+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 50

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!



    Assuming, as I have proposed there is no son of God, and Jesus was God, then interpretations for the lamb of God in Revelation changes from Jesus to God’s chosen people (Jews). The following assumed references for Jesus, the son of God, and therefore lamb of God, are found in Revelation: 5:2-14, 6:1-16, 7:14, 14:4, 15:3, 17:14, 19:9,16, 21:22-23. Early Christian leaders made the claim for Jesus, the son of God, being the lamb of God. It was taken from Jewish tradition. We find numerous references in the Old Testament, or Jewish holy books, to the lamb of God. It was part of a Jewish sacrifice in the name of Jehovah. Christians, after deciding Jesus was the son of God sent into the world as a sacrificial lamb for humankind, declared the lamb of God in Revelation to be Jesus. If you research books and articles about the "lamb of God," you will find Christian authors have, without exception, interpreted the "lamb of God" in Revelation to mean Jesus, the son of God. However, if, as I propose, there is no son of God, there would be no sacrificial lamb in Revelation. As God, Jesus cannot be a sacrificial lamb, it is ludicrous idea inasmuch a God asked his chosen people to make sacrifices.

    Assuming “lamb of God” references are to God’s "chosen people" (Jews), entirely different meanings emerge. Revelation becomes more understandable, even logical. I have researched the topic and have discovered no other person has proposed such an interpretation of Revelation. I suggest everyone read Revelation with my interpretation. You’ll find an historical story for the persecution of God’s chosen people.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-31-2018 at 08:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    sorry your idiotic rant failed to EXPLAIN for what PURPOSE there even IS a lamb of god!! unless of course you are being CRITICAL of the joos!! which since you claim to be a joo is SeLF criticism!! which i applaud actually!! to
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    sorry your idiotic rant failed to EXPLAIN for what PURPOSE there even IS a lamb of god!! unless of course you are being CRITICAL of the joos!! which since you claim to be a joo is SeLF criticism!! which i applaud actually!! to
    YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE POSTING!

    See references in Jewish holy books and the Old Testament. It is not an idiotic rant, it is a analytical statement about the use of the concept. If you didn't know the Christian interpretation for the lamb of God is Jesus, I can't help you. Read the literature, it is all there! Look up meanings yourself!
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-30-2018 at 06:51 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    i am aware of both old and new testament references to the lamb of god!! i have no idea what you are trying to insinuate in that regard!! your posts lack any consistant line of thought just made up opinions disguised as fact!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i am aware of both old and new testament references to the lamb of god!! i have no idea what you are trying to insinuate in that regard!! your posts lack any consistant line of thought just made up opinions disguised as fact!!
    I can't help you. The words are clear, you need to read it.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-31-2018 at 08:04 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    If the "lamb of God" had not been misinterpreted to mean Jesus the son of God, it is likely Revelation would have become part of a Jewish holy book. The entire meaning of Revelation changes when one conceives the lamb of God to be God’s chosen people. Furthermore, battles mentioned in Revelation are about Jews being persecuted, and Israel is the victim of the second beast of Revelation (Islam).

    Most people know of the danger Jews face with Islamic nations threatening to destroy Israel. Israel has already fought three major wars with Arab nations to defend itself. There may be, however, one final and devastating war to determine the fate of God’s chosen people. “They will wage war against the Lamb, but the lamb will trump over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings -- and with him will be his called, chosen, and faithful followers.” Rev. 17:14.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-31-2018 at 05:25 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    i take it your NOT a new heaven new EARTH guy/type!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i take it your NOT a new heaven new EARTH guy/type!?
    Once I bought into it, but now I don't believe it. However, I do think it may have been possible, but not anymore. It has to do with obeying God's commandments, no one does it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Once I bought into it, but now I don't believe it. However, I do think it may have been possible, but not anymore. It has to do with obeying God's commandments, no one does it.
    Isn't that why people need Jesus? To be forgiven.

    John 8:11 The adulterous woman is a good example.

    The beatitudes is a perfect example of how man cannot possible obey the law. Jesus seeks mercy, not justice.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Isn't that why people need Jesus? To be forgiven.

    John 8:11 The adulterous woman is a good example.

    The beatitudes is a perfect example of how man cannot possible obey the law. Jesus seeks mercy, not justice.
    If you pursue an open and unbiased investigation into the gospels, you will discover, as I have posted on this forum, that those NT authors wrote their gospels several decades after Jesus was killed, and ignored facts and circumstances of his death. Here are references:

    The Missing Gospels by Darrell L. Bock,PH.D., The Lost Gospel Q by Burton L. Mack. The book by Mack is the most important. Using a brilliant analysis supported by the world's foremost biblical scholars, Mack traces the time line for the Jesus movement, documenting when Jesus movement leaders changed the Jesus narrative from Jesusa wise man to Jesus the son of God.

    Of course, I have no documented reference for my idea that Jesus was God and not the son of God. However, Christians don't have any documented or historical confirmation either! Unfortunately, there is no evidence for Christians being scholars. If they were, they would serious question their assumptions about Jesus.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    If, as I suggested, the lamb of God represents Jews, and not Christians or Jesus as a sacrificial lamb for humankind, then we have a completely new interpretation of Revelation, as I have proposed. Israel is the modern day lamb of God attacked in three major wars by Arab nations (the second beast of Revelation), which I have interpreted as Islam, the first prophet being Muhammad. I posted these relationships on my thread entitled "Who are Beasts of Revelation?"

    As far as I know my reinterpretation of Revelation is extremely controversial. It violates sacred values of Christianity, and proposes God's religion with his chosen people is the first and last religion for the world. My justification for this position is based on the OT Lord's many admonitions to his chosen people to reject pagan Gods. Again, assuming Jesus was God, and not the son of God, then Christianity would be a pagan religion inasmuch as Christianity is about the son of God, a false deity. I know it is a serious charge, but, again, God was very stern in His admonishments against pagan gods. It is there throughout the Old Testament, "don't worship pagan gods."

    As for why it happened, read the history or the NT gospels, it is in the historical record of how they were written with no NT author being a eyewitness, stories being revised to the point where Jesus was reinterpreted to become a "sacrificial lamb" to save humankind. In original gospels, the ones destroyed by church leaders, we have some remaining fragments which indicated Jesus was a sage or wise leader, not the son of God. It is also very interesting that Jesus spoke about the "Kingdom of Heaven." It was as if he had been there! Then, we have church leaders noting Jesus making references to himself as two persons. Well, they resolved it to mean Jesus was both father and son, when the real story was Jesus was God, and God is a duality. I know, no one believes it. Well, maybe not, but it certainly explains discrepancies.
    Last edited by Cnance; 08-09-2018 at 01:29 AM.

  12. #12
    Unregistered Guest

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Why Jesus is not son of God?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Assuming God's chosen people are "the lamb of God" in Revelation, then, Rev. 14 about "the lamb and the 144,000" is extremely clear in meaning. It reads as follows: "Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his Father's name written on their foreheads." Rev. 14:1. What other people except God's chosen people would have "his Father's name written on their foreheads"? Oh, one could argue any religious group would qualify. However, assuming Christianity is the first beast of Revelation and Islam is the second beast of Revelation, what remains is Judaism and Jews. Again, if there is no son of God, Christianity is a pagan religion. And, if Allah is not God, Islam is a pagan religion.

    Interpreting the "lamb of God" as God's chosen people, as I have proposed, brings the entire book of Revelation into a meaningful context.
    Last edited by Cnance; 08-11-2018 at 12:12 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Isn't that why people need Jesus? To be forgiven.

    John 8:11 The adulterous woman is a good example.

    The beatitudes is a perfect example of how man cannot possible obey the law. Jesus seeks mercy, not justice.
    The only person who has the right of forgiveness to a wrongdoer is the wronged and not some mythical guru. Forgiveness from the injured party is real forgiveness, forgiveness from a mythical creation is just forgiveness from the self.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i am aware of both old and new testament references to the lamb of god!! i have no idea what you are trying to insinuate in that regard!! your posts lack any consistant line of thought just made up opinions disguised as fact!!
    Lamb is tasty with mint sauce.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Lamb of God in Revelation isn’t Jesus!

    Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    The only person who has the right of forgiveness to a wrongdoer is the wronged and not some mythical guru. Forgiveness from the injured party is real forgiveness, forgiveness from a mythical creation is just forgiveness from the self.
    Wow, chesty has put his foot in his mouth again! He is defining forgiveness as a legal term whereby the injured party has regress against the accused, which must be proven in court. It is a liability issue whereas the injured party must prove a damage or an injury as a consequence of the charge. In religious terminology, however, forgiveness is inferred as a condition of a relationship between the aggrieved sinner, or believer, and God. In this context, forgiveness is based on faith which, of course, has no material or legal basis. It is like comparing apples with oranges. A very poor comparison. Oh, well, it is what a stupid Irishman does best.

    Okay, everyone, here comes the defamation of character statements from the pseudo Irish intellectual. Just wait, chesty has some really good profanities for everyone. First, he must pray to Satan for inspiration. After a short prayer, he will be full of hatred and animosity, enough to fill a bulldozer with enough fuel for a long tractor run over believers. Oh, how sad and dismayed those believers will be when they see chesty's tractor bearing down on them. Chesty will enjoy hitting them and crushing their brittle bones. Then, enjoying every second, he will turn around and run over their carcasses. How very sad! Sob, Sob.
    Last edited by Cnance; 08-11-2018 at 03:15 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. lamb for PRESIDENT
    By lexx in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2018, 04:12 AM
  2. silenced by the lamb
    By lexx in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2018, 05:55 AM
  3. on the lamb
    By lexx in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 06:51 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 09:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •