+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!!

Help!!!!

So.. I'm in need of a 2nd job and I'm looking through my local paper when I come across an ad for a SPAMHUNTER..I've never heard of it, but it says college students wanted. I take a look and it says your job is to sort through e-mail and filter spam for other companys. The salary is 15 dollars an hour. Sounds good. I love computers and am proficient with e-mail and the internet. So I apply, making sure to bulk up my resume with everything I know about computers. I get a reply back a few days later saying I got the job, that my first paycheck comes in advance and it is for 1 hour per day plus bonuses. I asked how much my bonuses would be and my manager stated that they vary from job to job. I said ok and he said the check was being sent. In the mean time, I apparently had fallen victim to a different scam where a gentleman found my car for sale on autotrader, had offered me money for the car but I had to send him back a certain amount because he could only get one check out of his settlement. Well, Luckily I only was in the hole 300 dollars after that check was proved to be counterfeit. Of course, I am not allowed to have a checking account now though. So.... after all of this, I get a check in the mail. It's for 1,489... This makes me a little curious, because my check was supposed to only be for around 215. Also, the check is from Home Care Connections. So I decide to do some investigating. First I call the bank that issued the check. Texas Bank out of Fort Worth. I talked to a gentleman there who verified the account number, routing number and amount and said the check would clear, it was a valid check. That made me feel better. IN addition, I called home care connections. I spoke to a payroll person there who informed me that they had cut the check to me. Well i was satisfied that it was just my jitters that had me curious. Now mind you, because I cannot have a checking account, I have no way to deposit this check. If i took it and put it in my savings, my bank informed me they would put a 20 day hold on it. Well I could not have that, so my only other option was to cash it. I went the checksmart who also verified the check with the bank... and they actually verified that the account had twice the amount of the check available and verified me with home care connections. They then cashed the check. I informed my manager that I had recieved my pay... Now here's where i got super suspicious.

He told me that part of that check was his company's comission and that I was to forward that part of the check to him via western union.... WOW>>>>>>>>> now this is too much of a coincidence to ignore... so tonight alas I searched the internet for dpm corp and came across this site... Am i just stupid?????? How is it possible for me to fall for these scams twice????? Also, how can they run an ad in my paper????? And.... WHY DID THE CHECK CLEAR ALL OF THE CHECKS THAT I RAN ON IT?????? I'm so lost.... i don't want to wake up one day and have the cops knocking on my door. I just don't know what to do... Does anyone have any advice?????

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Help!!!!

Hi Tom,

You were right to be suspicious, and luckily you spotted the key part of the scam before you fell victim to it.

I think your immediate course of action should be to contact the place where you cashed the check because that baby's gonna bounce. You'd be better off going to them, rather than the other way around.

Then, make sure you preserve all of the physical evidence you have plus any phone numbers you called and emails send and received and go to the police.

The checks *do* appear to be valid with the correct details on them, because part of the scam that you don't see is that they rip off other people's bank details and produce an excellent forgery that takes some time to detect. Often those check details are from other people who have been recruited into the scam like you, or through another fraud. Luckily for you, you don't have a checking account for them to rip off later.

This is quite a widespread fraud, you might need to get your local law enforcement to pass on the query to whoever is actually investigating (e.g. the FBI).

I posted information on your exact issue.... I to saw the same ad ....... I never applied because I read the instructions of the condidtions of employement...... First thing I did not like was the fact they were going to " advance" pay me and I was to send the money to them directly. Secondly the instructions are to " CASH " NOT DEPOSIT the checks and to send them the money via Western Union, or the other money gram company 2 days after cashing the check and that all monies coming to me would Include the companies commissions.... and NO CALLS WERE WELCOME to the company that you were to ONLY contact your " manager " direct ...... scam scam scam scam scam ...... !! I sent them an email telling them my feelings and to send me information to prove me wrong I NEVER heard back from them ... I emaild the person directly that had the ad in the newspaper as well as the peron who sent me the email with the information.... GOOD LUCK !! on this one ....

Hi Im In The Same Boat I Had These E-mails Come To Me So I Said Ok Or Whatever Now They Are Telling Me That I Have Two Checks Comming One For 2,000 And The Other For 940 What Should I Do When I Get Them?? The One For 2,000 They Said Somebody Messed Up And Put The Wrong Name And Add On The Check So Now Its In My Name With My Add And The Other One They Told Me To Ca**** And Then Send It To Them

HELP !!!!

I think I'm in deep becoz I was stupid enough to fall for the moneylight Corp scam. or moneylight.biz. they deposited the 1st amount to my bank account & it just cleared yesterday. the money was transfered from a credit card so this seems like really fishy to me. need some advice B4 I call my bank & report this

these people are real scammers big time. Money laundering is thier business & they are contacting people who have resumes posted on the internet. I realized it b4 I had wired the money to them so I advised my bank & they will investigate the deposit they put in my account. PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

Quote Originally Posted by slabbybm
    these people are real scammers big time. Money laundering is thier business & they are contacting people who have resumes posted on the internet. I realized it b4 I had wired the money to them so I advised my bank & they will investigate the deposit they put in my account. PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

Heck if you actually read the requirements of the SPAMHUNTER and what they require and what the " rules " are you would know it is a scam .... I saw an ad in my local paper as well as on our friend Careerbuilder.com .. The want you to " cash " the check not deposit it and the wire them the money .. this way the only person connected to the money is YOU and YOU alone will be the one going to jail not them ... GLAD you didnt fall for it .. here is their webisite, click on the links until you get to the spam hunter job requirements/rules .. and its written poorly .... yea yea yea so I cant write either but I did't fall for the scam either .. im not bashing yu slabbymb Im just defending myself to others who will cirtisize me :o

ooops .... its dpmcorp.com click through until you find the job spamhunter and there you will see the poorly written requirements and stupid rules if anybody falls for that I feel sorry for them ...... once you get past the wow ,,,,, soudns very easy and $15 hrs an hour ...... it acually sounded like a good job in the paper, but THEN I got the information. ... I emaild the contact person back whos email was in the paper and told him/her they were smoking crack if they thought I or anybody would actually fall for that SHI****** told them to email me back proving to me it was not a scam..... and guess what ???????????????????????????????????????? NO RESPONSE BACK !!!! GEEEEZ I wonder why

Darian, you are going to be in a bit of trouble over this one, did you report the Auto Trader scam, and if so why do they deny you checking privileges, if that was not reported by you, this is a similar circumstance to the first, and you may be a target of the district attorney, it is very clear that this organization stole the mICR of another check and printed this baby out, you most defiantly have good money, but from someone elses checking account, many felonies took place in this one, good luck, I hope you have a friend in law enforcement that will believe your story, better try to gather information on this company before they disappear.

Chris.

my bank is opening a case on my account and they will investigate the deposit. they didn't freeze my account or anything & I kept all the emails that the scammers sent me. if the scammers stole it from another checking account or credit card the bank should be able to trace it right? I hope I'm not into too much trouble over this, hopefully not :confused:
    Last edited by slabbybm; 12-14-2005 at 06:50 AM.

thanx for the infor ladystaraz, didn't think of scam when I recieved the email which was linked to career builder. I actually thought it was legit since this is the 1st time I have ever used the internet to look 4 a job. they say u learn the hard way sometimes & it's true in my case right now. glad I decided to do some research on the company b4 I wired the money.

KOSTYAN Guest

- !!!!!!!! - !!!!!!! :D :D :D

KOSTYAN Guest

:)

Quote Originally Posted by KOSTYAN
    :)
    Bloody hell...can anyone actually read that?
    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

KOSTYAN Guest

!
    ?
    :

Is there any way that a company located in the united states could charge you extra money if you are calling a united states area code. The call coul;d last 60 - 90 mins. Is it pssible for them to charge a boat load of fees on your phone bill with out you knowing it?