+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: JOE LIEBERMAN: OUR TROOPS Must STAY

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    You are a hard one to figure...a poster writes these things about me and about your country:........ "Pwrone, are you an idiot!?!.........Bush has managed to piss off 10 000 people........continue to remain censored and uncared for by "patriots" like Pwrone. Hypocrites......... this war is a scam against the American people...........And whether the enemy is Syria, Jordan, Hez Bolah, Iraq, Iran, Al-Qaida, insurgents, or whatever, I know the truth is that Bush and his business associates are every day grateful for them, for it justifies their war profiteering".......and much more, I respond with the words "boring" and "charming irrelevence" and you find it important to chastise me for not "laying off the insults at Canada and probably every other nation on the planet". Apparently, it is okay with you if I am insulted or the U.S. is insulted, I just should not respond at all...yes?

As far as us being the most important country of the last few hundred years...you would probably have to go back to Rome to find a more influencial or significant society than ours. Napoleans France? England? Russia? None of these great societies had the worldwide influence or affect that we do...they may have killed A LOT more people to gain their power but they were not admired or emulated like we have been. Our inventions alone , both great and terrible, have and will shape our world for the forseeable future.

So I will stand by my statement.

"The United States has been the most important country of the last few hundred years, the leaders and innovators in every measurable category."

Yeah...I'm good with that.
    For the second time, in as many minutes, I have actually LAUGHED OUT LOUD! :D

Oh Pwrone,

Get a grip!!! :p What is that old adage, "Sticks and stones...."

Why do you care so much about the opinion or even analysis of someone from another country? Your problem with that kind of criticism, says more about YOU than it does about the other person. Attacking Canada, is an unimaginative response to an intellectual argument. That is why I "chastise(d)" you.

Like I said, if one uses incorrect information to make a point, any subsequent points lose credibility.

DeeDee1965

It just never occured to you to tell the individual attacking your own country to shut up...or anything else.

I am not clear on what is so funny...We have been the most influential country for the last few hundred years if you just take the LAST twenty. C'mon...if you think it is funny, please identify the correct answer to that question.

The printing press was a wonderful invention, but did it influence as many as the computer...the internet...satellite TV?
    Last edited by pwrone; 12-04-2005 at 07:59 PM.

3. 12-04-2005, 08:00 PM

I have just noticed that I have recieved my "warning" about the 'canadian justice' thread. Apparently, his repeated attacks directly on me throughout THIS thread are OK. WTF

And for the record, I like ronald, lady mod. We all do. He is a conservative in training.LOL. I was responding to what most would define as frontal assaults.

##### it.
    Last edited by pwrone; 12-04-2005 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    It just never occured to you to tell the individual attacking your own country to shut up...or anything else.

I am not clear on what is so funny...We have been the most influential country for the last few hundred years if you just take the LAST twenty. C'mon...if you think it is funny, please identify the correct answer to that question.

The printing press was a wonderful invention, but did it influence as many as the computer...the internet...satellite TV?

Pwrone,

1. I do not tell adult people, I disagree with to "shut up." It is juvenile, and more importantly, unproductive. As an adult myself, if someone tells me to "shut up," I end the dialouge, tout suite.

2. The second paragraph, makes no sense, so I cannot give you a reply. I will say this though, America, as we know it, has NOT been in existence for hunderds of years. LOOK IT UP.

3. The printing press?? Are you serious?? The one invention from which all things eventually flowed. Please, before you make a rapid, off the cuff reply, look up the history of the pringint press, please.

DeeDee1965

sheesh...to simplify EVEN further...anyone can say anything at all to me or anyone on the right and that is okay with you...but if I call Canada irrelevent than you need to say something to me about it. Doesn't matter. I can be banned for any little %^*$* thing now. I am pissed. Once again, no matter what ANYONE else writes, I am targeted for thread closures and banishment. I am glad there are some more on the right side this week.
    Last edited by pwrone; 12-04-2005 at 08:54 PM.

I'd like to retract my comment that pwrone is racist against Canadians. He said in an earlier message he has family there or something. It's just that I've gotten this general message: "Canadians are charmingly irrelevant and boring."

Then an argument ensued in an attempt to prove that little good has come out of Canada, such as inventions.

There are obvious tensions between Canada and the U.S. Canada joined the U.S. on Afghanistan, but not Iraq. Canadians give the worst welcomes to Bush when he comes. The country is very liberal (health care, gay marriage, abortion, immigration, marijuana decriminalization, taxes), whereas the heartland of America is a lot of red states. So we will butt heads and sling mud out of anger and condescend from time to time. No big deal.

- Ronald

Canada and the US need each other, no matter what one or the other thinks. Canada needs the US to export to (biggest customer), the US needs the natural resources from Canada (oil, water, natural gas).

This could be argued the opposite as well since China, can be another export for Canada, or, another country to import more resources from for the US.
    But instead of using China as a replacement, both can add to their portfolio. Pride is a bitter pill to swallow. Few will do it, to benefit many. Most think of themselves.
    Neither side should risk losing the value that each bring to each other.

Lieberman has got to go, he's so far up Bushes a** that Bush is giving him kisses. What joke.