+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 33 to 48 of 75

  1. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    1 thing for sure, you gotta QUIT ASSUMING!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  2. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    who's a joo!? just putting on a funny hat and growin a beard dont men anything!? you always take criticism for hate!! i like to think of it as evaluation of truth!? yah i know in the old testament there were dreams!! be better if they actually did something super natural instead of just dreaming!?
    Why are you on the religious forum? You don't read the Bible, you have uninformed or stupid opinions, and you don't read posting material. For you, it is not about learning or engaging in an intelligent conversation. it is all about monopolizing the forum with stupid or silly remarks.

  3. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    main page says your last poster but i cant see it!! the thread died for me!! HEHE!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  4. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?


    If there is no son of God, as I have maintained, much of the New Testament is in error. What happens to the gospels or Paul's writings without the son of God? What happens to hundreds of years of Christian theology? What happens to the many salvation stories without the son of God? The vast amount of damage caused by such an idea is immeasurable. But what if it is true? The problem with the question is there is no evidence. Everything about the Bible and Jesus is based on faith. However, we do know Jews exist and there is a nation of Israel. So, something must be going on with regard to Jews. Then, we have archaeological evidence for the existence of Jewish tribes and ancient lands occupied by God's chosen people.

    I believe God made Jews his chosen people, and God was the OT Messiah who became Jesus. From my dream revelations, I know Jesus was God, and there is no son of God. Furthermore, I know God is a duality, which may explain a lot of misunderstanding about Jesus in the New Testament.

    https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...Duality-of-God

    https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...is-a-pagan-god

    https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...False-theology!

    https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...-for-Salvation!

    So, if there is no son of God, how do you interpret the gospels and Paul's writings? If you try to unravel those NT books without the son of God, they fall apart. What remains is Judaism. My theory about what happened is God came into the world to "give testimony" to his chosen people. Then, after his death, or murder, Jesus movement leaders rewrote the whole story with a "marketing ploy." Would Christianity have been as successful without the son of God? Probably not! God didn't come into the world to start a new religion, he came into the world to "give testimony" to his chosen people. For an accurate story of the life of Jesus (God), read the book of Revelation, Chapter 11 about the two witnesses (duality of God), and Chapter 12 about Satan attacking God while he was in the world as Jesus. Apparently, John, the author of Revelation, believed Jesus was the son of God. However, if you factor out the idea of the son of God from Revelation, you find it to be an accurate story about humankind, God's chosen people, and world events. The book of Revelation may therefore be regarded as more relevant for Jews, or Judaism, than for Christianity.

    Some important meanings change in the book of Revelation when you factor out the son of God. Assuming Jesus was not the son of God, Christianity becomes a pagan religion. I realized I am in hot water for proposing the idea of there being no son of God, but, if it is true, the book takes on a different meaning. As an example, if the first Beast of Revelation (Rev. 13) is Christianity. Then, in reference to "One of the heads of the beast seemed to have a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast," (Rev. 13-3) we have the son of God as the wound in a "new world religion." Because there is no son of God, Christianity becomes a pagan religion. God's prosecuted people are Jews, and Christians and Muslims are two major world religions which have persecute them. In the context of new meanings, the second beast (Rev. 13:11) is Islam, and the mark of the beast (666) is Allah. Both Christians and Jews have persecuted God's chosen people. With new meanings for words, interpretations change. Subsequently, Revelation has an entirely different meaning than found in Christian theology.

    In my opinion, the reason why Christianity has become so appealing is because it brings God down to a human level. Humans want to identify with a religious leader, or with one they can identify with in order to feel compatible. If Jesus movement leaders had not changed meanings to make Jesus the son of God, there may not have been a new religion. And, assuming Jews didn't accept Jesus as the Messiah, then, there may have been little for Judaism to change. Jesus could have been regarded as a prophet. However, inasmuch as followers of Jesus wanted to overthrow their Roman overlords, they probably wouldn't have accepted Jesus as God unless he fulfilled an important need.

    God (Jesus) did not intend to start a new religion. God, doesn't micro-manage. People make freewill choices which may or may not agree with God's intentions. Followers of Jesus came up with narrative stories that changed Jews perception of Jesus. If you read gospels written prior to the NT gospels you don't find those narrative stories (Jesus is the son of God, Jesus is tempted by the devil, John baptizes Jesus, Jesus drives out devils, Jesus heals many, Jesus walks on water, etc.). Apparently, those stories were added for the Jesus movement to gain support. Here is an excellent source for origins of those ideas, The Lost Gospel Q by Burton L. Mack. Revelation 11 about the two witnesses (God's duality) is the most reliable story about Jesus.

    Again, there is no mention of the son of God in the Old Testament or in Jewish holy writings. In many respects, Christianity is a means by which people have maintained prejudices against Jews. Why would God take Judaism and revise it to eliminate original meanings? Satan has succeeded in assisting Christian leaders in replacing God's chosen people with Christians and his holy words with deceptive and unrelated meanings. Then, we have Islam, which is even more of an abomination for perverting God's holy words. It is interesting that Muslims primary adversary are Jews. Why would God's chosen people become the enemies of Islam? According to Revelation, Christians are the first beast and Islam is the second beast. God didn't change his mind about his chosen people, they are the Jews, and Israel is the land the Lord gave them. It is all written in the Old Testament. The New Testament contradicts God's holy words. Even more of a contradiction to God's holy words is the Koran which proclaims Allah to be God. The Lord's Old Testament Jews and Israel are surrounded by enemies. God didn't abandon his chosen people, the world has attacked, murdered, and persecuted them.

    Paul was dedicated to the idea of Jesus being the son of God. As an example, Paul begins Romans with a strong statement about the son of God.

    “Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospels of God --- the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scripture regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descent of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 1: 1-4)

    The problem with Paul’s statement about Jesus “the son of God” is there are no references in the Old Testament as proposed. Where in the Old Testament do you find such a statement about the son of God? I have searched, and I have found nothing. One must not, in searching scripture, confuse literal with figurative interpretations. With figurative interpretations, almost any idea can be referenced depending on creative skills of the author. If you search for a literal interpretation to the son of God in the Old Testament, you find nothing! Moreover, in the Old Testament, you don't find confirmation for Paul's statement: "the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scripture regarding his Son." So, if we find no OT references, why should we believe what Paul wrote?

  5. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Paul was dedicated to the idea of Jesus being the son of God. As an example, Paul begins Romans with a strong statement about the son of God.

    “Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospels of God --- the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scripture regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descent of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 1: 1-4)

    The problem with Paul’s statement about Jesus “the son of God” is there are no references in the Old Testament as proposed. Where in the Old Testament do you find such a statement about the son of God? I have searched, and I have found nothing. One must not, in searching scripture, confuse literal with figurative interpretations. With figurative interpretations, almost any idea can be referenced depending on creative skills of the author. If you search for a literal interpretation to the son of God in the Old Testament, you find nothing! Moreover, in the Old Testament, you don't find confirmation for Paul's statement: "the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scripture regarding his Son." So, if we find no OT references, why should we believe what Paul wrote?



    Last edited by Cnance; 05-02-2019 at 01:10 PM.

  6. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    so what about the "LAMB" of god!? what is it!? what is the significance of the term LAMB!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  7. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    so what about the "LAMB" of god!? what is it!? what is the significance of the term LAMB!?
    Apparently, you have all the answers. You explain it!

    Your comments reveal a lot of ignorance. You're ill-informed about the four gospels, and, apparently, you know nothing about science or physical laws. Don't you remember? I asked you to read a book about historical information concerning the four gospels. You said you refused to read it. Do you read books? If you refuse to look at the evidence for biblical fraud, how can we have an intelligent discussion? Actually, it is a contagious disease. I have not met a Christian with an open mind. They refuse to look at historical data about the four gospels. Why is that? I could post some of my research material, but it would be a waste of time. Wouldn't it?

    The problem for Christians is they don't want their faith shaken. It has been going on every since literacy came into the world. Christians will accept books written by faith based frauds, or fiction writers, but they refuse to look at contradictory evidence. The evidence is overwhelming. Those stories about Jesus being the son of God and crucified were written about fifty years after he was murdered. Gospels and other historical information prior to the four gospels clearly state Jesus was a wise man or a sage. Why was that? Is common sense too much to ask for? If Jesus was crucified, and if he was the son of God, why wasn't it mentioned in earlier gospels after he was murdered? That includes a period of about fifty years! Don't you get it?

    The reason I know the true story about the gospels is because I researched it. Mostly, I have pursued the research because I have had dreams revealing Jesus to be God, not the son of God. As it turns out, my dreams about Jesus (God) cannot be falsified.
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-26-2019 at 06:32 PM.

  8. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    what you are MISSING here is that I AM challenging your UNDERSTANDING of biblical TERMS and other stuff!! Regardless OF YOUR theories BACKED BY OTHERS who seem bent on questioning scripture!? if you KNOW something BESIDES what you read and dream it SHOULD be APPARENT!? otherwise your just another WHACKO with a HOLY PLAN to FEEL GOOD/PROUD!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  9. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    what you are MISSING here is that I AM challenging your UNDERSTANDING of biblical TERMS and other stuff!! Regardless OF YOUR theories BACKED BY OTHERS who seem bent on questioning scripture!? if you KNOW something BESIDES what you read and dream it SHOULD be APPARENT!? otherwise your just another WHACKO with a HOLY PLAN to FEEL GOOD/PROUD!!
    Where are challenging ideas? On this forum, there is just you, the uninformed. You have nothing to offer but I don't agree, but I don't know why.

    Again, I will post what I please.

  10. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    what you are MISSING here is that I AM challenging your UNDERSTANDING of biblical TERMS and other stuff!! Regardless OF YOUR theories BACKED BY OTHERS who seem bent on questioning scripture!? if you KNOW something BESIDES what you read and dream it SHOULD be APPARENT!? otherwise your just another WHACKO with a HOLY PLAN to FEEL GOOD/PROUD!!
    You know nothing but to criticize. So, if you disagree, what are you ideas?

  11. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    what you are MISSING here is that I AM challenging your UNDERSTANDING of biblical TERMS and other stuff!! Regardless OF YOUR theories BACKED BY OTHERS who seem bent on questioning scripture!? if you KNOW something BESIDES what you read and dream it SHOULD be APPARENT!? otherwise your just another WHACKO with a HOLY PLAN to FEEL GOOD/PROUD!!
    Read the Bible, or do something to gain knowledge. You can't criticize unless you know the subject.

    I post what I please. You post criticism without knowing anything.

  12. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    what you are MISSING here is that I AM challenging your UNDERSTANDING of biblical TERMS and other stuff!! Regardless OF YOUR theories BACKED BY OTHERS who seem bent on questioning scripture!? if you KNOW something BESIDES what you read and dream it SHOULD be APPARENT!? otherwise your just another WHACKO with a HOLY PLAN to FEEL GOOD/PROUD!!
    Lexx knows nothing but to criticize. He has not read the Bible enough to have an idea about the son of God

    From what we know about early gospels, the ones before the four NT gospels, Jesus spent a lot of time speaking about the "kingdom of heaven." The reason was because Jesus was God. However, after his death, leaders of the new church couldn't stand it. Their concern was with this world and their ruler, the Roman Empire. It didn't take long until they had redefined God. They brought Jesus down to their level by making him just like them, one more brother in a pagan world. Then, to make it official, they created the Trinity. People now had a choice, they could worship a man like themselves, or God, who had been brought down to the human level. Then, it became confusing. Pray to Jesus, a man like me, or pray to his father, who on earth was a man like me. Yes, you see, if Jesus is part of the Trinity, he would be next to God, the father, so praying to Jesus is like praying to both father and son. Oh, I almost forgot. If you have trouble praying to father or son, ask for the holy spirit, the other part of the Trinity. Then, you can have divine understanding, so you don't need either father or son. Yes, indeed, the Trinity is a complete package.

  13. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    copy and PASTE again!! you still havn't EXPLAINED why god wanted abraham to execute his son!? and WHAT was THAT like!? like some WEIRDO in a NUT house hearing a VOICE saying KILL that person and then when he goes to do it the voice says OK STOP!! or is it more like just a COMMANDING FEELING rather than a CONVERSATION!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  14. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    what you are MISSING here is that I AM challenging your UNDERSTANDING of biblical TERMS and other stuff!! Regardless OF YOUR theories BACKED BY OTHERS who seem bent on questioning scripture!? if you KNOW something BESIDES what you read and dream it SHOULD be APPARENT!? otherwise your just another WHACKO with a HOLY PLAN to FEEL GOOD/PROUD!!
    I don't accept your answer. You challenge without knowing or understanding. What do you know about the Bible? Based on postings, it is very little. So, I don't pay much attention to your opinions. Mostly, you say my dreams are not reliable, so It's all bunk. Again, I post what I know, not what others say, and ignore stupid comments. Why don't you stay with your Trump rants on the political forum? ha. ha.
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-28-2019 at 11:55 PM.

  15. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    you have NOT proven any KNOWING except by trying to interpret your dreams in/with scripture!? where us the PRACTICAL application of THAT for the rest of us!? NADA!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  16. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Jesus Hypotheses: Son of God or God?

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    you have NOT proven any KNOWING except by trying to interpret your dreams in/with scripture!? where us the PRACTICAL application of THAT for the rest of us!? NADA!!
    No matter what I post, you are the naysayer. Here is a summary statement, God is holy and we are not. It is not complicated. I have no advice or proclamation statements about religion or salvation, it is all about what I know from my dreams and the implications thereof. My personal belief is salvation is a faint hope, there are no guarantees!
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-29-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Did Jesus think of himself as the son of God?
    By SubJunk in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 11:10 PM
  2. Come to Jesus
    By Yawn... in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 10:00 PM
  3. Jesus and DNA
    By wazzaa in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 02:43 PM
  4. Did Jesus have a last name?
    By Lord_jag in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 12:26 AM
  5. Who was Jesus?
    By Cnance in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 10:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •