+ Reply to Thread

What is Wrong....part 452

In Oakland, 12 black men attired in the extremely distinctive outfit of the Nation of Islam, complete with shades, walked into two liquor stores near each other. They trashed both places, assaulting the employees with fists and bats, and telling the owners that they should not sell liquor to black people. The incidents are , of course, on tape. I must admit...those are some clever costumes!

The N of I has claimed no involvement in these incidents. So, end of story? Ah...no. As soon as black community activists got wind of this, they called news conferences to denounce......can you guess? Why, racism, of course! Proclaiming that the N of I would never do such a thing, they are charging that it is racism behind these horrible divisive charges. Rather than denounce these vicious criminals, or simply SAY NOTHING , these people have again set back any efforts at racial cooperation. They seem to live for this. Who can explain this mindset?

Crank up the excuse machine...lets have 'em...

Re: What is Wrong....part 452

Pwrone,

What is the rest of the story? Where is the link?

DeeDee1965

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...andalism_x.htm

No mention of the racism charges here...I'll link that later. It was all over the local news last night. I gotta run!

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    In Oakland, 12 black men attired in the extremely distinctive outfit of the Nation of Islam, complete with shades, walked into two liquor stores near each other. They trashed both places, assaulting the employees with fists and bats, and telling the owners that they should not sell liquor to black people. The incidents are , of course, on tape. I must admit...those are some clever costumes!

The N of I has claimed no involvement in these incidents. So, end of story? Ah...no. As soon as black community activists got wind of this, they called news conferences to denounce......can you guess? Why, racism, of course! Proclaiming that the N of I would never do such a thing, they are charging that it is racism behind these horrible divisive charges. Rather than denounce these vicious criminals, or simply SAY NOTHING , these people have again set back any efforts at racial cooperation. They seem to live for this. Who can explain this mindset?

Crank up the excuse machine...lets have 'em...

the Muslims, as of Sunday, 11/27/2005 deny culpability in the affair!

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    the Muslims, as of Sunday, 11/27/2005 deny culpability in the affair!

If they are not behind it, and they very well may NOT be, it has to be one of the most pointless and harmful frame jobs on someone of ones own race ever perpetrated. The thing that pushes all my buttons about this is that , no matter which way it turns out, the one thing we KNOW is not to blame is white racism. There are enough ACTUAL scumbag racists around, of all races, that blaming the innocent in this case seems astoundingly counter-productive.

If I were a member of the Nation of Islam, and I was not responsible, I would make a point of not just distancing myself from it, but turning in the perpetrators. And if I were a civic leader in the black community, I would say something hopeful or productive or I would say nothing at all.

Imagine white people in sheets and pointy hats robbing and trashing Arab-owned groceries and beating them up. Imagine the klan disavowing knowledge or participation. Now imagine white folks blaming blacks for inciting race-hatred for suspecting the klan were involved.

We are going crazy.

Okay, before you call me a bunch of names, as generally happens anytime liberals hear something about race relations that makes them uncomfortable, appreciate the delicious quandary the main-stream media must be in over this case!

You see, by their rules...you cannot write about black crimes BUT Muslims are their favorite victim-du-jour...except when white people are NOY the perpetrators...they already were all over the racist accusations from Black Muslims now proven not just false but defamatory---can they print THAT? Nah...it was white people who were victimized by the false accusations so that one can and will go by...but what to do about the Black Muslims themselves? If there is one group that gets a routine pass on race-hatred it is them...But how can they NOT report on these vicious assaults on these innocent people? If only they were white or even hispanic...but ignoring attacks on Muslims....hmmmm

This is the San Fran paper, a communist rag if ever there was one. But they sort of have to at least report this news. Watch and see what parts of this story, if any, get picked up and put out by the nat'l media. I think these various factors may cancel out and we will be left with the hanging racist accusation and nothing more....

Anyone else tired of political correctness? Look at France and you will see where we are headed. You can be ARRESTED for stating your opinions there.

Black Muslims arrested in store attacks
    2 suspects surrender -- Oakland police urge 4 others to turn themselves inHenry K. Lee, Demian Bulwa and Jim Herron Zamora, Chronicle Staff Writers

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Oakland police arrested two men on felony charges of vandalizing two West Oakland corner markets in attacks in which several men in suits and bow ties demanded that the outlets stop selling liquor to African Americans.

Both suspects are affiliated with a local religious sect long suspected of using violence and intimidation in its business dealings, police said.

The men were identified as Yusuf Bey IV, 19, the son of the late Black Muslim leader Yusuf Bey, founder of Your Black Muslim Bakery in North Oakland, and Donald Eugene Cunningham, 73, a bakery associate. Bey and Cunningham surrendered Tuesday at Oakland police headquarters after meeting with police and attorneys.

The younger Bey was described by a law-enforcement source Tuesday as a rising leader in the independent Black Muslim group, which operates four bakeries, a Muslim school, a security business and an apartment building. He took over after his father's death from colon cancer in 2003.

The two men were arrested on suspicion of making terrorist threats, felony vandalism, conspiracy and robbery in the attacks Nov. 23 at San Pablo Liquor on San Pablo Avenue and New York Market on Market Street about 12 blocks away, authorities said.

Yusuf Bey IV was being held in lieu of $200,000 bail at an Oakland jail. Cunningham was being interviewed by police late Tuesday, said Deputy Police Chief Howard Jordan.

Four other men are being sought on arrest warrants in connection with the vandalism at the two stores, Jordan said. He said authorities had been in contact with the men through intermediaries and urged them to surrender. Their names have not been released.

Jordan said police were still investigating whether the vandalism was connected to an arson fire that destroyed New York Market early Monday and the reported kidnapping of store owner Abdel "Tony" Hamdan around the time of the blaze.

Police found Hamdan in the trunk of a car at 1:40 p.m. Monday in the parking lot of a Safeway store in El Cerrito.

Reached by phone Tuesday, Hamdan said, "Please, right now I want nobody calling. Sir, I got nothing else to say."

The San Pablo store's surveillance camera caught a group of about a dozen men in suits and bow ties trashing the store. The group took a shotgun belonging to a store clerk.

Jordan said the suspects were not affiliated with the Nation of Islam, a national organization led by Louis Farrakhan. Police earlier indicated that the suspects were wearing suits and bow ties consistent with Nation of Islam dress.

The surveillance video played a key role in the arrests, police said. "The video is very important," said Sgt. Dom Arotzarena.

When he turned himself in Tuesday afternoon, Yusuf Bey IV was accompanied by his mother, Daulet Bey, who said, "We don't condone what happened. We want to resolve this as quickly as possible."

The suspect had denied any involvement, telling a local newspaper that he had learned of the vandalism through media reports.

At the main bakery on San Pablo Avenue on Tuesday, the younger Bey's sister, Jannah Bey, 25, proclaimed the suspects' innocence. She also said she understood the anger toward stores selling liquor to African Americans.

"The idea was good, but the way it was carried out could have been different," she said, referring to the Nov. 23 vandalism. She said she didn't recognize her brother or anyone else from the surveillance tape.

She added, "Maybe this will be a wake-up call to the community" with residents realizing that liquor stores in Oakland were "not there to help them."

She said Bey's group had nothing to do with the arson fire or kidnapping. "Anyone who knows our history ... we don't handle things like that," she said.

A relative of Cunningham's who would not give her name declined comment when reached by phone Tuesday.

The leader of a local grocer's group reacted cautiously to the arrests.

"We're happy that they made these arrests," said Mohamed Saleh Mohamed, president of the Yemenie American Grocers Association, which represents more than 250 liquor stores in Oakland. "It shows a little progress, but we still don't know what's next."

Mohamed said, "We feel pretty frustrated. We feel very vulnerable right now. The video shows 12 guys. "

The arrests come amid a power struggle within Yusuf Bey's organization after he died.

Three members of the group have been victims of violence since his death, including Bey's 23-year-old-son, Antar, who was shot to death Oct. 25 in an attempted carjacking. Antar Bey had been serving as chief executive officer of the Oakland group.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c...MNGDVG0B5B1.DTL

"maybe this will be a wake-up call about the LIQUOR STORES"

Unbelievable.

WHAT!you one of them just bored housewife tv watchin finger pointer of a god fearin nutcase!?GO HOMELESS and LEARN!!or not!! :eek: :p :D

Pwrone,

Stop right now Pwrone, before something really horrible happens. You are irresponsible, inflammatory, and this of kind thread is unnecessary. So just stop now. I was going to ignore this, but I cannot. You have no idea what you are taking about. Trying to imply the main stream media does not report hate crimes by African-Americans is just plain wrong. This is the third or maybe fourth thread you have started concerning the non-reporting of hate crimes done by people of color. You whine and moan about the main stream media, liberals, democrats, and anyone else you can think up, show a lack of attention to hate crimes done to white people or other group.

You constantly say "liberals," race bait, do not care about minorities, use minorities to further their own agenda. But most of the time, YOU are the only one bringing up racial issues. YOU are the only one outraged, by what the main stream media will, or will not do with respect to reporting "hate crimes." As far as I know, you have not educated, convinced, shed any light, to anyone here (if he has, I stand corrected) on race relations or the position of minorities in this country. When anyone has tried to give you a larger view of crime, race, and justice in this country, your response is either, they are a bleeding heart liberal, or brainwashed by the main stream media.

Pwrone, you do not want a real open, candid discussion of race. If you did, you would not start threads like this one.

All crime is bad, disruptive, sad, tragic,and in a lot of cases, unnecessary. NO ONE on this board thinks, believes, or supports crime in any form. PLEASE, GIVE THIS A REST.

DeeDee1965 :)

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Pwrone,

Stop right now Pwrone, before something really horrible happens. You are irresponsible, inflammatory, and this of kind thread is unnecessary. So just stop now. I was going to ignore this, but I cannot. You have no idea what you are taking about. Trying to imply the main stream media does not report hate crimes by African-Americans is just plain wrong. This is the third or maybe fourth thread you have started concerning the non-reporting of hate crimes done by people of color. You whine and moan about the main stream media, liberals, democrats, and anyone else you can think up, show a lack of attention to hate crimes done to white people or other group.

You constantly say "liberals," race bait, do not care about minorities, use minorities to further their own agenda. But most of the time, YOU are the only one bringing up racial issues. YOU are the only one outraged, by what the main stream media will, or will not do with respect to reporting "hate crimes." As far as I know, you have not educated, convinced, shed any light, to anyone here (if he has, I stand corrected) on race relations or the position of minorities in this country. When anyone has tried to give you a larger view of crime, race, and justice in this country, your response is either, they are a bleeding heart liberal, or brainwashed by the main stream media.

Pwrone, you do not want a real open, candid discussion of race. If you did, you would not start threads like this one.

All crime is bad, disruptive, sad, tragic,and in a lot of cases, unnecessary. NO ONE on this board thinks, believes, or supports crime in any form. PLEASE, GIVE THIS A REST.

DeeDee1965 :)

In my opinion, these threads address some of the most important issues of our time. One is the willful destruction of a large minority group from within, the other is the collusion of the media in the process through the tyranny of political correctness. It KILLS me to watch this happen. It is to the liberals advantage to maintain the status quo. There are countless examples of leftist hatred for those who resist. Why does it bother you so much? Why not agree... or not? I'll stop if you are not able to ignore it. I bring it up BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT. There have been some lively and productive discussions on this board on these issues. I KNOW it makes you feel better to think I am (whatever). There have been black people on this forum that have participated in the discussion and appreciated my point of view and have said so. I KNOW that most blacks feel exactly the same way about many of these things. We just never seem to have any on our forum. It is too bad. Don't feel bad because you want me to "just keep it to myself"...that is the position that all liberals take. The less said, the better. So I will.
    Last edited by pwrone; 12-01-2005 at 10:16 PM.

Pwrone,

Tell me what you know about the destruction of a minority community from within.

Tell me why is kills YOU about this situation.

I agree, it is to the advantage of the majority to try and maintain their status quo. But calling for this board to get bent out of shape because the articles that are produced by the main stream media, is NOT furthering YOUR course of action.

It bothers me so much, because the forces of racial hatred have a very long history in the country. If the main stream media did as you suggest, and tell stories of hate crimes against whites, what do you think will be the outcome?? Do you think the dialogue between all the different ethnic and racial groups would furthered? Or would it spark a severe backlash? Be honest when you answer this question. Do not give me some glib answer, with no real thought or understanding of the entire historical context of racism in this country.

I have been ignoring it, since I got on this board. I have also read replies to your threads that YOU dismiss out of hand.

You know NOTHING about what I think or do not think, so do not second guess me. Your best bet would be to ASK ME.

I do not "feel bad" about anything concerning YOU. I get the impression you are not looking for dialogue, but agreement. Race issues are a complex, and painful subject in this country. Trying to "tell the truth" about the liberal usurpation of the civil rights, and equal rights does not further the argument. No one worth their salt pays any attention to what the main stream media reports about race relations. People who care, study the history of discrimination in this country. They look within themselves, and they listen to the people most affected by the outcome of oppression.

If there are/were African-Americans on this board that agree with you, good for them and for you. I want you to give a rest to the shrill, strident, inflammatory threads about, "Why doesn't the main stream media report [fill in the blank]. Any information I have, I have first hand. NOT from the main stream media. Ask me a question, ask for my opinion, ask for my experiences, and I am more than willing to tell you anything you want to know.

I am more than happy to have a real, honest dialogue about race and race relations in this country. And not just between blacks and whites, but about every oppressed group here. The story does not stop or even begin with black and white, it beings with greed, the need to feel superior, and mostly, lack of imagination. Although this subject is hard, I am willing to talk, learn, and share with you or anyone else. If you want to do that, let me know. I welcome the chance to learn, as well as educate.

No hard feelings, OK? :) I like you a lot, against my better judgement. LOL LOL :p

DeeDee1965

I am sort of confused by some of your comments...what is your ethnic group?

12. 12-02-2005, 05:24 AM

Pwrone,

I am an African-American woman. What are you confused about? Please tell me so I can clarify any questions you might have.

DeeDee1965

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Pwrone,

I am an African-American woman. What are you confused about? Please tell me so I can clarify any questions you might have.

DeeDee1965

Okay...well, that explains a few things...LOL. I could not figure out why you cared that much! No one else does, beside me. If you would rather I don't bring up any subject that concerns African-Americans, I won't. ..Although, that is exactly how things got to the point they are at.
    Last edited by pwrone; 12-02-2005 at 08:21 AM.

Tell me what you know about the destruction of a minority community from within.

Tell me why is kills YOU about this situation.

I agree, it is to the advantage of the majority to try and maintain their status quo. But calling for this board to get bent out of shape because the articles that are produced by the main stream media, is NOT furthering YOUR course of action.

It bothers me so much, because the forces of racial hatred have a very long history in the country. If the main stream media did as you suggest, and tell stories of hate crimes against whites, what do you think will be the outcome?? Do you think the dialogue between all the different ethnic and racial groups would furthered? Or would it spark a severe backlash? Be honest when you answer this question. Do not give me some glib answer, with no real thought or understanding of the entire historical context of racism in this country.

I have been ignoring it, since I got on this board. I have also read replies to your threads that YOU dismiss out of hand.

You know NOTHING about what I think or do not think, so do not second guess me. Your best bet would be to ASK ME.

I do not "feel bad" about anything concerning YOU. I get the impression you are not looking for dialogue, but agreement. Race issues are a complex, and painful subject in this country. Trying to "tell the truth" about the liberal usurpation of the civil rights, and equal rights does not further the argument. No one worth their salt pays any attention to what the main stream media reports about race relations. People who care, study the history of discrimination in this country. They look within themselves, and they listen to the people most affected by the outcome of oppression.

If there are/were African-Americans on this board that agree with you, good for them and for you. I want you to give a rest to the shrill, strident, inflammatory threads about, "Why doesn't the main stream media report [fill in the blank]. Any information I have, I have first hand. NOT from the main stream media. Ask me a question, ask for my opinion, ask for my experiences, and I am more than willing to tell you anything you want to know.

I am more than happy to have a real, honest dialogue about race and race relations in this country. And not just between blacks and whites, but about every oppressed group here. The story does not stop or even begin with black and white, it beings with greed, the need to feel superior, and mostly, lack of imagination. Although this subject is hard, I am willing to talk, learn, and share with you or anyone else. If you want to do that, let me know. I welcome the chance to learn, as well as educate.

No hard feelings, OK? :) I like you a lot, against my better judgement. LOL LOL :p

DeeDee1965
    OK Pwrone,

Now that I have told you something, that in the scheme of things, does not make a dimes worth of difference in an honest, intelligent debate, READ THE ABOVE AND REPLY.

DeeDee1965

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Okay...well, that explains a few things...LOL. I could not figure out why you cared that much! No one else does, beside me. If you would rather I don't bring up any subject that concerns African-Americans, I won't. ..Although, that is exactly how things got to the point they are at.

EVERYONE must face up to raciasts and biggoted attitudes, sentiments,
    REGARDLESS OF RACE OR ETHNIC BACKGROUND. It exists on all
    "sides" and is a pox. If a certain faction is commiting crimes, wrongs
    against others, especially at large, they must be identified and
    stopped. The courts and legal system are the grounds of society
    where these matters can be settled civily. All it takes is public
    responsibility and patience on the part of the individual.
    Get rid of your personal hatred, if you have it. It is a mental Cancer!
    Lest we forget as well, the American Indians that have been lied to,
    massacred, abused, mistreated, shoved out of sight on to their out
    of the way "reservation"s and one very seldom ever hears their complaints
    or about their plight.
    Whose lands do you think you are living on right now?