Poll: What to you think of a new forum?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: A Kinder, More Gentle Political Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    and on that note i call fer the playin of amazin grace on the bagpipes scotty(i'm a scotty)!! :eek: :rolleyes:
    Just call me H-57! :D
    As for folks getting all ripped and stirred up about discussing religion and
    politics, I've never really got it, most of my life; why people want to shout
    down, shut-up, or in some instances I have seen actually seem to want to
    hurt someone really bad. Final analysis: GOT TO BE PERSONAL INSECURITY!
    All these political parties and religious denominations do is set people
    against each other. Or, at least it is hoped by factions of power
    that this purpose is served. That helps them to better control us when
    they bring us to compete passionately... then we are willing to wage
    war against each other (they hope) so that their positions will be
    better established and assured. Also, to serve to allow ourselves to
    be nothing but Pawns on their chesssboards of power that they can
    enlist to do their bidding.
    Is that because they are insecure and have so little personal substance that
    they feel that someone disagreeing with them regarding their opinion or
    choice wreaks such devastating damage to them personally? Yep, I think so!
    If people could only see that choosing sides in the political arena most
    often does not serve democracy or clear vision. These political parties
    are actuall contrivances that have been cuningly set up by masters of
    conflict and deviseveness that cloud the minds of the masses with such
    posioned positions and emotions to blind the individual to often lack the
    clear vision necessary to actuall see what these master of control are
    actually doing with our government. Remember the story of the 'Kings New
    Clothes? Never forget that!
    Have you noticed the 'hey, look over there! ploy that is so often
    used to grab the publics attention; some supposedly, seemingly very
    important item, issue that has suddenly developed. Which upon closer
    examiantions makes one wonder what's really up? It is like a continous
    game of guessing which walnut the pea is hidden under... what is really
    going on, being hid.
    Mushroom farming: 'keep 'em in the dark and feed them a lot of
    ______________' (fill in the blank) :D
    Better wise up people. We are not getting government for the people.
    It is just a very tidy arrangement to serve factions of power. They just
    play games with us.
    Pay very, very close attention. You can see it. Some do, day in and day
    out.
    Some generation will come along that will refuse to play along with it.
    We had one for a while in the sixties...
    Remember what happened at Kent State? Never forget!

Quote Originally Posted by PAYEK
    Isn't it though. Too bad we can't do that in "real life".. :rolleyes: :D
    i dont know about anyone else but i have been doin alot of that lately!!for what is the true position of help but to just listen! and respond with kindness!?what is the meaning of forgiveness anyway!?and who is it's author!?we all must (or not)individually tread this path without any consideration for ourselves.why else would it be said to be the narrow path!? and few be those that find it!?just askin!!have a nice day!!
    :p :rolleyes:

war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

I will work harder myself to respond with kindness, Even upon being attacked, everyone should! Nothing gets really discussed here, it gets ranted back in forth. Disipline is what i will attempt to show here from now on, Im sure even though ill try there will be times i cant, But im gonna put in the effort anyway!
    war_on_scam

Ujeban Guest

Paa
    Re: russian scam?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear all, americans, please come back. We really want to talk with about your lifestyle and show you our, maybe then we'll see, that you not stupid fat jerks. And maybe you'll see, that we allso very nice and friendly. And maybe sometimes you'll tell your children that you know, that good people live here and tell about us truth.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6015&page=1&pp=40

HI ALL!!!

My, my... ya'll have been busy since I've been away!! I see the new rules have gotten at least a couple of people banned :) Raider - you know better than to mess with Lady Mod! and war_man?.. I like your style ;)

The craziness continues around here! - STILL not done Christmas shopping... I hate it!! No "ho-ho-ho" here!

Okay... I just wanted to say HI and

wish you ALL the Happiest of Holidays!

(Plus I HAD to put my two cents in on Lady Mod's thread about the spying our crazy President is behind!) :rolleyes: MORON!!!!!!

I MISS YOU GUYS :(

Susan

Ä* *ó â*ñ óæå ñîâñåì, ëèáåð*ëèçì ð*çâåëè! There's not a single curse in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bin
    Ä* *ó â*ñ óæå ñîâñåì, ëèáåð*ëèçì ð*çâåëè! There's not a single curse in here!
    LOL, hello Mr Bin. You know I can have that double checked right? I now have a Russian friend who can translate. :D

Welcome to the boards.

Lady Mod

Go on. Translate. I'll even give you some help. Ëèáåð*ëèçì is for Liberalism. Ä* *ó â*ñ ñîâñåì is an untraslatable idiom, meaning, I'm tired of this sort of speaking, well - posting. Ð*çâåëè is for Have already Written.

Go on. Translate. I'll even give you some help. Ëèáåð*ëèçì is for Liberalism. Ä* *ó â*ñ ñîâñåì is an untraslatable idiom, meaning, I'm tired of this sort of speaking, well - posting. Ð*çâåëè is for Have already Written.

Why thank you. I was only teasing you. :)

Namaste'

Lady Mod

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

NP. As some say, optimists learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, realists study the m16...

More NITRO! :eek: :)

Since there is so little respect for this moderator and constant questioning of the rules and why people are banned, I'm not banning people in politics anymore. You all are on your own. Sling mud, go back to being the heathen some of you are. Fill the threads with hate and intolerance of others.

Do not bother me with complaints nor the other moderators, I've put out the word. You want no controls, go for it.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Since there is so little respect for this moderator and constant questioning of the rules and why people are banned, I'm not banning people in politics anymore. You all are on your own. Sling mud, go back to being the heathen some of you are. Fill the threads with hate and intolerance of others.

Do not bother me with complaints nor the other moderators, I've put out the word. You want no controls, go for it.

Lady Mod
    Well, the poll shows its pretty even, but in reality it is obviously not so. Polls are funny like that.
    So, what's it like to run 90 yards in the 100 yard sprint and then decide the prize is not worth the effort? Belive me, 90% of the members in the political forum are behind you 100%. That's better than ANY President that I can remember!

I, for one, hope you will reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by catch-22
    Well, the poll shows its pretty even, but in reality it is obviously not so. Polls are funny like that.
    So, what's it like to run 90 yards in the 100 yard sprint and then decide the prize is not worth the effort? Belive me, 90% of the members in the political forum are behind you 100%. That's better than ANY President that I can remember!

I, for one, hope you will reconsider.
    The other moderators and I have decided to give it a month, until the end of January. I hope that people will consider moderating themselves and that things will remain peaceful. I unbanned all the banned members on this forum.

If nothing else, we will know beyond a shadow of a doubt who we will need to consider permanently banning and who doesn't? I have a lot of things I will be doing next month that are important to me and my family, I will be concentrating on that.

No other forum I have EVER read allows people to question or criticize a moderators decisions, I allowed it here, that was my first mistake. I'll post like any member posts for a month. The other moderators will watch and see how things develop and turn into here. But they have agreed not to ban anyone.

I know I do have a lot of support here, it's apparent every time a neocon decides to start a moderator bashing thread dedicated in my honor. Hopefully by the end of January, they will have purged all that hate and discontent out of their systems. When I come back as moderator there won't be temp bans, it will be permanent bans and IP's will be included so there won't be making up new names either.

I'm sorry to those who feel abandoned. I just feel that some of these people here don't have a clue what it is that they want. Maybe this action and what results from it will clarify it for them.

This is a liberal oriented poitical forum. No matter how much preaching the right does, that's not going to change things. I am a liberal oriented moderator, no matter how much the right preaches at me, I will remain such. I don't follow wrong thinking and I believe the right are on a mission to control everyone's thinking, morals, and worship practices, I believe this is wrong. I do not think liberals are any more monsters than conservatives, I do not think liberals ways are always correct anymore than I think conservatives have all the answers. If this country, this planet's citizens can not learn to come to some kind of Middle ground and compromises, there isn't a whole lot of hope for it's longevity anyway.

We have some awesome people on this forum, I've learned a lot. Their posts force me to think, dig deeper for the real truth, formulate my own answers, I hope that will be the same for others here.

Anyway, I'll have my political moderator hat back on Feb. 1st.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Sorry if you were offended by my questioning your inconsistent application of the rules here. But I see no reason for them if you are only going to apply them when and where the mood strikes you.

I also wonder who decided this would be a liberal leaning political forum. Why can it not be a forum where anyone can post what they want (free speech, one of the liberals favorite things these days) and face the music of those who don't agree? Sort of a "burn your butt and you'll sit on the blister" kind of thing......

Very well. I won't question any further. One should never question authority. One should just do what one is told. There aren't problems that way, and the authority remains happy.

I'll move on. I have nothing of value to contribute here. I don't bash Bush and I question things, and we can't have that.

Good luck to all.

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinInTn
    Sorry if you were offended by my questioning your inconsistent application of the rules here. But I see no reason for them if you are only going to apply them when and where the mood strikes you.

I also wonder who decided this would be a liberal leaning political forum. Why can it not be a forum where anyone can post what they want (free speech, one of the liberals favorite things these days) and face the music of those who don't agree? Sort of a "burn your butt and you'll sit on the blister" kind of thing......

Very well. I won't question any further. One should never question authority. One should just do what one is told. There aren't problems that way, and the authority remains happy.

I'll move on. I have nothing of value to contribute here. I don't bash Bush and I question things, and we can't have that.

Good luck to all.

Robin
    That's right Robin, never question anyone and respect authority as any good sheeple should do. This would include Presidents, governors, teachers, and moderators. Isn't that what you advocate? So, practice what you preach. I allowed people to break out from sheeple mentality and question what I do here and man, you guys sure run with it.

I've moderated this forum for over 9 months, it's always leaned to the left. No one decided it, that's just the way it is. Before I started moderating this forum only a few zealots from both sides posted, no one else could get a word in edgewise. Only the extremists spoke, and not very nicely either. I was here then too, I just wasn't a moderator.

Everyone has been allowed free speech, the right have not been denied this. I've overlooked a lot of crap from them just like I overlooked a lot of crap from the left. But people like yourself think I should only moderate the left and leave the right alone. I guess maybe because you guys are outnumbered here? Who really knows.

It started out here that the only rules here were don't cuss, don't make death threats. Courtesy never factored in. However, many wanted to be able to post without being attacked and so began a tightening up of the rules. As I said before, you don't have a clue. You weren't here before this political forum was moderated, I was. I KNOW what it was like. So does HDM, so does dchristie, and several others.

I wasn't offended by your questioning, I made up my mind a long time ago on the Brixdale thread that your ego was bigger than your brain and allowed for that handicap of yours when you posted. I just can't fathom when one searches all your posts, why you, who contributes nothing to any debate, any conversation nor any discussion other than to criticize or question the facts of a matter, why you even bother posting at all? I figure now that some days you are just compelled to spew nonsense on a public forum.

Lady Mod

war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

A moderater should not have to explain herself or himself more then once, they make the rules here either follow them or hit the road. Some people must have been born in a barn and kicked in the head by the horse in that barn. It might be funny if it wasnt so sad. Keep it up im sure your cry to be banned is starting to get heard, mine was and darn go figuire im what you may call one of them liberals. Hey wait I feel cheated I Thought the Right wingers were the only ones supposed to get Banned, Who ever believes that here has got rocks for brains..
    war_on_scam