+ Reply to Thread

To KILL An AMERICAN

This was e-mailed to me from a friend...

To Kill an American

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan. "

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as Native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Re: To KILL An AMERICAN

Good grief. We are not well liked. I love what the Dentist wrote. I agree. Good one mate!

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.
    Yup, yet Americans seem to love the idea that they accomplish everything on their own. And when these same people would question or criticize Bush & his administration, the first thing you'll hear from some peoples' mouths is "Go back to your country." and forget that this country is what it is because of all the influence it's had from people of all nations of the world.

You gotta admit most Americans are very egocentric.

Quote Originally Posted by idshadow
    Yup, yet Americans seem to love the idea that they accomplish everything on their own. And when these same people would question or criticize Bush & his administration, the first thing you'll hear from some peoples' mouths is "Go back to your country." and forget that this country is what it is because of all the influence it's had from people of all nations of the world.

You gotta admit most Americans are very egocentric.

You could not possibly be more wrong...the biggest debate going on in our country is about what level of compassion to have when dealing with illegals! During a war on terrorism! Our president is loath to deport anyone or seperate families...this is seen as a weakness by many. He is from a particularly multi-cultural area of our country and he simply can't bring himself to do the hard thing.

I guess you mean ethnocentric...look around the world sometime. I will take our level of race issues or discriminations over that of any other country. The relaxed and uninterested immigration policies of many countries has led to seething hatred that is only found here in groups like the kkk.

We probably do have big egos...with good reason! We are damn good!

You could not possibly be more wrong...the biggest debate going on in our country is about what level of compassion to have when dealing with illegals! During a war on terrorism! (1.) Our president is loath to deport anyone or seperate families...this is seen as a weakness by many. He is from a particularly multi-cultural area of our country and he simply can't bring himself to do the hard thing.

I guess you mean ethnocentric...look around the world sometime. (2.)I will take our level of race issues or discriminations over that of any other country. The relaxed and uninterested immigration policies of many countries has led to seething hatred that is only found here in groups like the kkk.

We probably do have big egos...with good reason! We are damn good!

Pwrone,

This cannot be a serious reply, can it??

1. Minutemen, anyone??

2. I am sooo glad YOU can take the levels of race issues and discrimination in this country, since it does not hurt YOU. Sorry Pwrone, That statement is a little too much, don't you think?? You are smarter than that, and I might be going out on a limb here, but you are more compassionate than that, as well.

By the way, the piece you posted here was well written, and shall I say, inspirational. I liked it.

DeeDee1965 :)
    Last edited by DeeDee1965; 12-04-2005 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Pwrone,

This cannot be a serious reply, can it??

1. Minutemen, anyone??

2. I am sooo glad YOU can take the levels of race issues and discrimination in this country, since it does not hurt YOU. Sorry Pwrone, That statement is a little too much, don't you think?? You are smarter than that, and I might be going out on a limb here, but you are more compassionate than that, as well.

By the way, the piece you posted here was well written, and shall I say, inspirational. I liked it.

DeeDee1965 :)
    You must do it on purpose...you can not consistently misunderstand me by mistake.

1) The president called the minutemen...what was it? Vigilantes? And he denounced them, angering many in his base, including myself.

2) At least we still have some discussion on these issues and efforts to address these issues...though they will become fewer. Please identify the country with as much diversity (or nearly as much), that you think has a better racial or discriminatory environment.

Are there government agencies tasked with overseeing immigration issues?

They are vigilantes.

Not only that. They go and harass anyone of Hispanic origin without sufficient evidence or reason to do so. Wouldn't you be a bit pissed if you were just going to the store and you had some people following you around taking pictures of you? And who knows what else these "Minutemen" do or say to the people they harass.

Maybe something along the lines of "Go back to your country, you !"?

Oh Pwrone,

I am not misunderstanding you on purpose,I just do not agree with you. I humbly withdraw the "minuteman" crack. But like I said before, "Get a grip!!"

I did not say I thought any other country has more diversity, or is better on discrimination. What I mean is, your comfort with race relations does not take into consideration, those of us who have to deal with those issues, up close and personal. Like I said, whatever issues about race relations happening in this country, that meet with your approval, the fact remains, the negative effects do not hurt you.

Since you are "pissed," I will lay off debating you for now.

DeeDee1965

Are there government agencies tasked with overseeing immigration issues?
    It is called the INS, not the minute men, and frankly they do a very poor job of stoppig illegal immigration. I know, I own a business in an industry that is over run by illegal immigrants. The fact the INS does such a poor job makes it very hard to compete in the industry where illegals run rampant and take jobs (as in work for themselves at slave labor wages) for far less then is required to pay for the insurance, equipment, benefits, and salaries.

I have no problem with people coming to this country legally, starting a business in our industry, and carrying the proper licenses and insurance to protect themselves and the customers. What I have a problem with is when they jump the border and do the work for low rates and not carry the proper business license and insurance. You can not compete on the same level as they do because the costs are too high to offer the services at the same or close to the same prices.

They are vigilantes.
    I assume you are speaking of the "minutemen"

While they may be taking action on their own that the government should be taking, they are not entirely wrong until they cross the line of what is legal. Then they should be punished as swiftly and severely as any other law breaker.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

pwrone... thanks for your lead-in article. I doubt that it got much national
    publicity. I think if someday this country is gone, as we have know it, and
    that would truly be a sad development, the rest of the world would suffer
    for it. Despite our problems and short-comings, we are ABSOLUTELY the
    best nation that has ever become established and our nation has certain
    been friends and done more helpful, compassionate and kind deeds for
    all other countries than has been done for our own.
    Consider the French: in WWII, under the Viichy regime, our
    combat troops had to fight the French troops when coming ashore, before
    being allowed to advance to get the Nazis off of French soil. One can
    go to France and the other European nations and see the vast number of
    american war dead buried in the military cemetaries, including in France.
    But where were our "friends" the French when we asked them to back us
    in Iraq? I still say: boycott all of their products!
    By the way, in another of your post, you said that our country lost the
    Vietnam War. Don't you remember? I don't know your age, but you
    seem to have some idea about those times... we came in there on the
    heels of the damed French who got their butts massacred at Dien Biem
    Phu - they were trying to hold on to their rubber plantation and Copra
    plantation and other interest there. They already considered Vietnam -
    Indo CHina at the time, as their possesion and colony. The Vietnamese
    showed them otherwise. This was with the French throwing everything
    they had at the Vietnamese defenders.
    You say we lost? Not hardly! I mentioned this to a ex-marine that was there,
    the other day, in conversation. He said, displaying an expression of irony:
    I don't know where this person was at the time, but I was in the Iron
    Triangle and the Tet Offensive. Remember? He said: "we fought as hard and
    best we could", in the manner and ways and with the equipment we
    were allowed. We don't feel like we lost. We could have gave them a
    lot worse, especially in taking the combat right to North Vietnam.
    But our country did not want the carnage that would follow on their
    conscience. He also said: tell that to the 60,000 plus americans that
    were killed there. By the way, I too was REALLY there for six years and
    after 14 years tenure left to not be killed as I had a young family I
    wanted to try and be around to raise and be their Dad. I can assure you
    that if I had stayed I would have been buried in some aircraft wreckage
    like many of our so-calle M.I.A.s, which wil remain so.
    Maybe in several thousand years when the earth has changed, some day
    some archeologist will dig out of the earth that was once river bottom
    mud there the remains of these folks.
    In the interim, I really hope humans wise up and quite murdering each other
    in these wars. Especially people, as a mass allowing theirself to be sent
    obediently into harms way as nothing more than cannon fodder to
    accomodoate the military/industrial individuals and corporations to
    profit from the sacrifice of our sons and daughters.
    Somewhat a deviation but it makes a point, eh? No? oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    You are right on the money. People getting killed for others' profits. They no longer need wars to accomplish this though. They have the pharmaceutical and food industries churning out enough poison to make genocide look puny by comparison. The leading cause of death in America is by unnecessary medical intervention. Nice :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    pwrone... thanks for your lead-in article. I doubt that it got much national
    publicity. I think if someday this country is gone, as we have know it, and
    that would truly be a sad development, the rest of the world would suffer
    for it. Despite our problems and short-comings, we are ABSOLUTELY the
    best nation that has ever become established and our nation has certain
    been friends and done more helpful, compassionate and kind deeds for
    all other countries than has been done for our own.
    Consider the French: in WWII, under the Viichy regime, our
    combat troops had to fight the French troops when coming ashore, before
    being allowed to advance to get the Nazis off of French soil. One can
    go to France and the other European nations and see the vast number of
    american war dead buried in the military cemetaries, including in France.
    But where were our "friends" the French when we asked them to back us
    in Iraq? I still say: boycott all of their products!
    By the way, in another of your post, you said that our country lost the
    Vietnam War. Don't you remember? I don't know your age, but you
    seem to have some idea about those times... we came in there on the
    heels of the damed French who got their butts massacred at Dien Biem
    Phu - they were trying to hold on to their rubber plantation and Copra
    plantation and other interest there. They already considered Vietnam -
    Indo CHina at the time, as their possesion and colony. The Vietnamese
    showed them otherwise. This was with the French throwing everything
    they had at the Vietnamese defenders.
    You say we lost? Not hardly! I mentioned this to a ex-marine that was there,
    the other day, in conversation. He said, displaying an expression of irony:
    I don't know where this person was at the time, but I was in the Iron
    Triangle and the Tet Offensive. Remember? He said: "we fought as hard and
    best we could", in the manner and ways and with the equipment we
    were allowed. We don't feel like we lost. We could have gave them a
    lot worse, especially in taking the combat right to North Vietnam.
    But our country did not want the carnage that would follow on their
    conscience. He also said: tell that to the 60,000 plus americans that
    were killed there. By the way, I too was REALLY there for six years and
    after 14 years tenure left to not be killed as I had a young family I
    wanted to try and be around to raise and be their Dad. I can assure you
    that if I had stayed I would have been buried in some aircraft wreckage
    like many of our so-calle M.I.A.s, which wil remain so.
    Maybe in several thousand years when the earth has changed, some day
    some archeologist will dig out of the earth that was once river bottom
    mud there the remains of these folks.

Interesting post! For the record, I have never claimed that we lost in Vietnam...I believe we left before we won. In fighting the war the polite way, absent turning Hanoi into a smoking hole in an afternoon, our ground forces still killed the enemy at an estimated 8 to 1 ratio. However, the left, most responsible for all foreign policy failures including those involving armed conflict, claims Vietnam as a loss and wants to throw Iraq into the 'loser' mix. This is because there is not enough Vietnam-level support for leaving, and they know if we will stay we will be able to claim victory. As usual, the only way for them to win is if we(the U.S.) loses. So they are going ahead and declaring it now. It is pre-emptive losing!

As an example of liberal foreign policy 'thought' ,they have repeatedly bemoaned the Presidents dissing of the U.N. They have also supported the positions of the Germans and the French against our efforts to fight terrorism. As it has turned out, the French and Germans were taking hundreds of millions of dollars from the U.N. and Iraq. That is why they took their position. These facts are a matter of record, as well as Annans own families collusion in all of it, but you won't ever hear any criticism of france or Germany or the U.N. from libs. This is yet another great example of why these people must never be allowed into power again.

I believe that you are saying that you fought in Vietnam...if so please allow me to thank you from myself and my family for all that you have done.

The two conflicts are vastly different in many ways, not the least that it is now a bit over 2000 of our lives lost compared to almost 60000. Also, we are fighting an enemy that came to our country to attack us. The Bush doctrine calls for us to defeat them on soil other than our own. That is what we are doing.

This was e-mailed to me from a friend...

To Kill an American

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan. "

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as Native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.
    what a crocka bull,like 9 outa 2 americans fit this description!!but GEEZZ it takes an aussy tooth drilling millionaire to state this "KNOWN" fact!!(medical costs!?)put another shrimp on the barby for me!!and hey!!THIS SPECIAL BREED OF GOOD GUYS(americans) just cant seem to handle any bad news without just reakin HAVOC AND DETRUCTION ON THE upstarts!!how dare they(named enemy) want a piece of the pie without beggin!!let's review........freedom means you kill or suppress any who dont play by your rules.your trickle down cherry pickin rules.no one else has any valid critique against the supposed freedom of the USA.no one can offer any input or counter proposal.we are now perfect and gettin perfecter by the day.WHO KNEW!!well i guess the survivors know!!or they "think" they do!! :eek: :p :rolleyes: