+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

177,000 More American Jobs Thanks To Trump!

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/0...rkers-in-june/

WASHINGTON >> American businesses added 177,000 workers in June, a sign of health and resilience for the U.S. labor market and economy, according to a private survey.

Payroll processor ADP said Thursday that hiring was led by employers with more than 50 workers, accounting for 84 percent of the job growth. The education and health sector led the gains by adding 46,000 workers. Leisure and hospitality added 33,000 jobs, as did professional and business services.

The job growth of the past several years reflects an economic expansion that is now entering its tenth year. But the hiring gains are now creating a challenge for employers to find capable workers, said Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, which helps put together the report.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: 177,000 More American Jobs Thanks To Trump!

YIKES that's LOW!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    YIKES that's LOW!!
    More than o'bama. Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker lecks.

Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

read it and WEEP joe!! trumps jobs boom is FAKE NEWS from a FAKE president!! !!

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-job-...-0465cb9b54c2/
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

When unemployment is so low, employers have difficulty in filling all the job openings.

its more like why hire more people when we can SKIMP and SAVE!! why waste the tax cut on EMPLOYEE RISK/BURDEN!! save it for BONUSES!! skeleton crew works HARDER for their MONEY!!

Unregistered Guest

its more like why hire more people when we can SKIMP and SAVE!! why waste the tax cut on EMPLOYEE RISK/BURDEN!! save it for BONUSES!! skeleton crew works HARDER for their MONEY!!
    That's what happens when liberals want to make the minimum wage $15 an hour for sweeping floors at Taco Bell.

Good thing Trump's tax cuts resulted in more pay and bonuses for workers and winded up creating more opportunities as companies moved some operations back to the US.

That's what happens when liberals want to make the minimum wage $15 an hour for sweeping floors at Taco Bell.

Good thing Trump's tax cuts resulted in more pay and bonuses for workers and winded up creating more opportunities as companies moved some operations back to the US.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...n-workers.html
    Trump's Mar-a-Lago seeks to hire 61 foreign workers
    4 hours ago

{No writer listed} (added by me )

Despite his rhetoric that immigration hurts American workers, President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club is seeking to hire 61 foreign workers for the 2018 winter season, according to the Labor Department.

Trump’s “Winter White House” has applied to hire 21 cooks from other countries to work at the resort from October to May. The Palm Beach, Fla., club also wants to hire 40 foreigners for wait-staff positions.

The seasonal workers would be required to return to their home country once their H-2B visas expire.

Critics of the visa program claim it is a tool employers can use to exploit vulnerable foreign workers and represses wages for American workers by providing a cheap labor source for companies. Supporters say the program is necessary to keep American businesses afloat and allows seasonal businesses to operate at a greater capacity.

In order to obtain H-2B visas, employers are required to prove there aren’t enough U.S. workers who are “able, willing, qualified and available” to do the work. By law, every open position must be advertised in the community.

In May, the Department of Homeland Security said it would allow an additional 15,000 H-2B visas in 2018. Congress set a cap of 66,000 new H-2B visas a year.

This year, the pay for a cook at Mar-a-Lago starts at $13.31 per hour – down three cents from the year before. But the base salary for servers rose to $12.68 per hour this year from $11.88 per hour the year before.

Other Trump-related businesses have also gone outside the U.S. to pad its seasonal work force. Trump’s golf club in Westchester County, N.Y., asked to hire 14 foreign staff for cook and server spots. The Trump Winery in Charlottesville, Va., is looking for 23 H-2B visas.

Trump has hired 240 foreign workers at Mar-a-Lago since he announced his candidacy for president in June 2015, according to BuzzFeed, which first reported the news.
    Looks like Trump is adding a lot of immigrant workers, at least for his own businesses, as well.

In May, the Department of Homeland Security said it would allow an additional 15,000 H-2B visas in 2018. Congress set a cap of 66,000 new H-2B visas a year.
    So, Trump is now allowing 81,000 H2B visas?
    Last edited by nomaxim; 07-06-2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added last quote
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...n-workers.html

Looks like Trump is adding a lot of immigrant workers, at least for his own businesses, as well.
    Yes, it appears Trump has hired foreign workers for his business, but he has also initiated "job increases" for US workers from Tax Cuts, reduced government regulations, and companies returning to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Yes, it appears Trump has hired foreign workers for his business, but he has also initiated "job increases" for US workers from Tax Cuts, reduced government regulations, and companies returning to the US.
    Really?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1348df675167
    As Trump’s trade war kicks off, Europe celebrates tariff-hit Harley-Davidson
    by Rick Noack
    July 6 at 7:23 AM

BERLIN — All eyes were on Washington and Beijing as President Trump's first real trade war took its first bites on Friday.

But one of the day's most instructive cautionary tales took place in the heart of Europe. The iconic U.S. motorcycle company Harley-Davidson celebrated its 115th birthday Friday in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic. (A separate birthday event will be held later this year at the company's Milwaukee headquarters.)

The Prague bash — which is expected to bring up to 100,000 fans through Sunday — was planned long before Harley-Davidson became the latest victim of Trump's tariff tumult.

Harley-Davidson announced last week its decision to move some work abroad to escape tariffs on motorcycle imports that the European Union has imposed in response to the president’s earlier tariffs on steel and aluminum. The E.U. tariffs, Harley-Davidson said, would have made motorcycles $2,200 more expensive on average, but there was a way out: to produce them somewhere else.

Europe may only account for about 16 percent of Harley-Davidson sales compared to about 50 percent in the United States, but the company still appears willing to draw the president's ire to defend its slice of the market in countries such as Germany, Britain and France.

[China fires back as Trump's trade war becomes reality]

This week's Prague celebration indicates where the company hopes to win over new, younger customers within the next few years. Brands like Harley-Davidson have a global marketplace, which was on full display with the Prague bikefest. That reality had run headlong into Trump's America First agenda, showing that U.S. companies are likely to take action if the Trump trade policies begin to hurt their bottom lines.

Harley-Davidson was an extra sting to Trump after he touted its U.S. factories. Writing on Twitter last week, Trump said he was “surprised that Harley-Davidson, of all companies, would be the first to wave the White Flag . . . I fought hard for them.”

This week, Trump doubled down on his comments, directly threatening the company. “Now that Harley-Davidson is moving part of its operation out of the U.S., my Administration is working with other Motor Cycle companies who want to move into the U.S.,” Trump wrote on Twitter. Harley-Davidson did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment on Friday.
    (click link for full article)
    Looks like some iconic US companies have a different view of events then you do.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 07-06-2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added China linkl
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Really?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1348df675167

Looks like some iconic US companies have a different view of events then you do.
    There are Trump detractors. but so what? It is the way of politics. The real truth is in results. You can't deny what I posted for Trump's job successes, it is based on records!

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...-all-measures/

There are Trump detractors. but so what? It is the way of politics. The real truth is in results. You can't deny what I posted for Trump's job successes, it is based on records!
    As is mine.

Your point is?

Besides the point that your source is ignoring Trump's hiring of immigrants?

Oh, wait. Politics, that must be it.

Yep, that's it!

Politics overrules religious and ethical boundaries.

Got it.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 07-06-2018 at 07:08 PM. Reason: LoL

As is mine.

Your point is?
    My point is you are wrong. I said Trump has been successful at increasing jobs. The primary criteria should be what he does for the US as President. His private business is another matter. I posted facts for my assertion. If evidence doesn't matter, what is the sense of discussing? I prefer to evaluate Trump based on what he does as President for US citizens, not what he may or may not do as a private citizen. If you want to criticize, there is always something. As for jobs, you can't criticize Trump for what he has accomplished for US citizens.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...-all-measures/
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-06-2018 at 07:18 PM.

My point is you are wrong.
    I see.

An individuals subjective opinion is 'wrong'. Thank you for that revaluation.

Unfortunately, for you, logically that can not be true.

A subjective opinion (personal point of view) can never, actually be wrong.

You may as well state that 68°(F) is cold, while I argue that it is mild. If you wish to state that 68°(F) is cold and that I'm wrong. Well, that is up to you. It is actually a matter of (personal) opinion.

I see.

An individuals subjective opinion is 'wrong'. Thank you for that revaluation.

Unfortunately, for you, logically that can not be true.

A subjective opinion (personal point of view) can never, actually be wrong.

You may as well state that 68°(F) is cold, while I argue that it is mild. If you wish to state that 68°(F) is cold and that I'm wrong. Well, that is up to you. It is actually a matter of (personal) opinion.
    How can you make a discussion about job numbers, the subject of this thread, into a "subjective discussion?" I think the problem for you and lexx is you don't like Trump, so, no matter what he does, he is wrong. Right? I got you there!

If you don't think jobs are important, post another thread. Otherwise, be honest and admit the topic of the thread is Trump and jobs.
    Last edited by Cnance; 07-06-2018 at 07:46 PM.