+ Reply to Thread

New Lawsuit Against Herbalife

https://www.usnews.com/news/business...ts-were-a-sham

MIAMI (AP) Patricia and Jeff Rodgers figured they did everything right to get rich beyond their wildest dreams selling Herbalife health and personal care products. They attended all of the "Circle of Success" events, brought in new recruits, met their quotas on buying Herbalife goods to sell and even set up a storefront shop.

But they didn't get rich. Instead, Patricia Rodgers estimates the couple lost over $100,000, including about $20,000 spent on attending Herbalife events. Now, the couple and others are suing the multi-level marketing company that sells its products through a network of distributors who recruit more distributors. The potential class-action case could involve more than 100,000 plaintiffs and might mean as much as $1 billion in damages.

"We did everything they told us to do. We attended every event. We traveled and we spent money. And we didn't get successful like they said we would," Rodgers said in an interview at the couple's home in Hallandale Beach, Florida. "You get involved in it, it's almost like a cult mentality."
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: New Lawsuit Against Herbalife

I don't see how you could post this. Herbalife is a class act company. Many people have made fortunes by following simple rules. The ones who can't follow the rules don't make it to the Circle of Success.

Cat Police - SF

Yeah, 99.98% of people just can't follow the rules.

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Yeah, 99.98% of people just can't follow the rules.

When thinking about this lawsuit seems to me people could start suing their Church for taking their money, following the Bible but having a shitty life. Wonder if it's ever happened? I know a lot of people have been taken by religious scams, not sure just how those scams go and why you couldn't apply it to the usual church.

Here we go, I've taken this off topic but this seems to be an unusual lawsuit and if they win why couldn't church goers do the same thing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 08-29-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    When thinking about this lawsuit seems to me people could start suing their Church for taking their money, following the Bible but having a shitty life. Wonder if it's ever happened? I know a lot of people have been taken by religious scams, not sure just how those scams go and why you couldn't apply it to the usual church.

Here we go, I've taken this off topic but this seems to be an unusual lawsuit and if they win why couldn't church goers do the same thing?
    It's possible for a cult trying to portray itself as a church. I would assume that there would be false promises made. The discovery process in a case like that would be fascinating, IMO.

In the Herbalife lawsuit, more that likely it will be settled out of court with a stipulation that there is a non disclosure clause. That's what Herbalife did in a previous class action lawsuit against them, as well as Amway.

The FTC could shut down these scams, but the big MLM companies have apparently greased the palms of influential people.

It's possible for a cult trying to portray itself as a church. I would assume that there would be false promises made. The discovery process in a case like that would be fascinating, IMO.
    Oh come on Joe. A church is a cult. Its all about false promises.

In the Herbalife lawsuit, more that likely it will be settled out of court with a stipulation that there is a non disclosure clause. That's what Herbalife did in a previous class action lawsuit against them, as well as Amway.
    Sush there Joe. Don't say Amway or that guy who claims you owe him 50,000 bucks might just pick up on it

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes
    I think the promise of the churches are all to do with "following death" so you could never prove they bullshitted you unless you died (really died) and came back. Greatest scam ever.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Sush there Joe. Don't say Amway or that guy who claims you owe him 50,000 bucks might just pick up on it
    He was chicken. I told him he would be paying $50,000 to find out my real life identity. He kept whining that I would use some Jedi mind trick such as claiming my name was a derivative of the name "Steve Nakamura", which is who he thinks I am in real life. I told him my real identity is not Steven or Stephen or my last name is not Nakamura for that matter.

Anyway, I could not get him to agree on terms. I'm not sure he had $50k to wager either.

He was chicken. I told him he would be paying $50,000 to find out my real life identity. He kept whining that I would use some Jedi mind trick such as claiming my name was a derivative of the name "Steve Nakamura", which is who he thinks I am in real life. I told him my real identity is not Steven or Stephen or my last name is not Nakamura for that matter.

Anyway, I could not get him to agree on terms. I'm not sure he had $50k to wager either.
    He definitely gives a different and more long winded version. Must be a buddy of Leks Luther.

http://network21amway.blogspot.com/2...out-amway.html

Your highness,

IBOFightBack now describes himself as a "behavioral engineer" on LinkedIn. I think you prevailed in that war, JoeCool44.
    Cat Police - SF

[QUOTE=chesty;1992557]Oh come on Joe. A church is a cult. Its all about false promises.QUOTE]

It's not a false promises if the people making the promises really believe what they are promising.
    Last edited by Richard 3; 09-01-2018 at 05:39 PM. Reason: iambic pentameter issues
    Cat Police - SF

[QUOTE=Richard 3;1992667]
    Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    Oh come on Joe. A church is a cult. Its all about false promises.QUOTE]

It's not a false promises if the people making the promises really believe what they are promising.
    Its false if they cannot deliver. The word "believe" or "belief" is given way too much credibility and do they even believe that crap? To subscribe to something is to accept it without even testing its validity. That's just laziness. The reference to sheep in the bible is not lost.

[QUOTE=chesty;1992670]
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post

Its false if they cannot deliver. The word "believe" or "belief" is given way too much credibility and do they even believe that crap? To subscribe to something is to accept it without even testing its validity. That's just laziness. The reference to sheep in the bible is not lost.
    Maybe they do deliver.
    Cat Police - SF

15. 09-02-2018, 11:10 AM

Maybe they do deliver.
    Are you saying they deliver. "Maybe" don't cut it. "Maybe" is a conditional like "if". And what about the rest of what I wrote? Is this another of your cut and run posts?

Your highness,

IBOFightBack now describes himself as a "behavioral engineer" on LinkedIn. I think you prevailed in that war, JoeCool44.
    Well, he did imply that he was an expert in just about every field imaginable. Or by saying behavioral engineer, he is saying he watches his children?