+ Reply to Thread

Lies My Congressman Told Me

Lies My Congressman Told Me
    (special by airforceguy)

To get this out of the way early, you will not see any classified information in this post. Everything I will write about has been extensively documented in many other sources. Everything I say has been said by other professionals, both civilian and military. The importance of what I say actually lies not in the content, but in the speaker and the medium. Last thing first, the blogosphere is a new phenomenon, and a new medium which allows common guys like me as wide a broadcasting net as the mainstream media (MSM). If you did not know this already you would not be reading this entry. The real reason you are reading this has to do with the fact that I am not a reporter, sending news filtered through desks and editors. I am a simple soldier, writing what I saw, what I deduced and what I know to be true.....

..So here is the truth. My Congressman told me there were no WMD in Iraq. But he was wrong, because it was and is still there. And we found some.

The laws of irony are strictly enforced. The first WMD we found was actually used against us. A roadside bomb filled with binary Sarin exploded near a convoy carrying ISG personnel. Sarin is a non-persistent nerve agent. As such, it can not be safely and effectively stored. Instead, it must be used quickly after it is made. Therefore shells or warheads do not actually contain sarin. Instead they contain two chemicals (binary) which form sarin when they are mixed. The shell is fired, the chemicals mix on the way to the target, the shell explodes, viola, you have a chemical weapon. But since this shell was in a roadside bomb, it didn’t mix correctly, and the troops who were exposed weren’t killed. In fact, for reasons I will enumerate later, the terrorists who set up that IED most likely had no idea what was contained in their stolen munition.

We found mustard shells which had gone past their expiration date. We found yellowcake, Joe Wilson, and eventually enriched uranium, Scott Ritter.

But the physical evidence doesn’t tell the whole story. The interrogation portion does that. Many, many scientists talked about Saddam’s weapons production. The production wasn’t large scale, and it wasn’t quality stuff, but it was there. The question on your mind is this: where is the rest of the stuff? The answer is very simple and very complex.

First, it’s in Syria. According to the UN and every intel agency on the planet, right before the war 5000 big rigs worth of “stuff” crossed the border, never to be seen again.. What kind of stuff was this? I’ll give you a hint -- it’s stuff Saddam didn’t want captured. Personnel, money, art work, maybe drugs, and certainly WMD. People need to use their God-given common sense. If you had valuable WMD you wanted to safeguard from the big, bad American Crusaders, where would you send it? Not to Iran. Those crazy Mullahs are your enemies. Not to Kuwait or Turkey, Saddam considered them America’s stooges. Send it to Syria. After all, it wasn't as if he had no warning what was coming.

So, what is the moral of this story? The military can be inefficient? The intel community is short-sighted? Politicians are stupid? Yes, yes, and yes. But mostly, the moral of this story is that there was and IS WMD in Iraq. And the media could tell this story better then I can. But they don’t want to.

http://airforcefamily.blogspot.com/2...pecial-by.html

Good find Frank!

Re: Lies My Congressman Told Me

Hi Grim,

I take first hand accounts very seriously. I also have read this webblog. I must say first, it was very compelling. Second, the information contained therein, was information we do not hear from main stream media. One question is, why? We do not know the answer. But it is information that needs to be thorough investigated.

Since this is a first hand account of finding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, why has the Bush administration not made this information a part of their, wins? If they have proof, why not tell the American people, this war is not in vain and what has been accomplished? The main stream media is not responsible for the administration not getting this information out to the millions of Americans who are, scared, tired, confused, totally out of the loop. The Bush administration must tell the citizens of this country what, where, when, how and why. It is his duty. The President can call a press conference anytime, anyplace, for any reason. The press WILL come and they WILL report what he tells them. So why has he not made this information public?? Why?

Grim, I know you do not know the answer. You do not work for the administration (if you do, I will stand corrected). But does it give you pause? The Bush administration has not said publicly, here are the WMDs? We are on this message board arguing about whether there are any, and a solider, writes a webblog piece doing the Bush administration's job for them. Do you wonder about this strange situation?

DeeDee1965

I was going to ask if this was the sarin that you were talking about

May 2004
    Sarin Shells Made Before 1991 War
    United Press International
    The 155-mm shells containing sarin gas that exploded in Iraq May 17 were manufactured before 1991, a senior U.S. official said Wednesday. That was a pre-Gulf War shell, a different category than the weapons being sought by the Iraq Survey Group, Brig. Gen. David Rodriguez, the joint staff deputy director for operations, told a Pentagon news briefing.
    The artillery shells were rigged to explode as a roadside bomb but failed to detonate. Apparently unknown to the bomber, the shells did not contain explosives but two liquid chemicals that were meant to mix and create sarin, a deadly nerve agent.
    U.S. Army soldiers found the shells and detonated them in place, releasing a small amount of sarin gas that sickened them.
    Rodriguez said the sarin shells were the only ones of their kind found yet.
    It's the only two we've seen the entire time, said Rodriguez.
    An artillery shell bearing traces of mustard gas was discovered in Baghdad, Knight-Ridder reported May 7.
    Neither find is being offered as evidence of Saddam Hussein's alleged illegal weapons programs, one of the prime reasons offered by the Bush administration for the March 2003 invasion and war.
    Saddam's forces used both sarin and mustard gas against Kurds in Halabja in the 1980s.

But thought that Steve-o had given a good response on the same page as your original post

At 9:22 AM, Steve-o said...
    Ahem... so let me get this straight. Iraq had a WMD stockpile because:

a) Some insurgents managed to find a binary GB shell somewhere

b) We might have blown them up

c) They buried some Foxbats, God knows what else they might have buried

d) Trucks went to Syria.

Wow. You guys found the uranium oxide at Al-Qaim, I presume? Was it the 16 drums of U3O8 and radioactive waste found at the abandoned-since-1991 Al-Qaim uranium refining facility? Or was it the yellowcake David Chappelle's notional head of the CIA brought back from the Mother Country in a napkin? What about those alluminum tubes? Those things are DANGEROUS.

The ISG final report makes for some interesting reading, if you take the time to read it. We pretty much had to at DTRA. Y'see, I worked in arms control for about seven years and the rest of my 20 was in the IC.

Just for factual accuracy, GB (Sarin) can and is stored long-term in artillery shells, rockets, spray tanks, bombs, cluster munitions, and land mines. We still have some we haven't destroyed, but we're working on it.

Binary nerve agents were invented to ease the hazards inherent in transporting the munitions to the front. But that's not the big story with the binary shell used at BIAP in an IED. The CIA reports that this particular kind of shell was one of a few prototypes produced in the late 1980s. The assessment that the insurgents didn't know what it was is probably correct. In fact, it had probably been sitting around gathering dust for years with no one knowing what it was, the state of the Iraqi inventory system being as it was. This is why even the administration has not trumpeted this "find" as significant.

Here's some context, since that seems very valuable. In 1996, I participated in hosting a Russian "visit" under the terms of the BW Trilateral Agreement to Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah. While going through one of the ranges (and keep in mind that this was a "visit", not an inspection - we weren't even LOOKING for this stuff) someone stubbed their toe on a piece of metal sticking up out of the ground. It was an unfilled anthrax dispersal device dating back to about 1967. Did the Russians accuse us of lying about our offensive BW program ending in 1969? Nope. We all laughed and talked about the irony of fate.
    Rumsfeld said that he knew where the stockpile was. He later denied saying this.
    And just for the record, it wasn't just Dr. Kay. Duelfer said the same stuff. I guess he's a midget, too.

Wonder what the Plame saga will eventually reveal?

Gordon.

Your right DeeDee, I don't know why they don't mention them.

This is from a CBS news report on 7/6/2004:

"Polish troops recently found several artillery shells filled with sarin or mustard gas."

Yes Gordon, that was one of them.

Yeah...right.. That's all a huge load of BS, Frank. That's the only toxic material you've found: Your own BS. And the only debilitating effect it might have is on the "minds" of the pathetic sub-morons who are still gullible enough to buy into it. Even if there were Sarin, it's a tactical battle weapon.. not a WMD. And even if Saddam had a million tons of the stuff, it would have posed ZERO threat to The U.S...ZERO.
    Hang it up already..
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-30-2005 at 04:44 AM.

Before the war
    Bush et al: He’s got WMD’s and the weapons inspectors are hopeless
    Weapons Inspectors: No he doesn’t and Bush et al are telling porkies
    MSM: He’s got WMD’s …….probably
    Rest of World: No he doesn’t
    American/British people: We’ll give Bush et al the benefit of the doubt.

After the war
    Troops on ground: We can’t find any WMD’s
    Weapons Inspectors: We told you he didn’t have any
    Bush et al: Errmmm…..
    American British people: Has Bush been telling porkies?.
    MSM: Has Bush been telling porkies?.
    Rest of World: We told you before the war that he didn’t have any.
    Bush et al: Errmmm…..We thought he had some. Some of you thought he had some.
    American British people: Some of us think that Bush et al have been telling porkies?.
    Now
    Troops on ground: We found some WMD’s
    Troops on ground: WE FOUND SOME WMD’s
    MSM: We’re saying zip because we are controlled by ………
    Bush et al: We’re saying zip even though it would exonerate us because……We did mention it to the MSM but they won’t pass the message on…
    Weapons Inspectors: What? Where?
    American British people: Errrmmmm…….
    Rest of World: We told you before the …….Aww forget it.
    (Shakes head in disbelief)

Gordon.

Hi Grim,

When I ask, "Why doesn't the administration report this information?" I guess what I really want to know is, do you have a problem with the fact that the Bush administration does not make this public??

DeeDee1965

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Hi Grim,

When I ask, "Why doesn't the administration report this information?" I guess what I really want to know is, do you have a problem with the fact that the Bush administration does not make this public??

DeeDee1965
    Yes and no DeeDee... I'll explain.

It bothers me that they don't make it public only because so many on the left try and pretend he never had any WMD and that just isn't true. The democrats want everyone to forget that Saddam used WMD on the Iranian's and their own people, because they know that the bigger monster Saddam is portrait as, the weaker their anti-war position is.

The reason that it doesn't bother me, is because those shells and other WMD material found over their, don't back up the intelligence claims of "Stock piles" of WMD. What we found was either left overs from before the first gulf war, or materials that hadn't yet been incorporated into WMD's yet. So If Bush were to use those things found to try and prop up the intelligence he received, they wouldn't hold up.

Hi Grim,

Thanks for the reply. However, if Pres. Bush has evidence supporting his sending troops in harms way, he is obligated to share this with his people.

If there were weapons of mass destruction Pres. Bush must tell us, no matter what kind of intelligence he received. This is his JOB, not a choice. If the information shifts, or the intelligence does not line up exactly with actual facts, that is neither here nor there.

The facts are the issue, not his image. If he has facts, the opinion or spin of, Democrat, liberals, the main stream media are a moot point.

If Pres. Truman, has a sign on his desk that says, "The buck stops here," that is the sign of a President and a man. Pres. Bush can act with the same sense of responsibility. If Pres. Kennedy, can come on TV and tell the nation, we have a serious situation brewing in Cuba, and what might happen is not clear, or known at the time, that is a President and a man. President Bush can step up to the plate, and tell the news that has to be told.

DeeDee1965

DeeDee, the reason I know this information, is because it is public. The information about the munition with sarin gas, the mustard gas we found and the enriched uranium was publicized. Unfortunately, the main stream media said as little as possible about it, because it doesn't work too well with their liberal agenda and that is no exaggeration.

This discovery of these things is not secret.

I want to add a personal observation of George Bush. You have no Idea how angry fellow republicans including myself get with him when charges, allegations and harsh criticism is leveled against him and he chooses not to defend himself. He did this in 2000 and ever since 9/11. The unfounded accusations that he chooses not to respond to really upsets many republicans, and best I can figure it is because either he feels taking the high road is a better way to be as president, or he doesn't defend himself because every time he does, the main stream press always portrays him to be either attacking his opponents, or making excuses.

Who knows.

Last edited by Grim17; 12-01-2005 at 04:29 AM.

is that the same "high road" that KERRY took in not responding to the attacks by the right against his campaign for pres!?did it work!?BWAHAAHAHAHA!!live by the sword........... :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    is that the same "high road" that KERRY took in not responding to the attacks by the right against his campaign for pres!?did it work!?BWAHAAHAHAHA!!live by the sword........... :eek: :p :rolleyes:
    Ahhh lex, you must be talking about his refusal to make his military records public. That was a case of him not wanting the public to know he was not honorably discharged, and when him lying about the release of them didn't work (all three times) he chose to remain silent. I hardly call that "taking the high road."

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Ahhh lex, you must be talking about his refusal to make his military records public. That was a case of him not wanting the public to know he was not honorably discharged, and when him lying about the release of them didn't work (all three times) he chose to remain silent. I hardly call that "taking the high road."

"if" he was not honorably discharged was it due to the congressional hearings and his tossing of medals!?i mean we all know of the *****dom of the military and it's command structure of premadonnas.just study the accounts of pearl harbour.and then there's the gun turret incident on the what's it's name.get real you faker.you dont even confess to the true nature of human nature.your always hidin the truth of human nature(thus your own)as if it is a big secret!?or is it part of the unrealistic right's denial of failure as a human condition.the positive by ignoring the negative approach!?thus creating fear of acceptance short of perfection or the willingness to die tryin!?a buck-up or suck-up we dont want no f u c k -ups approach to existance!?just askin.you da man!!uncle sam!!now i know where the term.."say uncle" came from!!how sweet!!hehe!!
    :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: