+ Reply to Thread

White House & Republican Answer to Everything

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/...eut/index.html

When will they come up with a real response to anyone who criticizes the administration and it's inability to provide answers besides "You're encouraging terrorists.", "You're un-American.", "You're un-patriotic."?
    Last edited by idshadow; 12-02-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Re: White House & Republican Answer to Everything

Quote's from the article worth noting:

Some partisan squabbling was heard the day after Bush laid out his "plan for victory," although Democrats were not as uniformly dismissive of Bush as they had been."
    A sharp Bush critic, Delaware Democratic Sen. Joe Biden, told CNN he did not hear a solid plan from Bush but that he appreciated that the president "leveled with the American people" by admitting mistakes had been made in Iraq and that much remained to be done.

"He laid out the goals, said it's going to be hard, said give him time, but he didn't tell us how he was going to change the game plan to accomplish that," Biden said.
    Maybe the plan doesn't need changed, but instead needs to be explained in more detail.

Marine Corps Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in a speech military leaders had not adequately explained progress in that country to Americans worried about the rising cost in casualties and money.

"Guys like me have not articulated well enough what is happening in Iraq and in Afghanistan," Pace said. "Every place I look in the (Iraqi) political and economic realm I see progress. And clearly inside the security realm I see enormous progress."
    Something I have felt for a while now. Lack of information does not equal lack of plan. But it does allow for people to assume the worst as that is the nature of Americans generally.

Yes, but when there's a war going on, it affects everyone and as such, everyone should be entitled to know what's REALLY going on rather than being fed half truths that seem to be good enough for lots of people out there.

The Flying Monkey's strategy is really quite elegant in its simplicity: Keep lying.

Quote Originally Posted by idshadow
    Yes, but when there's a war going on, it affects everyone and as such, everyone should be entitled to know what's REALLY going on rather than being fed half truths that seem to be good enough for lots of people out there.
    In case you missed it, I was agreeing that we need to be better informed.

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    In case you missed it, I was agreeing that we need to be better informed.
    i agree with your sentiment.but i must also say that it comes late.why!?better late than never!?hhmmmmmm...........and just the opposite of quick and decisive action.yet we know that quick and decisive action is usually efficient and saving in some way.what we have to ask is,is it consistent in it's application,and it's purpose.because if it is not,then something is amiss.something is afoot!!and why the need to disguise or hide the facts.is truth a secret!?for in reality there are only 2 forms of governance.personal and impersonal.they are not mixable.(hence the political split)hehe!!while personal is prefered,it is only actually legalized by an overwhelming majority of the populace.anything short of this will result in revolution.but the impersonal is free of this demand.therefore we have impersonal governance.(laws)any attemp to overide this natural condition thru manipulation or numbers fudging or any other personal means is like tryin ta make water run uphill.you can succeed for awhile.with lots of effort.but either you will have to resort to unreasonable means or you will have to concede to the will of the objectors in some degree.you cant run a world by laws and then at the same time selectively break them.you invite anarchy if you do.and while anarchy if it developes naturally over time can be a good thing(freedom from laws)no longer necessary(utopia).if it is a forced reaction is always a bad thing.no felt sense of responsability.no reason to live.for the law is a precursor to the good life.if the leaders break the laws then the lawless are set free to be who they are.ruthless and unforgiving.and the law is of no effect if it does not contain mercy for the trangressors that WILLINGLY or with uncoerced help confess.for if no path is seen to be forgiven to.then no hope can sustain the yet untried.and again,ruthlessness will increase.so jumping the gun for protective reasons is the greatest evil men can attain to.and always for a justified cause.always for a sense of self satisfaction.a way of pleasing god or the dream of some idea or utopia actually bein lived or imagined.:o :rolleyes:

war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    The Flying Monkey's strategy is really quite elegant in its simplicity: Keep lying.
    That appears to be the size of it, keep lying and if that dosent work,, hell then keep right on lying, and yep you guessed it, lets not forget keeping on lying.... this administration does this one thing and does it very well.
    Last edited by war_man; 12-06-2005 at 04:33 PM.
    war_on_scam

Quote:

Marine Corps Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in a speech military leaders had not adequately explained progress in that country to Americans worried about the rising cost in casualties and money.

"Guys like me have not articulated well enough what is happening in Iraq and in Afghanistan," Pace said. "Every place I look in the (Iraqi) political and economic realm I see progress. And clearly inside the security realm I see enormous progress."

This statement is very disturbing to me after the explosion in Fallujah, a town which was announced safe and secure months ago. Also the fact that as we were handing over a base back to the Iraqi government, explosions are occurring during and aimed at that ceremony. Also political progress? Just last week Allawi thought an assanation was taking place against him after he was chased out of a ****e town. The above statement seems to be more of the repug kool-aid that the majority is not drinking anymore.