+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Officials: CIA missile strike kills al-Qaida No. 3

Full Story

While the left is busy trying to convince the American people that the US has given up on al-Qaida and finding Osama Bin Laden, the government agencies are out there doing the job.

Re: Officials: CIA missile strike kills al-Qaida No. 3

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    Full Story

While the left is busy trying to convince the American people that the US has given up on al-Qaida and finding Osama Bin Laden, the government agencies are out there doing the job.
    These are the types of stories that the leftist rags bury on page A-13. Good news against the war on terror is bad news for those that lie and seek power.

Full Story

And this must be why Murtha mentioned Afghanistan, Reg.

Why don't they put this kind of stuff on the front page? Are we sure it's not another "planted" story from the Pentagon? ;)

Lady Mod

OK People,

I have asked this question before, and I will probably ask it again.

This is a story of a victory for the US, and its efforts in the "war on terror." Why mar the story with silly attacks on the "left?" I just do not get it. I guess that is why I started a thread about what we have learned from each other. I want to hear good news, and about any progress made. Why assume, people who might not agree with you on some topics, do not want good news? It just seems silly and juvenile to me. I am sorry RegulationE, I just do not get it. :confused:

DeeDee1965

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    OK People,

I have asked this question before, and I will probably ask it again.

This is a story of a victory for the US, and its efforts in the "war on terror." Why mar the story with silly attacks on the "left?" I just do not get it. I guess that is why I started a thread about what we have learned from each other. I want to hear good news, and about any progress made. Why assume, people who might not agree with you on some topics, do not want good news? It just seems silly and juvenile to me. I am sorry RegulationE, I just do not get it. :confused:

DeeDee1965

It is just a pre-emptive strike against the inevitable attacks from the left on anything that normal folks, like yourself, would call good news. Because, you see, it is NOT good news to them. It doesn't support their latest (this week) position that we have already lost the war!

That is some good news...

The story was dated 12/3 so it may have broke too late for publication in the States... I'll be watching the newspaper Sunday.

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    It is just a pre-emptive strike against the inevitable attacks from the left on anything that normal folks, like yourself, would call good news. Because, you see, it is NOT good news to them. It doesn't support their latest (this week) position that we have already lost the war!
    Pwrone, go crawl back into your hole. You are so off the mark with that post and you know it.

It is good news, and about time we heard some that was more in line with what left has been questioning.

We lost the war in Iraq. But maybe we can redeem ourselves by catching Osama Bin Laden once the troops are redeployed.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Pwrone

We lost the war in Iraq.

Lady Mod

Wow, sounds like someone has been reading the Murtha homepage a little too much. I stumbled across some good advice for statements like this. It goes a little something like:
    go crawl back into your hole. You are so off the mark with that post and you know it.

This is a story of a victory for the US, and its efforts in the "war on terror." Why mar the story with silly attacks on the "left?"
    Not sure why you feel what I posted was an attack on the left.

For the record, it is the left that tries very hard to hid the fact we are making progress in the War on Terror, Destroying al-Qaida, and finding Bin Ladan. It is surprising to many that there is any effort at all to find and capture or kill al-Qaida members because you don't hear anyone talk about the victories that take place.

I was not looking for this information, actually doing a search for Ronald looking for the civilian body count in Iraq when they link turned up on a site out of China. After that I tried finding a similar story in the US main stream media and found the link I posted.

Also for the record.....at the time of this posting

The above article is front and center on MSNBC (NBC news)

CNN.com has a text link on the front page now that links to a story titled : Al Qaeda No. 3 dead, but how?

USATODAY.com uses a text link "Top al-Qaeda commander dies Pakistan confirms. " to link to their story from the front page.

thewashingtonpost.com uses this text (Bold Type) Explosion in Pakistan Kills Al Qaeda Leader

latimes.com uses a small link under the headng "more news" titledTop Al-Qaeda Leader Killed in Pakistan to break the news.

FoxNews.com has the story front and center. - Top Al Qaeda Associate Killed

ABCnews.com front and center - Key al-Qaida Associate Killed in Pakistan

CBSnews.com front page text link - Key Al Qaeda Figure Killed

NBCnews.com (is MSNBC)

bbc.co.uk does not have anything on the front page.
    Last edited by RegulationE; 12-04-2005 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    And this must be why Murtha mentioned Afghanistan, Reg.

Why don't they put this kind of stuff on the front page? Are we sure it's not another "planted" story from the Pentagon? ;)

Lady Mod
    Murtha's mentioning of Afganistan was so he could include the cost there when discussing the money spent in Iraq. But that is a nice try ;)

It may have been "planted" by the Pentagon but I initially found it on a website out of China so that is doubtful. It has been picked up by most of the MSM at this point.

Murtha's mentioning of Afganistan was so he could include the cost there when discussing the money spent in Iraq. But that is a nice try ;)

It may have been "planted" by the Pentagon but I initially found it on a website out of China so that is doubtful. It has been picked up by most of the MSM at this point.
    Hey, I was just taking a guess about Afghanistan since we discussed it on another thread. The other was "tongue in cheek" which was why I used the winking smilie.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Wow, sounds like someone has been reading the Murtha homepage a little too much. I stumbled across some good advice for statements like this. It goes a little something like:
    I read the page once Raider and skimmed it for an answer another time.

Unlike you, I tend to retain more of what I read. And stop baiting.

Lady Mod

RegulationE,

My point is why even make the comment about the "left." It is a piece of good news, why not just share it. Many people on this board have asked, what kind of progress has been made in the "war on terror." If you have something to share, people on this board are ready to hear it. Having to make a jab at the "left," just seems to me unnecessary. I do not know, maybe I am just tired of the scratching and clawing going on in this country.

DeeDee1965

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Pwrone,

Why for goodness sake would anyone want to carryout a "preemptive strike" on a political message board?? We are here to share, ideas, information, thoughts, questions and answers.

Most of us here are Americans discussing what our country is doing in the world, and trying to make sense of it all. And the many folks here from different places, helping us to see what we look like abroad. Also letting us in on what the rest of the world is doing.

THIS IS NOT A WAR ZONE!

DeeDee1965

RegulationE,

My point is why even make the comment about the "left." It is a piece of good news, why not just share it. Many people on this board have asked, what kind of progress has been made in the "war on terror." If you have something to share, people on this board are ready to hear it. Having to make a jab at the "left," just seems to me unnecessary. I do not know, maybe I am just tired of the scratching and clawing going on in this country.

DeeDee1965
    When I refer to the left, I am referring to the media and the members of Congress who share that party line. When I refer to the right the same thing applies.

I believe there are more people reading this board like you and I then there are like Grim and dchristie. Meaning that there are more people interested in finding out what is really going on instead of buying into the left or the right blindly.

Commenting that this is the type of story the left doesn't want you to see is not what I see as a jab, I am sorry if you took it that way.

When I refer to the left, I am referring to the media and the members of Congress who share that party line. When I refer to the right the same thing applies.

I believe there are more people reading this board like you and I then there are like Grim and dchristie. Meaning that there are more people interested in finding out what is really going on instead of buying into the left or the right blindly.

Commenting that this is the type of story the left doesn't want you to see is not what I see as a jab, I am sorry if you took it that way.
    RegulationE,

The "left" is not a monolith. You are implying the "left" is making a concerted effort to "hide" stories like the one you posted.

Neither you or I, can speak for such a diverse group of people, whether they are "left" or "right." If you found this story on the Internet, others are going to find it as well. Maybe, they are even looking for some good news.

The story is on MSNBC. From my limited understanding, MSNBC is not some, obscure news outlet.

By the way, if there are people like you and "me" looking at these sites, I for one, would not continue to look for information on a site, that couched everything in extreme or absolute terms. That is not information, it is propaganda.

DeeDee1965