+ Reply to Thread

Sympathetic Vibrations

Sympathetic Vibrations
    By Chris Cillizza and Peter Slevin
    Sunday, November 27, 2005; Page A04

Democrats fumed last week at Vice President Cheney's suggestion that criticism of the administration's war policies was itself becoming a hindrance to the war effort. But a new poll indicates most Americans are sympathetic to Cheney's point.

Seventy percent of people surveyed said that criticism of the war by Democratic senators hurts troop morale -- with 44 percent saying morale is hurt "a lot," according to a poll taken by RT Strategies. Even self-identified Democrats agree: 55 percent believe criticism hurts morale, while 21 percent say it helps morale.

The results surely will rankle many Democrats, who argue that it is patriotic and supportive of the troops to call attention to what they believe are deep flaws in President Bush's Iraq strategy. But the survey itself cannot be dismissed as a partisan attack. The RTs in RT Strategies are Thomas Riehle, a Democrat, and Lance Tarrance, a veteran GOP pollster.

Their poll also indicates many Americans are skeptical of Democratic complaints about the war. Just three of 10 adults accept that Democrats are leveling criticism because they believe this will help U.S. efforts in Iraq. A majority believes the motive is really to "gain a partisan political advantage."

Link

Amen brother!!!!

What have I been saying here for the longest time?

Nearly every response I got from the left when I would post this, was 100% denial, saying what I proclaimed had not one shred of reality to it.

What say ye now?

Re: Sympathetic Vibrations

define morale.......if spit in on your shoe does it destroy your morale!?when the cops break up your poker party does it destroy your morale!?when your business deal falls thru does it destroy your morale!?if a mob is about to have a lynchin and i grab the victim and escape does it destroy their morale!?how many people does it take to have morale!?all of us!?some of us!?one of us!?none of us!?is morale subjective!?or objective!?or reasoned!?or agreed upon!?comon einstein,show us your genius side.or just go to the dictionary..........ZZZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Sympathetic Vibrations
    By Chris Cillizza and Peter Slevin
    Sunday, November 27, 2005; Page A04

Democrats fumed last week at Vice President Cheney's suggestion that criticism of the administration's war policies was itself becoming a hindrance to the war effort. But a new poll indicates most Americans are sympathetic to Cheney's point.

Seventy percent of people surveyed said that criticism of the war by Democratic senators hurts troop morale -- with 44 percent saying morale is hurt "a lot," according to a poll taken by RT Strategies. Even self-identified Democrats agree: 55 percent believe criticism hurts morale, while 21 percent say it helps morale.

The results surely will rankle many Democrats, who argue that it is patriotic and supportive of the troops to call attention to what they believe are deep flaws in President Bush's Iraq strategy. But the survey itself cannot be dismissed as a partisan attack. The RTs in RT Strategies are Thomas Riehle, a Democrat, and Lance Tarrance, a veteran GOP pollster.

Their poll also indicates many Americans are skeptical of Democratic complaints about the war. Just three of 10 adults accept that Democrats are leveling criticism because they believe this will help U.S. efforts in Iraq. A majority believes the motive is really to "gain a partisan political advantage."

Link

Amen brother!!!!

What have I been saying here for the longest time?

Nearly every response I got from the left when I would post this, was 100% denial, saying what I proclaimed had not one shred of reality to it.

What say ye now?

What? You have nothing to say lady mod?

You are the one that thinks I'm full of it when I question the democrats words concerning the war. So tell me, what do you say to this poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    What? You have nothing to say lady mod?

You are the one that thinks I'm full of it when I question the democrats words concerning the war. So tell me, what do you say to this poll?

Sorry Grim. I've been busy at the house and on the other forums. We have a few situations going on that need my attention. I haven't been on the politics forum much. And it's a little boring here at the moment, nothing new to debate and I'm too busy to want to rehash all the old stuff.

I read this article the other day. It's got a rightwing slant. Had it been off an unbiased site, I would have posted it myself. But the numbers don't jive with those on more nuetral sites so I didn't bother with it. AND they do not tell you where the survey is nor how many people were actually surveyed. Not a single link in the story. See?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...v=rss_politics

They are entitled to their opinions, even if I don't agree with them.

Gotta go,

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-30-2005 at 12:25 AM.

I noticed that you skipped the story about Tom Noe, so I'll just start a new thread about him. IT's much more interesting.

Namaste'

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Sorry Grim. I've been busy at the house and on the other forums. We have a few situations going on that need my attention. I haven't been on the politics forum much. And it's a little boring here at the moment, nothing new to debate and I'm too busy to want to rehash all the old stuff.

I read this article the other day. It's got a rightwing slant. Had it been off an unbiased site, I would have posted it myself. But the numbers don't jive with those on more nuetral sites so I didn't bother with it. AND they do not tell you where the survey is nor how many people were actually surveyed. Not a single link in the story. See?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...v=rss_politics

They are entitled to their opinions, even if I don't agree with them.

Gotta go,

Lady Mod
    You are amazing. The Washington Post is crotch deep in the middle of the liberal media, and run a close second to the NY Times. You said "Had it been off an unbiased site, I would have posted it myself. But the numbers don't jive with those on more nuetral sites so I didn't bother with it." What other poll asked this question and what numbers did they come up with?

Well lady mod, if you would have taken 20 seconds and googled it, you would have found this link

http://www.cookpolitical.com/races/r...l_tl_nov28.pdf

Because you are so pressed for time, I'll post some info for you:

1001 people were surveyed
    31% Republican
    35% Independant
    34% Democrat

Now, do you still say that this has a right wing slant?