+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Avenatti's A Crook

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...421-story.html

When Hassan Whiteside of the Miami Heat wired $2.75 million to Michael Avenatti in January 2017, the pro basketball player intended most of the money to go to his former girlfriend, Alexis Gardner.

Avenatti was Gardner’s attorney. An actress and barista, she’d hired him just a few weeks before to negotiate a settlement of a potential lawsuit against Whiteside. It’s unclear what she would have alleged. Avenatti quickly struck a $3-million deal, and the $2.75 million was Whiteside’s first payment.

Avenatti, prosecutors say, was entitled to take just over $1 million in legal fees, leaving the rest for Gardner.

Instead, they allege, Avenatti hid Whiteside’s payment from her and immediately took $2.5 million to buy a share of a private jet.

The full story of Avenatti’s alleged embezzlement from Gardner came to light in bank records and in the April 10 indictment of the Los Angeles lawyer by a federal grand jury in Santa Ana.

The 36-count indictment, which spans an array of alleged financial crimes, identifies Whiteside as “Individual 1” and Gardner as “Client 2.”

“We entered into a mutually agreed upon settlement more than two years ago following the end of our relationship; a settlement that reflected Alexis’ investment of time and support over a number of years as Hassan pursued a career in the NBA,” Whiteside and Gardner told the Los Angeles Times in a statement released by his agent.

“It is unfortunate that something that was meant to be kept private between us is now being publicly reported. We have both moved on amicably and wish nothing but the best for each other.”

Gardner is one of five clients whose money prosecutors say Avenatti stole. One of the others, Geoffrey Ernest Johnson, was a mentally ill paraplegic man on disability who won a $4-million settlement but received just $124,000 from Avenatti.

Avenatti indicted on 36 charges of tax dodging, perjury, and theft from clients »
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Avenatti's A Crook

wait till we get the DETAILS of tRUMP'S CROOKERY!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    wait till we get the DETAILS of tRUMP'S CROOKERY!!
    Unlike Trump, we have all the details of Avenatti's crookery.

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

tRUMP prolly feels sorry for avenatti thinking ya shoulda called me for TIPS!! and if ya had any MONEY we could negotiate a PARDON!!
    Last edited by lexx; 04-24-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Avenatti better be careful not to bend over in the prison shower.

he qualifies for GOLF RESORT PRISON !?

And to think the dimocrats wanted him to run for POTUS.

good thing THEY WOKE UP!! too bad the repuglicans fell for tRUMP!! really BAD for the nation!!and WORLD!!

good thing THEY WOKE UP!! too bad the repuglicans fell for tRUMP!! really BAD for the nation!!and WORLD!!
    Less taxes, lower unemployment, economy strong, stock market up.

How is that bad lecks?

HUGE DEBT, MILLIONS LOSING HEALTHCARE, DRUG PRICES SKYROCKET, INFLATION RAMPANT, FARMERS GETTING KILLED by TARIFFS, NATURAL WONDERS DEFILED by DRILLING and MINING, WATERS POLLUTED, AIR POLLUTED, GLOBAL WARMING IGNORED, WORKERS HEALTH AND SAFETY LOWERED, SCANDALS PLAGUE the WHITE HOUSE, CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS ABOUND, and the WORLD has lost RESPECT for america!!

HUGE DEBT, MILLIONS LOSING HEALTHCARE, DRUG PRICES SKYROCKET, INFLATION RAMPANT, FARMERS GETTING KILLED by TARIFFS, NATURAL WONDERS DEFILED by DRILLING and MINING, WATERS POLLUTED, AIR POLLUTED, GLOBAL WARMING IGNORED, WORKERS HEALTH AND SAFETY LOWERED, SCANDALS PLAGUE the WHITE HOUSE, CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS ABOUND, and the WORLD has lost RESPECT
    So why did you support o'bama?

off topic joe!! didnt vote for him the second time!!! yo shouldn't vote for tRUMP the second time either!!

off topic joe!! didnt vote for him the second time!!! yo shouldn't vote for tRUMP the second time either!!
    So you voted republican? I doubt it.

INDEPENDENT i voted 3rd party!!

Somehow I don't believe you.

i believe it was the green party HEY!! better than NOT voting!!