+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Document Pro Data Inc

Has anyone ever heard of this company and are they for real? They are based in Germany....I think that is a bad thing. So i cannot verify their business. I dont know what I was thinking but I sent them my contact information without reading all of it. Apparently by doing that I signed a contract with them and if I dont go along with it they will sue me. Well I guess I didnt read the fine print. I dont have a website or a phone number in the US to contact them. They only have a Germany phone number and a US Fax number on the info they sent to me. Basically what they want me to do is cash checks for them and send them the money by transferring it to them and I keep 10%. I figured if people from the US are buying products from them, they are paying for it. The company DPD, says that it cost more for them to cash US checks in Germany and it takes longer to clear. That is why they need reps to cash them in the US and send them the money. If someone sends me a check or money order here in the US and I cash it, isnt that a good enough reason for me to cash it? If a check is written, it is to be cashed. Plus, I will be getting money orders to cash as well. How can anyone fraud a money order?

They told me if i break the contract, it is my fault and I dont want to get sued. Can they do this? I mean I dont want to break the contract if this thing is for real. Does anyone know about the company or heard of something like this being a scam?

:confused:

Re: Document Pro Data Inc

It sounds a bit fishy to me; its not difficult to establish a US business account as a legitimate German business and unless your cut is less than say $500/year, having a US account is the way to go. It not like there isn't a Citibank in Germany.

If the business is actually located in Germany, business law in Germany is reasonable though somewhat different than the US business law.

I have a good business contact network in Germany, plus the language skills available to insure adequate communication, so if you wish to e-mail me or post the phone number I will try and find out some additional information. The number should be something like 011 4969 1385 0087, the first four digits representing the country code (49), the next two representing a city (69 is for Frankfurt, 89 is for Munich). If you have a German address, I believe that would also be useful.

I received the exact same information from this alleged company, but decided to do a bit of research before signing and/or sending anything to them. Anyhow, their information is as follows:

Document Pro Data, Inc.
    Boltzmannstrasse 3
    D-85749 Garching bei Munchen, GERMANY
    Phones: +49-89-3200-1259 , +49-89-3200-1258 , USA Fax: 832-838-4470

Any concrete information you can provide about them would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I also had seen the ad from Document Pro Data and was wondering if I should proceed. First of all... I'd like to know if it's real or not. Please send me some information on what you have found about this particular company. Thanks

Here is my opinion or what I have found out thus far on the information provided. I feel it is somewhat incomplete given I don't have the agreement documents, and I would like to look at those also.

1. The US fax number orginates in Highlands, TX (Suburb of Houston). It will cost about $25 dollars over the internet to determine the name and address. More importantly, it would take someone located in the Houston area to follow up on the information.

2. The German address given is likely legitimate.

3. The phone numbers are definetly German, and from the Munich area. The issue is that various attempt to call both phone numbers given where never answered in both the US and Munich.

Several points lead me to have the opinion that the company is some sort of money laundering scheme.

1. The company name is one that very likely is not domiciled in Germany. Document Pro Data Inc. indicates US origins. A German domiciled company will always have one of three designations, a) AG, b) GmbH, or c) KG and Co.

2. Though the address is likely legitimate, the address is located at the Institute of Astro Physics, a place where if legitimate would have no need to utilize a middle-person for money flows and a place in which the internal controls regarding money would be significantly tighter because of it public nature.

3. As a land line address, Deutsche Telcom (german land line phone monopoly) has no record of the company. A legitimate German domiciled business would certainly have its name and address so others in Germany could contact them, given the primary operations are supposed to be located in Germany.

4. I had a friend who is in Munich look in both the phone book and at several marketing databases (he is in sales) and found no record of the company.

Obviously, money laundering is considered a very serious offense in the US given the GWOT, the run of mill Eastern European mob syndicate(s), and in Latin America with drugs.

Good Luck

Hello,
    I found this "opportunity" on Craig's List. I responded and received a contract from them. I e-mailed them and asked for a valid URL to make sure this is a real business. I still have not received a reply. In my estimation, I can't see how a real foreign business would not have bank transfer protocols in place. I am thinking we should be have the scam guards up for this kind of job offering, along with the letters from Baristers in Africa who need our help by accepting the responsibility of giving away the fortune of rich people who have passed and keeping 10 percent for ourselves.

i had the same problem as what you described and even worse:
    i gave them my address and they told me 2 checks were sent out already. now i recognize this is a fraud, told them i can't do it for them and will return their checks back. but they threaten me to have a law suit and will send someone to damage me physically.

can anyone give me an advice how to resolve this scam law suit & threat? should i return the check back to them as soon as i receive them or should send to FBI?

I agree this is best left alone. It certainly sounds like a money-laundering scheme.
    No-one seems to have posted the possibility of terrorism: In these days of tighter bank controls to avoid terrorism funding, this would be an excellent way of duping people to launder funds from "customers" into U.S. banks, the forwarding the funds to a private who-knows-where bank controlled by whom.

I also received this information from Craig's List, and wanted to provide the e-mail I received. Here it is:

Job Description + Contract (if you are looking to start today)
    - Available Position: Part Time Representative - - $4,500 Monthly, Part Time Job -
    You can read the contract at the end of this email.
    You can print the last page of the contract, sign it, make one picture of the signed page (digital picture if you have no scanner) and send this picture with signature back to us via email or to the fax number below or via email.

Our USA fax number is 832-838-4470

Your job is to receive and process (cash) the money orders or cashier checks that our customers have to pay to our company. In this way the payment will be received faster (money orders are cleared in Germany in 30 days from the day are received).

You have 10% commission from every payment that you will receive so you will be paid for your services same day you process the payment because you will deduct your share directly.

The job is 100% legal in USA and all our sales activities are recorded at US work bureau.

In order to start your job today we have some requirements:

1. Be at least 20 years old and have a bank account (in order to deposit checks if needed - IMPORTANT: WE WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS OR OTHER FINANCIAL INFORMATION FROM YOU)
    2. Have a postal address where you will receive money orders and cashier checks from our customers, your home address will be fine or a PO Box, if you have one.
    3. Possibility to check your email and respond to our messages (if any) same day.
    Our support team will be next to you in order to have all payments processed same day.
    All you need is an established bank account, where you will cash the checks. It really depends where you cash the checks. We do not welcome new bank accounts for our business for a few reasons. First, you won't be able to cash checks fast, because the banks put at least a few weeks' hold to deposits into a new account.

We do make background research on all the international customers before we sell our software products.
    We also verify the checks for funds availability before it arrives to you. In an outstanding case of any problem, we offer a full guarantee to cover the fees. That way you can feel absolutely protected and safe.
    You will receive various payments from our US or Canada buyers for our software products/services and every customer will specify when the payment will be sent the amount and the products that were purchased.

In GERMANY they usually deliver the funds within 10 days if we have one bank account open to one US bank (we have the bank account open to one GERMANY bank -- this will delay payments with another 3-4 days) and this delay is not profitable for our company.

With US representatives help we can process these payments faster and the customers will be served faster. We are selling in US 95% from time software programs and sometimes IT hardware. We are also selling other various IT products if customers are interested.

If there will be something that you don't know, simply ask our support team and you will have all the answers within few hours or minutes.

Please call me Richard, my name is Richard Ottis and I will keep you informed regarding payments and procedures.

Here is step by step explanation of entire process:

1. You agree with our contract and are ready to process payments.
    2. We advertise our products and in 4-5 days after you agreed with terms you start to receive payments from our customers (money orders, checks) made payable to your name and address for instant processing
    3. You cash one payment (check or money order) - at the bank or check cashing store
    4. You deduct your 10% from total amount of the check or money order that you receive and cash.
    5. You transfer us 90% minus transfer costs (the transfer costs are paid from our 90%) with bank to bank transfer
    6. You receive another payment and you process it.

This job implies only checks/money orders cashing, nothing else is required to work for us. We will never ask you any fees to work for us. If you know to cash a check, this is the job for you. Please don't expect to earn thousands of dollars in the first weeks, we promise that you will earn more than $4,500 every month but first we have to advertise our products in US, you will surely make $600 every week in your first month of work.

To begin this job we need your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS (your postal address -- home address) FOR PAYMENTS that will be mailed(shipped) to your postal address:

Full name:
    Address:
    City, State, Zip code:
    Phone number:

The money orders and cashier checks that will be processed by you can be cleared same day you receive the USPS delivery.

If you agree with the contract and want to start the job Your response with your name and address is expected today.

From the moment we have your approval that you agree with all terms of the contract and your name and address we will start the advertising program and ask customers to send checks and money orders to your address.

How you will be paid: You will have 10% from each payment that you receive and process AND also will receive every two weeks $1,000 paycheck from our company.

Thank you
    Document Pro Data, Inc.
    Boltzmannstrasse 3
    D-85749 Garching bei Munchen, GERMANY
    Phones: +49-89-3200-1259 , +49-89-3200-1258 , USA Fax: 832-838-4470

Document Pro Data, Inc. Representative Contract

Too long to past in, can provide via e-mail though...

Well I sent them my info like a complete idiot... Has anyone actually been hurt by this scam? Do I need to be protecting my accounts? :confused:

This doesn't appear to be a scam in the traditional sense. Rather it appears to be strictly money laundering, so the risk of person working with Document Pro is not one of financial lose, rather of going to jail for aiding and abetting money laundering, wire fraud, etc. Given these are pretty serious federal charges, the jail time is significant.

1. A company that threatens physical harm, cannot be a good situation to be involved with.

2. The statement regarding 30 day clearing of money orders is totally false. Cash management services in Germany are on par with those of the US.

3. Stay away, or call the Secret Service if you are involved. As another poster pointed out, terrorism funding is certainly a potential use of these funds.

I am one of those persons who signed a contract with Document pro Data. .After readind other comments I e-mailed them and told them not to send me any checks. I don't want to get involved in anything illrgal. I'm not worried about getting sued .If they are illegal I don't thik they'll do anything to draw attention to themselves. Anyone have any more advise

Well boys and girls you are all right on with this ad being a big scam! It's not money laundering or funds for terrorists either. It's a clever little scam to get MONEY from YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.
    These so called checks and/or money orders that you take to YOUR BANK and deposit, will eventually BOUNCE like a rubber ball, and YOU MY FRIEND will have to cover this loss from your OWN cash and OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
    That's why the contract say's not to use a NEW BANK or OPEN a NEW Account. If you're NEW to the BANK, it will take them WEEKS to verify YOU and any deposits.
    HERE"S my advise. GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY OF THIS SCAM AND DELETE ALL CORRESPONDENCE FROM THEM. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR ADDRESS, BANK NAME, PHONE NUMBER...NOTHING.

:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcomm
    i had the same problem as what you described and even worse:
    i gave them my address and they told me 2 checks were sent out already. now i recognize this is a fraud, told them i can't do it for them and will return their checks back. but they threaten me to have a law suit and will send someone to damage me physically.

can anyone give me an advice how to resolve this scam law suit & threat? should i return the check back to them as soon as i receive them or should send to FBI?

Virtualcomm I too was approached with the same scenario but fortunately I did not sign the contract. But my question to you is how did you get in contact with them once you decided that you wanted to return the checks back, was it through the phone numbers that they provided? Who is your contact there? Also what were their exact words to you when they told you that they would damage you physically? Have you received the checks yet and if so what where the amounts of the checks?

I'm sorry as I know that I have a lot of questions for you but I am just curious to get some information from someone that is already in the process.

I had the same problem with them. I sent them my resume but i did not take the job once I read the contract. They still claimed that i was employed and and claimed that they will sue me and they would physically damage me if i don't pay them a certain amount of money once i tried to respond to the email the account must have been closed b/c the user is unknown now. I contacted craigslist and went to my local precinct to file a charge toward them. I suggest that everone who receives a threat should do the same.

If anyone has a name of a person to contact or email address that they are still responding to please let me know.

I sent my resume to the company, but did not sign the contract. I recently sent another resume to a different company, but it turned out to be them again. Their new e-mail adress is [email protected].