+ Reply to Thread

Anyone watch X-Files?

I didn't even see much of the show when it originally aired. I did catch a few episodes during the last couple of seasons, but I wasn't a big TV fan (still am not now), so I didn't get any before that.

Didn't care much for those few episodes which I had seen. Lately, though, I've caught quite a bit on TNT, and have really enjoyed watching the show over the last 3 months. I must say, I'm sad that I didn't catch on earlier, because it is really enjoyable to watch - humorous, thought-provoking, and simply interesting. Enjoyment is what we are supposed to get out of entertainment, no? :)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon

Re: Anyone watch X-Files?

I was a fan at the time. Have not seen it lately-not in rerun on our cable. I do believe you can buy it on dvd. Will ask my kids - they know everything! (haha). If you really want to follow up I would really recommend watching them in order - especially the last two years - otherwise most of the really interesting plot developments will be ruined for you.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    I was a fan at the time. Have not seen it lately-not in rerun on our cable. I do believe you can buy it on dvd. Will ask my kids - they know everything! (haha). If you really want to follow up I would really recommend watching them in order - especially the last two years - otherwise most of the really interesting plot developments will be ruined for you.
    Yes, I pretty much have been watching in order - now it's in the last two years, which I don't really care for much, although I do appreciate them a little bit more now that I have seen almost all of the earlier ones.

The DVDs retail for around $70 per season, and you can get all 9 on ebay for around $450. They have Chinese editions (maybe legitimate, but still...) for around $40 + $40 shipping. I'd rather get the regular version, even if those still are authentic. And, I'm not rich, so, I'm just gonna live with reruns on TNT for now, lol.

Thanks for the reply. ;)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon

I know how you feel. I started watching "Dead Like Me" about a month age. Then my kids tell me it ended after the first season in 2003. Reruns - how was I to know. They were watching it at their friends houses who have satelite! I'm just out of the loop.

I made it a point to sit down and watch X-Files every week! It was fascinating and thought provoking.

war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

Yea X-files was/is an awesome show, I used to watch it alot a couple of years ago. Its a shame that they didnt keep it running as long as they could have... anyway its really good selection for a thread.
    war_on_scam

Sarcascos - My know-it-all kids tell me $70 is a decent price for the X-Files dvds. They also tell me that you can download them from some private websites. It's not legal and not easy to find. I will keep a lookout at at our local video stores. I find great deals on "previously viewed" dvds, but you can probably do the same. Have you looked at your local video stores?

One of my fav all time shows. :)

The Road Less Traveled is the road with less litter.

I enjoy breathing.

way too freaky for me!(must mean it's good!!)but that was a while back.if i see it on again i will try to get thru an episode.hehe!love scully!!she put the X in....

I tried to watch the series about a year ago and couldn't get into it.....wasn't anything near as interesting as I remembered it....

My folks watch the entire thing from the 1st to the last episode once a year, though. bleh

try googling watch x files online!? i got lots of hits!? may check a couple out!? ::crazy1: :spin2: :

here ya go, watch this 1 it pretty much explains the whole shebang!?

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/p...d=71z94opt7tvo
    Last edited by lexx; 12-05-2012 at 05:48 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    try googling watch x files online!? i got lots of hits!? may check a couple out!? ::crazy1: :spin2: :

here ya go, watch this 1 it pretty much explains the whole shebang!?

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/p...d=71z94opt7tvo

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    ask me what i understood.......it's as much a personal relationship male/female drive saga as it is a alien story!?
    Ok........what new truth did you discover?
    Last edited by bibleman; 12-10-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Ok........what new truth did you discover?
    stop tryin ta FIND truth and stick with what cha know and be happy!? the truth just might KILL ya!?.................or WORSE!? : :freak3: :judges: :
    Last edited by lexx; 12-11-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    stop tryin ta FIND truth and stick with what cha know and be happy!? the truth just might KILL ya!?.................or WORSE!? : :freak3: :judges: :

Curiosity killed the cat. :

Modern day Twilight zone. Watch them in order....Netfix has them all I think,

GENIUS