+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Spirit

Holy Spirit

Here are some of lexx’s comments about the holy spirit

“man CANNOT DO (anything) without the holy spirit!! spirit IS WILL!! man has NO WILL apart from spirit!! jesus died to give man the will of the holy spirit!!”

“apparently YOU CANT READ!! i just told you how jesus brought the holy spirit to man!? by the way why do you think god made abraham sacrifice his son!? just a COINCIDENCE!?”

“gods spirit is holy there are MANY references to god's spirit being used to influence man!! in the old testament and in the new!! in the new holy spirit is mentioned SPECIFICALLY over 90 times!!”

I admit to making harsh comments to lexx about the Holy Spirit. My primary objection is one cannot separate the HS from God. We find references to holy spirit in the Bible (Spirit of God), mostly in the NT. In short, I object to the Trinity inasmuch as it allows humans to justify actions which may or may not be related to God. You cannot separate God from His holy spirit. All claims by humans for having the Holy Spirit are subject to dispute. Even though I disagree, I apologize to lexx for criticizing his comments.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/holy_spirit
    https://activechristianity.org/what-...he-holy-spirit
    https://activechristianity.org/what-...he-holy-spirit
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-03-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Re: Holy Spirit

It may be easy to mix up holy light and fire. Whereas holy light is warm but not destructive, fire is hot and destructive. Both holy light and fire give light, but are different. Colors are different, God's sparks of light are pure white, embers of fire have yellowish colors, or a range of colors from bright white to yellowish depending on the intensity of the fire. God's holy sparks are eternal, or without ending, fire embers destroy and are therefore finite. Heaven is full of sparks of God's holy light; a forest fire is full of destructive fire embers. An angel appears as a holy bright white light. In heaven, we see holy white lights in all directions. Everything in heaven glistens with God's holy light.

let's muse.... god needed a TRICK to bring man BACK to god's holy presence so the christ story was made by god to give man the idea of HOW to get BACK!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    let's muse.... god needed a TRICK to bring man BACK to god's holy presence so the christ story was made by god to give man the idea of HOW to get BACK!?
    No, God doesn't need a trick, humans do things to keep them from Him. By seeking independence from God, humans find "nowhere land." Basically, humans want it both ways. They want eternal life and "spiritual power." However, they refuse to obey God's commandments. It goes back to Satan in heaven when he decided to be like God.

So, assuming there is no son of God, believing in him results in nothing.

Here is my argument for there being no son of God.

If you apply human logic to the subject of God and heaven, you find interesting conflicts. it is difficult, if not impossible, to imagine just one God in heaven. If there is only one God, there would be no logical reason for there to be a companion. Why would a perfect God want a son (companion), or companions? Here we have the problem of the Trinity, it defies logic.

So, the “father” is in heaven and alone. The problem of being alone is huge! How can God, an eternally perfect being, have need of a son? Logically, there would be no necessity for God to have a companion, or companions, if He is perfect. Then, assuming God creates a son, why would there would be a need for angels? Oh, yes, what is the difference between God’s son and angels? Wouldn’t they both be equal inasmuch as they are created to be God’s companions? And, there are NT assertions of Jesus, the son of God, having special powers (heeling the sick, walking on water, and bringing the dead back to life). Doesn’t this conflict with the idea of there being only one father (God)? Moreover, there is the Christian idea of the son of God having special powers. After all, Jesus saves those who believe in him! How ridiculous is this idea? So, we have two Gods in heaven, one being the father, the other being the son. For all of eternity, who do God’s creatures worship? Is it one, then the other? Do they sing duets together? Do they dance together? Do they agree to disagree about decisions made? If they both have power of life and death (salvation), why is one the father, and the other one the son? Doesn't it mean they are not equal? I once asked a preacher if I worshipped God, the father, and not the son of God, what would happen. He said I couldn't be saved unless I accepted Jesus as my savior. Well, then, they are not equal to one another. Then, there is the issue of time. If one exists before Jesus came into the world, one cannot be saved. So, everyone who existed before Jesus is condemned. In short, we have logical contradictions because the idea of father and son is illogical. There is no son of God.

The idea of God being two entities is logical, and explains why there are angels in heaven. So, we have two Gods together in a sphere in heaven. They enjoy being together exchanging ideas and loving one another. Assuming God is eternal, it doesn’t make sense for Him to have a son. When did it happen? Again, if God is perfect, why would he have need of a son? The idea of God’s duality makes perfect sense inasmuch as humans seek and enjoy companionship with one another through marriages, friendships and/or companionships throughout life. If you conduct a scientific analysis of the universe, you find, "duality" in various forms at all levels (subatomic, atomic, astrological, and in nature). It is the mark of God’s DNA on His creation.

Following the idea of God's duality, we have an explanation for the two Gods creating angels. Angels were created to enjoy and partake of holy interactions or exchanges between the two Gods in a sphere. Until Satan rebelled in heaven, there were thirteen angels. Isn't it interesting, thirteen is an unlucky number, and twelve is the number of disciples as well as the number of Israeli tribes? Then, we have two (duality) times twelve (angels) for a twenty four hour day.

BOY i asked for THAT can of WORMS!! your kinda STUPID if you BELIEVE that the son of god results in NOTHING!! of course you MAY be REFERRING to YOURSELF!? tell us about your BETTER RESULTS, verified by an independent SOURCE!! like the local NUTHOUSE!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

BOY i asked for THAT can of WORMS!! your kinda STUPID if you BELIEVE that the son of god results in NOTHING!! of course you MAY be REFERRING to YOURSELF!? tell us about your BETTER RESULTS, verified by an independent SOURCE!! like the local NUTHOUSE!?
    It is a waste of time discussing with you. You have stupid ideas. Evidently, you don't understand logic. You are one of many blindfolded followers. So sad!

If you apply human logic to the subject of God and heaven, you find interesting conflicts. it is difficult, if not impossible, to imagine just one God in heaven. If there is only one God, there would be no logical reason for there to be a companion. Why would a perfect God want a son (companion), or companions? Here we have the problem of the Trinity, it defies logic.

So, the “father” is in heaven and alone. The problem of being alone is huge! How can God, an eternally perfect being, have need of a son? Logically, there would be no necessity for God to have a companion, or companions, if He is perfect. Then, assuming God creates a son, why would there would be a need for angels? Oh, yes, what is the difference between God’s son and angels? Wouldn’t they both be equal inasmuch as they are created to be God’s companions? And, there are NT assertions of Jesus, the son of God, having special powers (heeling the sick, walking on water, and bringing the dead back to life). Doesn’t this conflict with the idea of there being only one father (God)? Moreover, there is the Christian idea of the son of God having special powers. After all, Jesus saves those who believe in him! How ridiculous is this idea? So, we have two Gods in heaven, one being the father, the other being the son. For all of eternity, who do God’s creatures worship? Is it one, then the other? Do they sing duets together? Do they dance together? Do they agree to disagree about decisions made? If they both have power of life and death (salvation), why is one the father, and the other one the son? Doesn't it mean they are not equal? I once asked a preacher if I worshipped God, the father, and not the son of God, what would happen. He said I couldn't be saved unless I accepted Jesus as my savior. Well, then, they are not equal to one another. Then, there is the issue of time. If one exists before Jesus came into the world, one cannot be saved. So, everyone who existed before Jesus is condemned. In short, we have logical contradictions because the idea of father and son is illogical. There is no son of God.

The idea of God being two entities is logical, and explains why there are angels in heaven. So, we have two Gods together in a sphere in heaven. They enjoy being together exchanging ideas and loving one another. Assuming God is eternal, it doesn’t make sense for Him to have a son. When did it happen? Again, if God is perfect, why would he have need of a son? The idea of God’s duality makes perfect sense inasmuch as humans seek and enjoy companionship with one another through marriages, friendships and/or companionships throughout life. If you conduct a scientific analysis of the universe, you find, "duality" in various forms at all levels (subatomic, atomic, astrological, and in nature). It is the mark of God’s DNA on His creation.

Following the idea of God's duality, we have an explanation for the two Gods creating angels. Angels were created to enjoy and partake of holy interactions or exchanges between the two Gods in a sphere. Until Satan rebelled in heaven, there were thirteen angels. Isn't it interesting, thirteen is an unlucky number, and twelve is the number of disciples as well as the number of Israeli tribes? Then, we have two (duality) times twelve (angels) for a twenty four hour day.

so what about the "LAMB"!? what is the significance/meaning of the biblical use of lamb of god!? and here ya go about those before jesus!?

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tool...lived-and-died

whatsa matta YOU!? dont have any IDEAS to countermand the lamb doctrine!?

whatsa matta YOU!? dont have any IDEAS to countermand the lamb doctrine!?
    Are you that stupid? I have posted on this topic. Read it, and then maybe we can discuss, assuming, of course, you can read. Ha ha,

https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...’t-Jesus!

yah you claim israel is the LAMB!? but WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!? does it mean make bombs and CLEANSE the WORLD!?

yah you claim israel is the LAMB!? but WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!? does it mean make bombs and CLEANSE the WORLD!?
    You don't read well. I said Jews are the lamb of God.

Are you that stupid? I have posted on this topic.

https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...’t-Jesus!

whatever i am still after the meaning of the term lamb!? logically we have to assume it is reference to the earthly woolen creatures NATURE!? course what about the goats!? what is THEIR nature!?

whatever i am still after the meaning of the term lamb!?
    Part of the flock.

Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

whatever i am still after the meaning of the term lamb!? logically we have to assume it is reference to the earthly woolen creatures NATURE!? course what about the goats!? what is THEIR nature!?
    You need to know the meaning of symbols and how they are interpreted. If you don't have basic knowledge, you can' interpret. Here is a Bible reference for sacrificing of a lamb. If you still don't get it, there is no remedy.

A Bible reference for a lamb sacrifice.

Leviticus 4:35

35 They shall remove all the fat, just as the fat is removed from the lamb of the fellowship offering ,and the priest shall burn it on the altar on top of the food offerings presented to the LORD. In this way the priest will make atonement for them for the sin they have committed, and they will be forgiven.

It is my belief that Christs misused the Jewish tradition of a sin offering when they wrote the gospels. Instead of conceiving Jesus as God, they decided to make him a sacrificial animal for the purpose of "salvation" for those who accepted Jesus as their savior. It was a brilliant marketing ploy. So simple, just accept Jesus, the son of God, as your savior, and you're "guaranteed" salvation (immortality). The big problem for millions of believers is: "What if Jesus was not the son of God?" Then, if there is no sacrifice (God giving up his son for salvation, in the same way of Jews sacrificing an animal to forgive sins), what really happened? Christianity would not have succeeded without a "really good message"! What if the truth is Jesus was God, and Satan came into the world and stirred up things, the result of which was a violent attack and killing of Jesus (God in human form). See Revelation 11 about the two witnesses, it is the true story about God as Jesus. There is even mention of God's duality in the chapter (Ark of the Covenant). Oh, no, it has no marketing possibility. It is not what humans want!

seems to ME the point here IS.......the lamb is SACRIFICED!! why not a GOAT or RABBIT or a FROG or a WHATEVER!? the significance is the lambs NATURE!? the lamb is gentle and submitting!!

seems to ME the point here IS.......the lamb is SACRIFICED!! why not a GOAT or RABBIT or a FROG or a WHATEVER!? the significance is the lambs NATURE!? the lamb is gentle and submitting!!
    As usual, you disagree with God. Convince God to make it a frog. Ha. ha.