+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bush Crime Gang Knew They Were Selling Lies

Every Republican administration in the past 35 years has been caught red handed defrauding The American people. And each time they get caught, they default to the same old tactics to cover their tracks.

I remember when the Nixon Crime Cabal was trying to sell the flimsy canard that Trickie Dick simply didn't know what C.R.E.E.P was plotting behind closed doors. So, therefore, he should remain blameless for the culture of corruption over which he presided.

Then they covered up for The Gipper with claims that Oliver North, Poindexter and the rest of the mob were acting in unilateral secrecy and Ronnie just didn't know what was up.

Now they're trying to trot out that old excuse yet again. "The President didn't know he was lying so it wasn't a lie" So you see, folks, he's not a liar..just an incompetent. Feel better now? Ha..ha..ha..
    Some things never change.

Bush knew no Iraq link pre-9/11: report
    November 23, 2005 - 1:06PM

US President George W Bush was informed 10 days after the September 11, 2001 attacks that US intelligence had no proof of links between Iraq and this act of terror, The National Journal reported today.

Citing government documents as well as past and present Bush administration officials, the magazine said the president was briefed on September 21, 2001 that evidence of cooperation between Iraq and the al-Qaeda terrorist network was insufficient.

Bush was also informed that there was some credible information about contacts between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda that showed that the Iraqi dictator had tried to establish surveillance over the group, according to the report.

Saddam Hussein believed the radical Islamic network represented a threat for his secular regime.

Little additional evidence has emerged over the past four years that could contradict the CIA conclusion about a lack of a collaborative relationship between al-Qaeda and Iraq, the Journal quotes a high-level government official as saying.

The magazine believes the evidence raises yet more questions about the administration's use of intelligence in the run up to the war in Iraq

http://smh.com.au/news/world/bush-kn...703230171.html
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-24-2005 at 04:14 PM.

Re: Bush Crime Gang Knew They Were Selling Lies

Downing Street Minutes complete text
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...3607_1,00.html
    The Sunday Times – Britain May 01, 2000
    The secret Downing Street ‘memo’
    SECRET AND STRICTLY PERSONAL - UK EYES ONLY
    DAVID MANNING
    Date: 23 July 2002
    S 195 /02
    cc: Defence Secretary, Foreign Secretary, Attorney-General, Sir Richard Wilson, John Scarlett, Francis Richards, CDS, C, Jonathan Powell, Sally Morgan, Alastair Campbell
    IRAQ: PRIME MINISTER'S MEETING, 23 JULY
    Copy addressees and you met the Prime Minister on 23 July to discuss Iraq.
    This record is extremely sensitive. No further copies should be made. It should be shown only to those with a genuine need to know its contents.
    John Scarlett summarised the intelligence and latest JIC assessment. Saddam's regime was tough and based on extreme fear. The only way to overthrow it was likely to be by massive military action. Saddam was worried and expected an attack, probably by air and land, but he was not convinced that it would be immediate or overwhelming. His regime expected their neighbours to line up with the US. Saddam knew that regular army morale was poor. Real support for Saddam among the public was probably narrowly based.
    C reported on his recent talks in Washington. There was a perceptible shift in attitude. Military action was now seen as inevitable. Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy. The NSC had no patience with the UN route, and no enthusiasm for publishing material on the Iraqi regime's record. There was little discussion in Washington of the aftermath after military action.
    ETC, etc, etc........

Thought this might be of interest.
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    US President George W Bush was informed 10 days after the September 11, 2001 attacks that US intelligence had no proof of links between Iraq and this act of terror, The National Journal reported today.

Citing government documents as well as past and present Bush administration officials, the magazine said the president was briefed on September 21, 2001 that evidence of cooperation between Iraq and the al-Qaeda terrorist network was insufficient.
    How lame are you people?

That information means absolutely nothing!

The president and his administration NEVER said that Saddam had anything to do with the attacks of 9/11. You libs keep trying to make people believe that the president made claims that he never made and all this does is show the dishonesty, lack of integrity and just how low the democratic party will sink in their desperate attempt to regain the political power their lack of solutions to Americas problems has earned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    How lame are you people?

The president and his administration NEVER said that Saddam had anything to do with the attacks of 9/11. You libs keep trying to make people believe that the president made claims that he never made and all this does is show the dishonesty, lack of integrity and just how low the democratic party will sink in their desperate attempt to regain the political power their lack of solutions to Americas problems has earned them.

True Grim, he never actually came out and said that. Howard Dean had an interesting take on it when he was on Meet The Press a couple of weeks ago.

MR. RUSSERT: On Friday you heard the speech I played for Ken Mehlman. The president of the United States said that Democrats are sending the wrong signal to the enemy with their criticisms of prewar intelligence and his conduct of the war.

DR. DEAN: I think Democrats always have to stand up and tell the truth and that's what we're doing. The truth is that the president misled America when he sent us to war. They did--he even didn't tell the truth in the speech he gave. First of all, think there were a lot of veterans were kind of upset that the president chose their day to make a partisan speech. Secondly, the president didn't even tell the truth in his speech. He said that the Senate had the same intelligence that everybody else did. That was not true. He withheld some intelligence. Then he said the commissions all said that what he had done in the lead-up up to the war was fine.

MR. RUSSERT: What did he withhold?

DR. DEAN: He withheld--he knew, he knew that there was no connection between Saddam and 9/11 and he insisted on trying to make that case to the American people.

MR. RUSSERT: But he never said Saddam was involved in September 11.

DR. DEAN: He never actually came out and said just that. But in every speech he gave during the campaign and afterwards, he left the impression. He left the impression with 65 percent of the American people, who agreed that Saddam had something to do with 9/11. It made that--it was dishonest, what he did.

MR. RUSSERT: On Friday you heard the speech I played for Ken Mehlman. The president of the United States said that Democrats are sending the wrong signal to the enemy with their criticisms of prewar intelligence and his conduct of the war.

DR. DEAN: I think Democrats always have to stand up and tell the truth and that's what we're doing. The truth is that the president misled America when he sent us to war. They did--he even didn't tell the truth in the speech he gave. First of all, think there were a lot of veterans were kind of upset that the president chose their day to make a partisan speech. I keep hearing the democrats say this, but not many veterans.Secondly, the president didn't even tell the truth in his speech. He said that the Senate had the same intelligence that everybody else did. That was not true. He withheld some intelligence. But the Silverman report looked into the PDB's along with the other "president only" intel, and concluded that if anything, those documents were even more critical of Saddam than the national intelligence estimate.Then he said the commissions all said that what he had done in the lead-up up to the war was fine.No... He said the commissions said he didn't do anything to influence their assessments

MR. RUSSERT: What did he withhold?

DR. DEAN: He withheld--he knew, he knew that there was no connection between Saddam and 9/11 and he insisted on trying to make that case to the American people.

MR. RUSSERT: But he never said Saddam was involved in September 11.

DR. DEAN: He never actually came out and said just that. But in every speech he gave during the campaign and afterwords, he left the impression. He left the impression with 65 percent of the American people, who agreed that Saddam had something to do with 9/11. I know about the poles, but I for one NEVER for one second thought that, based on anything the administration said. Here is my opinion, and I base it on the fact that I don't get my news from the main stream media. I believe the American people believed that was true because that is the impression they got from the media's reporting on the issue.It made that--it was dishonest, what he did.

Gimme a friggin break. Every time the lousy son of a b1tch opens his lying pie hole, he claims the war in Iraq is the front lines of the war on terror/ Yeah right. .that's since he turned it into a training center for terrorists by illegally invading the country and destabilizing the entire region.. NOW it is.

As recently as a few weeks ago Cheney was STILL trying to conflate Saddam with Al Qaeda by direct and outright association and a farrago of innuendo and dissembling. These low-life Monkeys are simply so demented and delusional that if Bush were caught eating a baby, you can be sure they would concoct some ridiculous and idiotic coverage in yet another attempt to divert your attention from the facts. Whom are you going to believe? The words of the U.S Dictator Bush, or your own lying eyes and ears?

These Monkey dirt bags obviously think everybody is as pathetically ignorant and brainwashed as they are. But now, it's becoming clear, thankfully, that not everybody is as hopelessly brain-dead as these Monkeys are since the latest polls show 60% of Americans have now correctly concluded that Bush and Cheney are the worst lying, murderous war-mongering criminals since Hitler.
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-25-2005 at 05:55 AM.

umdkook Guest

How lame are you people?

lower than invading/bombing a country in the desert that represented no threat to the US???
    nah, didnt think so...

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    lower than invading/bombing a country in the desert that represented no threat to the US???
    nah, didnt think so...
    Are you drunk?

Should I pull out the dozens and dozens of quotes from both party's back before we invaded Iraq?

If we knew then, what we know now, we either wouldn't have invaded, or you would have a legitimate argument. But since we believed he was a threat, we made the correct call one going into Iraq. The overwhelming majority of congress, the senate and the American people agreed.

Don't let that little technicality (also known as the truth) get in the way of your agenda, or stop you from pointing your finger at America and saying it was all our fault.

umdkook Guest

Are you drunk?

Should I pull out the dozens and dozens of quotes from both party's back before we invaded Iraq?

If we knew then, what we know now, we either wouldn't have invaded, or you would have a legitimate argument. But since we believed he was a threat, we made the correct call one going into Iraq. The overwhelming majority of congress, the senate and the American people agreed.

Don't let that little technicality (also known as the truth) get in the way of your agenda, or stop you from pointing your finger at America and saying it was all our fault.

lets get one thing strate here, even though America sucks right now becuase the majority of voters put monkeyboy in charge, no one is blaming or pointing fingers at the US asswipe.

so we do know the reasons to invade were wrong now....why are we still there??? so we dont look bad???

And the truth of the matter is the UN was supposed to act, not the US.....congress would not have approved of Iraqi war if Bush didnt sell it so hard as being the front line on the war on terror----it would have been like now, when you slimeballs call anyone Unamerican or Unpratriotic if they speak out against the war.

you freakin slimeballs would have slammed anyone against the war then, just as you do now.

what are you so happy and defensive about anyways?? you really think Bush is doing a good job on the war, both in iraq and on terror?

do you really beleive hes doing a good job? or do you just enjoy slamming "lefty libs".....im being serious can you answer me seriously without using the words "libs, lefties, unamerican, fueling the terrorists"

I asked someone earlier, i think it was Raider, maybe you, what exactly we were "winning" in the war since thats the reason pulling out would be dumb,since were winning. never got a response and im sure anything you respond with wont be real also.

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    lets get one thing strate here, even though America sucks right now becuase the majority of voters put monkeyboy in charge, no one is blaming or pointing fingers at the US asswipe.

so we do know the reasons to invade were wrong now....why are we still there??? so we dont look bad???

And the truth of the matter is the UN was supposed to act, not the US.....congress would not have approved of Iraqi war if Bush didnt sell it so hard as being the front line on the war on terror----it would have been like now, when you slimeballs call anyone Unamerican or Unpratriotic if they speak out against the war.

you freakin slimeballs would have slammed anyone against the war then, just as you do now.

what are you so happy and defensive about anyways?? you really think Bush is doing a good job on the war, both in iraq and on terror?

do you really beleive hes doing a good job? or do you just enjoy slamming "lefty libs".....im being serious can you answer me seriously without using the words "libs, lefties, unamerican, fueling the terrorists"

I asked someone earlier, i think it was Raider, maybe you, what exactly we were "winning" in the war since thats the reason pulling out would be dumb,since were winning. never got a response and im sure anything you respond with wont be real also.
    Expecting a Monkey to respond in a sentient fashion is asking a bit much. It's fun and easy to push their buttons and get em riled up, though... Kind of like teasing a chimp at the zoo by throwing popcorn at it. Is that cruel? I hope so. It's my form of torture for Monkeys. Bwaaa..ha..haaa.
    Last edited by dchristie; 11-25-2005 at 08:08 AM.

We are there to allow the new Iraqi government to get established and provide them security until enough of their own forces are trained.

We took out their government, and it is our responsibility to assure they can establish a new one (and better I might add).

congress would not have approved of Iraqi war if Bush didnt sell it so hard as being the front line on the war on terror----it would have been like now, when you slimeballs call anyone Unamerican or Unpratriotic if they speak out against the war.
    Bush didn't sell it. The flawed intelligence did. I can post half a dozen quotes from prominent democrats that had more urgency to take out Saddam than the president did, and their words were based on what they read, not what Bush said.

Next

When are you democrats going to see the difference between opposing a war, and accusing our president of lying, or our military of wrong doing?

I made a comment about how low the Dem's have sunk and you responded by insinuating that the president invaded Iraq knowing they had no wmd. That my friend is not a statement opposing the war, that is another in a long line of accusations against our president, our government, which translates into our country.

do you really believe hes doing a good job? or do you just enjoy slamming "lefty libs".....im being serious can you answer me seriously without using the words "libs, lefties, unamerican, fueling the terrorists"
    I think he could have done a lot better. I think his stubbornness when it came to how many troops we deployed and where, could have been better. Now, as for slamming "lefty libs", I wish like hell I didn't have a reason to, but that just isn't the case. As long as the left continues to lie and make unfounded accusations against our president while we are embroiled in a war in the middle east, my "Slamming" will not cease. We have soldiers fighting over there and that should be the #1 consideration before a democrat opens his or her mouth, not their political agenda.

hmmm.... grim17 if you are so confident that the iraq war was so needed why didnt you just go to war and fight for your country and against the terror, a?
    have u actually talked with some soldiers that fight for your a** in iraq? what do they say about this war a?
    how do you think how much money does osama, his family and al-quaeda have in the american banks? a TRILLION $, yes a TRILLION? do you imagine what is this going to happen to american economy if they withdraw all that money?
    do you know how much money osama's family nad friends have invested in US?
    860 BILLIONS $. how about that?
    do you think bush will let someone hurt him? i doubt it?
    do you know that bush and osama are on the board of directors of the same 2 companies?
    who do you think got the contract to supply the us with more weapons and new technology to "enhance" the security of US? A company mostly owned by osama&co...
    and finally... who is afganistans' actual president khamid karzai?
    an ex manager from a company where gwb was the president of the board of directors
    who do you think will be the next leader of iraq? peoples choise? hmmm
    i doubt that
    did bush tell all that?
    nope
    why?
    well... you are free to ask him
    that is all about
    MONEY
    iraq war
    MONEY
    every war is profitable to somebody
    who is profitable iraq war?
    bush, osama & partners

Meriakre, I will say the same to you that I've said to others on the left who love to post their paranoid conspiracy theories:

You make accusations, now PROVE IT!

With out proof of wrong doing, your words accomplish nothing more than showing who's side you're on in the war.... and it ain't ours!

Quote Originally Posted by Meriakre
    do you know that bush and osama are on the board of directors of the same 2 companies?
    That is very interesting....and what two companies would that be?

If this is true, how many board meetings has Osama Bin Laden attended since 9/11/2001?

This would be earth shattering news if Bush and Osama attended the same board meeting since 9/11 and the secret service didn't take out Osama.

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    That is very interesting....and what two companies would that be?

If this is true, how many board meetings has Osama Bin Laden attended since 9/11/2001?

This would be earth shattering news if Bush and Osama attended the same board meeting since 9/11 and the secret service didn't take out Osama.

Can he come as a proxie? Internet connection perhaps?

If I remember rightly, I think since the day 9/11 happened someone linked OBL and GWB as going to camp together or their parents were friends or something like that. I'm actually surprised that it took this long for a statement like those two being heads of the same company to make it's way here. I expected it a long time ago. LOL.

A search on that particular question reveals this:

http://www.rense.com/general14/bushsformer.htm

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...s-player=false

http://www.hermes-press.com/BushSaud.htm

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0208/S00148.htm

LM
    Last edited by sojustask; 11-25-2005 at 09:13 PM.