+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 31

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    I have posted many times claiming and proving that the people in this country that embrace a liberal ideology use false accusations, mis-quotes, distortions and out right lies as a part of their strategy to destroy president Bush and regain their lost political power.

    Every time I do so, the liberals/democrats/anti-war people/anti-bush people get extremely offended and deny that they are any such thing. Even when faced with the indisputable truth that contradicts their claims, they will not, or can not face up to it. They just pretend that the evidence isn't real and continue to broadcast the same lies. It is incredible to me, when their lies and distortions run out of steam and are exposed, how quickly they will jump on the next accusation or distortion like nothing ever happened.

    I think what makes it so easy for them to do this and almost never be held to account is because they have the strongest possible ally that protects them from facing up to their lies, and their own consciences. It's called the "Main Stream Media"

    Here is an issue from 3 years or so ago, that shows exactly how far the democrats will take a lie, and how the MSM will support their fabrications.

    The left claims that Bush lied and said Saddam poses an "imminent threat" to the United States

    “I do believe that Iraq poses an imminent threat, but I also believe that after September 11th, that question is increasingly outdated.”
    DEMOCRATIC SEN. JAY ROCKEFELLER (October 10, 2002)

    "What I keep having to remind myself is that we went to war in Iraq based upon an imminent threat which was being caused by weapons of mass destruction."
    DEMOCRATIC SEN. JAY ROCKEFELLER (October 17, 2005)

    THE STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS
    Bush Calls Iraq Imminent Threat

    Los Angeles Times, January 29, 2003

    "The public was told that Saddam posed an imminent threat. If that claim was fraudulent, the selling of the war is arguably the worst scandal in American political history - worse than Watergate, worse than Iran-contra."
    New York Times columnist Paul Krugman

    [i]"As the ranking Democrat on the House Select Committee on Intelligence, I have seen no evidence or intelligence that suggests that Iraq indeed poses an imminent threat to our nation. If the Administration has that information, they have not shared it with the Congress."[\i]
    House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi October 3, 2002

    "The second lie was that Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction represent an imminent threat to U.S. security."
    Robert Scheer in the Los Angeles Times March 4, 2003

    "The justification for going to war against Iraq was the imminent threat its weapons of mass destruction posed to the safety and security of Americans."
    Seattle Post-Intelligencer June 5, 2003

    "THE WHITE HOUSE has told us "to move on" and forget that the president used questionable evidence to persuade Congress that Iraq's nuclear weapons program represented an imminent threat to our national security."
    San Francisco Chronicle July 15, 2003

    "Target Iraq: Imminent Threat Analysis"
    Priority Peace, March 7, 2003.

    "Bush claimed that Iraq posed an imminent threat to the U.S., but his evidence was not very persuasive"
    CBC News July 3, 2003

    [i]"Iraq: Bush Tells Americans Saddam Is An Imminent Threat"[\i]
    Radio Free Europe October 7, 2002

    "In just seven short months, beginning as early as February 2001, Bush administration officials said Iraq went from being a threat only to its own people to posing an imminent threat to the world.
    JASON LEOPOLD CounterPunch


    The administration was criticized before the war for not making a case that Iraq was an imminent threat, denied at that time that war was based on the supposition of an imminent threat, and was criticized after the war for having lied that Iraq was an imminent threat.

    Same issue, but this time it isn't the president that's in the liberal cross-hair


    "And the White House press secretary, speaking for his boss, Scott McClellan, says, 'This is about an imminent threat.'"
    Paul Begala CNN Crossfire January 30 2004

    "The researchers at the liberal Center for American Progress were having none of it. In a press release yesterday, they list 30 statements with variations on the theme, including this one from a McClellan news conference on Feb. 10, 2003: 'Mr. McClellan: This is about an imminent threat.'"
    Dan Froomkin Washington Post's Feb. 2003

    "The administration used the arsenal to depict Iraq as a looming threat, and White House spokesman Scott McClellan referred last February to an 'imminent threat,'"
    Mark Matthews The Baltimore Sun Feb, 2003

    Analysts at the Center for American Progress said in their January 29 e-mail newsletter that Scott McClellan made that statement "imminent threat" as a reason why "NATO should go along with the Administration's Iraq war plan."

    HERE IS THE FACTS ON WHAT MCCLELLAN SAID:

    McClellan was actually talking about Iraq potentially posing an "imminent threat" to Turkey if a war started, which would justify invoking the NATO charter and allowing alliance members to help defend Turkey.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    432

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Blah...blah....blah.... Bush cherry-picked the intel that made his case. The PDB's that are now being requested from the White House will show that daily, the President was being informed that Irag was not involved in 9/11 and that they posed no threat. Although he told the American people different.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Synik
    Blah...blah....blah.... Bush cherry-picked the intel that made his case. The PDB's that are now being requested from the White House will show that daily, the President was being informed that Irag was not involved in 9/11 and that they posed no threat. Although he told the American people different.
    Translated, your saying "Who cares...who cares...who cares" You people on the left either spout such lies, support such lies, or give you approval by not objecting when those of your ideology use of such lies to attack the administration and make our government look bad in front of the world.

    Synik, who is requesting those PDB's?

    The Silverman commission already examined all of the PDB's and released their report six months ago. They said that if anything, the PDB's and other intelligence that the president received was even more critical of Iraq's threat than the National Intelligence Estimate was. So why would anyone be calling for documents that have already been looked at?

    Because the democrats want to continue their use of lies and distortions to make the American people and the world believe that the administration lied, when they themselves know damn well that they did not. Same old story.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    51

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    such lies to attack the administration and make our government look bad in front of the world.


    If you are so worried about how your government looks in the eyes of the world, can you tell me what you have done about the use of phosphorous chemical weapons in Iraq?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Gordon, I believe there is a thread allready started on that issue. If not, then start one up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Grim,

    To be quite honest, I do not know what your point is. Do you want the people on this board to change their views, because you have shown evidence of the "truth?" Or do you want "liberals," "democrats," "anti Bush people," everywhere to "see the light?"

    We are debating politics. If everyone agree, what would be the point of this board?
    Of course everyone has a different take on reality, or the facts, or the truth, or whatever. That is what makes debating fun, and interesting. We all can learn something we did not know before. If I agreed with you, I would not need to talk to you, right? Do you want this board to be an "amen corner?" I am puzzled by your thread.

    Since when are different views of events, called lies? This board, as well as the rest of the country, have different points of view. I might interpret information differently from you, that does not make either you or I, a liar. The same can be said for all the people whom you have quoted here. I just do not understand your point. :confused:

    By the way, if you are referring to the people on this board in your, shall we say, frustration with the facts; I might add that I do not get any of my information from main stream media.

    Pres. Bush may not have said the words "imminent threat." However, there was a definite impression of the need for urgency left after, Sec. of State Colin Powell, Sec. of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Nation Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, ran around trying to drum up support for the invasion of Iraq.


    In Their Own Words

    DeeDee1965

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Bush doesn't seem to care how he looks to the rest of the world, why do the Neocons?



    Lady Mod

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    6,643

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Bush doesn't seem to care how he looks to the rest of the world, why do the Neocons?

    Lady Mod
    Because when you attack the character and actions of the man, you are attacking the United States in the eyes of the world. He is our chief representative and when you say for instance "he lied to take us to war" you have just convicted the entire country of being liars and that includes our citizens, diplomats and most importantly our soldiers.

    American first, politics second.

    .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Because when you attack the character and actions of the man, you are attacking the United States in the eyes of the world. He is our chief representative and when you say for instance "he lied to take us to war" you have just convicted the entire country of being liars and that includes our citizens, diplomats and most importantly our soldiers.

    American first, politics second.

    .
    You have strange ways of looking at things sometimes Grim. Where in the world, as in this blue planet and not being sarcastic, do you figure that in it's eyes it looks like we are attacking our own country when we question and criticize the actions and character of the president? Where do you get this thinking from that the rest of the world thinks such an action is communicating to the rest of the them that all Americans are liars? That doesn't even make sense.

    Do you really think that the "rest of the world" lacks that much intelligence?

    I think they are hoping the the American people will get a backbone and remove the embarrassing figure head from office by whatever means it takes. But I don't think that they believe that we are calling ourselves liars.

    Well, maybe with the exception of the far right, but they probably understand that in every society there is a faction blindly loyal to the figure head in charge.

    Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-27-2005 at 04:50 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    633

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    We are debating politics. If everyone agree, what would be the point of this board?
    Of course everyone has a different take on reality, or the facts, or the truth, or whatever. That is what makes debating fun, and interesting. We all can learn something we did not know before. If I agreed with you, I would not need to talk to you, right? Do you want this board to be an "amen corner?" I am puzzled by your thread.
    Just a snip from your original response, but the part that I believe is the most important.

    There is really no debate taking place on this board 90% of the time. More often then not it is a exercise in name calling.

    It is pretty easy to see when one side or the other has mostly won the debate based solely on who utters the first put down of the other side. You can pretty much rest assured if dchristie has entered the thread, the debate/discussion is over for example. When you see lexx psoting to a thread you can typically skip over their post and continue because they rarely if ever post anything meaningful. But keep your eye out on them, every once in a while they decide to add to the discussion instead of throw insults.

    Grim17 is one that seems to feel the need to convert everyone to their way of seeing the world. I don't have a problem with that, but it does tend to end discussions rather quickly.

    Personally I like to read opposing views, and sometimes I like to battle with the name callers. But usually I read for a few days then go away, knowing that when I come back it will be pretty much the same old argument taking place.

    I won't be long before I leave again for a while, but it has been refreshing to read some of your posts. Maybe you will still be here when I stop back in again.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    51

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Everybody lies. I mean everybody.
    At one end of the spectrum you have Santa Claus and the tooth fairy and at the other you have deliberate deception for personal gain. Along the way you have "Yes that really does look good on you", through fraudsters, perjurors and even lawyers and politicians. We all fit in there somewhere.
    I've been in enough meetings to recognise that when a politician says, "We have no plans to ...(whatever)..... at this point in time", what they actually mean is "We are going to make a start first thing Monday morning."
    And if you want to know how much one single word can mean, go see what difference "primarily" meant in recent agreements concerning the definition and use of land-mines.
    The real question is about intent. I would contend that on the balance of evidence available to the general public both before, during and after the attack on Iraq, an impartial observer would conclude that it was the intention of the US and UK administrations to make public opinion more receptive to an attack. They did this by selective use of the material available to them.

    Gordon

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Translated, your saying "Who cares...who cares...who cares" You people on the left either spout such lies, support such lies, or give you approval by not objecting when those of your ideology use of such lies to attack the administration and make our government look bad in front of the world.

    Synik, who is requesting those PDB's?

    The Silverman commission already examined all of the PDB's and released their report six months ago. They said that if anything, the PDB's and other intelligence that the president received was even more critical of Iraq's threat than the National Intelligence Estimate was. So why would anyone be calling for documents that have already been looked at?

    Because the democrats want to continue their use of lies and distortions to make the American people and the world believe that the administration lied, when they themselves know damn well that they did not. Same old story.

    speakin of the damned......how ya doin panty striper!!gonna save the world from evil are ya!?got the retoric ta prove it!?posted it over and over!?got yourself convinced yet!?is playin god your favorite reason to exist!?got freinds ta back ya up!?(with enough firepower!?)got a nice comfortable life!?all secure and safe!?jesus speak praise of you to the father!?lets see....the gov looks bad in the worlds eyes because you just cant get enough people to see things your way......guess it's all your fault then......i'll just tip off the administration they have a scapegoat!you'll go willingly of course,for the good of the cause.nuthin personal.just business.dont be no fool now.we will all salute your sacrifice.even me!!PSSSST...keep me on ignore...it's working!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:
    Last edited by lexx; 11-27-2005 at 06:00 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    586

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    Just a snip from your original response, but the part that I believe is the most important.

    There is really no debate taking place on this board 90% of the time. More often then not it is a exercise in name calling.

    It is pretty easy to see when one side or the other has mostly won the debate based solely on who utters the first put down of the other side. You can pretty much rest assured if dchristie has entered the thread, the debate/discussion is over for example. When you see lexx psoting to a thread you can typically skip over their post and continue because they rarely if ever post anything meaningful. But keep your eye out on them, every once in a while they decide to add to the discussion instead of throw insults.

    Grim17 is one that seems to feel the need to convert everyone to their way of seeing the world. I don't have a problem with that, but it does tend to end discussions rather quickly.

    Personally I like to read opposing views, and sometimes I like to battle with the name callers. But usually I read for a few days then go away, knowing that when I come back it will be pretty much the same old argument taking place.

    I won't be long before I leave again for a while, but it has been refreshing to read some of your posts. Maybe you will still be here when I stop back in again.
    Hi RegulationE,

    Thank you for the kind words. :) Unfortunately I agree with much that you have written here.I have had my little "I am sick of this place," before as well. But I do live in hope. This is one board where the people are smart, and do stay on topic more then I have seen on other boards. I guess that is why I am still here. :p

    By the way, is your avatar a Mobius Strip?

    DeeDee1965

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    New Rules will soon be in affect. Please aquaint yourselves with them.

    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=7612

    Namaste'

    Lady Mod

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    I didn't read the article, but I thought the question "when will liberal dishonesty end?" was kind of catchy. I think it, or rather Democrat dishonesty, would end the day George Bush and the rest of his murdering for profit associates stop pretending they're Christian. So about the same day as that. =)

    - ronald

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Liberal Dishonesty: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Bush doesn't seem to care how he looks to the rest of the world, why do the Neocons?



    Lady Mod
    Here is the American president, supposedly the most powerful man in the world, this clown is the best the Republican party could send out. This is not just embarrassing; It's catastrophic.

    - Ronald

Similar Threads

  1. Magic Car Transport LLC (Dishonesty and Scamming ethics)
    By Number3988 in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 12:32 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 09:45 PM
  3. Dishonesty in Politics
    By naturefreak2101 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 05:54 PM
  4. Liberal Liberal Liberalism Liberal With Liberals
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 03:38 AM
  5. Two More Tales of Journalistic Dishonesty?
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 02:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
2001, accepted, account, actions, add, administration, admit, admits, advisor, agreed, aint, alleged, alliance, allowed, allowing, amen, america, american, angeles, announced, anti, approval, aqui, arse, art, article, attack, attacking, ava, away, back, bad, bal, balance, based, beat, benefits, best, bet, better, blue, boards, body, boy, breaks, breitbart, broadcast, bur, burns, business, cake, called, calling, calls, cant, capital, care, career, carefully, cares, case, cash, caused, center, cer, charter, cherry, chief, chris, christia, christian, citizens, claiming, claims, cli, clinto, close, clown, club, colin, com, commission, commit, con, congressman, conservative, continue, coo, country, crap, credible, critical, dam, damn, dan, day, days, debating, defend, definition, demanding, democrat, democrats, demons, denied, des, deserve, destruction, did, didn, different, differently, ding, diploma, district, documents, doesn, don, donald, dont, double, dow, drew, drum, duc, early, eed, elected, electio, elliot, ells, entire, ethical, europe, events, everywhere, evil, exercise, extremely, eye, eyes, faced, facing, false, fat, father, fault, favorite, fed, feds, feel, finally, find, fool, forget, fraudulent, freinds, front, gain, general, general public, george, girl, give, god, gonna, good, good and bad, goodbye, gordo, government, grim, guess, guy, had, happen, happened, hard, head, held, help, hey, him, his, honor, hose, house, html, huma, human, ial, ian, ice, iced, ici, ignore, ime, imminent, important, in front, income, incredible, indicted, insults, insurance, intelligence, interest, involved, involving, ion, iraq, isn, issue, issues, its, jay, jesus, joke, judge, just, justify, kind, king, land, larry, last, leaders, lets, lexx, liars, liberal, liberals, lied, lies, life, light, liked, lis, listen, long, longer, looming, los, lose, mail, mail fraud, main, make, makes, making, many, mass, matter, mea, medical, meet, member, members, men, million, mines, monday, monger, mor, more, morning, moron, move, nam, named, nancy, nation, national, national security, nato, need, ner, news conference, nice, now, nuclear, oas, october, office, official, officials, only, org, original, outrage, paper, part, party, paul, payer, payments, pdf, peace, pelosi, people, performance, personal, picked, place, plane, plans, play, point, politically, pos, posing, position, post, posted, posts, powell, power, powerful, prescription, presiden, president, pretending, pretty, profit, progress, protects, prove, public, public opinion, question, questionable, quickly, quote, quotes, ran, ranking, reaction, read, real, reality, reason, received, release, released, remind, rep, report, represent, representative, resigned, response, rest, rice, rigging, rip, ron, ronnie, roy, royal, run, safe, safety, sale, salute, san, santa, satisfied, sca, scott, scumbag, secretary, secure, seem, select, selling, sen, sense, september, shared, ship, shock, shopping, short, shows, simple, simply, slammer, smart, soldiers, sometimes, soo, speaking, spokesman, star, start, starts, state, states, stay, stop, story, strategy, stream, strip, stupid, styles, such, sul, sun, support, tactics, take, taken, takes, taking, tal, talk, talking, tells, texas, the far right, theft, themselves, they, thing, thinks, thought, thread, threat, throw, tie, time, times, toast, told, tom, ton, tough, turkey, twist, typing, une, uni, union, united, united states, url, uses, vacations, view, wash, watching, ways, wide, wire, won, working, world, worse, worst, wow, wrong, year, years, yesterday, york, your

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •