+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stormy's Lawyer Got His Own Problems

https://thefederalist.com/2018/08/29...ng-u-s-asylum/

For months now, lawyers have been questioning Michael Avenatti’s motives and whether he has his client Stormy Daniels’ best interests in mind. Many, including me, always felt his publicity-seeking has been more about Avenatti’s huge ego than anything else.

Before emerging as a lawyer beloved by the Donald Trump resistance, Avenatti had his fair share of legal problems, including the bankruptcy of his prior firm, a lawsuit by a pregnant former employee alleging sex discrimination for which he has yet to pay the judgment (first reported by The Daily Caller), and an outstanding $4.9 million tax lien in connection with unpaid withholding for employees of a coffee company he purchased.
    When Avenatti waded into the immigration debate, it was worrisome to anyone who knows anything about immigration law. Generally speaking, lawyers are not jacks-of-all-trades. Most lawyers specialize in certain areas of law. It’s impossible to be an “expert” in every area of the law. Immigration law is particularly complicated and not something you can just dabble in.

From Avenatti’s standpoint, representing individuals and children who were separated for attempting to illegally enter the country was just yet another way to challenge President Trump. He took to Twitter to announce that he was “mobilizing resources on the ground” and will continue to release “countless images, video, and audio.” Imagine releasing a tape of a crying child for publicity. Quite honestly, I can’t.

When Avenatti posted confidential client information online, many immigration lawyers were outraged. On Twitter, he posted a document with his client’s full “A number” (an identifying number for immigration purposes) and other identifying information. These made it clear to anyone reading—including the government of the person’s birth country—that this individual was seeking asylum. This is a major no-no for obvious reasons.
    Avenatti’s craziness doesn’t stop there. Several immigration lawyers believe Avenatti is agreeing to “voluntary departures” for children for publicity’s sake. Voluntary departure is a process whereby the individual chooses to return to his or her home country and forgo any proceedings. While Avenatti’s tweets make it seem like he’s doing God’s work reuniting children with their parents, he could very well being doing real damage.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Stormy's Lawyer Got His Own Problems

oh HAHA!! tRUMP has SET the NEW STANDARD for GETTING AWAY with ANYTHING, forget the RULES and LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO!! you YOURSELF are PROUD of his ANTICS!!

Name:  trump voter.png
Views: 68
Size:  375.8 KB
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Avenatti is sort of like Trump but you support him?

Amazing.

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Avenatti better be careful, they'll be investigating him next.

I'm surprised Cohen didn't hide his files because he should have known they may come after him. Since he is guilty of crimes you know he must have given it some thought. Trump too.
    Of course guess it was too late to get rid of the evidence showing he's a crook.

Still wondering what's with Trumps tax returns and if that's going to be his undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Avenatti is sort of like Trump but you support him?

Amazing.

you talking to me!? as far as BEHAVIOR in this country tRUMP has turned the DEVIL LOOSE and he's gotten into TOO MANY people!! that's the LEGACY of this ROTTEN PRESIDENT we have NOW!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

https://thefederalist.com/2018/08/29...ng-u-s-asylum/

When Avenatti waded into the immigration debate, it was worrisome to anyone who knows anything about immigration law. Generally speaking, lawyers are not jacks-of-all-trades. Most lawyers specialize in certain areas of law. It’s impossible to be an “expert” in every area of the law. Immigration law is particularly complicated and not something you can just dabble in.

From Avenatti’s standpoint, representing individuals and children who were separated for attempting to illegally enter the country was just yet another way to challenge President Trump. He took to Twitter to announce that he was “mobilizing resources on the ground” and will continue to release “countless images, video, and audio.” Imagine releasing a tape of a crying child for publicity. Quite honestly, I can’t.

Jeopardizing His Own Clients’ Cases and Even Safety
    When Avenatti posted confidential client information online, many immigration lawyers were outraged. On Twitter, he posted a document with his client’s full “A number” (an identifying number for immigration purposes) and other identifying information. These made it clear to anyone reading—including the government of the person’s birth country—that this individual was seeking asylum. This is a major no-no for obvious reasons.

Indeed, experienced immigration lawyers who spotted this major breach of client private information have indicated they have to report Avenatti to the State Bar of California, where Avenatti is licensed to practice law. Certain states are “mandatory reporting” states. That means if a lawyer becomes aware of potential unethical behavior by an attorney he or she must report it.

OK cnance!!

Name:  trump voter.png
Views: 56
Size:  375.8 KB

Name:  lexx.png
Views: 60
Size:  126.8 KB

Name:  mentalelth.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  86.8 KB

This one's for Lexx!

Name:  Lexx1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  12.9 KB

Name:  Fucking+Moron.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  Lexx1.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  12.9 KB

aand YET they CANT PASS a HEALTHCARE BILL or a IMMIGRATION BILL or a SPENDING BILL yada yada yada.....

Do you know why the republicans control everything now?

Take a wild guess.

yah, FEAR MONGERING,LYING, VOTER SUPPRESSION, GERRYMANDERING, CENSUS MANPULATON!!
    Last edited by lexx; 09-01-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Do you know why the republicans control everything now?

Take a wild guess.

JoeCool44's campaign to control the hearts and minds of voters.
    Cat Police - SF