+ Reply to Thread

Caruba/Tradewinds, yep they got me.

Well, I bought into the whole Caruba/Tradewinds "Investment" education hoopla and got burned...which was my fault. Hell, the paperwork was not official, nor did i have a good feeling about it, but I had a few bucks laying around and thought I would roll the dice with some advice from some of my friends. Anyway, here are the Facts;

- I paid the premium monthly of $100 ($1200 is the final price). BUT, after the 6th month, there were internation troubles and had to 'relocate' the offices or whatever....BOTTOM LINE is that they requested "investors" to stop payment to the first office until further notice.

-When this happened, I got a little worried, so I decided to pull out...Now I know that I wouldn't get the money made on top of the principal put in, BUT they did specify that If I desired, I could get my principal back, which was just $500. Cool. Thats all I want. After about 5 unanswered emails (another red flag), I got a reply stating that I would receive payment on July 25th. Cool.

-July 25th - No Payment

-email, email, email, AND another email - "We're Sorry, the checks have not been processed yet, but will be sent by Sept 25"

-Sept 25th - No Payment

- email, email, email, same story, with No responses of course, the finally "Oct 25, checks will go out"

-Oct 25th - No Payment.

- So I "reply to all" to the Monthly email blast from Tradewinds and tell everyone of my woes, and get a LOT of reply's with the same stories. So I send another reply stating the I will go to the next local Caruba/Tradewinds meeting and convey every factual incident that happened. I get a REAL FAST response from Tradewinds stating "If you say such false things it is considered SLANDER against a company and IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE." ---Right.

- The next few days, an email from Tradewinds stating "Checks will be mailed in Dec"....ect ect ect.

Now. Of course this is all my fault, because I was the dummy who took this as a 'legit' investment, but c'mon man lol...

i was just wondering if there were anyone else on here who experienced anything with Tradewinds. Best $500 bucks I ever spent

Re: Caruba/Tradewinds, yep they got me.

guesss not lol

yep, they got me also,,,,

but they did say that checks will be mailed before 30 April 2006.

Good-Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid
    Re: Caruba Intl

Re: Caruba Intl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The individual logged in as torrealta has made some comments about Carruba that I would like to address. You mentioned that Caruba is based or functions out of Aruba, St. Kitts and Jamica because of their financial stability. That is so far from the truth. These listed countries are notoriously known for scam operations because there is no monitoring system over them. It is hard to "catch" the scammer that operates from these countries. I did a google search on St. Kitts with the word "scam" after it. The information that came up was very enlightening.
    Caruba was founded almost 5 years ago. It originally was established by Demon Westmoreland and Ivan Shew. The first Caruba website constitued a security. A security needs to be registered in each state through the secretary of state office. Inorder to register you must comply to the standards specified. Caruba was not registed and therefore this made the investments offered on the website illegal. Pennsylvania and Alaska ordered "cease and disist" orders against them. As a result of the order, Caruba changed their website so that it emphasized that it was more of an education-based (offering no security) financial service. Now when you get involved with Caruba ( which is by referral), you then find out about Tradewinds Holding Company. The supposed investments are listed there(Tradewinds Holding Company is not listed with the secretary of states or the Federal Exchange Commission). You use to be able to access the Tradewinds Holding Company website but now it requires a password. I am sure the password is only available to members .
    Damon Westmoreland is a big time scam artist. He had a record before setting up Caruba. Apparently, because of all the red flags on Caruba in its original inception, (the website constituting a security and Damon's horrible reputation) Damon and Ivan have parted ways. Apparently, Ivan Shew is the top manager of the company.
    Scams often require high upfront fees which Cauba does have of $1200. Also, non-disclosure statements are required to be signed by potential members (Caruba has this also).
    The members who are sold on this company validate it by stating that they are receiving their monthly checks faithfully. I guess if you get your money and don't ask questions like where does my money come from you'll like this company. Apparently this program has lured around 7000 people into its facade of financial education. If you are moved by getting "rich quick schemes" you will like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Jarid : 12-26-2004 at 10:30 AM.

There is nothing misleading about the TRUTH/FACTS that I stated about Caruba/Tradewinds Holding Company.

Offshore investments must still be REGISTERED with Federal Trade Commission and Secretary of State in each state of the U.S. These agencies have compliance requirements to insure that these companies are real. To overlook the registration of securities is to set yourself up to be defrauded.

Today in msn.com home page (January 2, 2005) in the spotlight section is an article tittled "Top 10 Investing Scams." I highly recommend everyone to go and read this article. You can also access the article by going to Bankrate.com. In the search section of the page type in "Top 10 investing scams." A list of articles will come up.Click on the article which states "Top 10 investing scams most likely to be seen in 2004 by Kay Bell and Amy Fleitas. This article was run several times in 2004 on the msn.com home page. The tendency for scams is so high, that this featured article continues to be reprinted for consumer awareness. Scams tend to be prevalent when the stock market is struggling to pick up, and CD rates at the bank are low. One of the sections in the article refers to to Ponzi schemems. "Ponzi scheme...the formula is simple:Promise high returns to investors and use their money to pay previous investors." Also, a section on how scams have targeted seniors is included in the article.

Last edited by Jarid : 01-02-2005 at 11:10 PM.
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=4

--------------------------------------------------------

Demon Westmoreland = Greenzap, Caruba, Cardglobal, Mazumah, Tele-card, Jet99, 3 TEN commandments, EZPayfast, Resultz for Life, & BestOF

More on Damon Westmoreland here:
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t...page=192&pp=40