+ Reply to Thread

Where is truth in the New Testament?

If Jesus was God and not the son of God, what value is the New Testament? How would the gospels and Paul's writings hold up if, yes, indeed, Jesus was not the son of God? I propose they fall apart. How do you interpret the gospels without the son of God? Well, they may have little, or maybe, no value. If you conduct scholarly research you'll find a lot of errors in the gospels. As an example, if you read gospels written prior to the four NT gospels, you find Jesus to be a sage or wise man, not the son of God. Futhermore, what you find is Jesus making many statements about the kingdom of God. Why is that? Well, assuming Jesus was God, why wouldn't he talk about heaven?

Based on my research and attention to Jesus as God, I believe Revelation to be a book about God and end times. As an example, assuming Jesus was God and God is a duality, Revelation 11 about the two witnesses is the real story about Jesus. Then, assuming Satan attempted to destroy God while he was in the world as Jesus, Revelation 12 is the story about heavenly angels fighting Satan. If you notice, both chapters 11 and 12 stipulate 1,260 days, or 31/2 years, to be the time frame for God being in the world as Jesus. There are other factors for determining relationships between chapters 11 and 12 of Revelation, but, certainly, time is important. If you understand basic truths about God and His purpose, Revelation makes sense.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-24-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Re: Where is truth in the New Testament?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    If Jesus was God and not the son of God, what value is the New Testament? How would the gospels and Paul's writings hold up if, yes, indeed, Jesus was not the son of God? I propose they fall apart. How do you interpret the gospels without the son of God? Well, they may have little, or maybe, no value. If you conduct scholarly research you'll find a lot of errors in the gospels. As an example, if you read gospels written prior to the four NT gospels, you find Jesus to be a sage or wise man, not the son of God. Futhermore, what you find is Jesus making many statements about the kingdom of God. Why is that? Well, assuming Jesus was God, why wouldn't he talk about heaven?

Based on my research and attention to Jesus as God, I believe Revelation to be a book about God and end times. As an example, assuming Jesus was God and God is a duality, Revelation 11 about the two witnesses is the real story about Jesus. Then, assuming Satan attempted to destroy God while he was in the world as Jesus, Revelation 12 is the story about heavenly angels fighting Satan. If you notice, both chapters 11 and 12 stipulate 1,260 days, or 31/2 years, to be the time frame for God to be in the world as Jesus. There are other factors for determining relationships between chapters 11 and 12 of Revelation, but, certainly, time is important. If you understand basic truths about God and His purpose, Revelation makes sense.
    Delusional lunacy. Sad. Sad. Sad. Nobody gives a shit so f uck off Nancy.

What is the truth about chesty? So, what are his goals on this forum? Based on angry and hostile postings on religious threads, it is obvious, he hates God and most anything associated with good moral conduct. His goal is to insult everyone, cause conflict, and discourage people from posting on the forum. Is he a professional criminal? Is he a hit man or someone willing to do Satan's work for a price? On the subject of religion, or the Bible, chesty is very hostile and demeaning. According to evidence, he's a Satanist. Most Satanists are very cleaver, you don't know when they are lying, or just kidding around. Based on chesty's postings, he appears to be a calloused, or hard core, Satanist.

The big problem with God haters is they have no place to go. When they are dead it is all over. Unlike immortal angels, humans are mortal creatures. Just like other species, human bodies turn to dust, there are no other possibilities. Oh, I forgot, there is Jesus who saves people from damnation. Well, maybe! What if Jesus was God, and not the son of God? It would change the salvation story.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-24-2018 at 06:09 PM.

It is weird when theology gets messed up, anything can go wrong. Paul made theological blunders, but probable the most egregious one was when he speculated about Jesus being the "firstborn of many brothers." It puts the son of God into an orphanage with other wondering children.

Apparently, Christians have deluded themselves into believing they are also sons of God and therefore equal to Jesus. Paul wrote concerning Jesus, “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called, those he called, he also justified, he also glorified.” (Romans 29 & 30).

According to Paul, Christians are equal to the son of God. Paul gets even more ridiculous when he states, “Now if we are children, then we are heirs – heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his suffering in order that we may also share in his glory.” (Romans 8:17). One may ask: when did God conceive a son?” Isn’t God eternal? We know God create time when he created creatures. Evidently, according to New Testament authors God created the son of God when Jesus came into the world. Things really get wacky when you make up stories to explain away what really happened. The better explanation, according to my dreams, is Jesus was God and because He is a duality, followers got everything mixed up. They interpreted God’s duality as father and son. From there, the Christian train went off the track into the wilderness of make-believe. With so many Christian religious, it is difficult to know which one to believe. It makes God a crazy bunch of abstract paintings, none of which makes any sense.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-24-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Henceforth he will ignore me and henceforth the bastard lies again. You propose something you call god so define this proposal in an identifiable manner and then prove how this definition was established. You f ucking can't. The point of god was a proposed starting point that simply became an unquestioned assumption. It is and always was, without foundation. Religious freedom allows lunatics to run riot with their fantasies as nothing exists to refute the many many versions of this lunacy. A pre programmed bunch of lunatics in need of a comfort blanket. You will die Nancy and you will rot Nancy and that will be the end of you.

Chesty is so uneducated about almost everything that in a formal exchange it is like talking to a loose cannon. He asked for information about God. Why do they (religions) believe in God, etc.? Then, when he receives an educated reply, such as recounting the history of Israel, archeological evidence for early Jewish settlements, etc., he says it is a bunch of lies. Yes, chesty must be one of the most illiterate stupid atheist ever! It is not possible to have an intelligent discussion with chesty, he is a ignorant Irishman with a "dirty cork" in his mouth. When he discusses religion what comes out is a progression of idiotic and filthy statements.

Everyone remembers when I posted all those references for God on my Dream thread. Well, what does chesty do? He says it doesn't count. I am a liar and a fraud. Well, he can scream all he wants but I wont deny the truth of what I know. Furthermore, I post what I please about what I know, and I will continue to post my ideas about God on the religious forum. I don't think the owner of the forum will eliminate my threads simple because chesty doesn't like it!

In short, chesty is too biased and stupid to bother with any kind of "civil discussion." Go out and ride your motorcycle chesty, take it out on an Irish turnpike!

Oh, I forgot, in keeping with your Satanist nature, I wish you die and your body rot in a filthy Irish cemetery where dogs dig up corpses for snack food, ha. ha.
    Last edited by Cnance; 06-25-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Chesty is so uneducated about almost everything that in a formal exchange it is like talking to a loose cannon. He asked for information about God. Why do they (religions) believe in God, etc.? Then, when he receives an educated reply, such as recounting the history of Israel, archeological evidence for early Jewish settlements, etc., he says it is a bunch of lies. Yes, chesty must be one of the most illiterate stupid atheist ever! It is not possible to have an intelligent discussion with chesty, he is a ignorant Irishman with a "dirty cork" in his mouth. When he discusses religion what comes out is a progression of idiotic and filthy statements.

Everyone remembers when I posted all those references for God on my Dream thread. Well, what does chesty do? He says it doesn't count. I am a liar and a fraud. Well, he can scream all he wants but I wont deny the truth of what I know. Furthermore, I post what I please about what I know, and I will continue to post my ideas about God on the religious forum. I don't think the owner of the forum will eliminate my threads simple because chesty doesn't like it!

In short, chesty is too biased and stupid to bother with any kind of "civil discussion." Go out and ride your motorcycle chesty, take it out on an Irish turnpike!

Oh, I forgot, in keeping with your Satanist nature, I wish you die and your body rot in a filthy Irish cemetery where dogs dig up corpses for snack food, ha. ha.
    We are a civilized society unlike the shithole backwater you crawl about in. We don't have "turnpikes" (whatever they might be) and we feed our dogs. Your picture of the world is restricted to what you see through the window of your cell. Why do you presume that the rest of the world mirrors your restricted world. You don't even own a passport haha.