+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Peaceful Left?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    If you have no ideas to contribute, you find mundane or irrelevant topics. By consuming time with grammar errors, you have no time for important topics. It is a supercilious intellectual pursuit. As an example, You haven't discussed the main topic for this thread. It is all about finding violations with the King's language, even when the King is dead!

Evidently, you are a radical Democrat who has lost his way. So Sad!

Here is question posted by another member on this thread. "You think it's okay for people to threaten this man and his family because they disagree with his political views?"

Evidently, you think it is alright. I suspect you have joined militant Democrats in their criminal assault on Republicans. If not, post your reply!
    Actually, politically, I'm a Independent, leaning right.

Always have been and always will be.

Do let me know when you, and your fellow whiners, decide to become 'real' Republicans.

Trump is not a Republican.
    He is a pure Capitalist, Opportunist, and over all Scammer.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    Actually, politically, I'm a Independent, leaning right.

Always have been and always will be.

Do let me know when you, and your fellow whiners, decide to become 'real' Republicans.

Trump is not a Republican.
    He is a pure Capitalist, Opportunist, and over all Scammer.
    I do not agree with your opinion about Trump. Before he became a politician he was in the entertainment business. And before that, he was a successful entrepreneur builder. Trump has probably had more business experience than most Presidents. Having spend many years in the business community, I appreciate what it teaches about the real world. A politician without a good understanding of business is like a band leader without a feeling for rhythm.

One cannot make a good argument against what Trump has done for jobs, regulations, and international trade. I think one criticism, which you probably share, is his "take no prisoners" negotiation style. He may have an abrasive personality, but he certainly knows about business and how to make deals to benefit people. Many years ago, I read his book, The Art of the Deal. It is an excellent book about business deal making, which Trump does as President. In short, you can't make a good argument against what Trump has contributed to the economy.

When I was a professor at a Texas university, I made a proposal during a TV interview which was broadcasted. It was called "the elimination of Washington." What I said in a brief presentation is a law should be passed whereby all members of congress would communicate and vote through telecommunications. Also, they would be required to stay in their home district. Following each vote, they would explain it to voters at a townhall meeting. In short, they would be directly accountable without lobbying influences. So, I understand Trump's attitude about the "swamp," or strong, and sometimes disruptive, political influences of Washington. Regardless of what one may think about Trump's personality, he has been successfully at stimulating the economy. Mostly, for people, jobs are most important. In short, results is what counts.

As for our relationship, I recall you banned me many years ago. You didn't have a strong case, it was about an insult, not nearly as caustic as what is going on now. Would you have banned chesty? So, I guess we don't get along very well. Mostly, I am a civil person, but I don't like personal attacks, it brings out bad karma in me. ha. ha.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-16-2018 at 11:34 PM.

When I was a professor at a Texas university,
    And what university was that again?
    I made a proposal during a TV interview which was broadcasted. It was called "the elimination of Washington." What I said in a brief presentation is a law should be passed whereby all members of congress would communicate and vote through telecommunications. Also, they would be required to stay in their home district. Following each vote, they would explain it to voters at a townhall meeting. In short, they would be directly accountable without lobbying influences. So, I understand Trump's attitude about the "swamp," or strong, and sometimes disruptive, political influences of Washington. Regardless of what one may think about Trump's personality, he has been successfully at stimulating the economy. In short, results is what counts.
    Really, WOW.
    Can you provide links to anything that you have just claimed?

As for our relationship, I recall you banned me many years ago. You didn't have a strong case, it was about an insult, not nearly as caustic as what is going on now. Would you have banned chesty? So, I guess we don't get along very well. Mostly, I am a civil person, but I don't like personal attacks, it brings out bad karma in me. ha. ha.

Have a nice day.
    Sorry, but I've never 'banned' you from this, or any other forum. I actually have no idea what you are even posting about in regards to that subject.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

And what university was that again?

Really, WOW.
    Can you provide links to anything that you have just claimed?

Sorry, but I've never 'banned' you from this, or any other forum. I actually have no idea what you are even posting about in regards to that subject.
    Here is a copy of the record of you telling me to leave the forum for a week.

World Renown Scientist... Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

05-10-2013 02:25 PM by nomaxim

You tell me what universities you have held appointments, then, I will consider giving you the information. Your tone conveys an insult!
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-17-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Here is a copy of the record of you telling me to leave the forum for a week.

World Renown Scientist... Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

05-10-2013 02:25 PM by nomaxim

As for our relationship, I recall you banned me many years ago.
    You tell me what universities you have held appointments, then, I will consider giving you the information. Your tone conveys an insult!
    Ahh, you were not 'banned' from posting.

You were given a week (seven days) off.

MOD NOTE
    Cnance,
    Take a week off.

Rule #8 violation.;Infraction (warning) given.
    If I had 'banned' you you would not be posting under you current username.
    LoL
    Last edited by nomaxim; 11-17-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Ahh, you were not 'banned' from posting.

You were given a week (seven days) off.

If I had 'banned' you you would not be posting under you current username.
    LoL
    Oh, I see. It is alright then, right? Regardless of your weak excuse, I don't like what you did.

Now, tell everyone about your university appointments. Then, I may post a record of my appointments, academic ranks, and tenured status. Don't you agree, it is not a good idea to post person information? There are people like chesty who will use it against you. You come across as arrogant, so I feel no real compassion. It is the internet, a phony world of communication. While I have really accomplished what I say, most others on this and other forums, are full of BS.

Where is your reply to my statement about Trump. I hope you're not one of those "fake news hate Trump people!"
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-17-2018 at 03:16 AM.