+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 34

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,307

    Democrats Represent what?

    What do modern day Democrats stand for? They seem to oppose all of what people want, which is financial security, safety, boarder protection, and world prestige. I can see it now, Democrats will run on hating Trump, throwing away crumps on silver plates, and bringing down big business for socialism. That's it, Democrats need a proletariat dictator to run from President. I know, the best candidate may be a college professor hoping to prove Marx right. Bring down those Wall Street Capitalist PIGS, and throw out the foul "soup of inequality." Bring down those upstarts who think they may be better than the rest of us! Yes, it is time for a "Proletariat Revolution." Who are the best candidates?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    19,629

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    The dems want freeloaders who rely on gubment handouts so they can bribe them with entitlements to buy votes.

    When I go to Costco, it says "don't feed the pigeons because they don't want the birds to become dependent free loaders.

    While we don't want Americans to be starving, we don't want to just keep issuing handout where they become dependent on them and become unable to function without the government.

    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    What do modern day Democrats stand for? They seem to oppose all of what people want,
    What people exactly? Given that Trump lost the popular vote.

    which is financial security,
    Odd, My retirement (a State run 401k) made about $60,000 in 2016-17. Yet in 2018 (1st quarter) I only made about $600. Please explain how, I have 'financial security'?

    safety
    Safety form what exactly? Safety from the Russians does not appear to have been increasd, nor has safety from North Korea.


    boarder protection
    I have never felt threatened by border security anyway. Being in Oregon, do you fell threatened by people from Central and South America, or Asia?

    world prestige.
    The world is laughing at the US more then ever.

    I know, the best candidate may be a college professor hoping to prove Marx right.
    Kinda like a Sociologist, like yourself?
    Last edited by nomaxim; 07-11-2018 at 06:49 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,307

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    What people exactly? Given that Trump lost the popular vote.

    Odd, My retirement (a State run 401k) made about $60,000 in 2016-17. Yet in 2016 (1st quarter) I only made about $600. Please explain how, I have 'financial security'?

    Safety form what exactly? Safety from the Russians does not appear to have been increasd, nor has safety from North Korea.


    I have never felt threatened by border security anyway. Being in Oregon, do you fell threatened by people from Central and South America, or Asia?

    The world is laughing at the US more then ever.

    Kinda like a Sociologist, like yourself?
    It would be better if we didn't make personal attacks. You think you know a lot about me, but you really don't.

    I prefer to discuss issues. So, if you invested in the market last year, you would have made a good return inasmuch as the market has soared since Trump has been in office. It all depends on how you invest. I have a big investment in a mutual fund that has increased 13.7%. As for boarder security, let's discuss the nation, not me or you. As a nation, border security is necessary, otherwise, we would not have a nation. I recall Obama not giving it a lot of consideration. Being a Marxist, he wanted some kind of open boarders, let the rich give to poor in every nation!


    As for safety, you need to live in the real world to know what has happened when nations threaten one another. I suppose you have forgot about WWII. Then, there was the cold war. Well, if you live in Disney land, there are no threats. If you are an altruistic kind, or dedicated communist, you would turn everything over to the government for distribution. Darn, I don't have a good reputation with communists. I suppose I would be imprisoned or killed. It is what Stalin did when he became the communist dictator of the USSR. Oh, I forgot, Marxists have revised history. Lenin and Stalin were truly Saints. And those 65 million people murdered by Chinese communists paid a necessary price for Marx's utopian world. Boy, I am sure happy to be living in a capitalist nation. Marxists are really stupid. Don't you agree? Oh, maybe you don't!


    Oh, yes, rogue nations with atomic weapons is not a threat. We live in a new world where everyone is safe. If we have problems, socialists will come to our rescue. Ha. ha.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-11-2018 at 06:54 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    It would be better if we didn't make personal attacks. You think you know a lot about me, but you really don't.

    I prefer to discuss issues. So, if you invested in the market last year, you would have made a good return inasmuch as the market has soared since Trump has been in office. It all depends on how you invest. I have a big investment in a mutual fund that has increased 13.7%. As for boarder security, let's discuss the nation, not me or you. As a nation, border security is necessary, otherwise, we would not be a nation. I recall Obama not giving it a lot of consideration. Being a Marxist, he wanted some kind of open boarders, let the rich give to poor in every nation!


    As for safety, you need to live in the real world to know what has happened when nations threaten one another. I suppose you have forgot about WWII. Then, there was the cold war. Well, if you live in Disney land, there are no threats. If you are truly an altruistic kind, or dedicated communist, you would turn everything over to the government for distribution. Darn, I don't have a good reputation with communists. I suppose I would be imprisoned of killed. It is what Stalin did when he became the communist dictator of the USSR. Oh, I forgot, Marxist have revised history. Lenin and Stalin were truly Saints. And those 65 million people murdered by Chinese communists paid a necessary price for Marx's utopian world. Boy, I am sure happy to be living in a capitalist nation. Marxists are really stupid. Don't you agree? Oh, maybe you don't!


    Oh, yes, rogue nations with atomic weapons is not a threat. We live in a new world where everyone is safe. If we have problems, socialists will come to our rescue. Ha. ha.
    What, "personal attacks"?

    Can you address the issues, or not?

    "Disney Land", "Lenin" and "Stalin"?
    And Chinese Communists?
    Marxists??

    I hate to inform you, but it is 2018 and not 1950. The terms you are using are rather archaic.

    I understand that your wife makes you sleep in the basement. But, that is no reason for you to be, well, rather out of touch with reality.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 07-11-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,307

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    What, "personal attacks"?

    Can you address the issues, or not?
    I guess you read and forget. Read your posting!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,307

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    What, "personal attacks"?

    Can you address the issues, or not?

    "Disney Land", "Lenin" and "Stalin"?
    And Chinese Communists?
    Marxists??

    I hate to inform you, but it is 2018 and not 1950. The terms you are using are rather archaic.

    I understand that your wife makes you sleep in the basement. But, that is no reason for you to be, well, rather out of touch with reality.
    So, why the smart remarks? I don't make them about you, so why do you do it? I doubt you would say those things to my face. Let me know when you have returned to civil society.

    I know what upset you. It is my strong Anti-Marxist remarks. I don't intend to apologize. Marx is dead, and I hope he stays in his grave. Marxism is one the most harmful things ever!
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-11-2018 at 07:15 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I guess you read and forget. Read your posting!
    I did, and no where to I see a "personal attack" against you!
    Now, I did make a "personal attack" against you in Post #5. However that was after your claim of a "personal attack".

    Can you clarify?
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I doubt you would say those things to my face.
    You've made that claim numerous times. And, I have always replied, "no problem".

    I have a meeting, as a guest, at the Burke Museum next month for a discussion on Arachnology & Entomology.
    Care to attend?

    EDIT
    The discussion is about 'spiders', pertaining to (Arachnology), which I have little interest in.
    But, I'm sure many of the guests would like to hear you views on 'social' interactions.
    Not that, you would have any idea about the 'social' interactions of spiders, anymore then I would.



    We would both be out of our fields.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 07-11-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,307

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    You've made that claim numerous times. And, I have always replied, "no problem".

    I have a meeting, as a guest, at the Burke Museum next month for a discussion on Arachnology & Entomology.
    Care to attend?

    EDIT
    The discussion is about 'spiders', pertaining to (Arachnology), which I have little interest in.
    But, I'm sure many of the guests would like to hear you views on 'social' interactions.
    Not that, you would have any idea about the 'social' interactions of spiders, anymore then I would.



    We would both be out of our fields.
    Let us be civil, then, there is no issue. I don't want to meet with you, I have a lot to do, and I am lazy, don't want to travel.
    I do, however, have an issue with Marx, and I don't think anyone can dispute my criticism. Capitalism works, Marxism fails!

    Have a nice day. Ha ha.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Let us be civil, then, there is no issue. I don't want to meet with you, I have a lot to do, and I am lazy, don't want to travel.
    I kind of figured that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I do, however, have an issue with Marx, and I don't think anyone can dispute my criticism. Capitalism works, Marxism fails!
    That's because no one has argued your Capitalism/Marxism fallacy.

    Do you understand?

    The Capitalism/Marxism argument died 20 years ago.

    Marxism was intended, by "Karl Marx" to fight Feudalism.

    Since 'Feudalism' no longer exists, why would you think that 'Marxism' still does?

    Does 'Marxism' still exist?
    Yes, some groups in South America, Africa, and South-East Asia still do hold to such doctrines.

    Otherwise, your whole 'Marxism' argument means nothing.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,307

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    I kind of figured that.




    That's because no one has argued your Capitalism/Marxism fallacy.

    Do you understand?

    The Capitalism/Marxism argument died 20 years ago.

    Marxism was intended, by "Karl Marx" to fight Feudalism.

    Since 'Feudalism' no longer exists, why would you think that 'Marxism' still does?

    Does 'Marxism' still exist?
    Yes, some groups in South America, Africa, and South-East Asia still do hold to such doctrines.

    Otherwise, your whole 'Marxism' argument means nothing.
    I don't accept your reply. First, Marxism remains an issue because we still have Communist nations in the world. No, the Marxism argument did not die 20 years ago. Go to any university and count the number of Marxists in social science disciplines, the majority are Marxist. Read indexes to major academic textbooks in social science disciplines and you'll find numerous references to Karl Marx. In sociology, the major theoretical perspective is "Conflict Theory" which is based on Marxism! No one has argued my criticism of Marx because no one can! If you think you can, put me to the test by arguing for Marx. For our argument, I prefer to use Marx's writings. If we stay with the words of Marx, I will win the debate. Can you do it? I know you are a Marxist, most academics are MARXIST!

    To save time, go to my thread on this forum, Is Communism the best fit for Society? There you will find my critique of Marx based on his writings.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-11-2018 at 09:51 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I don't accept your reply. First, Marxism remains an issue because we still have Communist nations in the world. No, the Marxism argument did not die 20 years ago.
    Really, where? Please be exact and include links. And please, don't include links to older/archaic subjects.


    Go to any academic department and count the number of Marxists
    Don't know of any at present. Do you have any links to such?
    See above.



    Read indexes to major academic textbooks in social science disciplines and you'll find numerous references to Karl Marx.
    Don't know of any at present. Do you have any links to such?
    Again; see above.


    No one has argued my criticism of Marx because no one can! If you think you can, put me in my place by arguing for Marx. For our argument, I prefer to use Marx's writings. If we stay with the words of Marx, I will win the debate. Critique Marx based on what he wrote! Can you do it? I know you are a Marxist, most academics are MARXIST!
    Now one cares, nor discusses 'Marxism" anymore.


    To save time, go to my thread on this forum, Is Communism a good fit for Society?
    Why, you cannot even link to your argument.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 07-11-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,307

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    Really, where. Please be exact and include links.


    Don't know of any at present. Do you have any links to such?


    See above:
    Don't know of any at present. Do you have any links to such?


    Now one cares, nor discusses 'Marxism" anymore.


    Why, you cannot even link to your argument.
    If you don't want to debate, just say so. Don't put up a smoke screen.

    Your tricky, but isn't it dishonest? I posted Marx's influence in academia. I conclude you are not up to debating Marx. I suspect you don't know enough about Marx. So sad!

    Okay, I'll make it easy, here is my summary statement about communism.

    Let the debate begin. Here is a general definition of Communism.

    Under communism, the all-round development of people will be accompanied by the growth of the productive forces on the basis of continuous progress in science and technology, all the springs of social wealth will flow abundantly, and the great principle "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" will be implemented. Communism is a highly organized society of free, socially conscious working people a society in which public self-government will be established, a society in which labor for the good of society will become the prime vital requirement of everyone, a clearly recognized necessity, and the ability of each person will be employed to the greatest benefit of the people.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_society

    I claim communism defies human nature. If it were the right social order, why do so many communist societies collapse? Where in the real world do you find equality? What groups of people or individuals are equal? I suggest you find equality in some government organizations where government officials control resources and people for what leaders propose to be “proper conduct.” In free markets, individuals are not constrained by government dictates or organizations. They seek to define themselves according to what they do best. Why do communists struggle to establish a dysfunctional society? Could it be they don’t understand human nature?

    I propose people are different because their identity and ambitions are based on competency needs. People are motivated to gain social recognition for competence, not social equality. Everyone, in one way or another, strives to developed what “they can do best” in order to achieve. As for evidence, it is everywhere in the real world. Young people learn what they can do best, develop competences, and then allow themselves opportunities to “achieve,” or excel at activities or endeavors most likely to satisfy “competence needs.”

    Now, do you think you have enough information about Marx to debate? I hope so, I have spent a lot of time critiquing Marx. I want something back for my efforts. Come on, let's debate!
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-11-2018 at 10:07 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,186

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    If you don't want to debate, just say so. Don't put up a smoke screen.
    Really?
    What debate, where?

    Your tricky, but isn't it dishonest? I posted Marx's influence in academia.
    Really, where?
    I conclude you are not up to debating Marx. I suspect you don't know enough about Marx. So sad!
    Again, where have you posted this grand debate?

    I see no active links in any of your posts?
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,307

    Re: Democrats Represent what?

    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    Really?
    What debate, where?


    Really, where?

    Again, where have you posted this grand debate?

    I see no active links in any of your posts?
    Look on this forum in political threads, right here!

    https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?...it-for-society

    If you don't want to read it, at least read my opening statement.

    Under communism, the all-round development of people will be accompanied by the growth of the productive forces on the basis of continuous progress in science and technology, all the springs of social wealth will flow abundantly, and the great principle "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" will be implemented. Communism is a highly organized society of free, socially conscious working people a society in which public self-government will be established, a society in which labor for the good of society will become the prime vital requirement of everyone, a clearly recognized necessity, and the ability of each person will be employed to the greatest benefit of the people.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_society

    I claim communism defies human nature. If it were the right social order, why do so many communist societies collapse? Where in the real world do you find equality? What groups of people or individuals are equal? I suggest you find equality in some government organizations where government officials control resources and people for what leaders propose to be “proper conduct.” In free markets, individuals are not constrained by government dictates or organizations. They seek to define themselves according to what they do best. Why do communists struggle to establish a dysfunctional society? Could it be they don’t understand human nature?

    I propose people are different because their identity and ambitions are based on competency needs. People are motivated to gain social recognition for competence, not social equality. Everyone, in one way or another, strives to developed what “they can do best” in order to achieve. As for evidence, it is everywhere in the real world. Young people learn what they can do best, develop competences, and then allow themselves opportunities to “achieve,” or excel at activities or endeavors most likely to satisfy “competence needs.”

    Now, do you think you have enough information about Marx to debate? I hope so, I have spent a lot of time critiquing Marx. I want something back for my efforts. Come on, let's debate!

    I'm guessing this is a waste of time. Marxist can't debate Marxism because they have already made up their minds. Marxism is like bad headache. there seems to be no cure. ha. ha.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-11-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. How low can democrats go
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 09:25 AM
  2. Thanks, Democrats!
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
  3. Zionists Do Not Represent Jews
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 08:51 AM
  4. If The Democrats Win
    By ianmatthews in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 05:20 PM
  5. Zionists Do Not Represent Jews
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 04:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •