+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please unban dchristie

It is easy enough to ignore something that makes us unhappy, isn't it? At least give him a break under the new rules to see if he can, or cares to, participate in a "kind and gentle" political discourse(shiver).

I would be very surprised if anyone from the right would want anyone banned for speech of any kind (short of threats or racism). It is just not how we think.
    Last edited by pwrone; 11-27-2005 at 08:18 PM.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: Please unban dchristie

You all wear me out.

OK, OK!

LM

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    You all wear me out.

OK, OK!

LM
    Should I take this post to mean that you are lifting the ban on dchristie?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Should I take this post to mean that you are lifting the ban on dchristie?

At least long enough to determine if he is going to go along with the new rules. It shouldn't be that hard to eliminate "monkey" and expletives directed at members from his posts.

And if Pwrone hadn't been banned and RegulationE made his comment, I might not have gotten to thinking about this forum enough to decide that I'm just going to bite the bullet and insist that we all behave like humans towards each other. I realize it was probably the shortest banning in history, but we might as well try this before the first.

Is that a problem for you Grim? Because, to be really honest, I've had it up to my eyeballs with members who insist on second guessing or criticizing how I moderate this political forum. I will not be held to a higher standard when posts are directed at me nor will I not participate because some don't like it when I best them. I exercise more power than others, but 99% of the time, I've maintained a decent level of balance here, not perfect perhaps, but I worked with what I had to work with. The right has been just as awful as the left in the tones of their posts, you are not faultless either Grim. I have a lot of things I could do that are more pleasurable, more profitable and more gratifying than moderate this forum. It's the occassional "thank you" from someone I don't even know who saw me as helpful that keeps me from walking away from it. And that was what brought me to scam.com in the first place, to help people who were afraid of being scammed.

Lady Mod

At least long enough to determine if he is going to go along with the new rules. It shouldn't be that hard to eliminate "monkey" and expletives directed at members from his posts.
    Well the not using Monkey in every post will be a challenge for him :eek:

Grim17,

While I tend to see the world more along the lines you do, you also have some of the same habits dchristie does.

There is a difference between a Liberal Wacko and the far left for instance. (only that one is less of a jab, they mean about the same thing)

Debates tend to be much more fun when we try to speak as adults. Calling someone a name in every post doesn't get your point across any better.

DeeDee1965 is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

WELCOME BACK PWRONE!!!!!

:D

DeeDee1965 ;)

Lady mod, I don't have a problem with it at all. I was just unclear to what your post meant.

And Reg E, I generally return what is dished out to me, but unfortunately it tends to be aimed at all, rather that the ones who deserve it, and that is a problem of mine when I post.

Last edited by Grim17; 11-28-2005 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    WELCOME BACK PWRONE!!!!!

:D

DeeDee1965 ;)

Thanks, sweetie!

It's the occassional "thank you" from someone I don't even know who saw me as helpful that keeps me from walking away from it.

Lady Mod
    I wouldn't want the job, and I know for a fact that things would probably operate in reverso world if I was in your position. You can ask me to walk a mile in your mocassins the next time. :cool:

Thanx; R8R

And if Pwrone hadn't been banned and RegulationE made his comment, I might not have gotten to thinking about this forum enough to decide that I'm just going to bite the bullet and insist that we all behave like humans towards each other. I realize it was probably the shortest banning in history, but we might as well try this before the first.

Is that a problem for you Grim? Because, to be really honest, I've had it up to my eyeballs with members who insist on second guessing or criticizing how I moderate this political forum. I will not be held to a higher standard when posts are directed at me nor will I not participate because some don't like it when I best them. I exercise more power than others, but 99% of the time, I've maintained a decent level of balance here, not perfect perhaps, but I worked with what I had to work with. The right has been just as awful as the left in the tones of their posts, you are not faultless either Grim. I have a lot of things I could do that are more pleasurable, more profitable and more gratifying than moderate this forum. It's the occassional "thank you" from someone I don't even know who saw me as helpful that keeps me from walking away from it. And that was what brought me to scam.com in the first place, to help people who were afraid of being scammed.

Lady Mod

Thank you for the forum. This is a lively bunch.

lololololololololol
    Quote Originally Posted by gussser
    DC You post on so many different subjects that it hard to keep up with it all. Unconfuse me---ARE YOU JEWISH?????
    Take the Quiz! Are you left?Right? Middle?

The Quiz!

Lady Mod, For whatever it's worth (probably not too much) :) Here's my 2 cents. I have no problem with monkey chimps ect ect, even when it's posted to me. All i do is laugh ;) I don't want this forum to become too bland or serious and take the fun out of it. However i've recently read a post that said in so many words: "Your mother is a crack *****" "I did her" "Your father is a drunk" ect. imo words like these are disgraceful and completly unacceptable. All the monkey chimp stuff is harmless humor that i actually enjoy lol. just my opinion...
    Rich99

When did dchristie get banned?

<----late to party.

Quote Originally Posted by yossarian
    When did dchristie get banned?

<----late to party.

A long time ago.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Rich99
    Lady Mod, For whatever it's worth (probably not too much) :) Here's my 2 cents. I have no problem with monkey chimps ect ect, even when it's posted to me. All i do is laugh ;) I don't want this forum to become too bland or serious and take the fun out of it. However i've recently read a post that said in so many words: "Your mother is a crack *****" "I did her" "Your father is a drunk" ect. imo words like these are disgraceful and completly unacceptable. All the monkey chimp stuff is harmless humor that i actually enjoy lol. just my opinion...
    I hear you. I think that whole deal started with one of those Zealot Christians, it might have been Yogi when he started trashing my husband one time.

I could get D, Ronald and even AC and Username to stop with those kinds of remarks, but I don't think I could get those on the right who do the same thing, pwrone, frankie (a few others who post only occassionally) to stop. personally, I think it destroys any credibility they might have with the issues when they resort to that kind of "Punk" behavior and it rather unbecoming of adult men, most of whom I admire, but I doubt any of them are worried whether or not they come off sounding like gangsta thugs.

It's kind hard to think badly of Zionists or support Israel when those crying foul are so poorly incable of making an good insult that doesn't contain an expletive or remark about sexually doing someone's mother, sister or wife. Especially from those who make writing a full or part-time career.

I doubt they worry about what I think though. That is fairly obvious. LOL.

Lady Mod

dchristie represents all that is ugly in a free speech based society. his opinions are dangerous, racist and reactionary. With this in mind, banning him is a very bad idea.
    How can one know the beast without viisiting a zoo?

Please unban Mr Tolerance. The B'nai Brith has a lovely fruit basket for him. That and a basket of pooh!