+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is This A Scam?

Is This A Scam?

hey i was just wondering if this was a scam. I met someone over yahoo chat. Apparently they are a business owner and we got to talking. We made a deal . She is in the textile industry and she says that the tax in her country is 27% . SO she asked me if she could have the buyers send cashier checks to my home so that i could cash it keep 10% to myself and send her the rest. I received the first cheque for 5000 us dollars. is there n e way of this being a scam .. like what if the cheque bounces or something like that ??
    please help

Re: Is This A Scam?

You control the process so why not bank the cheque, wait until it has cleared then pay her the balance less your 10% that would be the safest way. Maybe the only scam part is that this person is trying to avoid tax completely or money laundering. I do know in some countries banks alert the tax man if large amounts start appearing in a persons bank account and another trigger for the bank is if the amount disappears again.

Looks like a scam to me. There are so many of these cashier check scams going around that I wouldn't chance it. Do a yahoo or google search for cashier check scams and you'll see what I mean!

its money laundering. anyone who cant see that is blind.

This Is A Standard Scam Do Not Do It! By Keeping The 10% You Will Be Prosecuted And By Sending Them Thier Money Back They Will Have Got Thier Money Which Is Laundered!