+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    633

    dchristie...just what would your plan look like?

    If you where the President and had the power, what would this world and the United States look like in 4 years or 8 years after you took over running the country?

    I ask because you rarely, if ever, seem to express your own opinions on anything here and I am interested in trying to see the ideal world from your point of view.

    Yes I am calling you to task to explain your personal view points on how things should be done.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: dchristie...just what would your plan look like?

    Well, as long as none of the resident neocons decide they have to pipe up. Reg, these kind of threads are like calling an "open season" on another member. If this turns into an attack from some of the others, this thread will be closed.

    If you were really interested, it would have been better to ask in PM.

    Lady Mod

  3. 12-05-2005, 05:32 AM

    the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    633

    Re: dchristie...just what would your plan look like?

    Nothing malicous about this topic. I am honestly curious about what dchristie thinks when it comes to the way things should be handled. I was talking to a friend of mine about the state of things in our country and how divided we appear on the surface. They said that we, as a country, are so bent on blaming people, we never take time to talk about what should be done.

    Then low and behold tonight on West Wing, the Santos character made a speech about how blaming each other accomplishes nothing. dchristie was simply the lucky one to be asked the question tonight because of a response to mine on one their many quoted article posts. I simply wonder how they think things should be and what should be done to accomplish those goals.

    Well, as long as none of the resident neocons decide they have to pipe up. Reg, these kind of threads are like calling an "open season" on another member. If this turns into an attack from some of the others, this thread will be closed.
    Nothing in my original post was negative, rude, insulting, or could be considered a jab. I am attacked by the subject of my thread time and time again without them knowing anything about me. With rare exception, I have not gotten rude, ugly, or even resorted to name calling when responding to another post. If we are not able to ask, in a straight forward and polite manner, what a poster would do if they had the power, then all this forum will remain is a place to bash the political views of one party or the other, the liberals or the conservatives, the flying monkeys or the slithering snakes.

    If you have read my posts, and I know you have, you will find I call attention to anyone who simply resorts to insults. I have backed Grim and dchristie as well as pwrone and lexx to name a few. When the conservatives on this board are out of line I let them know I think they are (and I have be branded one of them).

    No worries, lock the thread or simply delete it. Appearantly it is an inapproptiate thread because of what it may become with out even giving it a chance to develop.

  5. #4
    war_man's Avatar
    war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    256

    Re: dchristie...just what would your plan look like?

    Lady Mod. is in a very tough position here I understand why she may feel the way she feels.
    But if the chose was in my hands and its most certainly not I would say this. Of all the probush things that RequlationE stands up for that i do disagree with, His very much been very rational and doesnt go off on idiot misunderstood rants and raves, his been very easy to talk to about things, and i dont believe that his the one you have to worry about getting to out of control on topics of conversations here. I know Lady Mod. That you know best and that its completely your call, just voiceing my oppinion on RequlationE, As i know of him up until this point......... IM out of this thread you wont have to worry about me interfering anymore then i guess i probally already have....
    Last edited by war_man; 12-05-2005 at 09:14 AM.
    war_on_scam

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: dchristie...just what would your plan look like?

    Hi War-Man. It's precisely because it's RegE and not someone else that I let the thread stand. I know RegE and I know he is not malicious. He's not the one that concerns me, what concerns me is that those who look for ways to attack will use this thread only for that purpose.

    I closed one yesterday that was knocking Ronald. That was all it was designed to do, knock Ronald and Canadians. Now the same person has one just for DeeDee. In there he states that I want to ban him and he's getting tired of it.

    Considering the thread he started yesterday to criticize Ronald I had every right to ban him, as I said in the rules, I won't give warnings I'll just do it. Yet, I only warned him. Now today he addresses DeeDee and tells a falsehood about my desires.

    That's what I mean. I don't as a rule like these kinds of threads. Somebody usually get's trashed or hurt and I said I would not tolerate that. RegE isn't that kind of individual but too many others are. I hope that clears things up?

    Namaste'

    Lady Mod

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    633

    Re: dchristie...just what would your plan look like?

    War_man and Lady Mod,

    I appreciate the fact you see me for what I am. I also don't think you have to worry much about this thread as it is not likely dchristie will respond to it anyway. This poster tends to stat out of threads where they have been asked to voice their personal opinions of how things should be. I tried to get an undertanding of their position about six months ago as well with the same result.

    The post directed at Ronald and the Canadians was a bit out of line, in my opinion, even if it had some very valid points in it. Ronald did in fact step into that type of post, but most of us simply pointed out his misguided information in the thread where he brought up such points.

    I missed the DeeDee thread, will look for it because DeeDee is one of the people with an opposing view that I enjoy debating with. Debate is fun and, if one is willing, can lead to enlightenment on view points we may not have considered previously. There are a few here, about equal number on both sides, that can not seem to debate. They rather scream and shout at each other.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: dchristie...just what would your plan look like?

    When one examines the domestic and foreign policies of The Bush Regime, it's clear what shouldn't be done and what doesn't work. However, there are so many things that are broken, it's hard to put it all in context. That is reflected in the nature of the question. The effort required to adequately address the issue is one that far exceeds the confines of our rhetorical little venue here.

    However, as a brief exercise in polemics, I would respond briefly by examining the nature of our response to the most compelling issue of our time which is the so called "War On Terrorism" and, therefore, would confine my diatribe to foreign policy and the Middle East.

    The Bush Regime inherited a political conundrum that had been percolating for decades and throughout the tenures of at least eight previous American administrations. All of them were loathe to deal with the issue in a responsible and effective manner allowing it to ferment into the situation we have today. Why? It's politics.

    If we were attacked on 9/11, purportedly by 19 Arab "terrorists", let's stipulate (for the sake of argument) that there are no other nuances or elements underlying the incident (which is deeply in question ) and accept it on face value alone.

    The first thing that Bush did was announce to the American people that we were attacked because somebody "hates our freedom". That was a totally nonsensical, treasonous lie. To apply such bald faced mendacity to the incident during a time of such crisis about an issue so grave and complex, was an act of fraud against The American People.

    That was the type of fraud meant to deceive the people as it grossly ignores, discounts and oversimplifies the root causes. And the purpose is to provide simplistic excuses to the simple minded,thereby, evading the truth about the issues. Such an absurd lie in a series of lies and deceptions to follow, revealed the contempt that Bush and his cohorts have for the intelligence of the average citizen. Sadly, Bush, Cheney and their henchmen have been more correct about that than their other reckless and obscene tactics.

    I have been all over the Middle East. The Muslim World, including the extreme and fundamentlaist faction, doesn't give a damn whether we live in freedom or slavery. Why should they? They have far more local concerns. In fact, many young Muslims tend to emulate and admire our culture in many ways.

    What they do care about is our Government's perpetual and obsessive propensity to meddle in the sovereign affairs of other nations. They hate our support of tyrannical and oligarchic regimes that oppress their populations and squander their resources to curry favor with the American - Globalist Corporatocracy. And they mainly hate our craven, one-sided, hypocritical, blindly obeisant pandering to the Zionists agenda and our immoral complacency towards their genocidal colonialist outrages in regards to the Palestinians. Sadly, this unconditional and conspicuous bias is at odds with our own self interests.

    The first thing I would have done is to have told the truth about why we were attacked. I would have explained why the Muslim World resents us so. Then I would have begun to deal with the root cause.

    This would have manifested itself in an immediate phone call to Ariel Sharon. The call would have been similar to the one Menachem Begin got from Ronald Reagan when the Zionists were laying waste to downtown Beirut in 1982.

    Reagan told Begin that if the destruction didn't end immediately, he was going to reassess America's support for Israel. Low and behold, the Israeli attacks instantly ceased. Isn't it obvious why we have been disdained by the Arab World for over 35 years? The call I would have made would have informed Sharon that if Israel continued to flaunt UN Resolutions 242 and 338, they can forget about any further support from the US. This would have had the effect of essentially resolving the half century long conflict virtually overnight. Furthermore, it would have eliminated the main issue fueling Arab extremism against the US by exhibiting a willingness to act in good faith in response to their grievances...for a change.

    If we are ever to stabilize the Middle East and establish an even-handed, fair and honest working relationship with the Arab-Muslim World, we must resolve the festering bloody conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. We must start applying a foreign policy that is designed to protect the interests of America first, instead of Tel Aviv.

    We must root out the fifth column in our government that is more beholden to AIPAC and the Zionist money changers than they are to America's security.
    Last edited by dchristie; 12-07-2005 at 06:33 PM.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Re: dchristie...just what would your plan look like?

    Hello All,

    All I can say to Dchristie's answer is, WOW!! :)

    Telling the truth, what a clever way to run a country. ;)

    DeeDee1965

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    633

    Re: dchristie...just what would your plan look like?

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    When one examines the domestic and foreign policies of The Bush Regime, it's clear what shouldn't be done and what doesn't work.
    I didn't ask to examine the Bush Administration so I am cutting out and not replying to that portion.

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    The effort required to adequately address the issue is one that far exceeds the confines of our rhetorical little venue here.
    Agreed, but this is what we have at the moment and it is a fun place to start.

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    However, as a brief exercise in polemics, I would respond briefly by examining the nature of our response to the most compelling issue of our time which is the so called "War On Terrorism" and, therefore, would confine my diatribe to foreign policy and the Middle East.

    The Bush Regime inherited a political conundrum that had been percolating for decades and throughout the tenures of at least eight previous American administrations. All of them were loathe to deal with the issue in a responsible and effective manner allowing it to ferment into the situation we have today. Why? It's politics.
    We are getting somewhere here in understanding your views and hatred towards the direction America has taken. Something that I have believed about you, but did not know for certain. And you are correct that the problems we face exist not simply from problems during this administration or the previous one. It has been building over a much longer time.

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    The first thing that Bush did was announce to the American people that we were attacked because somebody "hates our freedom". That was a totally nonsensical, treasonous lie. To apply such bald faced mendacity to the incident during a time of such crisis about an issue so grave and complex, was an act of fraud against The American People.

    That was the type of fraud meant to deceive the people as it grossly ignores, discounts and oversimplifies the root causes. And the purpose is to provide simplistic excuses to the simple minded,thereby, evading the truth about the issues.
    Again, I didn't ask about what Bush may or may not have done; only what you would do. However I will comment on this section.

    While the idea that we where attacked because somebody "Hates our Freedom" may be simplistic, it is not a lie. Politicians on both sides speak to American's as though we are stupid and would not understand the problems the country and the world faces if they where laid out in detail. So they simplify everything. More often then not they simplify it so much that it becomes much less accurate and much more damaging.

    Unfortunately, we allow it to continue.

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    I have been all over the Middle East. The Muslim World, including the extreme and fundamentlaist faction, doesn't give a damn whether we live in freedom or slavery. Why should they? They have far more local concerns. In fact, many young Muslims tend to emulate and admire our culture in many ways.
    No we are getting somewhere. While I have not traveled at all through the Middle East, I have had the opportunity to speak to many people from that part of the world. Some of my close friends are from Arab countries and they bring a lot of very valuable insight with them. They will agree with your statements above.

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    What they do care about is our Government's perpetual and obsessive propensity to meddle in the sovereign affairs of other nations. They hate our support of tyrannical and oligarchic regimes that oppress their populations and squander their resources to curry favor with the American - Globalist Corporatocracy. And they mainly hate our craven, one-sided, hypocritical, blindly obeisant pandering to the Zionists agenda and our immoral complacency towards their genocidal colonialist outrages in regards to the Palestinians. Sadly, this unconditional and conspicuous bias is at odds with our own self interests.
    Good points.

    Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    The first thing I would have done is to have told the truth about why we were attacked. I would have explained why the Muslim World resents us so. Then I would have begun to deal with the root cause.
    Something neither the Democrats nor the Republicans are willing to do.

    I am not going to copy the remaining part of your post, anyone who wants to read it can scroll up a few posts and read it again.

    Posts such as this one, dchristie, allow people to see that there is a different option for resolving the problems of the world and the problems facing America. This post does not make you sound anti-American, although some will disagree because they feel the world’s wealth should be in the hands of the United States.

    You make very valid points of how to deal with the problems, your opinions differ from the opinions of the past at least three administrations greatly. Reagan did a very good job of letting leaders know that the United States did not agree with how they where handling things, but they were more then free to continue as they where......without the foreign aid of the United States.

    I may not spell every word correctly as I try to type through a post quickly, so you will likely find misspellings (yes 2 L's). That does not make me unintelligent, a neocon brainless monkey, or any of the other crazy labels you tend to place on me. I get rather ticked off at your responses because you tend to attack anyone who agrees in whole or in part with the Bush administration with such comments.

    I agree with your ideas of how to solve our problems. I agree that things are much more complex then our leaders wish to explain. I personally don't have an opinion as to how much or exactly what kind of support we should provide to Israel. I do realize that our support of Israel is a major part of the problems we face within the Muslim World.

    my opinion to follow in next post.

    (edit for spelling errors as not to annoy dchristie ;) )
    Last edited by RegulationE; 12-07-2005 at 08:11 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. dchristie banned? Let's not do that...
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 03:42 AM
  2. DChristie is a COWARD
    By kate blanchett in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 423
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 11:52 AM
  3. A Question For Dchristie
    By ianmatthews in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 10:00 AM
  4. For dchristie and co.
    By Viktor Vaughn in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 09:51 AM
  5. Dchristie...
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 10:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
accurate, act, address, administration, affairs, age, agrees, ain, allowing, ame, american, another, answer, anti, arab, art, article, ate, attack, attacked, attacks, attention, ban, ben, best, bet, better, bit, blaming, brief, bring, broke, building, called, calling, care, cer, chance, character, che, cheney, clever, close, closed, cohorts, comments, completely, complex, con, concerns, condi, conservatives, context, continue, correct, countries, country, crazy, crisis, culture, curry, damn, debate, debating, decades, delete, democrats, destruction, develop, diatribe, didn, different, ding, direction, discounts, doesn, don, dont, dow, east, effective, elements, ells, ends, exercise, explained, express, extreme, face, faced, facing, faith, favor, feel, feels, fifth, find, floor, forget, forum, forward, friend, giving, good, grim, had, handed, hands, hard, hates, healthy, hey, him, his, hose, hurt, hypocritical, ideal, idiot, ignores, ime, incident, information, inherited, insulting, insults, intelligence, interested, ion, isn, issue, issues, joy, just, kind, kinds, lady, lead, leaders, lexx, liberals, line, local, lock, long, longer, lot, make, malicious, man., many, mea, member, misunderstood, moment, monkeys, more, name calling, nations, nature, neocons, ner, number, obscene, odds, only, open, opportunity, oppress, original, palestinians, par, part, party, pas, people, person, personal, personally, place, plan, point, policies, policy, political, por, pos, position, post, poster, posts, power, presiden, president, protect, question, quickly, quote, ran, rare, read, reagan, regime, regimes, remain, resident, resorts, respond, response, responses, responsible, revealed, ronald reagan, roo, rude, run, running, san, season, section, seem, ship, shouldn, sides, simple, simply, solve, speech, star, start, stat, state, states, stay, step, stupid, such, sul, tactics, take, taken, talk, talking, tells, tex, text, the truth about, they, thinks, thread, threads, time, tired, today, told, tonight, totally, tough, town, ugly, uni, united, united states, view, warned, waste, ways, west, wing, won, wont, working, world, worry, wow, years, yesterday, young, your

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •