+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Democrats Lying Their Way To Riches

https://publicintegrity.org/federal-...way-to-riches/

Last month, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi sent supporters an email. Subject line: “NOT asking you for money.”

Open the email and Pelosi scolds Republicans for “playing politics with our national security.” She urges you to click a link if you agree. The link leads to a “Russia investigation survey,” which concludes with Pelosi doing exactly what she said wouldn’t do.

She asks you for money.

“Will you pitch in $3 (or more!) to help the DCCC support Democratic House candidates every step of the way to victory and flip the House in 2018?” Click, and a donation page pops up urging readers to “take the next step” and donate $15, or $100, or $1,000, or more.

The email was the latest among more than two dozen Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee-sponsored emails sent since January 2017 and reviewed by the Center for Public Integrity that woo potential suitors with the same false promise.

Each one of these emails are indeed solicitations. No other national political party committee — Republican and Democrat — so overtly serves such bogus fare. Save for a couple of Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee messages of a similar sort, DCCC all but owns a monopoly on communications that begin with a demonstrable lie.

For some Democrats, the DCCC’s fibbing amounts to a middling misdemeanor. They argue it’s trivial compared to a president, Donald Trump

But other liberals cry hypocrisy: Pelosi has pilloried the GOP for making “false representations” and trafficking in “alternative facts and fake news.” Former first lady Michelle Obama, perhaps the nation’s most recognizable Democrat after her husband, has pushed Democrats to reject deception and seek enlightenment. “When they go low, we go high,” she says.

Critics also consider these tactics a tacit admission that Democrats are parking their principles in pursuit of 2018 midterm campaign cash.

“I find the DCCC’s fundraising emails to be both annoying and pathetic — their hysterical pleas make the Democrats look like a no-good, lousy, one-party losing streak,” said Leo McDevitt, a copy writer and content manager from Escondido, California, who says he no longer donates to the DCCC because he’s put off by their solicitations.

“I have repeatedly told the DCCC that all of my donations are staying local,” said Linda Parsel of Texas, who avoids the DCCC and gives directly to Democratic candidates’ campaigns.

So why would the DCCC risk further alienating supporters with irksome fundraising emails, especially at a time when the committee, overseen by Rep. Ben Ray Luján of New Mexico, is already grappling with internal strife over how it supports candidates and involves itself in Democratic primaries? Last month, the DCCC even used committee resources to flame Laura Moser, a Democratic candidate running in a crowded Texas congressional primary contest.

Here’s one reason: The bait-and-switch “NOT asking for money” messages appear to work — at least more than they don’t.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Democrats Lying Their Way To Riches

HAHA joe your really gasping at STRAWS now!! do we have to dig UP the RNC's fund raising EMAILS!! i'm not a big fan of the DCCC but fund raising thru small donations is the NEW DEAL!! and i get asked for money by LOTS of do good organizations every DAY!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i'm not a big fan of the DCCC
    Sounds like BS to me.

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

NOPE i dont like some of their TACTICS and i think they need a shakeup!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

NOPE i dont like some of their TACTICS and i think they need a shakeup!!
    Getting rid of Pelosi is a good start.

replace her with AOC!! YES!!

replace her with AOC!! YES!!
    She's a moron.

you and her are NATURAL FREINDS then!?

you and her are NATURAL FREINDS then!?
    What are freinds?

friends are CLOSE enemies are CLOSER!!

So you're close with Trump?

i'm on his case daily!! news to you!?

i'm on his case daily!! news to you!?:
    Yeah, I'm sure Trump is worried about what lecks posted on scam.com

must have SOME effect if it causes YOU to lose your mind!!

must have SOME effect if it causes YOU to lose your mind!!
    You're the one who gets all worked up over Trump. Your head is going to explode one of these days.

it's kinda fun going after a crook and charlatan like tRUMP!! did i mention narcissist and bully!? just seems the NATURAL thing to do!!