? And who is paying it. You and I. And gladly doing so. What about the markup on a bubble jet ink cartridge? It cost the manufacturer 50 cents to put ink in one of those babies and we march down to the office supply store and pay anywhere from 15.00 to 50.00 for the honor of using it. I am not sure my calculator will compute that kind of markup. The point is, any product or service is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. PERIOD. And obviously LLI is selling lots and lots of conferances. As far as TRIPLE7's comment about continually recruiting. That is typical business. Every business that exists is continually looking for the next sale. Take a drive down car dealership row and look around if you don't believe me. Or pull in to the nearest grocery store. They are all doing it. RECRUITING for the next dollar. Call it what you want, but it is nothing more than the free enterprise system in full swing. Your wireless phone company is even in on it to recruit the next subscriber. Well enough rambling. Just some thoughts to keep in mind. The thing to do Angelmom04, RobinK and Triple7 is find something out there that absolutely sets you on fire with desire to do. Sink your teeth into it, rev your motor and open the gates. And before too long you will also be out there recruiting for your next PAYING customer. You will be anxious to find out how they are going to pay because it will make your bank account go ka-ching especially if there is a tidy profit/commission (ie- markup) in it for you. But more importantly, it will give you a since of satisfaction knowing that you helped a willing customer get what they wanted and/or needed. LLI associates as well as countless others in lots of different companies are no different.

Here is a post from another thread that is worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by txfan
    Looks like timmy boy got an early lump of coal from Santa :p

Enjoy!! :D

http://www.houstonpress.com/issues/2...feature_1.html
    You will see the incestuous nature of the MLM "Industry". These people move from one scam to the other. Check out the genesis of LLI and see it's roots in Global Prosperity. I don't expect any proMLMer to actually do any research on this industry. And the people running them sure don't want you to either. All the same names, same pay plans, same shills, it just goes round and round. I'm sure people thought that Global Prosperity would never go away either, or at least they said that. LLI same crap different pile.

These schemes always fail, it's just a question of time (usually 2-7 years). They know that, they will just resurface in another scam and the cycle continues. New scam, new marks, this will continue until the FTC revises some laws. This too will happen, it's just a question of time. What will accelerate this is the incredible boom in this "industry" caused by the internet. The very thing that has made them "successful" is what is going to bring them down. The sheer volume of consumer complaints will cause the FTC to finally quit ignoring this scam epedemic.