+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Moderation, why?

I feel it's important to get the story correct for why the Administrator got rid of the four members who had Mod. privileges. The reason I feel it's important to explain this is because the forum has swiftly gone downhill ever sense the Admin made the decision to have no Mods.

Problem is I don't know the real reason the owner got rid of moderation. He stated that one of his Mods had deleted a thousand posts, his posts, and was a spy from RealScam.com. That he had a plant on the forum and was getting rid of all Moderators.
    When he posted this claim I immediately PM'd him to try and gather more information. I was ticked because he was throwing all his Mods under the bus and these were members dedicating their time to support his forum. The owner didn't want a lot of moderating but did want spam deleted because at that time he didn't use programs to keep spam off of the forum.
    As I questioned him he just went in circles and I kept pressuring him because I felt this was all a lie and I wanted the truth. He kept telling me he hadn't fingered anyone. He kept asking me why I was so angry because he hadn't fingered anyone. He wanted me to let it go but it was hard because like I said these were members dedicating their time to help his forum. He told me to feel good about it cause I wouldn't have to delete spam any longer.

Why I'm still upset is because the forum has gone downhill ever since he got rid of Mods and doesn't enforce rules. We had a small group of regular members posting and enjoying themselves and he ruined that. Why I don't know.

Also he gave me the title of SuperMod but it was only because I was deleting most of the spam on the forum. It wasn't because he needed or the forum needed one Mod to be over moderation, the forum didn't have much to moderate because most everyone knew the rules and followed them. Having a SuperMod was not necessary. When I told him giving me that title was an embarrassment to me he told me he thought the Mods felt important being a Mod and the title SuperMod gave that person a feeling of superiority. I knew he was just being a smart ass because why would anyone feel important over carrying a title that wasn't needed or even used.

I'll take the blame for deleting his posts, even though I didn't, it's a dumb reason for getting rid of all of his Mods. I felt bad for the other three Mods being thrown under the bus so because I had no choice but to carry the label he gave me, that pretty much leaves me responsible for all of the Mods.

Why he would tell everyone it was his posts that were deleted baffled me too, why were his posts so important? This is in the past but what is of importance to me is the forum had a group of members still posting and the owners decision to get rid of all Mods caused the final big decline to the forum. The forum was pretty much dead at that time but we were still hoping for a come back.

Again I don't know the real reason the owner got rid of all Mods, if I did possibly I wouldn't have bad feelings toward the owner. He used the word betrayal and that his last SuperMod had betrayed him but he also wanted me to just shut up and that may have been a way he used to get me to quit asking him about why he did what he did.

The owner did try to keep this forum going and improve it, I give him kudos for that. I wanted an apology from him for what he did to the Mods and myself with not explaining why he did what he did but I think just posting this and rehashing it has helped with wanting him to tell the truth. It's his forum and he can do what he wants.

I'm not a person who supports bullying others and also don't support running other members off of a forum. I feel rules are important and moderation is important for many reasons on a discussion forum. I appreciate the opportunity I had to moderate because I learned something new and enjoyed learning how to use the moderating tools for a vbullentin forum. It was fun and I enjoyed it but I also know a good moderator needs to have knowledge of the topics discussed on the forum and also good communication skills. Just deleting spam and a tiny bit of moderating discussion was a good way for me to learn the job since I was a newcomer to both moderating and Interent forums. Scam.com was the first discussion forum I had spent much time on and I truly enjoyed reading what everyone had to say way back when I first joined the forum in 2009.

Scam.com has had many an excellent Moderator back when moderating was needed and I know the time and energy those members put into helping this forum is why it was a success for many years.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 08-22-2018 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo's also added to last sentence

Re: No Moderation, why?

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    I feel it's important to get the story correct for why the Administrator got rid of the four members who had Mod. privileges. The reason I feel it's important to explain this is because the forum has swiftly gone downhill ever sense the Admin made the decision to have no Mods.

Problem is I don't know the real reason the owner got rid of moderation. He stated that one of his Mods had deleted a thousand posts, his posts, and was a spy from RealScam.com. That he had a plant on the forum and was getting rid of all Moderators.
    When he posted this claim I immediately PM'd him to try and gather more information. I was ticked because he was throwing all his Mods under the bus and these were members dedicating their time to support his forum. The owner didn't want a lot of moderating but did want spam deleted because at that time he didn't use programs to keep spam off of the forum.
    As I questioned him he just went in circles and I kept pressuring him because I felt this was all a lie and I wanted the truth. He kept telling me he hadn't fingered anyone. He kept asking me why I was so angry because he hadn't fingered anyone. He wanted me to let it go but it was hard because like I said these were members dedicating their time to help his forum. He told me to feel good about it cause I wouldn't have to delete spam any longer.

Why I'm still upset is because the forum has gone downhill ever since he got rid of Mods and doesn't enforce rules. We had a small group of regular members posting and enjoying themselves and he ruined that. Why I don't know.

Also he gave me the title of SuperMod but it was only because I was deleting most of the spam on the forum. It wasn't because he needed or the forum needed one Mod to be over moderation, the forum didn't have much to moderate because most everyone knew the rules and followed them. Having a SuperMod was not necessary. When I told him giving me that title was an embarrassment to me he told me he thought the Mods felt important being a Mod and the title SuperMod gave that person a feeling of superiority. I knew he was just being a smart ass because why would anyone feel important over carrying a title that wasn't needed or even used.

I'll take the blame for deleting his posts, even though I didn't, it's a dumb reason for getting rid of all of his Mods. I felt bad for the other three Mods being thrown under the bus so because I had no choice but to carry the label he gave me, that pretty much leaves me responsible for all of the Mods.

Why he would tell everyone it was his posts that were deleted baffled me too, why were his posts so important? This is in the past but what is of importance to me is the forum had a group of members still posting and the owners decision to get rid of all Mods caused the final big decline to the forum. The forum was pretty much dead at that time but we were still hoping for a come back.

Again I don't know the real reason the owner got rid of all Mods, if I did possibly I wouldn't have bad feelings toward the owner. He used the word betrayal and that his last SuperMod had betrayed him but he also wanted me to just shut up and that may have been a way he used to get me to quit asking him about why he did what he did.

The owner did try to keep this forum going and improve it, I give him kudos for that. I wanted an apology from him for what he did to the Mods and myself with not explaining why he did what he did but I think just posting this and rehashing it has helped with wanting him to tell the truth. It's his forum and he can do what he wants.

I'm not a person who supports bullying others and also don't support running other members off of a forum. I feel rules are important and moderation is important for many reasons on a discussion forum. I appreciate the opportunity I had to moderate because I learned something new and enjoyed learning how to use the moderating tools for a vbullentin forum. It was fun and I enjoyed it but I also know a good moderator needs to have knowledge of the topics discussed on the forum and also good communication skills. Just deleting spam and a tiny bit of moderating discussion was a good way for me to learn the job since I was a newcomer to both moderating and Interent forums. Scam.com was the first discussion forum I had spent much time on and I truly enjoyed reading what everyone had to say way back when I first joined the forum in 2009.

Scam.com has had many an excellent Moderator back when moderating was needed and I know the time and energy those members put into helping this forum is why it was a success for many years.
    And after that long winded explanation for something that nobody really cares about, what do you have to say about your support for the (unarguably) most disruptive lunatic who has ever graced any forum. He has stomped all over any reasonable discussion like a child throwing a tantrum when he cannot get his way. He has now really overstepped the mark of any decency with his remarks on the genocide of Native Americans. Not to mention his copy and paste tantrums, his generalized attacks on the entire Irish nationality, his attempts to infect the political section with his lunatic pseudo religious rants etc etc. But you supported him and pointed the finger of blame at Chesty. Chesty got tired of his attacks and of the refusal of the sites owners to do anything about him. Call Chesty stupid and Chesty tells you where you live. That is fully justified. Enough said. I don't think you are suitable for any sort of moderating task much less "super" moderator. You do paint a rosy picture of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    And after that long winded explanation for something that nobody really cares about, what do you have to say about your support for the (unarguably) most disruptive lunatic who has ever graced any forum. He has stomped all over any reasonable discussion like a child throwing a tantrum when he cannot get his way. He has now really overstepped the mark of any decency with his remarks on the genocide of Native Americans. Not to mention his copy and paste tantrums, his generalized attacks on the entire Irish nationality, his attempts to infect the political section with his lunatic pseudo religious rants etc etc. But you supported him and pointed the finger of blame at Chesty. Chesty got tired of his attacks and of the refusal of the sites owners to do anything about him. Call Chesty stupid and Chesty tells you where you live. That is fully justified. Enough said. I don't think you are suitable for any sort of moderating task much less "super" moderator. You do paint a rosy picture of yourself.
    The post was just for you so when you post about me you're getting your facts right, I know you've said you don't lie.

Keep doing what you're doing, have I tired to stop you, no. I'm not going to participate in running anyone off and that seems to upset you.

I'm considering the owner may decide to change the name of the forum to something like Flame.com. He once wanted to change it to Retards.com. Scam sure isn't doing it for him. Think he once had a forum where it was all insults, don't recall the name though.

Hope you accomplish whatever it is you're trying to accomplish. Same to all who post on this forum.

Maybe later but most likely not.

The post was just for you so when you post about me you're getting your facts right, I know you've said you don't lie.

Keep doing what you're doing, have I tired to stop you, no. I'm not going to participate in running anyone off and that seems to upset you.

I'm considering the owner may decide to change the name of the forum to something like Flame.com. He once wanted to change it to Retards.com. Scam sure isn't doing it for him. Think he once had a forum where it was all insults, don't recall the name though.

Hope you accomplish whatever it is you're trying to accomplish. Same to all who post on this forum.

Maybe later but most likely not.
    Oh somebody has her panties in a right twist. You really have a wet patch for this "owner" up in the big house on the hill. So, what is your view of the genocide of Native Americans. Hiding from the issue? and hiding from the issue that your pet frog is the root cause of all this trouble. Bet you cannot answer those queries. Actually, why do you care soooo much about this empty forum? Is your life so sad that you have nobody else to converse with. I suspect so. You were the one person I WAS very respectful to, but then you turned all menopausal on me. Well PegiSuu, I bite back.

Oh somebody has her panties in a right twist. You really have a wet patch for this "owner" up in the big house on the hill. So, what is your view of the genocide of Native Americans. Hiding from the issue? and hiding from the issue that your pet frog is the root cause of all this trouble. Bet you cannot answer those queries. Actually, why do you care soooo much about this empty forum? Is your life so sad that you have nobody else to converse with. I suspect so. You were the one person I WAS very respectful to, but then you turned all menopausal on me. Well PegiSuu, I bite back.
    I know you bite...

I'm being serious he needs to change the name.

I have no clue why I keep coming back here. Until you got here was just spending a minute or two checking it out and deiced to post to help out Lexx.

I've got to go, already been here to long. I wonder the same about you, why so much time on Cnance?

As far as Cnance and the Indian post he kind of messed that up but if he is racist not unusual for a person of his age. Does sound like he may not care for the American Indian, it didn't upset me. It's posted on Scam by a man who is elderly. Oh and I have American Indian on my Dads side and my Dad was one big racist against blacks and Mexicans. Maybe just a bigot but could come across as racist. A lot of older people were raised to not care for minorities and minorities not to care for whites.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 08-22-2018 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo

I must reply to chesty's biased assessment and personal attack on PeggieSue, a superb moderating with good character. Chesty has been here on a short period of time. I have been here for several years. Based on what I know, she has done an excellent job moderating. Evidence indicates she is honest and has been fair in forum deliberations. If anyone reads chesty's postings they will quickly conclude he is a troublemaker, he frequently insults forum members and has a bad habit of misinterpreting postings. It is so bad that I have accumulated a long list of chesty's foul mouth postings which I have posted to warn others. He uses a lot of profanity in his postings, and has a habit of making personal attacks. If the old rules were in use chesty would be banned!

I must mention one of chesty's latest attacks. He has claimed I hate American Indians, I approve of genocide, and I hate Irishmen. Well, the truth is I make jokes, which is appropriate on the forum. Well, I made a joke referring to an "old American saying" from Old West days. It is "A good Indian is a dead Indian." Well, always looking for inflammatory material, chesty took it and ran. Now chesty claims I hate American Indians and approve of genocide. It is what chesty does, he lies, distorts and exaggerates. All of what I have stated about chesty can be verified, it is all there on chesty's postings. In short, chesty is a troublemaker. Troublemakers can be found on almost any discussion forum. It can be tolerated, but in chesty's case, it has become a serious problem.

W

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I must reply to chesty's biased assessment and personal attack on PeggieSue, a superb moderating with good character. Chesty has been here on a short period of time. I have been here for several years. Based on what I know, she has done an excellent job moderating. Evidence indicates she is honest and has been fair in forum deliberations. If anyone reads chesty's postings they will quickly conclude he is a troublemaker, he frequently insults forum members and has a bad habit of misinterpreting postings. It is so bad that I have accumulated a long list of chesty's foul mouth postings which I have posted to warn others. He uses a lot of profanity in his postings, and has a habit of making personal attacks. If the old rules were in use chesty would be banned!

I must mention one of chesty's latest attacks. He has claimed I hate American Indians, I approve of genocide, and I hate Irishmen. Well, the truth is I make jokes, which is appropriate on the forum. Well, I made a joke referring to an "old American saying" from Old West days. It is "A good Indian is a dead Indian." Well, always looking for inflammatory material, chesty took it and ran. Now chesty claims I hate American Indians and approve of genocide. It is what chesty does, he lies, distorts and exaggerates. All of what I have stated about chesty can be verified, it is all there on chesty's postings. In short, chesty is a troublemaker. Troublemakers can be found on almost any discussion forum. It can be tolerated, but in chesty's case, it has become a serious problem.
    Kissing ass because you got no friends you old bastard haha. Native Americans are not Indian you ignorant fool.You are a racist Nazi biggot and you will not talk your way out of this one. It is already being posted and turning up in searches so you will get the fame you tried so hard to get. Yet another genocidal lunatic with a religious angle. How surprising. How about you make a joke about the Nazi Holocaust? Come on Nance, lets hear some tasteless jokes about that vile event in history just to show that you make jokes. I don't think jokes about that would go down too well. You are a filthy bastard and there is no excuse you can make for it. Both Kingbill and Roadtrip have joined in, not to support Chesty but to show their disgust and disapproval.

I know you bite...

I'm being serious he needs to change the name.

I have no clue why I keep coming back here. Until you got here was just spending a minute or two checking it out and deiced to post to help out Lexx.
    You constantly attack lexx but he does go overboard with the (you know who) issue.

I've got to go, already been here to long. I wonder the same about you, why so much time on Cnance?
    He was abusive to people before I got here. He broke up any reasonable discussion I tried to have. He dared to call me a satanist (I dont accept the christian concept of this mythical monster). He was stupid enough to call me stupid so I done what only the CIA could do in the time it took me to do it. Stupid I am not. Does any of that answer your question on that subject?

As far as Cnance and the Indian post he kind of messed that up but if he is racist not unusual for a person of his age. Does sound like he may not care for the American Indian, it didn't upset me. It's posted on Scam by a man who is elderly. Oh and I have American Indian on my Dads side and my Dad was one big racist against blacks and Mexicans. Maybe just a bigot but could come across as racist. A lot of older people were raised to not care for minorities and minorities not to care for whites.
    His age is no excuse. One of my debating friends is around his age and a nicer gentleman you would never meet.

You are quite correct that this forum needs order. Way back when I joined and this all kicked off, I made a complaint to admin and guess what. I got no reply and the rest is history. I'm all for free speech but that lunatic just rants, abuses and totally destroys discussion.

You may think Its just about religion but Joe is a christian and throws the odd verse up but he is civil and you don't see me attacking him. I have a policy of thinking it is foolish to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I

The key to understanding chesty's hostile postings is noting what he posted when he came onto the forum. He said he came here to put me in my place for posting religious threads. If you read chesty's postings my analysis fits perfectly! Chesty is obsessed with his hatred for religion, and I am what he attacks because of this hatred. Nevertheless, I will post what I please on the forum.

When will chesty leave? No one here likes chesty, he uses foul language, misinterprets postings, insults, and has made egregious personal attacks. Chesty has even posted my resident addresses, past and present. He has dug up as much personal information on me as possible and posted in on the forum. If the former rules were enforced, chesty would be banned! What has chesty done to make the forum a productive place for internet discussion?
    Last edited by Cnance; 08-22-2018 at 11:01 PM.

The key to understanding chesty's hostile postings is noting what he posted when he came onto the forum. He said he came here to put me in my place for posting religious threads. If you read chesty's postings my analysis fits perfectly! Chesty is obsessed with his hatred for religion, and I am what he attacks because of this hatred. Nevertheless, I will post what I please on the forum.

When will chesty leave? No one here likes chesty, he uses foul language, misinterprets postings, insults, and has made egregious personal attacks. Chesty has even posted my resident addresses, past and present. He has dug up as much personal information on me as possible and posted in on the forum. If the former rules were enforced, chesty would be banned! What has chesty done to make the forum a productive place for internet discussion?
    You are really struggling to bury your filth aren't you Nance. Well Chesty will not allow this. Chesty will let the word know of your racist filth regarding Native Americans. How you joked that "a good Indian is a dead indian". You think you can justify that by calling it a joke. You just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper you filthy bastard.

Chesty will be away from the forum for a few days but will be back to tidy things up shortly. Enjoy the brief respite you filthy bastard.

You are really struggling to bury your filth aren't you Nance. Well Chesty will not allow this. Chesty will let the word know of your racist filth regarding Native Americans. How you joked that "a good Indian is a dead indian". You think you can justify that by calling it a joke. You just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper you filthy bastard.

Chesty will be away from the forum for a few days but will be back to tidy things up shortly. Enjoy the brief respite you filthy bastard.
    Do we have to wait for a few days in order to experience chesty's lies, filthy profanity, and worldly wisdom? I am sure everyone is on pins and needles awaiting chesty's filthy rants.

It has to be the most obscene barbarity ever experienced on the forum. All you peace loving wonderful people, duck for cover.
    Last edited by Cnance; 08-23-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Well PeggieSue. It would appear that another potential poster (kingbill) has come under a vile attack from the lunatic destroyer. The guy took no side but stated his opinion on the Native American matter. He also stated he was Jewish and that vile bastard even attacked that.
    That lunatic has no European connections and yet he feels he has the right to comment about the Nazi Halocaust. Right now, I am in Westerbork in the Netherlands. See if you can dig up the historical significance of Westerbork. My uncle still remembers the sound of the Nazi boots chasing him along the canal during the invasion. He was just a young boy at the time.
    Chuck Nance offends every decency that humanity should strive to achieve. He has no place here or anywhere save a lunatic asylum.

Everything chesty posts must be verified. He is a liar.

Everything chesty posts must be verified. He is a liar.
    So. Nance. Tell me your European connections. Tell me the significance of Westerbork in the Netherlands. You know less than nothing Nance. You are but a fool living in isolation and feeding off the scraps of information that best fit your psychotic delusional purpose.

It has to be the most obscene barbarity ever experienced on the forum. All you peace loving wonderful people, duck for cover. Chesty is posting!

It has to be the most obscene barbarity ever experienced on the forum. All you peace loving wonderful people, duck for cover. Chesty is posting!
    Barbarous? Hmm, how.
    It was a simple question to you who knows so much about what happened in Europe 1939 - 1945. But you have never even been outside of the US. Now answer the simple question Nance you pig ignorant bastard. Show your imagined audience how academic you actually are haha.

"So. Nance. Tell me your European connections. Tell me the significance of Westerbork in the Netherlands. You know less than nothing Nance. You are but a fool living in isolation and feeding off the scraps of information that best fit your psychotic delusional purpose".