+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

U.S. Corporate Media Ignores Bush Gang Crimes

Death By Torture: US Media Ignores Hard Evidence

PETER PHILLIPS | December 3 2005

Military autopsy reports provide indisputable proof that detainees are being tortured to death while in US military custody. Yet the US corporate media are covering it with the seriousness of a garage sale for the local Baptist Church.

A recent American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) posting of one of forty-four US military autopsy reports reads as follows:

"Final Autopsy Report: DOD 003164, (Detainee) Died as a result of asphyxia (lack of oxygen to the brain) due to strangulation as evidenced by the recently fractured hyoid bone in the neck and soft tissue hemorrhage extending downward to the level of the right thyroid cartilage. Autopsy revealed bone fracture, rib fractures, contusions in mid abdomen, back and buttocks extending to the left flank, abrasions, lateral buttocks. Contusions, back of legs and knees; abrasions on knees, left fingers and encircling to left wrist. Lacerations and superficial cuts, right 4th and 5th fingers. Also, blunt force injuries, predominately recent contusions (bruises) on the torso and lower extremities. Abrasions on left wrist are consistent with use of restraints. No evidence of defense injuries or natural disease. Manner of death is homicide. Whitehorse Detainment Facility, Nasiriyah, Iraq."

(continued here)
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...205torture.htm

Re: U.S. Corporate Media Ignores Bush Gang Crimes

If I didn't know this was a "Friendlier" board, I would say that those pictures that dcristie has posted were an attempt to incite.

But we all know that lady mod would never let such actions take place here now, so I'll just write this off as my imagination running wild again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    If I didn't know this was a "Friendlier" board, I would say that those pictures that dcristie has posted were an attempt to incite.

But we all know that lady mod would never let such actions take place here now, so I'll just write this off as my imagination running wild again.

Hi Grim,

While I never look at pictures used in posts, I have to ask you, what did you think of the article? Or this interview?

Extraordinary Rendition

DeeDee1965

Well DeeDee, I don't believe it. This comes from a site named "Prison planet", so objectivity is not going to exist.

Let me clarify that. The autopsies could be legitimate, or not, but saying they are (if accurate) attributed to American torture is nothing but politically motivated conjecture. dchristie post garbage like this on a non stop basis and if you are gullible enough to swallow these half baked conspiracy theories on face value, I feel nothing but pity for the misery you must feel.

If this had any validity to it, the main stream media would be on it like flies to a pile of dog crap, but they aren't... That should be your first clue right there.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Hi Grim,

While I never look at pictures used in posts, I have to ask you, what did you think of the article? Or this interview?

Extraordinary Rendition

DeeDee1965
    DeeDee,

I have read the article you posted and I want to ask you to look at this comment from the "victim" closely.

KHALED EL-MASRI: [translated] I was denied being medically examined. In this room -- they took me to this room, and I had handcuffs, and I had a blindfold. And when the door was closed, I was beaten from all sides. I was hit from all sides. I then was humiliated. And then I could hear just like -- that I could hear that I was being photographed in the process when I was completely naked. Then my hands were tied to my back. I got a blindfold, and they put chains to my ankles and back over my head, and just like the pictures we have seen of Guantanamo, for example. Then I was dragged brutally into the airplane, and in the airport I was thrown to the floor. I was tied to the floor and to the sides of the airplane. At some point when I woke up again, I found myself in Afghanistan. I was brutally dragged off the airplane and put in the trunk of a car. I was thrown into the trunk of a car.

Now I have some questions about this commentary.

I could hear that I was being photographed in the process when I was completely naked

Now I am not a photography expert, but I have been around a lot of reporters and professional photographers in the recent past. Almost all of them use Digital Camera's. Why is this important? Becuase these camera's are quite. You don't hear the shutter noise like you would an old fashion camera. This does not mean he was not photographed or that he didn't hear the camera, just brings up a question.

...just like the pictures we have seen of Guantanamo

here are some pictures, And some more,
    and another source, or maybe this one is the one.

In not one of these pictures do we see chains being used. And believe me I tried my best to find some really awful pictures that are verifiably from Gitmo. If you have links to some, please let us know.

At some point when I woke up again, I found myself in Afghanistan.

Ok, here is someone blindfolded and taken away in an Airplane. Just how does such a person wake up and "find themselves in Afganistan"? Again I am not trying to claim he was not taken there, just pointing out that this story sounds very "coached".

Just some things to think about.

In both stories, the basis is that the US is guilty because of what has been written or spoken. Guilty before an investigation has been completed. Guilty until proven innocent.

Does the US treat those picked up as part of the War on Terror guilty until proven innocent? I would assume so. But there is also a difference between the person who is suspected of muder in the streets of the US and those picked up as part of this Global War on Terror.

Should those responsible for brutal torture be held accountable, yes they should. However to simply assume these cases mentioned here are factual and there for condem the US is a bit of a stretch.

Two wrongs do not make a right, and more often then not the second wrong has been committed and the first wrong turns out to be unsubstantiated after the damage in the second has already been done.

Anyway....carry on with the debate.

I guess you still have comprehension problems is what I would say.

But maybe thinking you actually read my post that said pictures weren't included or the one that you could avoid his threads if they offended you was just my imagination. Because certainly, someone as intelligent as yourself, would think of doing this WITHOUT being told more than once?

There goes my imagination again.

Lady Mod

Well DeeDee, I don't believe it. This comes from a site named "Prison planet", so objectivity is not going to exist.

Let me clarify that. The autopsies could be legitimate, or not, but saying they are (if accurate) attributed to American torture is nothing but politically motivated conjecture. dchristie post garbage like this on a non stop basis and if you are gullible enough to swallow these half baked conspiracy theories on face value, I feel nothing but pity for the misery you must feel.

If this had any validity to it, the main stream media would be on it like flies to a pile of dog crap, but they aren't... That should be your first clue right there.

Amazing how you stick to the facts outlined in the repug survival manual. If it comes from another source other than monkey forest, it is automatically discredited and absolutely, 100% untrue. At repugs are us, we shall keep our blinders on, and stay due course.

Bush should give all of his faithful sheeple a pension for their efforts, it takes a lot of work to support him.
    Last edited by Rawb; 12-09-2005 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    Amazing how you stick to the facts outlined in the repug survival manual. If it comes from another source other than monkey forest, it is automatically discredited and absolutely, 100% untrue. At repugs are us, we shall keep our blinders on, and stay due course.

Bush should give all of his faithful sheeple a pension for their efforts, it takes a lot of work to support him.

I find it even more amazing how people like you get an erection just thinking about something you can hang on the president of our country.

I'd much rather be someone who gives my country and its government the benefit of the doubt, then a miserable conspiracy freak who lives to hate our government and will side with anyone, AND I DO MEAN ANYONE who has something negative to say about the United States.

Go burn a flag or whatever it is people like you do to satisfy your lust for the destruction of the U.S.

war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

I find it even more amazing how people like you get an erection just thinking about something you can hang on the president of our country.

I'd much rather be someone who gives my country and its government the benefit of the doubt, then a miserable conspiracy freak who lives to hate our government and will side with anyone, AND I DO MEAN ANYONE who has something negative to say about the United States.

Go burn a flag or whatever it is people like you do to satisfy your lust for the destruction of the U.S.

Mr. I have an oppinion about everything,, You should keep to your own oppinion and leave other peoples oppinions alone. Going about it in the manner that you do it Makes me wonder how you have survived on here without being banned, Blowhard.
    war_on_scam

That's not even necessary. President "Velcro" and his Neo-Con henchmen provide all the material quite copiously and generously. It's not anybody else's fault that they make it so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by grim17

This is a common example of the fascist mentality.

They are intellectually unwilling and incapable of drawing a distinction between the country and its government.

We saw the same phenomena in Nazi Germany as much of the population zealously supported the fascist leadership and eagerly encouraged its crimes while persecuting those who resisted the criminals in power. This individual is cut from precisely the same cloth.

When a criminal cabal seizes the reigns of government power, it is not only the right, but the patriotic duty of REAL Americans to rightfully criticize it and do all they can to obstruct and foil its schemes, not act in complicity and as moral accessories as this individual does. This is the patriotic American ethos as reflected and embraced in our history, our heritage and is the very source and foundation of our system. This is what makes us unique in The World.

Its obvious that the patriotism if this individual is only as deep and substantial as the cloth in a cheesy little flag probably made in China. I don't even consider him an American.

His type are far more common and symbiotic to the political heritage of Red China than America..
    Last edited by dchristie; 12-09-2005 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by war_man
    Mr. I have an opinion about everything,, You should keep to your own oppinion and leave other peoples oppinions alone. Going about it in the manner that you do it Makes me wonder how you have survived on here without being banned, Blowhard.

I gets a bit old seeing people on here say "This is my opinion" but have nothing concrete to base it upon. It would be nice if you had some evidence to back up your opinions with every blue moon or so. You say "Bush lied" about Iraq and I say he didn't. I use the results of 1000's of man hours of investigating into this subject, that has resulted in 6 separate reports that all came up with the same conclusion that the Bush administration did not lie to the American people and were instead the victims of faulty intelligence, to support my belief that the administration didn't lie. You on the other hand base your belief on the principle of ignoring or refusing to acknowledge that this has been looked into because it didn't conclude what you wanted it too. You then state your belief that Bush lied and can't even provide 1 intelligent reason for that belief. It is called "Blind ignorance".

"I think the sky is blue because god is making cotton candy" is another good example of ignoring the facts and rendering a baseless conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    That's not even necessary. President "Velcro" and his Neo-Con henchmen provide all the material quite copiously and generously. It's not anybody else's fault that they make it so easy.
    Wrong! You and hate filled anti-American conspiracy freaks manufacture and manipulate facts to support your "The U.S. SUCKS" brand of patriotism, that in my opinion represents a far greater threat to this country than Bin Laden ever will.

Oh my... I hope I didn't misspell anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    This is a common example of the fascist mentality.

They are intellectually unwilling and incapable of drawing a distinction between the country and its government.

We saw the same phenomena in Nazi Germany as much of the population zealously supported the fascist leadership and eagerly encouraged its crimes while persecuting those who resisted the criminals in power. This individual is cut from precisely the same cloth.
    You throw this label at Conservatives on this board quite often, calling them fascists.

Examples of true fascism are found in the ideals that liberals holds dear such as: nationalized health care, increased social programs and national control of education.

These are examples of increased government and fascist ideals.

The real truth is that the liberals are the fascists - they want to control every aspect of your life.

Now having said that, there is a problem facing our country and both You and Grim are very good examples of it.

Grim types are very much pro this administration, so much so that it is very hard for them to look at anything that possibly points out a flaw in the Administration.

dchristie types are so anti this administration that they are unwilling to look at anything this adminsitration is doing that is positive.

both are a detriment to the country because both are so closed minded.

While your type are so focused on tearing the President down, they either can not oir don't care to see where their comments can and do cause harm to this country in the view of the world.

Grim types are so stead fast in their support of the President they can not or will not allow themselves to see where misakes are made.

war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

What category does that put you in RegE,, Just wondering as to how you will answer is all........ I believe i know but post it anyway for the record...
    war_on_scam

You are probably right reg, but I have watched (and correct me if I am wrong here) the far left come up with a non stop parade of anti administration garbage, which 98% of, turns out to be nothing bull. After 4 years of this, it has become very hard to take anything they say seriously.

The left has become "The boy who cried wolf" with me and until they come up with something that will stick that is serious enough to be worth wasting the publics time worrying over, I see no change in my attitude or position on things.

You are probably right reg, but I have watched (and correct me if I am wrong here) the far left come up with a non stop parade of anti administration garbage, which 98% of, turns out to be nothing bull. After 4 years of this, it has become very hard to take anything they say seriously.

The left has become "The boy who cried wolf" with me and until they come up with something that will stick that is serious enough to be worth wasting the publics time worrying over, I see no change in my attitude or position on things.

These right-wing loonies just make it so irresistible to effortlessly make fools out of them.
    It's getting rather boring really. Amusing but,nevertheless, tiresome in the extreme.

Ho-hum.. Okay let's see. Let me think. Oh yeah. Well.. there's the case of Jose Padilla for one example. He is a US Citizen who has been detained in isolation without formal charges for over three years. This is as a result of nothing more than accusations made by, arguably, the most deceitful, mendacious and corrupt administration in American History, The Bush Crime Gang.

Yet, we hear the Flying Monkey exhorting the public to remember the axiom "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to the belated prosecution of Bush Crime Gang Crony, Louis Libby. Can you spell hypocrite? I didn't think so.

Well then, how about Habeas Corpus? Can't handle that one either, eh? That figures. How about The Fifth Amendment? Can't go there either right? Let’s try "Oath Of Office To Protect And Defend The Constitution" I know….You definitely can't handle that. That one is entirely out of your frame of reference.

Hmmm.. Then here's something you absolutely must learn to spell and memorize because it is exactly what Bush and his supporters are: Domestic Enemies Of The Constitution. I only hope they can still use The "Patriot" Act if they ever decide to deal with our country's real enemies by coming after people like you.

Now, go write that down 1000 times and let us know when you're finished.
    Last edited by dchristie; 12-09-2005 at 10:44 PM.